Big Problem

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ShenHazuki

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:05 pm
OK, not to add to one of the 1000 "i have a problem" threads, but here goes:

Im in this band, that as of late just got thigs rolling for us music wise. But only two of us are like, true born again christians. The other one is athiest, and the other one "says" hes a born again christian, yet does everything opposite and doesnt listen to any advice that i have. he also hates when i bring up relgion and stuff.

The hypocrite dude just annoys me, but the athiest guy,used to be christian way back when i knew him in middle school. Im not sure what happened to him, but he seems to be bitter against basicly every christian except me. He alwasy says how im too christian, yet were like best of friends. Im nto really sure just how to witness to him because he doesnt even belive in God, and now hes talking about moving into my basement. They both worry me and it doesnt even feel right hanging around them after i read what Paul said about how "you should not be yoked with unbelivers" im getting worried about hanging with nonchristians in general. esspecaily having a band with them and living with them. Im not sure that i can do that at the same time i dont wanna break the band. Im jsut confused right now...  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:13 pm
Well, 1 John shows how you know whether you are a Christian or not. About the person who professes to be a Christian, because he hates his brother (in a Christian sense), I would not consider him a Christian. If he blasphemes Christ's name (or says God's name in vain), yet at the same time, says he is a Christian, I don't believe he's a Christian. If the person says that he loves God, yet he does not obey Him, he is not a Christian (I exclude those who strive to do what's pleasing in God's sight). If he does not believe that Christ is the Son of God, then perhaps he just isn't a Christian, thus, he's not born again.

About the Christian-turned-atheist, I don't believe he can be saved again. Read up on Hebrews 6:4-6.  

Theopneustos

ShenHazuki

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:14 pm
Wlll thats just great  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:31 am
Sorry about that.  

Theopneustos

Troa_6986

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 9:56 pm
Everybody is capable of redemption so try to point out to them God is real..He loves everybody no matter what they do..and he'll never turn his back on them. Show them how God helps us all.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:47 pm
Theopneustos
Well, 1 John shows how you know whether you are a Christian or not. About the person who professes to be a Christian, because he hates his brother (in a Christian sense), I would not consider him a Christian. If he blasphemes Christ's name (or says God's name in vain), yet at the same time, says he is a Christian, I don't believe he's a Christian. If the person says that he loves God, yet he does not obey Him, he is not a Christian (I exclude those who strive to do what's pleasing in God's sight). If he does not believe that Christ is the Son of God, then perhaps he just isn't a Christian, thus, he's not born again.

About the Christian-turned-atheist, I don't believe he can be saved again. Read up on Hebrews 6:4-6.

there were never a christian to begen with but that does not mean he cant be saved so that was rong you can be saved no mater what you do  

tubbyflip

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:12 pm
might i interject here...

just because your athiest friend decided to apostate, doesnt mean he can't be saved. in fact he IS saved, if he's one of god's chosen. but apostating will really screw your life because your walking from god when you should be walking WITH him.

its fruitless to tell people how great god is if they obviously feel completely opposite of that opinion. you cant just SHOW people how God is great in YOUR life...that will mean nothing to your friend.

if you want to lead im back on the path with god then catch him at a moment of weakness or find some time ot be with him alone so others arent around, this might help him to open up and let you ask as to "WHY" he turned away from God. and if he does then help him, advise him biblically.

and if he doesnt....let it BE. if you cant preach a bible to someone that doesnt want it then let it be and move on.

in regards to "befriending those of a different yoke" i think thats more of a just a fair warning because if you hang around enough epopel that apostate or dont believe in god it could "possibly" unintentionally turn you on a path of apostating(betraying yoru own faith, turning from your religion). or it could cause "your foot to stumble". it warns the same thing about marrying someone not of the same yoke, its not forbidden but it warns that problems could arise.

in a nutshell, if your friends accidentally or intentionally cause you to stay from the path of god then dont hang around them. but if they're quiet and respect your religion and dont bother you about it, i dont see why you cant hang around them.  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games