Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Back to Guilds

Reply Debate and Discussion
Ask a Wiccan Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Submit

Are you familiar with the beliefs of Wicca?
Yes
46%
 46%  [ 23 ]
No
16%
 16%  [ 8 ]
A little bit
38%
 38%  [ 19 ]
Other
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 50

divineseraph

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:21 am
TN_Lark Wrote:
Quote:

I wasn't implying that a physical equation could determine everything... I was giving the real implication scientific backing. The point was, science says that the universe started from one point. One. A singular entity. See where I'm going with this?

I will agree with you that current science suggests that the Universe came into being from a single point/event, the Big Bang. But I do not agree that that single event means that a single entity was responsible for it. I see the Creators as having existed prior to the creation of the Universe. Where you see that Creator as Yaweh, I see the Universe as the child of the relationship between the Gods. My Gods were not created by the event which made the Universe, they are what caused that event to happen.

You also see your Deity as having created the Universe, but being apart from it. I see my Deities as having both created the Universe and also being present within their creation.

-Lark-

I feel that God is present, if not active. The prima materia was Soulstuff, which is the same subtle thing as the soul, obviously, and God. And since it radiated from the original point, it seems logical to assume that it is an extension, or at least diffused from, the creative entity.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:56 pm
Next question:
What if you're wrong and God is THE GOD and you end up going to hell? There's no turning back after that point...Is there no small voice in the back of your head that says, "Maybe the Bible is right, and what I'm doing here may be wrong?"  

ferret658

xLady Tsukiyox

3,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:42 am
ferret658 Wrote:
Next question:
What if you're wrong and God is THE GOD and you end up going to hell? There's no turning back after that point...Is there no small voice in the back of your head that says, "Maybe the Bible is right, and what I'm doing here may be wrong?"
There really isn't. If there's a hell then many of us would feel comfortable going to hell. Because our vision of heaven could be your hell. :3  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:43 am
-Tsukiyo-Moon Maiden Wrote:
ferret658 Wrote:
Next question:
There really isn't. If there's a hell then many of us would feel comfortable going to hell. Because our vision of heaven could be your hell. :3

That's scary...  

ferret658

xLady Tsukiyox

3,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:58 am
ferret658 Wrote:
ferret658 Wrote:
Next question:

That's scary...
It's based on what you perceive to be heaven or a hell. For Wiccans "heaven" is a period of time where you go back over the lessons you learned in your previous life before moving onto your next life.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:40 pm
Here's a useful explanation from gotquestions.org I found on the subject :

Quote:
Wicca is a neo-pagan religion that has been growing in popularity and acceptance in the United States and Europe. There are many websites and books claiming to teach “real” Wicca, but the truth is, there is no consensus amongst Wiccans as to what the religion is all about. The reason for this is that Wicca, as it is practiced now, is only about 50 years old. Wicca is a belief system that Briton Gerald Gardner cobbled together in the 1940’s and 1950’s from a variety of religious traditions and beliefs as well as Freemason rituals. Since Gardner published several books espousing his system of worship, many offshoots and variations of Wicca have sprung up. Some Wiccans are polytheistic, worshipping more than one deity, while others worship only the “God” or the “Goddess.” Still other Wiccans worship nature, and call it Gaea, after the Greek earth goddess. Some Wiccans pick and choose parts of Christian doctrine to embrace, while others totally reject Christianity. Most practitioners of Wicca believe in reincarnation.

Most Wiccans will vehemently deny that Satan is part of their pantheon, citing major doctrinal differences between themselves and Satanists. Wiccans generally promote moral relativity, disdaining labels like “good” and “evil” and “right” or “wrong.” Wicca has one law or rule, called the Rede: “Do what ye will, harm ye none.” At first blush, the Rede seems like complete, uninhibited personal license. You can do whatever you want, as long as no one gets hurt; however, Wiccans are quick to point out the ripple effect of one’s actions can carry far-reaching consequences. They articulate this principle in the Three-fold Law, which says: "All good that a person does to another returns three-fold in this life; harm is also returned three-fold."

One major factor that contributes to the abiding fascination with Wicca is the purported use of spells and Magick (a deliberate misspelling intended to separate Wiccans from magicians and illusionists). Curiosity seekers, as well as spiritual neophytes, are most eager to delve into these mysteries. Not all Wiccans practice witchcraft, but those that do claim Magick is to them what prayer is to a Christian. The difference between the two is that Wiccans claim magick is simply using their minds to control matter, or they are appealing to their favorite deity to do them a favor, while Christians call upon an omnipotent, omnipresent God to heal people and to intervene and work in their lives. Because the Rede disallows witches from hurting others and the Three-fold Law spells out the consequences for Rede-breakers, witches who practice magick prefer to call themselves “nature witches” or “white witches” to further distance themselves from Satanists.

Wicca is basically a religion that is about minding your own business and living peaceably with your neighbors and environment. Wiccans are eager to draw parallels between themselves and biblical Christianity for the sake of earning credibility, but what does the Bible have to say about this religion? You won’t find the word “wicca” in the Bible, so let’s evaluate the beliefs in light of what God says about them.

Wicca spells are idolism—Romans 1:25 says, “They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshipped and served created things, rather than the Creator…” Who wants to settle for second best? In Isaiah 40, God paints a picture of how much greater the Creator is than His creation. If you are worshipping anything besides the Creator, you are not only spinning your wheels, you are guilty of idolatry.

Wiccan spells bring false hope. Hebrews 9:27 says, “…Man is destined to die once, after that, to face judgment.” God says we get one chance at life, and that is it. There are no do-overs. If we don’t accept God’s gift of Jesus in our lifetime, He judges us as unwilling to be in His presence, and we are sent to hell.

Wiccan spells bring disillusionment. Mark 7:8 says, “You have let go of the commands of God and are holding on to the traditions of men.” God is God, and we are not. We have a decision to make. Are we going to take God at His word and adopt His worldview, or are we not? Knowing God takes a lot of discipline. Wicca is a religion that takes a pack of lies, ties it in a romantic ribbon, and searches out a well-intentioned, but lazy and gullible mark to sell its hollow doctrines.

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 says, “Let no one be found among you who… practices divination or sorcery, interprets omens, engages in witchcraft, or casts spells…Anyone who does these things is detestable to the LORD...” Wicca witchcraft is a sin and God hates it. Why? Because it is an attempt to cut off our dependence on God and get answers apart from Him.

Sin isn’t just a heinous, socially disagreeable action. Sin is our decision to disagree with God on any topic—to rebel against Him. Sin is saying, “God, I want to live my life my way.” Romans 3:23 says, “For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.” Romans 6:23 says, “For the wages of sin is death…” This isn’t bodily death, this is spiritual death: eternal separation from God and all the blessings that His presence brings. This is the definition of hell: the absence of God’s presence. That is what our sin gains for us.

Thankfully, Romans 6:23 doesn’t end there. It goes on to say, “…but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.” God knew that we would all rebel in one way or another, and he provided a way for us to avoid that separation—through faith in Jesus Christ. Wicca witchcraft is nothing more than another lie from Satan, the enemy of our souls, who “prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour” (1 Peter 5:8 ).

Crimson Raccoon

xLady Tsukiyox

3,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:00 pm
Crimson Raccoon Wrote:
Here's a useful explanation from gotquestions.org I found on the subject :

Quote:
Wicca is a neo-pagan religion that has been growing in popularity and acceptance in the United States and Europe. There are many websites and books claiming to teach “real” Wicca, but the truth is, there is no consensus amongst Wiccans as to what the religion is all about. The reason for this is that Wicca, as it is practiced now, is only about 50 years old. Wicca is a belief system that Briton Gerald Gardner cobbled together in the 1940’s and 1950’s from a variety of religious traditions and beliefs as well as Freemason rituals. Since Gardner published several books espousing his system of worship, many offshoots and variations of Wicca have sprung up. Some Wiccans are polytheistic, worshipping more than one deity, while others worship only the “God” or the “Goddess.” Still other Wiccans worship nature, and call it Gaea, after the Greek earth goddess. Some Wiccans pick and choose parts of Christian doctrine to embrace, while others totally reject Christianity. Most practitioners of Wicca believe in reincarnation.

