Nicknames: Atrocitrus, Atrocitrus of the Five Inversions, Red Lantern
Titles: Founder of the Red Lanterns, Commander of the Red Lanterns
Star Sign: Unknown
Allegiance: Red Lantern Corps; formerly: Five Inversions, Empire of Tears, New Guardians
Moral Alignment: Evil
[Personal Information]Occupation: Red Lantern Commander
• Destroy Sinestro
• Erase all hope
• Eradicate all good
• Being weak
Darkest Secret: No one can ever know....that I had a wife and child
Favourite Food: Flesh
Favourite Drink: Blood
Least Favourite Food: Anything other than flesh.
Least Favourite Drink: Anything other than blood.
Intelligence Level: Highly Intelligent
Dominant Hand: Right
• Red Lantern Powers
• Blue Lantern Powers
• Yellow Lantern Powers (Calms Rage)
Philosophical/ Social Viewpoint:
Hatred is the one constant, a conduit of my rage for this wretched universe and its inhabitants. All should bask in their rage and let it flow freely.
There is nothing beyond what we see. Some of us are gods among piss ants.
Romance is utterly useless and a real sign of weakness.
Atrocitus will say and do whatever he desires to do, regardless of who it benefits or harms. He is motivated purely by his rage and desire for revenge, destruction, and despair.
Pre-Void Earth Biography
Atrocitus had remained fairly quiet until the emergence of the Void Earth universe. He has been plotting and watching the universe around him, developing complex strategies and plans to manipulate the universe around him for his benefit and to attain his desired goals. Thanks to his observation he is aware of his new mortal enemy, and current target, Ian; the new Green Lantern.
- Atrocitus has not time for fool things such as friends.
○ Ian Paul Wickes | Good | Mortal Enemies
- Since Ian is a Green Lantern, he is the mortal enemy of Atrocitus.
○ Unnamed Wife | Unknown | Wife
- Some woman Atrocitus married and screwed and knocked up.
○ Unnamed Daughter | Unknown | Daughter
- Result of Atrocitus screwing a woman.
- Romance is useless.
○ Red Power Ring: Explanation/Details
○ Rage Plasma: The Red Lantern can vomit plasma, which has been described as napalm and acid mixed together, it burns away at anything. It can be surmised that is the internal rages effect on the blood. These flames burn even in space. The effect it has on living beings allows it to ignite the flames of rage in a victims' blood and has the effect of burning through an energy aura of an opponent as well as corrupting other power rings depleting them at an accelerated rate and greatly weakening the structures they create.
○ Energy Projection: The ring can be used to fire blasts of Rage energy. This power is unique as it takes the form of rage-energized blood. The ring can project this blood as a blast that has the effect of a concussive blast with high destructive capability. The weapon's power is more an indication of the Rage of the user, rather then their willpower.
○ Energy Constructs: The ring can form constructs of Rage energy. The primary function of the Power Ring is to provide a weapon capable of transforming the wearer's thoughts into physical constructs through the wearer's rage. A Red Lantern can create any particular items or construct that they can imagine as long as they have the appropriate amount of rage necessary to will it into existence. The constructs are made out of red energy, which is a tangible form of pure rage, and they exist only as long as a Red Lantern is fueling it with their rage. Items created by the rings are not indestructible and are only as powerful as the rage of the Red Lantern creating them. The types of constructs usually reflects the ring wearer's personality.
○ Force-Field: The ring can create various force-fields of various sizes and shapes to protect the wearer and others around him. With the cosmic duties of the ring wielder, it is only natural that the power ring is designed for operation in space. The ring creates a force-field around the wearer, protecting him/her/it from the hazards of the void including filtration of stellar radiation and microscopic particulate matter which would ordinarily be fatal should the space debris strike the ring wielder at high speeds. An atmosphere appropriate to the ring wielder's biology is created inside the force-field, body temperature is maintained and waste products are removed. Gravitational stresses which could cause injury are stabilized for the ring wielder. Theoretically, a ring wielder could use the ring as his/her/its sole source of life support. The force-field seems to be created instantaneously, whether this is due to programming or an instinctive reaction from intensive training has not been established.
○ Flight: By the manipulation of anti-gravitons and directed molecular movement, the ring allows the user to fly at incredible speeds.
○ Rage Infection: The Red Power Ring is capable of infecting others with the rage of the Red Lantern, which can lead to them being converted to the the Red Lantern Cause.
○ Rage Empowerment: the Red Lantern ring is unique in that its base of power, Rage, can be manipulated by the ring user. A Red Lantern can detect the rage in the heart of others and by connection the heart that pumps that blood. The rage and hatred of a individual red lantern empowers their abilities as well as the rage and hatred of others.
○ Black Lantern Resistance: As the Black Lanterns favor attacking and killing their victims by ripping their hearts out, the Red Lanterns can survive the attack for as long as their wrath burns bright.
○ Construct Transference: It has been said by Atrocitus that Should a Red Lantern consume the blood of another Red Lantern who has learned to create energy constructs, they too will gain the ability to create them.
○ Alien Physiology: Explanation/Details
○ Superhuman Strength: Explanation/Details
○ Superhuman Durability:Explanation/Details
○ Magic: Using blood magic, he is able to call upon the necromancy powers formally used by the Empire of Tears and later the Five Inversions. This magic is steeped in ancient and complex rituals.
○ Precognition: By using blood rituals, he is capable of opening himself to discern the future. General prophecy is easier to ascertain than specific knowledge. He and other inversions were able to foretell the Blackest Night prophecy and determine the beginning of the fall of Sinestro from the Green Lantern Corps. But when he was upon Earth looking for William Hand, he had to enact a blood ritual to discern specific details of his whereabouts.
○ Boundless Rage: Over countless millennia of imprisonment, Atrocitus has developed a tremendous rage and hatred for his jailers, the Guardians of the Universe and their Green Lantern Corps.
○ Occultism: Explanation/Details
○ Ritualism: This encompasses all of the miscellaneous rituals that Atrocitus can perform through his magic. An example would be the ritual that allows user of the Red Power to avoid uncontrollable rage.
○ Life-Support: As the Red Power Ring assumes the functions of the heart, a Red Lantern cannot remove his ring without risking death.
○ Emotion Dependency: As with all Power Rings should the user's feelings fall too far out of sink with the Ring's affiliated emotion(in this case anger), then the Ring's effectiveness can drop significantly.
○ Hope Influence: The Blue light of hope can extinguish the red flame and depower a Red Lantern.
○ Love Influence: Love can be fatal to a red lantern. Being the opposite of anger, any Red Lantern who feels love for another being will immediately be rejected by their ring and die without its life support.