Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Back to Guilds

Reply Debate and Discussion
Gay and ChristianIs there a such thing as a gay Christian? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Submit

Macinacs for seths

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:03 pm
No days, the gay culture is becoming more pervious to our society. Where is Christianity now days is the most often asked question. Well I have got to say that Christianity is alive and well. But is the gay community and Christianity ever going to meet?

Let me tell you, I believe that gays can be christian. I am proof of that. Not only am I a martyr for the Christian cause but I am a proclaimed Homosexual. Why, because thats how God created me. Most reading this will say that I blasphemy. But, I pose this question and Ask for anyone who response to this to please tell me. Where in the bible does it say that homosexuality is a sin? And who says that gays cannot be christian?

One other thing I want to mention. Jesus commanded to love one another. If we are to love one another, then why as christians do we discriminate against others? I love all beings male, female, American, Mexican, Christian, Muslim, gay, or straight. Where is the love that we are suppose to as Christians show?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:13 pm
I'm a christian, and I wish there were more real christians out there like myself. I wish people would love one another as God as told us, but as humans, we seem to judge. We don't just judge because of sexuality though. We judge on how people live their lives and on the mistakes they have made. Having a baby outside of marriage, for example. The church I use to attend kicked my best friend out of the church because she would not apologize to the PEOPLE of the church. That is between her and God, why would that be the time to kick her out? I would think as a true christian, we would want to pull her closer and love her and her child. Life is confusing is so many ways, and religion is one of the bigger issues...  

FireworksOfJuly

The Noble Protoman.exe

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:26 pm
It's... possible theoretically.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:56 pm
The question is not of theory but of practice?
can a gay man or woman be a christian aswell?  

Macinacs for seths

smurfetee

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:25 pm
I do not have a problem with gay people, I do have issues with active gay people though. The same issues I would have with those who choose to live together before marriage (which I myself have done in the past), choose to continue in a life of drugs and alcohol, continue to eat themselves to death, etc. All these things are talked about in the Bible.

I can not judge because I myself has committed sins, and there is no sin worse than another because the Bible says if you break one commandment, you break them all. But we are supposed to repent of our sins, that means do our best to overcome the sinful nature that is in all of us.

With that being said, you asked where in the Bible does it say ...

Lev 20:10-15 ASV And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbor's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death. (11) And the man that lieth with his father's wife hath uncovered his father's nakedness: both of them shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them. (12) And if a man lie with his daughter-in-law, both of them shall surely be put to death: they have wrought confusion; their blood shall be upon them. (13) And if a man lie with mankind, as with womankind, both of them have committed abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them. (14) And if a man take a wife and her mother, it is wickedness: they shall be burnt with fire, both he and they; that there be no wickedness among you. (15) And if a man lie with a beast, he shall surely be put to death: and ye shall slay the beast. ETC ...

Notice that this is group with many other sins of the same kind.

Gen 19:1-13 ASV And the two angels came to Sodom at even; and Lot sat in the gate of Sodom: and Lot saw them, and rose up to meet them; and he bowed himself with his face to the earth; (2) and he said, Behold now, my lords, turn aside, I pray you, into your servant's house, and tarry all night, and wash your feet, and ye shall rise up early, and go on your way. And they said, Nay; but we will abide in the street all night. (3) And he urged them greatly; and they turned in unto him, and entered into his house; and he made them a feast, and did bake unleavened bread, and they did eat. (4) But before they lay down, the men of the city, even the men of Sodom, compassed the house round, both young and old, all the people from every quarter; (5) and they called unto Lot, and said unto him, Where are the men that came in to thee this night? bring them out unto us, that we may know them. (NOTE: the word 'know' meant to have sexual relations with them) (6) And Lot went out unto them to the door, and shut the door after him. (7) And he said, I pray you, my brethren, do not so wickedly. ( 8 ) Behold now, I have two daughters that have not known man; let me, I pray you, bring them out unto you, and do ye to them as is good in your eyes: only unto these men do nothing, forasmuch as they are come under the shadow of my roof. (9) And they said, Stand back. And they said, This one fellow came in to sojourn, and he will needs be a judge: now will we deal worse with thee, than with them. And they pressed sore upon the man, even Lot, and drew near to break the door. (10) But the men put forth their hand, and brought Lot into the house to them, and shut to the door. (11) And they smote the men that were at the door of the house with blindness, both small and great, so that they wearied themselves to find the door. (12) And the men said unto Lot, Hast thou here any besides? son-in-law, and thy sons, and thy daughters, and whomsoever thou hast in the city, bring them out of the place: (13) for we will destroy this place, because the cry of them is waxed great before Jehovah: and Jehovah hath sent us to destroy it.

I would also note, that the Bible speaks many times over about a man lieing with woman as a good thing, but never of a man lieing with a man as a good way.