Most Wiccans will vehemently deny that Satan is part of their pantheon, citing major doctrinal differences between themselves and Satanists. Wiccans generally promote moral relativity, disdaining labels like “good” and “evil” and “right” or “wrong.” Wicca has one law or rule, called the Rede: “Do what ye will, harm ye none.” At first blush, the Rede seems like complete, uninhibited personal license. You can do whatever you want, as long as no one gets hurt; however, Wiccans are quick to point out the ripple effect of one’s actions can carry far-reaching consequences. They articulate this principle in the Three-fold Law, which says: "All good that a person does to another returns three-fold in this life; harm is also returned three-fold."

One major factor that contributes to the abiding fascination with Wicca is the purported use of spells and Magick (a deliberate misspelling intended to separate Wiccans from magicians and illusionists). Curiosity seekers, as well as spiritual neophytes, are most eager to delve into these mysteries. Not all Wiccans practice witchcraft, but those that do claim Magick is to them what prayer is to a Christian. The difference between the two is that Wiccans claim magick is simply using their minds to control matter, or they are appealing to their favorite deity to do them a favor, while Christians call upon an omnipotent, omnipresent God to heal people and to intervene and work in their lives. Because the Rede disallows witches from hurting others and the Three-fold Law spells out the consequences for Rede-breakers, witches who practice magick prefer to call themselves “nature witches” or “white witches” to further distance themselves from Satanists.

Wicca is basically a religion that is about minding your own business and living peaceably with your neighbors and environment. Wiccans are eager to draw parallels between themselves and biblical Christianity for the sake of earning credibility, but what does the Bible have to say about this religion? You won’t find the word “wicca” in the Bible, so let’s evaluate the beliefs in light of what God says about them.

Wicca spells are idolism—Romans 1:25 says, “They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshipped and served created things, rather than the Creator…” Who wants to settle for second best? In Isaiah 40, God paints a picture of how much greater the Creator is than His creation. If you are worshipping anything besides the Creator, you are not only spinning your wheels, you are guilty of idolatry.

Wiccan spells bring false hope. Hebrews 9:27 says, “…Man is destined to die once, after that, to face judgment.” God says we get one chance at life, and that is it. There are no do-overs. If we don’t accept God’s gift of Jesus in our lifetime, He judges us as unwilling to be in His presence, and we are sent to hell.

Wiccan spells bring disillusionment. Mark 7:8 says, “You have let go of the commands of God and are holding on to the traditions of men.” God is God, and we are not. We have a decision to make. Are we going to take God at His word and adopt His worldview, or are we not? Knowing God takes a lot of discipline. Wicca is a religion that takes a pack of lies, ties it in a romantic ribbon, and searches out a well-intentioned, but lazy and gullible mark to sell its hollow doctrines.

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 says, “Let no one be found among you who… practices divination or sorcery, interprets omens, engages in witchcraft, or casts spells…Anyone who does these things is detestable to the LORD...” Wicca witchcraft is a sin and God hates it. Why? Because it is an attempt to cut off our dependence on God and get answers apart from Him.

Sin isn’t just a heinous, socially disagreeable action. Sin is our decision to disagree with God on any topic—to rebel against Him. Sin is saying, “God, I want to live my life my way.” Romans 3:23 says, “For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.” Romans 6:23 says, “For the wages of sin is death…” This isn’t bodily death, this is spiritual death: eternal separation from God and all the blessings that His presence brings. This is the definition of hell: the absence of God’s presence. That is what our sin gains for us.

Thankfully, Romans 6:23 doesn’t end there. It goes on to say, “…but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.” God knew that we would all rebel in one way or another, and he provided a way for us to avoid that separation—through faith in Jesus Christ. Wicca witchcraft is nothing more than another lie from Satan, the enemy of our souls, who “prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour” (1 Peter 5:8 ).
And all of that is wrong concerning Wicca. :3

1. You must be 18 to join be a Wiccan. And you have to go through an initiation. Your HP or HPS must be able to trace their initate lineage back to Gardner.
2. Wicca is a fertility cult. It has sexual rituals and initation rituals. :3 It is not appropriate for 13 year olds.
3. Wicca is ditheitstic. They believe in the Lord and Lady of the Isles.
4.Wicca is oathbound.
5. The word witchcraft never appeared in the original language. The word came in to replace the word poisoner. :3
6.The Wiccan Rede is not law, it is advice. The Adrane are the law. http://www.everythingunderthemoon.net/wiccan-laws.htm
7. The three fold law is bullshit. True Wiccans don't follow it. It was created by the likes of Silver Ravenwolf not Gerald Gardner.
8. Magick is used by Thelemites. Who are a different type of pagans. Thelemite was created by Alesiter Crowely. The magick is ceremonial magic. It is not used by Wiccans. That's magic. :3 There is a difference.
9. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thelema
10. There are 3 traditions that are true Wicca, Gardenian, Alexandrian, and Central Valley. There is no eclectic Wicca. There is no Dianic Wicca. Frostian or Celtic Wicca is full of child molesters.
11. Not all Witches are Wiccan and not all Wiccans are Witches. In other words not all Wiccans practice Witchcraft.
12. There is no white Wicca. Many of the rituals are sexual and physical in nature. How can beating the Lady be peaceful? smilies/icon_neutral.gif

It seems that you and your source like many other Christian sources out there are uneducated on the subject of Wicca. Stop using sources that come from the likes of Silver Ravenwolf and Cunningham. However I have three things that will help you out. :3

Wicca FAQ

Scorplett's Reading List Wrote:
My Suggested Reading list

WICCA ORIENTED AND BY REAL WICCAN AUTHORS
The Alex Sanders Lectures – Alex Sanders
Witchcraft Today – Gerald Gardner
The Meaning of Witchcraft – Gerald Gardner
A Witches Bible (or ‘What Witches Do and Eight Sabbat’s for Witches) – Stewart Farrar
Wicca- The Old in the New Age – Vivienne Crowley
Charge of the Goddess - Doreen Valiente
Circle of Fire – Sorita D'Este
Lid off the Cauldron – Patricia Crowther
Rebirth of Witchcraft – Doreen Valiente
Dancing with Witches – Lois Bourne
Religion Without Beliefs – Fred Lammond

NEO-PAGANISM AND ECLECTIC WITCHCRAFT
Witchcraft for Tomorrow – Doreen Valiente
Witchcrafting – Phillis Currot
Elements of Ritual – Deborah Lipp
Spiral Dance – Starhawk
Drawing Down the Moon – Margot Adler
Magical Rites from the Crystal Well - Ed Fitch
Coven Craft: Witchcraft for Three or More - Amber K
Ethics and the Craft - John J. Coughlin
The Truth About Witchcraft - Hanz Holzer
The Paganism Reader - Chas Clifton

TRADITIONAL WITCHCRAFT
Mastering Witchcraft – Paul Huson
Conversations with a Witch – Lois Bourne
The Forge of Tubal Cain - Ann Finnin
The Crooked Path Journal (Various Contributors)
Hedge Rider - Eric de Vries
Sorgitzak: Old Forest Craft - Veronica Cummer

