Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lady Vincira

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:25 am
November 27th, 2006

"...I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS. I CAN'T BELIEVE IT."

Precis was walking down the canned foods aisle in her local market, scowling over her thick glasses and mumbling to herself. She looked...well...frazzled, and people tried their best not to stare when she walked by, pushing a shopping cart with a riding crop in it.

She wasn't buying it. It was already hers, and she just liked to carry it sometimes. Mind you, it didn't make her look any more sane than she already did, mumbling to herself....

"I don't care what the court says...I'm not taking any medications. I don't trust them, I don't want them - I'm fine! I really am! I don't need them, so I just won't TAKE them. They don't need to know. I'll just flush them all. There's nothing wrong, so it wouldn't have done anything, anyhow, they won't be able to tell...."

"DUDE, UNDIE. YOU'RE TALKING TO YOURSELF AGAIN."

Precis jumped a mile in the air, nearly shoving the cart out of the way and sprinting...but instead finding herself face to face with her best friend.

"MOP. DON'T DO THAT! You know better than to sneak up like that...especially when you KNOW I've had a hard day...." Leaning on her cart, she continued down the aisle. Her friend followed along, his jester hat jingling merrily.

"Jus' lucky you weren't carrying your riding crop that time. Yeah...I know you've had it rough. That court order went through, eh? So when do you start your meds?"

Precis tightened her lips. "I'm not. They can take their pills and syringes and SHOVE 'EM, because I'm not taking them. Who knows what's in those things? For all we know, the government could be-"

Mop sighed and rolled his eyes. There she went again with the government.

"Undie, I get it. Oh...hey...look - I saw you were here, aaaaand...." With a flourish, he pulled a large bag of peaches from behind his back. "...Took the liberty of picking these up for ya."

In spite of herself, Precis cracked a smile. "...Thanks, Mop. I appreciate that. I was just heading over to produce to pick up some more, then I've gotta get back and field some mail...full inbox today...."

"Yeah - uh - hey, I've gotta get goin'. Catch ya round, Underground?"

"Later, Mop." She turned the corner, heading for the checkout....

...While her best friend slipped outside, humming the 'Mission Impossible' theme.

This is for your own good, Undie. Now...where's that guy who said he'd give me fifty bucks to do this....

With a little clatter, the peach pit in the baggy bounced off the side of the trash can, falling into the empty barrel. Precis had come home, emptied her trash and cleaned up a bit...and was now contentedly licking the peach juice off of her fingers while she read her mail.

"...Hrm. Owl sighting...owl sighting...owl sighting...lots of owl sightings lately...."

Grabbing for a handwipe, she dispatched the rest of the stickiness so she could write things down. She was so into her work, she barely noticed the room seeming to tilt a little bit...after all, she had stranger issues with her eyesight, given the thickness of her glasses.

"Now, where is my pen...."

For a minute, Precis fumbled around in the dark of her room, the only light her computer screen as it shone onto her desktop. "PEN...need a pen...oh, thanks."

Without thinking about it, she picked up the pen that a tiny blue worm wearing a scarf had been pointing to and scribbled down a note.

Wait, what?

As she lifted her gaze to look again, the worm was gone...but the entire room was spinning in a rather sickening way. "...Maybe I should...stop for tonight."

But even as she got up, the room was moving more and more. She wobbled a few steps, twirling awkwardly as she took each step. Her glasses fell off in a clatter, skidding into the foot of a cardboard cutout of Jareth the Goblin King.

Step, step, twirl...step, step, twirl...almost like....

"Everything...." Precis could barely hear her own voice - it sounded echoing and distant.

"...Everything...is...."

She tripped over something that bumped into her feet...a crystal orb. She stared at it from her position beside it on the floor, watching as it rolled in tiny circles in front of her.

On the carpet, Precis "Underground" Morgan slipped gradually into unconsciousness, head lolling to one side.

...Everything is...

...Dancing....

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:59 pm
December 2nd, 2007

The_Underground_Goblinqueen
Hey, guys.

You're probably all wondering where I've been. I'm sorry I haven't been around to update the site, but due to some...well, some mess in my life here outside the Labyrinth, I've been unable to reach the internet. You know how it goes, right?

Now I'm back, though, and I'm back to work. I've gotten quite a few owl sightings - it would appear that our Goblin King has been busy! I need to remind you all, though, that NOT ALL OWL SIGHTINGS ARE JARETH. He seems to like to time things for when you're either thinking of him most, or beginning to doubt him.

One particular piece of note - CowardlyHoggle13 spotted a barn owl with two different colored eyes sitting on her front perch in broad daylight. I'd keep an eye out, honey, because it sounds like Jareth has his eye on YOU.

For the other sightings and other instances, please see the "New Occurances" sticky.

(EDIT: Which is working again - sorry about that little glitch. Goblins in the system. @_@)
___

On another note entirely, I've been having some of the most intriguing Underground Experiences of my life in the last couple of days. You see, after a rather hard day (PLEASE do not PM me to ask. I appreciate it, but it's a private matter. X_X), I was getting ready to update the site when I got very, very dizzy.

I saw THE worm ON MY DESK - I looked back and it was gone.

Not only that, but when I got up, I was twirling all over the place...I think I knocked over one of my crystals, but when I fell on the ground, it was SPINNING IN CIRCLES. There was NO WAY I could have made it roll like that!

Ever since, for the last few days, there have been a bunch of other moments - catching glances of someone else behind me in the mirror, finding my riding crop moved COMPLETELY across the house, and even hearing faint snatches of song in the next room while I'm going to sleep.

This is just unbelievable, guys. Full descriptions of my experiences are soon to come - I'm STILL processing them!

Anyhow, I'd better get to typing. If I keep at it, I might be able to get everything updated before crashing tonight.

~TUG

Edited 1 time by The_Underground_Goblinqueen

Pleased with herself, Precis sat back in her computer chair, taking another bite of her peach.

Finally, back in her element.

Lady Vincira

Lady Vincira

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:09 am
December 5th, 2006

Greetings.

So I've updated some sightings, and a bunch of my own recent experiences are up. However, please stop PMing me about your e-mailed and/or PMed experiences! It's not that I'm not interested....

It's that I'm sicker than Ludo in the Bog of Eternal Stench.

I'm writing this from my laptop, from my bed. >.< I'm absolutely miserable, and I

Pausing to cough, Precis tore her hand from the keyboard, pressing her mouth into her elbow. She wasn't kidding when she said she was sick - the flu had hit her like a sack of hammers.

After she calmed, she turned back to the keyboard, poising to finish her post...

Except it was typing for her, without her pressing a key.

Quote:
get some rest. you should not be doing this right now. you will only get worse if you don't sleep, and it doesn't take a crystal to see that..........

Startled, she shut her eyes, rubbed at them, and then looked back...and the typing was gone.

Gulping, she finished out her post.

...I need to rest. NOW. More Underground experiences - BIG ONES - to come.

~TUG

As Precis set the laptop aside, the light switched itself off. After a long moment, she sighed.

"Okay...okay...if you're listening...I'm going to sleep now. Uh...good...night?"

The last thing she saw as she slipped into slumber was a pair of bright eyes and a shimmering set of white feathers, peering in at her from her window.

...An owl...

With mismatched eyes.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:50 pm
December 6th, 2006

"UNDIE? UNDIE! OPEN UP!"

Mop was standing outside the door, staring down two doorknockers which didn't appear to be helping him any. He had been there for about an hour now, standing with a plastic bag in his hand, shouting for Precis to let him in.

"Come on, Undie, you're freakin' me out! And it's cold!"

After another long moment of silence - or near silence, he could hear "As the World Falls Down" blasting from somewhere inside - he pulled out a PDA in exasperation, typing with emphasis he was rather pleased with and was disappointed no one would see.

