Submit

Tau_2

Aged Seeker

6,550 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:53 pm
Hello all. This thread is for those of you that want to quest and dont know how to, or thoses of you that need help questing in the first place.

Follow the Chapter Selection below to know more:

1. How To quest.
2. Ways of questing.
3. Tips on questing.
4. Q&A
5. Links to popular quest pages.
6. Questing Taboos and Do Nots

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:59 pm
Part 1. How to Quest.

Questing is relativity simple. Basically you find an item or look for your avi that you really want and start asking for cash to get it, providing that it is reasonable and within the ToS. Some people quest for normal items you can find a the store while others quest much more spendier items, like Mini Angel Wings and Nightmare Scarf. Questing will take a lot of time and usually doesn't happen over night. Tektek is a perfect place to find that item you want, but keep in mind that what you might be looking for is relativity rare and could take a LONG time to get.

Tau_2

Aged Seeker

6,550 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Tycoon 200

Tau_2

Aged Seeker

6,550 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:20 pm
Part 2. Ways of Questing

There are many ways of going about questing. Many people just want one particular item were as others have a Dream Avi. Dream Avi's are avis you make on tektek by using different items that you would like to see your avi to wear someday. This is an example of one:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Item List:
#0000FF Complex Jacket
#603913 Complex Pants M
Ancient Katana
Angelbow
Aoi Cache Shades
Canary Yellow Pimpin' Hat
Chyaku Norisu Scarf
Fat Lace Sneakers Fuzzy Green
Flame Shirt

Estimated Total: 182,991 Gold
(Estimated with known item values on 13 March 2007)

You can make as many dream avis as you want to and quest them all, but it could take a very long time and I don't recommend it. You can quest just one item and use the Quest Bar provided by tektek. This is a quest bar:

User Image

It shows you the current price of the item in question, in this case the Angelic Sash, and you can edit the code to show where you are in gold.
For example:

[url=http://][img]http://quest.tektek.org/?q=482&gold=25000[/img][/url]

User Image

[url=http://][img]http://quest.tektek.org/?q=482&gold=2000000[/img][/url]

User Image

As you can see, the number following the &gold= is your current gold you have. You will have to manually update how much gold you currently have on the quest bar but tektek will automatically update its prices about every 24 hours.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:48 pm
Part 3. Tips on Questing

There are many ways to get gold for your item/dream avi and I will go over some of the more popular ways to get gold.

1. Quest Pages: This is normally the semi-best way of questing items. What you do is make a thread in the appropriate place, like here, the YCQ sub-forum or in the proper place in Gaia's main forums, state what your quest and how much gold you are away from getting your item or dream avi and hope that a kind and charitable person will donate some amount of gold or that item you want. Some people make much elaborate quest pages while other people just say what there questing in one post. You can do either or.

2. Provide Services to Gaians: Find ways in which you can provide service to other Gaians without breaking the ToS. Avi Art is normally the most popular way of making some cold, hard cash and there are some people that will heavily pay for art that they like. If your best piece of art work (like myself) is a stick person, then find something else that could get money from people. I wouldn't suggest making lottos or participating in them because you are relying on one person to cash out the winnings. Reason why I say that is because they may A) Forget that they are running a lotto or ,most likely, B) Scamming you out of your hard earned gold. Plus they do have some leverage over you, cause you might be compelled to send as many pms to the person to get your money back and they might report you for "Harassment".

3. Sell Items You Don't Need Or Want: That will most likely be your main source of income on Gaia. If you have the Daily Chance Wheel activated, then you could get some small change or items to sell to the shops. But there are some items that are much more valuable to be sold in the Market Place then in the shops. Keep on the look out for Enchanted Boxes and Giftboxes, those can give you a major pay day if sold just right. If you have actual money (as in the U.S. Dollar or Eruo) you could donate $2.50 to get a monthly letter and sell it on the market place to rack in the money. Wait till the 15th of the month because that is when the monthly collectible is released and fly off the Market Place like hot cakes.

4. Save And Store Away: Some item will become very valuable over time, that is why a majority of the older collectible items are as expensive as they are. If you can get your hand on some really rare item but don't want it, wait a bit before putting it in the Market Place. Apply this to other rare items you have put might not use later. Keep those items for a period of time before deciding to sell it, they will most likely be worth more then when you first thought about selling the item.

5. Ask Your Friends: This has its ups and downs to it but can help you. Most likely, your friends are questing an item of there own but if you get the friend that isn't questing anything at the time, you could add thousands to you gold.

Tau_2

Aged Seeker

6,550 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Tycoon 200

Tau_2

Aged Seeker

6,550 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:54 pm
Part 4. Q&A

These are most commonly asked question and I will do my best to answer them. PM me with these questions and they might appear here. But for now:

Q: I have found my item/dream avi, how long will it be till I get it?
A: Depends on what it is you are questing. If it is something simple, dream avi and item wise, then not too long, even within 24 hours if your lucky. But if it something that cost around +20k gold, then it will take time. There are some items that you might like that are worth over 100k, even a couple million, unless you have the patients to wait longer enough to get that item, I suggest that you find something that you can achieve with in a three month period.

Q: Ok, I have my quest page, but no one has bumped in it, why?
A: The simple answer to that is that people might preoccupied when they a scrolling through the YCQ or preoccupied bumping in another thread. If you want people to notice, then bump in it so it stays on top.

Q: Some of my friends asked me for money after I sent the a pm asking for money for my quest, what should I do?
A: You have two options. A) Donate a little to your friend and ask if he can donate to you later. If you and your friend are on good speaking terms, then you could quite possibly get some gold back from him/her. B) Ignore their request. Things like this happen in which two friends are questing at the same time and often ask each other for some spare gold. Try not to think about how your friend will feel if you don't respond back to it.

Q: I have been bumping on my quest page for a while and no ones has responded, dont they care?
A: Like I stated before hand, they could be preoccupied with something at the time or they are busy with their own quest.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:56 pm
Part 5. Links to popular Quests

This is just a quick reference and links to Why Not's most popular Quest Pages. If you want your quest to appear here, you must have your page past 3 pages and look semi-nice. What I mean by semi-nice is that you have taken some time to make it look good and nothing like "I am quest. Help me." or anything related.

My Quest Page (if you cant SEE it)

Zphal_girl87's Quest Page

Nanner's Quest Page

Susaske's Quest Page

Tokyofro's Quest Page

Also, to all Quest Owners, if you see this:
User Image And you have three or more pages on it, let me know so I can sdd you to the list.

Tau_2

Aged Seeker

6,550 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Tycoon 200

Tau_2

Aged Seeker

6,550 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:57 pm
Part 6. Questing Taboos and Do Nots

1. Dont beg in other people's quest threads: Seriously, I have seen a few people in my quest thread and it is very rude. I might talk to the Vice Captains if one were to continue to beg in other's quest threads about banning. If you see someone continuing to post in your thread asking for money, talk to me and I will talk to the person.

2. Posting your quest thread out of the apporate area: I have seen a few of these floating around on the main forum in Why Not and sure, you would be able to get a little bit of money, but if you keep bumping it up like it was a quest thread, people wont donate. Also, this also applies to every where else, dont post Non-related threads in here.

3. Certain Services: There are certain "services" that one can do to get money for questing but would end up in an eventual banning from either the Why Not Guild or Gaia. Cybering is the number 1. Cybering, as most should know, is post sexual activities that involve you avi and the other person(s) avi(s) in a form a sex. Some people are inclined to sell cybering for an amount of gold. If it is cybering related, do not sell it.

4. Down Talking in Other's Quest Threads: Or, in other words, flaming. You shouldn't post bad things in your quest thread or other's. Simple as that.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:34 pm
This is quite cool, Tau! biggrin  

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100

Tau_2

Aged Seeker

6,550 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:37 pm
Thanks much, Z. mrgreen I aim to please the better good.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:54 pm
Congrats! You found an Easter Egg!

User ImageLight Blue 1

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100

Tau_2

Aged Seeker