All right. I have a challenge for you guys. Create a game based on Legend of Zelda, but with Led Zeppelin!
Requirements for Legend of Zeppelin Challenge:
1. Must be based on a Zelda game (Any game*)
2. Must be recognizable as a Zelda game. Remember, you're simply taking the plot and tweaking a few things!
3. Simple references to the band do not count. However, if you wish to create an alternate game that has toned down the role of Led Zeppelin in your game, feel free.
4. Plaigarism (Yeah. Probably misspelled that.) is looked down upon. Call it irony, considering the band has been said to do that, but this is supposed to be mostly original content. I say mostly because Legend of Zelda and Led Zeppelin aren't yours.
5. No screamer pranks or extreme violence. Say it's allowed because this is an adult site, but listen. This is supposed to be fun. I personally don't find it funny to take joy in another's suffering unless it involves locking an angry grandfather in a room with Nyan Cat or a CERTAIN SISTER WHOSE NAME INVOLVES DEATH AND FRUIT and Led Zeppelin. Or Rose of Versailles. Muahaha... anyways, this contest is supposed to just be a general audiences thing. I can hear some whiny retarded snobbish snarky gamers saying "She wants it kid appropriate? Well, it ruins the series." The games themselves aren't really for any age group. I've met 50-year-olds who play Skyward Sword until they've got blisters and 18-year-olds who do the same thing. When I was ten, there were obviously kids playing those games, as well as some completely uninterested. So either make sure they aren't nightmare filled gorefests or get out. If choose the second option, bye!
6. Make them a little challenging.
7. If you find glitches, don't fix them unless they'll break the game. It's fun to find glitches.
8. If you work with someone on it, give them credit unless they ask not to be credited.
1. Navi or related characters must be in the game if it's based on Ocarina of Time. Don't kill her off, either. In my opinion, she's a little useful. Better than Tails. However, you can make them less annoying. Navi, even if she is useful, is still a bit annoying. But no killing her. We'll be better off without Tingle though. Please, no Tingle.
2. Yes, you can keep the awkward kid in the intro.
3. The title doesn't have to be Legend of Zeppelin. I was thinking of calling it Morgana's Mask, actually. (No offense towards Morgana Welch)
4. Led Zeppelin's music is not required in game. It'd be cool, but it isn't required.
5. You can choose any game on any console. It's up to you on whether you'd have (I'm using Robert as an example in place of Link) Robert running around beating up some form of blue pig thing or defeating some bug woman named Veran on a Game Boy. Or you could have him trudge through school and some guy named Fonzie Groose while battling with a flamboyant androgynous guy named David Bowie? Jareth? *Shot* Ghirahim who wears white lip gloss for some reason I'M JUST A SWEET TRANSVESTITE~*Blam*.
6. You can have anyone for the roles. In my opinion, you should have John Paul Jones as LInk if your game is based on the first two games or Twilight Princess. Which means
Robert Plant: Link
Jimmy Page: Dark Link (?)
John Paul Jones: I don't know. Nabooru? *Oh My God why won't you die!!!??* Ruto?
John Bonham: (Please don't shoot me for this. And no offense intended to John Bonham) Deku Tree, perhaps?
If you do Wind Waker, you could do the something different from what I'm about to suggest.
John Paul Jones: Link (Yes, he isn't blond. I can't use Robert because...)
Robert Plant: Tetra
Jimmy Page: Niko
John Bonham: I have no freaking clue I haven't played this game in so long.
So do whatever you want for roles. For all I care, Jones could be Ganondorf, Bonham would be Link, Jimmy would be Zelda, Robert could be Nabooru, etc. Just do this.
Though I admit, Jones-chan would be absolutely adorable as Zelda... *DieDieDie*
7. Have fun!
Now, I must breakout my GameCube and replay Wind Waker. See you guys tomorrow.
*Yes, even the Unholy Triforce.
Unholy Triforce (You should be able to pronounce this): n. Name for the atrocious Phillips CD-i games.
But if you include Ben Drowned I will hunt you down, cut you up, and give you to wild dogs! Or just lock you in a room with Nyan Cat. Even better, duct tape your mouth, lock your face, and stick you into a fish tank. So no creepypasta. In short, you do creepypasta, I kill you with your own thumb. There, more specific than earlier. Okay?
· Wed Jun 12, 2013 @ 03:35am · 0 Comments