Quote:
where r u? IM STANDING OUTSIDE IN TEH COLD.

He stood there, waiting, and back came a response....

This response.

Quote:
if you would be so kind as to leave for the moment it would be appreciated. leave the bag outside on the doorstep.

He gawked at the little screen. HOOBOY. Had Precis finally snapped or something? Wasn't the whole point of the meds he was slipping her to FIX the episodes?

...And what was with her grammar? She was always so meticulous about capitalizing and things like that.

He hurried back another message.

Quote:
c'mon undie! come outside NOW PLZTHX!!!!!

For a moment, there was no answer, only his own breath curling up though the cold air.

But then....

Quote:
i cant. im sick. GO AWAY.

Before he could snap off another response, something white and feathery came hurtling down, knocking the bag from his grip before soaring back upward and out of sight. Spazzing a bit, he screamed, rather high-pitched, and sprinted off.

The creature in question watched him run from its perch, blinking mismatched eyes and hooting softly....

While somewhere inside the darkened house, Precis was sitting curled up in a corner, staring with bloodshot eyes into a small crystal orb in her hands.

"...It isn't safe out there...it never was. Jareth, why won't you come and take me away...."

She sobbed, ignoring the letter sitting about a foot away, declaring her favorite uncle dead by an accident.

"...Away...."

The music kept playing, the same wistful song on repeat....

Lady Vincira

Lady Vincira

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 7:09 pm
December 27th, 2006

A shaky hand reached out and pressed the button on the answering machine, pausing over it for only a split second before recoiling as if bitten. With a shrill beep, the messages began to play back....

Quote:
"HEY. UNDIE. You really freaked me out the other day, man! What was with all that? And HOW THE HELL did you know I was holding a bag?

Ugh, look, just...call me, okay? I'm getting worried. Later, Undie."

Quote:
"What's going on with you? Why don't you pick up the phone? Go on like this and I'm gonna have to break your door down! You're seriously weirding me out. You're not even responding to my e-mails...did I do somethin' stupid? Or...what?"

Quote:
"Okay. UNDIE. I AM AT YOUR DOOR. RIGHT NOW. I KNOW YOU'RE HOME. Open it NOW, or I'm breaking it down the minute I hang up."

Quote:
"...Holy crap, Undie, what is your door MADE OF? TITANIUM? OW. I think I'm bleeding somewhere...."

Quote:
"Calling from home this time...Undie...look. I found out what happened from your mom. She's really scared, too...she says you've been hanging up on everyone. I'm just lucky because I know a workaround to your answering machine.

PRECIS. I'm sorry about what happened, but you're gonna kill yourself going on this way. You're scaring the pants off of everybody....

I'm gonna stop calling now until you call me back. Or get rid of the attack owl. He's creepy, and you know how I feel about birds. Anyway, later, Undie. Call me...please?"

With a beep, the messages ended.

Precis was sitting against the wall, face sticky with tears. It wasn't as if she hadn't been taking care of herself...she had been eating, sleeping, and keeping clean. While she may not have responded to them, she had checked her e-mails...had mused over the unusual amount of owl sightings in her area with some surprise.

It was just that, right now, she wasn't doing well.

"...Jareth...." She croaked hoarsely, whispering into a crystal she had been carrying around since the news. "...Please...come to me. I need you...I know you're real, just...please...."

She focused with all her might, wishing and praying....

"...I wish the Goblin King would come to get me...right now...."

A long pause as she bit down on her lip...as the wind roared outside. It shoved against the window, making it rattle in its frame...making the latch shake and clank against itself....

Nothing.

Giving in to her emotions, she dropped the orb, letting it roll across the room...and curled up, resting her head on her knees. "...He's not coming...."

Just then, the wind picked up substantially - shoving the window open with such force that it banged against the wall. Precis jumped as something was blown back at her ankles - the orb she had just dropped.

Frightened, she scrambled to her feet, trying to rush at the window to close it and being met along the way by papers and light objects.

As she finally placed her hands on the window, something came hurtling at her face - something of a fair size with wings. Screaming, she waved her arms about, striking out at anything, trying to get the thing away - but finding her hands didn't contact anything in particular.

Her eyes were wrenched shut - she swiped blindly at the air, feeling the sting of the wind against her skin. Her glasses fell off, sliding across the room, objects fell over with crashes and clatters....

She ventured to open her eyes....

And stared directly into a pair of mismatched blue ones.

Overwhelmed, she barely felt herself hit the floor as she blacked out.

---------

((You may wish to turn DOWN YOUR SPEAKERS before clicking, but here's a site to reference what barn owls sound like - http://www.owlpages.com/owls.php?genus=Tyto&species=alba ))

"KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

Precis woke with a start, sitting bolt upright and gasping. She was neatly arranged on her bed, glasses folded and sitting upon her chest...everything in her room back in its place and window shut.

Odd...was she dreaming? "...Maybe I...am losing it...."

Just then, something twittered from atop the Jareth cutout.

To Precis's surprise, sitting up there was a glowing blue owl...with mismatched, intelligent eyes and a regal bearing. As it moved, a hazy sort of flame bustled about it...and it was staring at her as if studying her.

Slowly, she got up, keeping her distance. So it was all real...what happened. But how did she get into her bed? How did the window get shut and locked? How was everything cleaned up?

Maybe Mop climbed in my window. Yeah, must be. Must be- no, it can't be. The place is clean. Actually...clean. Everything exactly where I put it. It couldn't have been Mop. He doesn't remember where I put anything....

Frazzled, she staggered towards the telephone, licking her chapped lips to find they were already clad in chapstick. Now things were getting REALLY weird. She looked around in fright...then let her eyes rest back on the owl.

No response from said bird...it merely turned its head a bit, tapping its talons against the cardboard cutout's head. Whatever the reason for it being there...it seemed perfectly content where it was.

And it definitely wasn't a normal owl.

Slowly, Precis picked up the phone, not taking her eyes off the brilliant bird for one moment. She hit the speed dial, lifting the reciever shakily to her ear.

"...Mop...I need you to come over...right now." She gulped. "No, I'm...okay...I...just...get over here now...."

While she was talking, the owl fluttered down from the cardboard, perching atop one of her crystals in its stand. It looked slowly up towards her custom clock...as its hands shifted forward in time to chime the thirteenth hour.

Precis's eyes widened, and she felt herself going weak again.

"...NOW...Mop...now...."

The phone hit the floor with a dull thud, and as Precis was falling, she allowed her eyes to shut.

Just for a moment - in that INSTANT before she returned to the oblivion that sleep afforded...she could have sworn she heard a soft chuckle instead of the twittering of the owl.

But surely, it was only her imagination....

Right?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:46 am
January 2nd, 2007

Precis sat in silence at her kitchen table, eating a bowl of cereal and staring intently into the milk. She was quite deep in thought...but finally her appetite had managed to appear.

After that...incident...she had managed to prove to at least Mop that she hadn't completely lost it. The word 'Agoraphobia' got used a lot, and it should be said that Mop thought that was the fear of Angora sweaters.

Still, she WAS getting better. And presently, she was thinking about perhaps getting out of the house.

Her music switched to the next song. She hummed along with it.

"...No one can blame you...for walking away...."

Taking a big bite of her cereal, her eyes slid slowly upward to the other side of the table.

The owl was perched on the back of the chair there, staring with its mismatched eyes and never once looking away.

Precis swallowed hard.

She was beginning to get used to seeing the thing...though outwardly, she tried (and failed) to appear as if she couldn't care less about it being there. At this particular moment, she felt that failure full-force.

It did keep coming back to bother her - that nagging fact that Mop looked right at it and told Precis that there was nothing there. But for now, she continued to try and force her gaze back down into her snack of Froot Loops.