ACADEMIC HISTORIES OF WICCA AND WITCHCRAFT
Triumph of The Moon – Ronald Hutton
Wiccan Roots: Gerald Gardner and the Modern Witchcraft Revival (also as: Gerald Gardner and the Cauldron of Inspiration: An Investigation into the Sources of Gardnerian Witchcraft)– Philip Heselton
Her Hidden Children: The Rise of Wicca And Paganism in America - Chas S. Clifton
The Pickengill Papers-The Origin of the Gardnerian Craft - W.E. Liddell
WITCHCRAFT AND MAGIC IN EUROPE: (a 6 Volume series), edited by Bengt Ankarloo and Stuart Clark
Vol 1 Biblical and Pagan Societies
Vol 2 Ancient Greece and Rome
Vol 3 The Middle Ages
Vol 4 The Period of the Witch Trials
Vol 5 The 18th & 19th Centuries
Vol 6 The 20th Century
Early Modern Witches: Witchcraft Cases in Contemporary Writing Edited by Marion Gibson

HISTORICAL WITCHCRAFT TEXTS
Malleaus Mallifacarum
The White Goddess – Graves
The new Golden Bough – Frazer
Aradia: Gospel of the Witches – Leyland
A Witchcult in Western Europe – Murray

REFERANCE TEXTS
ABC of Witchcraft – Doreen Valiente
The Witches God – Farrar
The Witches Goddess – Farrar
Spells to Change Your Life - Lois Bourne
Spells and how they work – Farrar

PSYCHOLOGY TEXTS (i.e Lots of Jung!)
Man and His Symbols – Carl Jung
The Undiscovered Self - Carl G. Jung
The Archetypes and The Collective Unconscious - Carl G. Jung
Synchronicity: An Acausal Connecting Principle - Carl G. Jung
The Undiscovered Self - Carl G. Jung
Psychology and Religion (The Terry Lectures Series) - Carl G. Jung

BIOGRAPHIES
King of the Witches – June Johns
Fire Child: The Life & Magic of Maxine Sanders 'Witch Queen' - Maxine Sanders
Fifty Years of Wicca – Frederic Lammond
Diary of a Witch - Sybil Leek
Gerald Gardner: Witch - Jack L Bracelin
High Priestess – Patricia Crowther
Witch Amongst Us – Lois Bourne
Witches Speak – Aronld and Patricia Crowther [RARE BOOK]

CEREMONIAL MAGICK AND OCCULT/MYSTICISM TEXTS
Magick in theory and practice – Crowley
The Kabbalah unveiled – Mathers
The Tree of Life: An Illustrated Study in Magic - Israel Regardie
The Training & Work of an Initiate - Dion Fortune

FICTION
Sea Priestess - Dion Fortune
High Magic’s Aid – Scire (Gerald Gardner)
Witches Were For Hanging (Paperback) FICTION – Patricia Crowther

OPEN SOURCE
There are a fair few books that are available open source if you don't mind reading off a computer screen! Some of them might be a little heavy going for the beginner, but they are all classic texts on Wicca and Witchcraft

The Golden Bough
by Sir James George Frazer
http://www.sacred-texts.com/pag/frazer/index.htm

The Witch-Cult in Western Europe
by Margaret Alice Murray
http://www.sacred-texts.com/pag/wcwe/index.htm

Aradia; Gospel of the Witches
by Charles G. Leland
http://www.sacred-texts.com/pag/aradia/index.htm

Etruscan Roman Remains in Popular Tradition
by Charles Godfrey Leland
http://www.sacred-texts.com/pag/err/index.htm

Letters on Demonology and Witchcraft
by Sir Walter Scott
http://www.sacred-texts.com/pag/scott/index.htm

The Sorceress (La Sorcière) by Jules Michelet
translation by Afred Richard Allinson
http://www.sacred-texts.com/pag/sor/index.htm

Witchcraft Today (PDF) - by Gerald Gardner
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/wisewoman/WiccaWitchcraftToday.pdf

The Meaning of Witchcraft - Gerald Gardner
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/wisewoman/TheMeaningofWitchcraft.doc

High Magics Aid - A 'fictional' book by Gerald Gardner
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/wisewoman/HighMagicsAid.doc

Gerald Gardner: Witch - attributed to Jack Bracelin but actually written by Idries Shah http://homepage.ntlworld.com/wisewoman/GeraldGardnerWitch[1].rtf

God of the Witches (PDF) - by Dr Margaret Murray,
http://www.thewica.co.uk/godwitch.pdf

The following are some rare and out of print books by the Crowthers.

The Secrets of Ancient Witchcraft With the Witches Tarot by Arnold Crowther (Hardcover - Jun 1974)

Witchcraft in Yorkshire by Patricia Crowther (Unknown Binding - 1973)

From Stagecraft to Witchcraft: The Early Years of a High Priestess by Patricia Crowther

The Zodiac Experience: Initiation Through the Twelve Signs – Patricia Crowther

Is Wicca a Sex Religion?[/quote]  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:24 pm

1. You must be 18 to join be a Wiccan. And you have to go through an initiation. Your HP or HPS must be able to trace their initate lineage back to Gardner.
2. Wicca is a fertility cult. It has sexual rituals and initation rituals. :3 It is not appropriate for 13 year olds.
4.Wicca is oathbound.
5. The word witchcraft never appeared in the original language. The word came in to replace the word poisoner. :3
6.The Wiccan Rede is not law, it is advice. The Adrane are the law. http://www.everythingunderthemoon.net/wiccan-laws.htm
7. The three fold law is bullshit. True Wiccans don't follow it. It was created by the likes of Silver Ravenwolf not Gerald Gardner.
8. Magick is used by Thelemites. Who are a different type of pagans. Thelemite was created by Alesiter Crowely. The magick is ceremonial magic. It is not used by Wiccans. That's magic. :3 There is a difference.
10. There are 3 traditions that are true Wicca, Gardenian, Alexandrian, and Central Valley. There is no eclectic Wicca. There is no Dianic Wicca. Frostian or Celtic Wicca is full of child molesters.
11. Not all Witches are Wiccan and not all Wiccans are Witches. In other words not all Wiccans practice Witchcraft.
12. There is no white Wicca. Many of the rituals are sexual and physical in nature. How can beating the Lady be peaceful? smilies/icon_neutral.gif

It seems that you and your source like many other Christian sources out there are uneducated on the subject of Wicca. Stop using sources that come from the likes of Silver Ravenwolf and Cunningham. However I have three things that will help you out. :3

I'm confused by your post. You say everything in the source I posted is wrong, and list 12 facts. But half of the points you listed don't even disagree with anything in the article I posted... Some of your points do, but a lot of them don't. And for the ones that do disagree, that's most due to the fact that there are different versions of Wicca that are practiced, and they don't all agree with each other how it should be practiced (as the article I posted mentioned). The article never said all Wiccans considered themselves witches anyway, it said some.

Other articles I've read are in agreement with the article I posted. The wikipedia article on Wicca, for example, does not have any obvious contradictions to it that I noticed. It verifies the use of the terms "white magic" by some, as well as the Three-fold Law. It also provides citation for these points.

Virtually every objective source of information on the subject of Wicca I found said that there is a lot of disagreement and dispute over what the "real" Wicca is. The point is, there are numerous different versions of it, there's no "official" version, and the article I posted acknowledged that fact and gave a brief overview of pretty much everything a Christian would generally need to know about it.  

Crimson Raccoon

xLady Tsukiyox

3,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:30 am
Crimson Raccoon Wrote:

4.Wicca is oathbound.

I'm confused by your post. You say everything in the source I posted is wrong, and list 12 facts. But half of the points you listed don't even disagree with anything in the article I posted... Some of your points do, but a lot of them don't. And for the ones that do disagree, that's most due to the fact that there are different versions of Wicca that are practiced, and they don't all agree with each other how it should be practiced (as the article I posted mentioned). The article never said all Wiccans considered themselves witches anyway, it said some.

Other articles I've read are in agreement with the article I posted. The wikipedia article on Wicca, for example, does not have any obvious contradictions to it that I noticed. It verifies the use of the terms "white magic" by some, as well as the Three-fold Law. It also provides citation for these points.

Virtually every objective source of information on the subject of Wicca I found said that there is a lot of disagreement and dispute over what the "real" Wicca is. The point is, there are numerous different versions of it, there's no "official" version, and the article I posted acknowledged that fact and gave a brief overview of pretty much everything a Christian would generally need to know about it.
It's because of the likes of Silver Ravenwolf. The true version of Wicca is written in Gardener's books and Doreen's books. :3  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:57 am
Seeing as how Lark hasn't been on in a while, I'll step in and answer any and all questions you have regarding Wicca to the best of my abilities. :3  

xLady Tsukiyox

3,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

divineseraph

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:38 pm
ferret658 Wrote:
Next question:

I think that's rather illogical for you to argue. Hell is described as suffering, eternally. I don't think it gets any more specific than that, but it's clear that it's not a good place. Regardless of what you like. It's not like "They only serve vegan meals!" "Oh, sweet, I'm vegan! I'd love it!"

This said, I don't think the bible is the way to Heaven. I think being a decent person, regardless of your prophetic affiliation, is the important part. Of course, to reiterate, your argument is still flawed even if I think you would likely get to Heaven.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:43 pm
divineseraph Wrote:
ferret658 Wrote:
Next question:

I think that's rather illogical for you to argue. Hell is described as suffering, eternally. I don't think it gets any more specific than that, but it's clear that it's not a good place. Regardless of what you like. It's not like "They only serve vegan meals!" "Oh, sweet, I'm vegan! I'd love it!"

This said, I don't think the bible is the way to Heaven. I think being a decent person, regardless of your prophetic affiliation, is the important part. Of course, to reiterate, your argument is still flawed even if I think you would likely get to Heaven.
-shrugs- I'm just saying that the vision of what heaven and hell are like is merely subjective. The concept of both changes within religion.

That's the nicest thing you've said since I first met you...o.o are you feeling okay?  

xLady Tsukiyox

3,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

TN_Lark

150 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:00 am
ferret658 Wrote:
Next question:

Personally I believe and have faith that there are many Gods and Goddesses rather than one single God. I also believe that the concept of Hell was created by the Church in order to have a threat to keep its followers in line. (Jewish beliefs from which Christianity is derived do not include a concept of Hell as Christians view it.)

If Hell does exist, then it is a form of punishment for those who believe in the Christian God but reject his laws and teachings. Since Wiccans do not follow the Christian God then Hell does not apply to them.

-Lark-  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:23 am
TN_Lark Wrote:
ferret658 Wrote:
Next question:

Personally I believe and have faith that there are many Gods and Goddesses rather than one single God. I also believe that the concept of Hell was created by the Church in order to have a threat to keep its followers in line. (Jewish beliefs from which Christianity is derived do not include a concept of Hell as Christians view it.)

If Hell does exist, then it is a form of punishment for those who believe in the Christian God but reject his laws and teachings. Since Wiccans do not follow the Christian God then Hell does not apply to them.

-Lark-
But according to the Ardanes, if a Wiccan breaks their oaths then they are sent to the Christian Hell. Doesn't that mean that Hell applies to them?  

Ravynne Sidhe

7,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200

TN_Lark

150 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:28 pm
Quote:
But according to the Ardanes, if a Wiccan breaks their oaths then they are sent to the Christian Hell. Doesn't that mean that Hell applies to them?

You'll find that most Trad Wiccans consider the Ardanes to be a quaint bit of our more political history and not something that we hold to as actual laws by which we live.

-Lark-  
Debate and Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games