Well I've pretty much accepted that all I ever want to talk about in my journal anymore is either video games, or RP stuff that you already know. So today, I have a quiz on the fighting genre of video games.
* By definition I'm talking about the games with health bars, K.O.s, Round 2's, etc. This is not to be confused with the Beat-'Em-Up genre (Final Fight, Streets of Rage, Simpsons arcade game, etc.)
* any Smash Bros. game and Power Stone games count.
1. What was the first fighting game you ever played?
2. What was the worst fighting game you ever played?
3. List your most annoying final boss in a fighting game and explain why.
4. What type of fighting game do you prefer? Strike-based (Tekken, Soul Calibur, etc.) or Combo-based (Guilty Gear, Marvel vs. Capcom, etc.)?
5. What type of player are you? Aggressive/offensive or defensive/tactical?
6. What type of characters do you tend to use? Do you go for the easy characters and stick with them, go for the character you like the best, go for the coolest/most unique style, or random?
7. Do you have an all-time favorite character in any fighting game? If so, why?
8. If they make another Super Smash Bros. game, what 1 additional character would you like in it?
9. Why do you like fighting games?
10. Hadouken or Falcon Punch?
11. What's your personal favorite controller for fighting games?
12. Ever play a fighting game at an arcade?
13. What do you consider "cheap" moves?
14. Did anyone else find it stupid that Heihachi from Tekken was the console-exclusive character for Soul Calibur II?
15. Do you have a question for me relating to fighting games? I'll answer it in a follow up comment.
· Sun Jul 12, 2009 @ 08:01am · 3 Comments