"...Should probably work on rehairing my Jareth doll again," she said off-hand in an effort to distract herself. "His mullet still isn't big enough, and-"

There was a strange rustle on the table. She dared to look up again.

The doll in question was sitting neatly in front of the owl, who twittered lightly and continued staring.

Her spoon clattered into her bowl with some force. She couldn't take it anymore - she dropped the ignorant act.

"Okay, okay. Okay. Fine. So you're actually THERE, you...you...are you an owl?" Uncertain, she lowered her voice a little bit as if ashamed. What was she DOING? Talking to a glowing blue owl - who no one else could see?

And asking it questions?

"Skr-skr-skr-skr...."

The owl gave another long string of twitters in response, bobbing its head a bit.

The more Precis looked at it, the less it looked like some dumb bird - and there was a particular thought that kept getting forced back into her brain by those mismatched eyes....

But it can't be. Besides, this owl is blue...and no one can see it....

She shook herself a bit and took a deep breath before speaking again.

"Okay. Owl. Um...." She pushed her bowl aside and leaned on the table. "...I'm the...only one who can see you. So. I'm not positive you're...actually there. No offense."

A slight ruffling of feathers.

"...Still...uh...I guess if you're...here...well, as long as we're alone...and people won't think I'm just talking to thin air...I guess...I mean...." Precis was getting annoyed with herself at this point. She wasn't even sure she should be talking to her delusions.

But was she sure of anything?

A deep sigh escaped her. "...Should I...call you something? I mean...instead of just 'owl,' maybe a name...?" Then before she could stop herself - "Do you have one?"

Almost instantaneously, the owl hopped onto the table, staring Precis square in the eyes. With a little chirp, it pecked at the Jareth doll meaningfully - going right through it, but trying all the same.

Precis's mouth went a bit dry. This was creepy, and there was just NO WAY. No, no way at all. She calmed.

"So...you want me to call you...Jareth? Is that it?"

The owl twittered and fluttered back onto the chair again, raising his head in a proud, regal fashion.

"...Okay...Jareth."

Pulling over her bowl of cereal again, she took another bite before speaking in a bemused tone.

"...I wonder what the real Goblin King would think of you wanting his name...." She looked into her bowl and stirred her soggy cereal.

...But the owl just twittered and watched her eat...preening his feathers...

...And looking a bit as if he might be waiting.

In the other room, the now-broken clock with thirteen hours on it reset itself, hands whirling silently around its face.

The hands slid up to the '1' with a quiet tick, and the clock went back to being dead and still.

Lady Vincira

Lady Vincira

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:27 am
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=7324889

Finally, Precis ventures out...and begins to get the sense that she is not alone in her...hallucenations....  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:59 am
A letter, crumpled, off of Precis's desk....
Mom and Dad,

Snail mail is therapeutic. Please don't come to visit.

I'm sick again. It seems to get worse every month. I keep getting knocked down in ways I can't foresee.

And...there's something else.

I think I'm losing my mind.

There is a glowing blue owl following me around, I can't touch it, and no one else can see it. He told me his name is Jareth, and the scary part is that I feel like I've seen him before. He's not the real Goblin King, though.

Don't send me another 'don't live in your fairy tales' letter, please. I know you don't believe me, but the Underground IS REAL.

The Underground is real. The underground is real. the underground is real. theundergroundisrealtheundergroundisrealtheundergroundisrealtheundergroundisreal

I WISH THE GOBLIN KING WOULD COME AND TAKE ME AWAY RIGHT NOW

Jareth stared down at the visible part of the discarded letter, canting his head this way and that. He glanced over to where Precis was sleeping rather fitfully in her bed, breathing heavy and beads of sweat rolling down her pale face.

Soon.

The clock on the wall ticked forward another hour, as it had been occasionally since Jareth had first appeared.

It now read ten o' clock.

Very soon.

Lady Vincira

File Cabinet - Journals only

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out