Reply Debate and Discussion
joseph and his 11 brothers

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

sunshinehearttrob

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 4:07 pm
okay this was the topic of our recent Sunday School lesson. we were digging into the story of Joseph and his brothers. what joseph did with his dreams and all in the beginning maybe up to 15 verses, not even that much (Genesis 37). did this provoke his brothers' jealousy. what am i sayign of course it did. but did he mean to do this?

me and a friend have separate opinions. and i want to find out what everyone thinks of this.  
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 9:40 pm
Joseph''s brothers were jealous of how his father treated him, not of his dreams. They didn't even believe Joseph when he told them. Joseph had been sent visions by God, and wished only to share them with his brothers. He had no wish to make them jealous.  

Kuroi Kokoro no Mendori

sunshinehearttrob

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 4:05 pm
sure joseph's brothers were jealous of him already for taking up so much of his father's attention and being the favorite. but did his dreams provoke them so much as to them wanting to kill him and abandon him? did they hate joseph that much?  
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 9:43 am
they did, the Bible even says they did, his dreams however were just an excuse. there really should be no debate about whether or not they hated him the Bible says they did.  

promised_child

ioioouiouiouio

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 9:33 pm
Yeah, you can pretty much blame Joseph's father for what happened. Had he been a good parent, and not been so blatantly biased, then Joseph's brothers wouldn't have tried to kill him.  
Debate and Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games