God's Not Pro-Life Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sinner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:14 pm
Cometh The Inquisitor
Well, conveniently, I did come up with a definition. You seem to have a problem to my definition, but have failed to come up with any solid counter-point/counter-definition (such as stating just why my definition is faulty, as opposed to questioning how I came to that conclusion).

Disproving the reasoning behind your definition is a completely valid way to disprove your argument. If you can't back it up, then it can be discarded.

Cometh The Inquisitor
Because, they are the best way of determining eligibility for rights that we have currently.

That's completely random. You're asserting that this definition is correct, then backing it up by saying that it's the "best way", but you're not getting into why.

You need to explain why your definition is valid. Without some sort of reasoning to back it up, it's completely useless.

Cometh The Inquisitor
Well, feti have their own individual DNA, being that they have both maternal and paternal genes. Cancer simply has a mutated strain of the original host's DNA, thus, it is not an individual.

Okay, earlier you said that a human is created when it becomes an individual on a genetic level. Apparently now you need to describe what "becoming an individual" entails. Why, exactly, does being mutated not count as becoming an individual, but having a combination of DNA (along with whatever mutations may crop up along the way) count?

Cometh The Inquisitor
Actually, the 'because it's the best thing we have' is a tried and true method of logic.

Except that you haven't proven that it's the best thing we have. You haven't supplied any reason for it to be considered valid at all. Your assertions have no more ground than if I claimed that people should be given their rights when they eat a cheeseburger.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:11 pm
[Yes I know I've posted here before, but I've come back to post this ONCE again just to make a point. Also, because I'm a bit more educated on the subject of abortion then I was before.]

I feel that your statement "God isn't Pro-Life" is just a judgment. You cannot judge God.

There is no proof. When we get to heaven, ask Him yourself, and then you will know the truth.

But I'm not Pro-Life because God might be. God gave me free will, so I choose to use my free will to speak out against abortion. The fact that someone wiped out 1/3 of my generation is completely devastating to me.  

Pandemasu

Sinner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:21 pm
Ri-san
I feel that your statement "God isn't Pro-Life" is just a judgment. You cannot judge God.

That's ridiculous. If that's a judgment, then so is "God is loving/just/kind/etc." It's just a claim, not a judgment. Jesus Christ.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:07 am
There is no way to prove or disprove this statement. I feel that God would not put those into His Bible unless they were for us to learn from the peoples mistakes and not make them.

God to me is for Life not for taking it away. I never thought I could become pregnant and I have tryed alot till I met my new Boyfriend I have never been pregnant before and We had unprotected sex alot and then I found out I was PREGNANT. Why would God if he was against life, make me pregnant after all the times I tryed and failed to become pregnant.

I do not have any children yet but someday I am hopeing that I will be pleaseing to God and he will want me to care for his children.
I had a miscarriage two months into my pregnancy because I was not careful and I kept falling on my stomache and it hurt the baby.  

Jenniferlynn

BDSaint13

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 3:29 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 3:31 pm
Ri-san

But I'm not Pro-Life because God might be. God gave me free will, so I choose to use my free will to speak out against abortion. The fact that someone wiped out 1/3 of my generation is completely devastating to me.

Love your reasoning, wow

And I am not being sarcastic, seriously, good reasoning.  

BDSaint13

Glorified Soul

Partying Reveler

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:22 am
Not only are those versus completely out of context (having done my own research on the subject of abortion), there are several easy conclusions to all of this.

1) "Testament" is synonymous with "covenant." Old Testament = Old Covenant = Abraham. New Testament = New Covenant = Jesus. All of your citations are from the Old Covenant, not the new.
2) Throughout the Bible there are many different examples of moral codes that have evolved through time. In Genesis 34 (The Rape of Dinah), a prime example of the primitive moral code is presented. After Jacob's daughter, Dinah, is raped, Jacob's sons murder the entire clan the rapist belonged to just to seek revenge. The moral code in that time was portrayed as "seek revenge and then some." In Leviticus 24, the Law of Talion is introduced. This Law set forth a more advanced code, stating that one should "seek an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth." But then, In Matthew, Jesus sets forth the most advanced moral code yet, telling us all to "turn the other cheek." Just because you find the Old Covenant suggests that abortion is alright, you must also realize that the ethics portrayed in that time were much more primitive than what Jesus has told us to do. They have evolved, several times over.  
Debate and Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff