Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sizzla

6,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 3:13 pm
the grape soda that would save Athan. pt. 2 (metaplot)

Elysia stepped around shards of broken glass and splintered wood from the door, examining the shop. The jewelry cases remained intact, but everything else seemed to be in shambles. Whatever had done this was very powerful, she knew. Labbie seemed to be stalking the shop, wondering what had happened. She bobbled back and forth, looking really uncomfortable. Something was bothering her, Elysia could tell.

Walking to the back of the shop, she saw Mystic, who looked rather stoic...That wasn't too unusual of course, but there was a sharp feeling of anxiety in the air. "Mystic...I got Renya's note," she said breathlessly. She had been rushing around as quickly as possible for the past few hours, and she was tired. Hopefully everyone else had gathered the rest of the ingredients already, or maybe they were all coming.

"Here's my ingredient, Cradolith. It was a bit...challenging to find. I hope it helps," she said, her voice strained. "Keep me updated on how he's doing, okay?" she added, sounding worried. She pulled the box out of her pocket, and opened it for him, revealing the vial inside:
User Image

Labbie hovered around the box, looking as if she were willing Mystic to take it from Elysia. Once the transaction was complete, Labbie gave off a feeling of relief...as if something pressing were now over. And Elysia supposed that it was.

"We really have to get home," she said, looking out the window into the night. It had gotten very dark outside, and it was almost ominous. "It's been a long day. Let me know how things go," she added, stepping back through to the front of the shop. "Thanks Mystic. Good luck. Wish Athan a get well soon for both Labbie and I."

With that, she turned and walked back out through the broken door, into the night.

And then she realized.

s**t.

It was too late to call another cab...She's have to hoof it home.

Labbie couldn't care one way or another. She settled into the underside of Elysia's hair, just along for the ride.

Mystic accepted the box with a gracious nod. 'Thank you. We'll keep you informed.' He looked somewhat relieved. Elysia's appearence meant the notes had arrived as planned, and they now had one less thing to worry about.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 7:19 pm
The Aftermath

Elysia was nervous and on edge, thanks to Labbie, who had been flitting through her hair and around her head all day, waiting for something. The wisp was giving off rather unhappy, uncomfortable vibes, and Elysia knew why.

There was still no word about Athan.

No one had called, and Elysia knew Labbie was afraid. Afraid of what might happen if the ingredients for the potion weren't found--if Athan died, so would Labbie. And most likely, part of Elysia's soul would vanish as well. Who knew if she would perish as well. It was a fear for everyone in the family, though most of them hadn't realized what was happening. So many of Elysia's children depended on her life--and her soul.

She didn't want to alert the kids, in fear that panic would ensue, so instead, Elysia and Labbie paced the kitchen, waiting for something to happen. Surely, if the other guardians were as quick about getting their ingredients as Elysia had been, there would be no problem. But days had passed, and they still hadn't heard a peep from Twilight Designs.

Walking out onto the back porch, Elysia looked down the palm-lined pathway that led out to the sea. She could see a swath of ocean where the trees parted. The swells were rather large, and whitecaps were forming on the slate-grey waves. Dark clouds hung low in the sky, and the air was humid and heavy. There was an electricity in the air that both Elysia and Labbie could feel. The wisp dug into Elysia's silver curls, seeming to hide from the weather. Elysia could have sworn that she felt the wisp shiver, but she didn't say anything to Labbie about it. She thought the silence was more appropriate for the occasion.

A crack of lightening made both of them jump and Elysia saw the bolt of lightning hit the water and ripple out, lighting up the sky and the ocean in an eerie glow.

BRIIIINGGGGGGGG!

And again, they both jumped, still not quite recovered from the sound of the lightning bolt. Elysia recognized the sound instantly. The phone.

She ran inside, Labbie still riding in her hair, wrapped tightly around strands with her wisps. Elysia picked up the phone and breathelessly whispered, "Hello?"

Labbie unwrapped herself from Elysia's hair and moved quickly toward the earpiece of the phone, looking as if she was trying to hear it all for herself.

"God, I'm glad you finally called. It's been hell around here just waiting. Did everything go alright?"

Labbie twittered in the air, her wisps quickly forming dragonfly wings and beating away as quickly as they could. You could tell she was excited.

"Oh my god. I'm so happy to hear that! Thanks for calling. Now I can finally sleep again." She gave a deep sigh, and looked over to Labbie, whose wings had now slowed and were reforming into their more natural butterfly state. Giving the wisp a wink, she hung up the phone and smiled.

"Looks like we're home free kid," she said with a grin, the weight finally lifted from her shoulders. "Athan's doing fine..."

Labbie just bobbled up and down in front of her face happily, glad to see her bond smile once again. She seemed relieved as well, glad that she wouldn't perish any time soon.

Though the tension in the house had lifted substantially, the dark, ominous weather outside had not yet lifted...  

Sizzla

6,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Citizen 200

Sizzla

6,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:45 pm
((The Butterfly Garden))