Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wicca: Blessed Be

Back to Guilds

For anyone interested in Wicca, Paganism, or Witchcraft 

Tags: Wicca, Pagan, Witchcraft, New Age, Community 

Reply The Academy - - [classes, how-to's, guides] - - Ostara/Mabon Party! Join us!
[How-To] Prying eyes?How to add a creative lock to your BoS

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rainbow wonder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:54 am
NOTE: This class/discussion is no longer taught/led by a teacher. However, please feel free to read through it and ask any questions that you may have or express any thoughts/opinions you have. Just please don't ask, "Can I join the class?" Because the answer is 'no'. Thank you.

Many of us have prying eyes in our in our homes, who might 'accidentally' open our Book of Shadows and read them without our permission. I am one of them. So one day I got to thinking and decided to put a lock onto my Book of Shadows. I'll show you how to make a lock for your own Book of Shadows that can be inexpensive and creative. The best thing about it is it should work for virtually any nootbook!

Warning: Can be a tad fiddley depending on the type of belt you have choosen.

You will need:
~ Your Book of Shadow (best hardcover nootbook)
~ A belt preferably with ends like this :Click here!
~ Sissors (if the belt is too long)
~ Super Glue
~ A lock that fits the belt holes

Instructions:

1. Grab your BoS and belt. Wrap the belt around the book so that an end of the belt at the front of the book is far enough to reach the edge of the back cover of the book. Like this:Click here!

2. Lay the book down onto the table with the belt not underneath the book but the end still in the right place as shown in the last picture. Hold the belt down here and move the rest of the belt back so the nootbook cover is exposed.

3. Place super glue on the edge of the front cover, the same width of the belt. Quickly place the belt over the super glue and hold it down for 20 seconds so the belt and the surface of the nootbook bond.

4. Continue this method on the nootbook, placeing the glue every 2 or 3 centimetres until you reach the spine of the notebook.

5. This part must be done with the book closed. Place supper glue the width of the belt on both the sides of the spine. Quickly place the belt on top of the glue and hold it down for 20 seconds.

6. Chances are your belt it too long for your book. So, you need to cut it. Cut it in the appropriate places so that the edges touch smoothly once it's shortened. Like this (mine isn't even because the belt varied in width, sigh) :Click here!

7. Now super glue everything down as done previously. Make sure that the end of the belt is just far over the edge of the book and a lock is able to slip through the holes of the belt in order to lock the book. Like this:Click here!

8. Enjoy your new found privacy!

Tip for buckle belts: Simply cut off the buckle and add in holes with a hole puncher or something similar.

This is my finished product and my beloved Book of Shadows :Click here!
Notice the shells? They are in a five point star representing a pentagram but hidden from my parents 'view' so to say. If I had a real one and my parents spotted it they would go crazy (believe me I've tried it already lol)

(Copyrighted by me)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:25 pm
Very nice idea. smile  

Lysdexic Lolerskate

skullgrl

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:57 pm
Loverly! heart I like the idea but I want to make up my own so my BoS is truly mine. Plus, they'res no one to hide mine in my house not that I leave it lying around! Though everyone wishes they could! Great Idea - very original and innovative btw.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:04 pm
brilliant diea. i hate it when i feel conscious that someone will read my BOS ... Thank you !!!!! mrgreen  

Constable_777

NolaIvory

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:29 am
Looks cute. And a good idea with the shells.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:38 pm
Wow! this is going to come in handy! I have nosy brothers and sisters and even a few friends so this will be great smile  

Tari_Leralonde

Foxmore

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:34 pm
This is a great idea! I hate it when people look through my Grimoire (It wouldn't be so bad if they ASKED first.. *grumble**grumble*)  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:29 pm
A good place to hide it is under floor boards.  

Dark_Style

philupyourmind

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:02 am
That sounds like a great idea, but the photo's got deleted so I can't see your beautiful work!  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:35 pm
I just have a spiral notebook in a cardboard box in my closet that is hard to get to due to my furniture arrangements. But having a lock is an extremely good idea.  

ThoughtlessDisturbance

stephy-gurl

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:17 am
ThoughtlessDisturbance
I just have a spiral notebook in a cardboard box in my closet that is hard to get to due to my furniture arrangements. But having a lock is an extremely good idea.

hahahaha me too  
The Academy - - [classes, how-to's, guides] - - Ostara/Mabon Party! Join us!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games