Jesus can forgive all sins though. So, my personal opinion is that Jesus would forgive anyone of anything as longs they ask for forgiveness and repent. Therefore, a gay person can be a Christian, but only if he gives up the sin. But let's just let Jesus speak for himself:

Luk 13:1-5 ALT Now some [people] were showing up at that very time reporting to Him about the Galileans whose blood Pilate mixed with their sacrifices. (2) And answering, Jesus said to them, "Do you* think that these Galileans were sinners more than all the [other] Galileans, because they have suffered such [things]? (3) "Not at all, I say to you*, _but_ if you* are not repenting, you* will all likewise perish. (4) "Or those, the eighteen, on whom the lookout tower in Siloam fell and killed them, do you* think that these were debtors more [fig., worse sinners] than all the [other] people dwelling in Jerusalem? (5) "Not at all, I say to you*, _but_ if you* are not repenting, you* will all likewise perish."

Mat 4:17 ASV From that time began Jesus to preach, and to say, Repent ye; for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Mar 1:15 ASV and saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe in the gospel.

Rev 2:16 ALT 'Therefore repent! But if not [fig., Or else] I am coming to you quickly, and I will wage war against them with the sword of my mouth.

God IS blessing!  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:13 am
*Bangs his head a bunch of times on a wall*

Yall are such..... UG!

A man once said "Theres two things infite that we know of, Human stupidity and the universe..... But I am not so sure of the universe"

I think this dude had something!!

Homosexuality is NOT a sin!
I am trying not to cuss!

"Judge ye not, for ye shall be judge 10 folded"

I talked to God,I talked with Christ. I talk to them every single day,in the morning,before I eat,and at night.
He told,they both told me.
Homosexuality is NOT a sin.
There your brothers so you must live with them,everyone has there diffferent verisons on thinking,and prohaps they like men not women?
I dont care,(Gods still talking), There still your brothers and sisters!

So if Gods gonna tell his child that,is he lying?!
The bible has nothing to prove but sing song!
Ask the lord tonight!  

dirtdevilgrunt13

Spartan1989

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:02 am
Ok i diasagree about Homosexuality not being a sin but there is already a nice thread in the D&D subforum. Just read romans 1....

Anyway, Can a Homosexual be a christian? Can a theif be a Christian? can a Liar be a Christian? Can a Adulterer be christian? If you answered yes to any of these, you are correct. A homosexuals sin is no worse than the sin of a thief or you or me.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:16 am
LRD_nick Wrote:

Yall are such..... UG!

A man once said "Theres two things infite that we know of, Human stupidity and the universe..... But I am not so sure of the universe"

I am trying not to cuss!

I talked to God,I talked with Christ. I talk to them every single day,in the morning,before I eat,and at night.
There your brothers so you must live with them,everyone has there diffferent verisons on thinking,and prohaps they like men not women?

Ask the lord tonight!

Got a phrase for you, LRD_Nick. Unverifiable Personal Gnosis.  

ioioouiouiouio

BinaryWraith

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:22 am
Jesus died so you can repent for your sins... If you are homosexual, you are unrepenting, no?

It's a confusing issue, and, As Jesus said, hate the sin, love the sinner.

I'll do just that.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:12 pm
I'm anti-homosexuality. I'm not the type to hate you just because your gay or something, but I think that being gay is a sin. I have proof, but I forgot the verses... smilies/icon_sweatdrop.gif

Anywho, yes it is possible to be gay and a christian. If your gay and you accept Christ, then you are both a chriastian and gay. But after this, you will have to give up one of these, whether it be God or being gay. This goes with any sin, be it lying, stealing, blasphemy, etc.  

Act of Random Kindness

1,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

SinfulGuillotine

Wheezing Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:25 pm
Ishmeal5489 Wrote:
I'm anti-homosexuality. I'm not the type to hate you just because your gay or something, but I think that being gay is a sin. I have proof, but I forgot the verses... smilies/icon_sweatdrop.gif

Anywho, yes it is possible to be gay and a christian. If your gay and you accept Christ, then you are both a chriastian and gay. But after this, you will have to give up one of these, whether it be God or being gay. This goes with any sin, be it lying, stealing, blasphemy, etc.
Stealing, lying, and blasphemy are all actions. Simply being homosexual is not an action, just like simply being heterosexual is not an action. The verses that (arguably) condemn homosexuality do not condemn the orientation, but condemn homosexual sex. (Whether or not they actually do condemn it is a whole other discussion that I'm not going to get into.) To quote a great documentary, "My sexuality is just as much a part of me as my faith, and to live with only one or the other is impossible."

Anyway, of course you can be gay and Christian. Even if you believe that homosexual sex is a sin, to say that homosexuals can't be Christian, even if they are sexually active, is basically saying that sinners can't be Christian, which goes directly against the Christian teaching that we are all sinners.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:58 am
LRD_nick Wrote:

Yall are such..... UG!

I am trying not to cuss!

Ask the lord tonight!

I love the way you put this. In the new testament, Jesus commanded us to love our brotheren, not to despise them. This is were my personal story comes in to play. I am a homosexual. But I am far more than a homosexual, I am a christian. I have been in the blood of the lamb. I have been cleansed of my sins over and over agian. The one thing is, I to have heard Gods voice speak to me. He himself told me, I made you, just the way you are, and you are perfect. You have fulfilled my design and for that i am greatful. I like so many others, try not to banish others. However, i am not perfect. The one thing i pray for the most besides my family and friends, is for me to show my faith through my actions. Now, I am not perfect, far from it. But one things for sure, I tell all that come in contacted with me, more now than in the past, that I am not perfect, however, i try my best. And as long as i repent for what God has shown to me to be a sin, so shall i repent for. I shall have no other gods. I shall not have sex out of a convenant. I shall not murder. I shall not cheat. I shall not lie. Some things are more important than others in the great book, but most importantly is love and forgiveness.

Even this very hour God has spoken to me. He has guided me. I have felt his presence. Does he tell me that I am not gay? No, on the contrary, he tells me that I am how he has madeth me. So, Love they Brotheren no matter their lifestyle for that is more important than anything else.

AMEN!  

Macinacs for seths

Macinacs for seths

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:06 am
SinfulGuillotine Wrote:
Ishmeal5489 Wrote:

Stealing, lying, and blasphemy are all actions. Simply being homosexual is not an action, just like simply being heterosexual is not an action. The verses that (arguably) condemn homosexuality do not condemn the orientation, but condemn homosexual sex. (Whether or not they actually do condemn it is a whole other discussion that I'm not going to get into.) To quote a great documentary, "My sexuality is just as much a part of me as my faith, and to live with only one or the other is impossible."

Anyway, of course you can be gay and Christian. Even if you believe that homosexual sex is a sin, to say that homosexuals can't be Christian, even if they are sexually active, is basically saying that sinners can't be Christian, which goes directly against the Christian teaching that we are all sinners.

I have to agree, there is a difference between the actions and the orientation. However, the one thing i know for sure is that I will be judged the same as every other christian. I repent for all of my sins, this includes sexual sins. I will not say that ive been perfect. Ive made mistakes. But one thing is for sure, God has blessed me. He has brought people, gay straight and others, into my life. They have realized that faith with me is my biggest thing. One mistake i will never make agian is sex before convenant. I being homosexual can not legal enter into marriage in most areas of the world. However, that does not mean i can not have a covenant between my God and the one he has planned for me, even if its a man. God made me to be attracted to men, hense it was God's Plan for me. And when i make that covenant with God, I shall have none other than the one that covenant is with. I shall not commit adultry, nor idolitry, nor theft, nor murder. I shall follow what God has commanded me to do, even with my sexual orientation because it is Gods plan, and his plan overrides any verse in the great book!

So sayeth the lord, AMEN!  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:04 pm
Macinacs for seths Wrote:
I have to agree, there is a difference between the actions and the orientation. However, the one thing i know for sure is that I will be judged the same as every other christian. I repent for all of my sins, this includes sexual sins. I will not say that ive been perfect. Ive made mistakes. But one thing is for sure, God has blessed me. He has brought people, gay straight and others, into my life. They have realized that faith with me is my biggest thing. One mistake i will never make agian is sex before convenant. I being homosexual can not legal enter into marriage in most areas of the world. However, that does not mean i can not have a covenant between my God and the one he has planned for me, even if its a man. God made me to be attracted to men, hense it was God's Plan for me. And when i make that covenant with God, I shall have none other than the one that covenant is with. I shall not commit adultry, nor idolitry, nor theft, nor murder. I shall follow what God has commanded me to do, even with my sexual orientation because it is Gods plan, and his plan overrides any verse in the great book!

I honestly have a lot of respect for that. But don't think that God won't ask you to resist some of the things that you were born with.

We are all born sinners. Since we were born with it, it must be God's plan, right? Obviously not.

If there is something in your life that scripture calls out as a sin, it must go. If acting on certain desires is sinful, then the actions must go. Will you be cast out of God's grace if they don't? I don't think so. Does that mean it shouldn't be an issue for you? No.

But believe me when I say I have respect for your attitude about your sexuality. I just wonder about your logic.  

Berezi

Macinacs for seths

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:45 pm
Berezi Wrote:
Macinacs for seths Wrote:

I honestly have a lot of respect for that. But don't think that God won't ask you to resist some of the things that you were born with.

We are all born sinners. Since we were born with it, it must be God's plan, right? Obviously not.

If there is something in your life that scripture calls out as a sin, it must go. If acting on certain desires is sinful, then the actions must go. Will you be cast out of God's grace if they don't? I don't think so. Does that mean it shouldn't be an issue for you? No.

But believe me when I say I have respect for your attitude about your sexuality. I just wonder about your logic.

Dear Dear Berezi,
its not logic that told me to say that...it was God. Heres the thing, I believe that the Lord almighty has talked to me, just like he talks to all who believe. Because I have struggled with it for many years, I like the good christian I am, turned to God and said Lord, if it should be guide me know. Give me the knowledge I need. When God talks I do listen. When I asked him if i was suppose to be the way I am, he told me yes. When i asked him to take these feelings way, he told me i have a plan for you my child. Thats why even thought most will say that I havent heard Gods voice, I say I have, and He has commandth me so. If in the future he tells me to change, it will be by him that i am no more of a homosexual as others are. But until that call. I shall be what he has instructed me to be.  
Debate and Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff