- Seraphim: These are the angels who are closest to God. They encircle his throne and emit an intense fiery light representing his love. Seraphim are considered "fiery serpents". Unlike other angels they have 6 wings and more power. When they come to Earth, they leave their serpent appearance behind, preferring tall, thin, clean-cut human embodiments.
- Cherubim: These angels are the keepers of celestial records and hold the knowledge of God. They are sent to Earth with great tasks, such as expelling humankind from the Garden of Eden. These are the younger looking of the group and though are very wise appear in only their early twenties and teens, not the fat babies with wings that now grace greeting cards and book covers. Ophaniel, Rikbiel, and Zophiel are cherubim, as was Satan before his fall to evil.
- Thrones: Thrones' appearance is perhaps the most bizarre of the first grouping. They are said to look like great glowing wheels covered with many eyes. They serve as God's chariot and dispense his judgment in order to carry out his desires for us. The angels in the second choir can exist in a state of transition between the celestial and human worlds. They are considered heavenly governors, attempting to strike a balance between matter and spirit, good and bad. Their appearance on earth however is completely different and will take them a bit to get used to having human limbs.
- Dominions or Dominations: Think of dominions as middle management. They receive orders from seraphim and cherubim, then dish out duties to the "worker bee" angels of the lower orders.
- Guardians: They are the true intermediaries between God and individual people. Angels don't watch over nations; they safeguard households and individuals who believe in God and keep them safe from demons. They nurture, counsel, and heal. We all have a "personal angel," better known as our guardian angel, with us daily.(One of the Human survivors or Exorcists).If this is your class of choice just tag the characters name with it (Ex. Guardian - Name)
- Principalities: These angelic beings are shaped like rays of light. Just like a principal in school, it's the principalities who oversee everything. They guide our entire world -- nations, cities, and towns. What's more, they are in charge of religion and politics. As if their plate isn't full enough, they are also in charge of managing the earthly duties of the angels below them.
[b]Angel Appearance:[/b] (Choose either demon or human disguise as your image and give the other picture as a link)
[b]Name:[/b] (Give the full name if your angel has one. Add nicknames or most common call name if you wish)
[b]Age:[/b] (Apparent age, followed by real age)
[b]Alignment:[/b] (For these roles you may only be good unless you manage to sway me with a reason)
[b]Angel Type:[/b] (See angel type and give a short description, perhaps even job)
[b]Biography[/b]: (Two to three paragraphs. We don't really want to know the details of how so-and-so died, just a brief one that covers most aspects of history.)
[b]Personality:[/b] (One to two paragraphs. Be sensible when trying to be ironic. I don't want to see a list of ten opposites. 'He is evil but caring once you get to know him' is pathetically overused. You -can- have a character like that, but try to be more artistic in describing please?)
[b]Fighting style:[/b] (When provoked how does your character respond to the threat? Does he immediately seek to kill, or find out the threat's purpose, or defensive style, etc. You may include how your character uses weapons here.)
[b]Height/weight:[/b] (Give a height. As for weight I prefer something that relates to light, moderate and heavy after taking the height into account. Spare the people who cannot do math the headache please?)
[b]Meelee weapon:[/b] (Weapon, followed by skill level and availability, and further description if necessary) eg. Dragonhide Whip (beginner/ apprentice/ amateur /expert, on hand/home [which means that it might be left at home and is only used selectively])
[b]Ranged weapon:[/b] (Same as above. This is used to hit people outside of your immediate reach although they may be used in meelee as well.)
[b]Relations:[/b] (Family, or close friends or commander)
[b]Other:[/b] (Any additional tidbits that makes your character tasty?)
Where To Start
As an angelic figure you have been giving the task of restoring the earth and all the good in it. Your goal only changes if you are a Guardian and are sent to protect your human. You will appear from the sky with the rain and be a sphere of blue and white. You will only be at 50% power when you reach the earth and it is up to your character to defend themselves, find clothes, find shelter, and everything else. The humans will more than likely welcome you with open arms so you may rely on most of them.
· Fri Feb 06, 2009 @ 10:03am · 0 Comments