About Gaia, Interactive, Inc.
Founded in 2003 by a few comic book fans in a garage, Gaia Online has become the fastest-growing hangout on the web. Millions of teens come to Gaia every month to play games, make friends, and participate in the world's most active online community.
Gaia provides a fun, social environment that inspires individuality and creativity. With everything from art contests and poetry forums to fully customizable profiles and digital characters, Gaia is a place where teens can create their own space and express their individual style.
- Online Hangout: Millions of teens spend hours a day on Gaia, exploring, chatting and just hanging out. Whether they're posting on our forums, participating in special events, or playing our multiplayer mini-games, there's always something fun to do.
- Endless Customization: Gaia revolves around creative customization. Every member can create their own virtual character and dress it up with over five thousand items: clothes, accessories, pets, masks and just about anything else imaginable.
- Thriving Community: Gaia Online boasts one of the most active forum communities in the world with over one billion posts to date. Members can chat in our online games, post messages on our forums, or send each other private messages.
- Gaia Gold Marketplace: Gaia Online is free to join, and members earn free Gaia Gold for everything they do on the site- posting, playing games, or just hanging out. Members can buy thousands of items in our virtual stores, or they can set up their own shops. Our virtual auction house lets members buy, sell and trade their items-- over 50,000 auctions are completed every day!
- Fun and Games: Members can interact, have fun, and earn Gaia Gold with our quick and casual online games. They can also go head-to-head in our Avatar Arena to see who can make the coolest virtual outfit, or test their talents in the Art Arena, where thousands of members vote on the best original artwork.
- More than three hundred thousand members log in to Gaia every day, and those members spend an average of two hours on the site daily. That means that over seventy years are spent browsing Gaia every single day! Since there are only 24 hours in a day, this will probably break the space-time continuum and destroy the universe.
- Nearly two million unique visitors log in to Gaia every month. If we assume that each of those visitors were a quarter of a mile tall, they would stretch to the moon and back! While many of our members are well under a quarter of a mile tall, we must entertain the possibility that some members may be many, many miles tall, significantly raising the average.
- There are over ONE BILLION posts on Gaia's forums. If each post could be melted down into a single teaspoon of pudding (and we're pretty sure this is possible), enough pudding would be generated to coat the Empire State Building one thousand times!
- Over 190 million "Gaia Gold" is exchanged every day in our virtual economy. If each Gaia Gold Piece represented one dollar, that would be over 190 million dollars, which is an utterly fantastic amount of money. Okay, we admit that this one was pretty lazy...
Members who have questions or concerns about their accounts or wish to provide feedback about the site can reach us through our "Contact Us" page.
Sales inquiries can be sent to email@example.com.
Please send media/PR inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For employment opportunities at Gaia Online, please contact email@example.com.