Archania
I was born to a line of witches but my family don't practice magic
How are they Witches if they don't practice magic? confused

You can be a witches but u dont have to practice  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:33 pm
aydin502
Phoenixfire Lune Soleil
aydin502
Well I'm not a witch as I'm male nor am I Wiccan. Some of their beliefs clash with me, though I do not down any religion. However I have practiced magic most of my life and have a wide variety of spells and potions.
Males can be Witches too 3nodding

smile Of course we can. I guess I just never really looked at myself as a witch.

i see my self as follower and a beliver id love to be able to practice the trade aswell  

mini egg

Miss Lune Soleil

Fluffy Bunny

22,650 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:09 am
mini egg
Phoenixfire Lune Soleil
Archania
I was born to a line of witches but my family don't practice magic
How are they Witches if they don't practice magic? confused

You can be a witches but u dont have to practice
No... you can't... that doesn't really work. In order to be considered a Witch, one must follow and practice Witchcraft, which is a type of magic. Unless one were just heavily involved in religious aspects of Witchcraft, but even then the religious rituals and such involved are magical acts.

If someone isn't practicing Witchcraft then they aren't a Witch.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:45 am
Phoenixfire Lune Soleil
No... you can't... that doesn't really work. In order to be considered a Witch, one must follow and practice Witchcraft, which is a type of magic. Unless one were just heavily involved in religious aspects of Witchcraft, but even then the religious rituals and such involved are magical acts.

Technically you don't have to 'cast' spells to study wiccan beliefs.  

13lackMagic
Vice Captain

13lackMagic
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:48 am
Some one asked what the difference between Wicca and Catholism is...

Wicca is a religion that is polytheistic, that is believing in many gods, and you worship in a way that is not definite, for there are many different practices and ways of worship. It's all loosely based on the main principles.

Catholism is a religion that has 1 god and criticizes worship of more then 1 god. Catholism also is a strict religion saying that you must believe everything in the bible.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:52 am
13lackMagic
Phoenixfire Lune Soleil

True, but I wasn't talking about Wiccan beliefs, I was talking about Witchcraft... confused  

Miss Lune Soleil

Fluffy Bunny

22,650 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

13lackMagic
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:00 pm
Phoenixfire Lune Soleil
13lackMagic
Phoenixfire Lune Soleil

True, but I wasn't talking about Wiccan beliefs, I was talking about Witchcraft... confused
Witch Craft is based off of Wicca.  
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 1:50 am
13lackMagic
Witch Craft is based off of Wicca.
*dies* gonk

It's the other way around: Wicca is based off of Witchcraft. 3nodding It makes sense since Wicca is less than 100 years old, and Witchcraft has been around for centuries.

But anyway, my other point still stands. It's only logical that to be a Witch, one must follow and practice Witchcraft. Wicca is a whole other kettle of fish, since that is a religion, so one can be a member without having to practice magic.

Miss Lune Soleil

Fluffy Bunny

22,650 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Miranna Bloodlust

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 6:05 am
In the wiccan religion "magic" is spelled magick so that it is not confused with fantasy "magic" in movies, television, and books.

I don't mean to offend anyone but that is what i was taught by my father who is also a wiccan/witch.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:58 am
from charmed

let the object of objection
become but a dream
as i cause the scene to be unseen

sharpy evans

jennyluver

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:09 pm
I'm not a witch or wiccan but I've always wanted to learn the craft. I am a empath but not a very strong one I need to learn how to tap into that more.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:36 am
demonlove25
In the wiccan religion "magic" is spelled magick so that it is not confused with fantasy "magic" in movies, television, and books.

I don't mean to offend anyone but that is what i was taught by my father who is also a wiccan/witch.
It's partly for that reason, but originally it was added because in numerology, "magick" is a more powerful word than "magic". The extra k gives the word more mystical associations.  

Miss Lune Soleil

Fluffy Bunny

22,650 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

mini egg

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:13 pm
i am wiccan, my parents dont really approve because they are christian , but i really belive, i like to practice it , i juts need some help thats all  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:16 am
I haven't practiced in a very long time but for quite some time I found solace and relaxation of practicing the craft. Have been thinking about getting back into it but would love to learn from someone well schooled in the craft.  

Grobansboi

Akia-RP

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:07 pm
Phoenixfire Lune Soleil
aydin502
Well I'm not a witch as I'm male nor am I Wiccan. Some of their beliefs clash with me, though I do not down any religion. However I have practiced magic most of my life and have a wide variety of spells and potions.
Males can be Witches too 3nodding

Oh thank you for saying that, all of my friends say guys can't be witches(cept for my sarwa)any way... guys can be witches  
True Wicca

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff