Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:14 am
Fourth Entry: Simply Facinating!

[written on the bathroom wall in red lipstick, again]

Dear Diary,
I enjoyed meeting Apathy. He seems like a nice guy... an interesting guy. I wonder what his favourite food is? Or what type of soap he uses?! Does he have a girlfriend, any habits, and what does he like doing on his spare time? Where does he buy his clothes?

Er... this is what I'm on medicine for right?

[entry interrupted by a scribble]

Sorry diary, Nexi is being stupid again. Anyway... let's go off the Apathy subject. I wonder where he lives?

Today Nex stuck himself or itself... or whatever, to the ceiling for seven hours. I have no idea why. Just sat up there, staring down at the ground, occasionally wriggling. Funny little thing.

The headaches are dieing down and the diarrhoea is gone, but I've been getting abdonimal craps. Very painful. When the pain comes Nex seems more solemn then usual. Aww look, Nexi is in the toilet again. He looks so cute. I'll draw a picture.. I think I have some bright green stuff here somewhere...

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Oh, running out of lipstick...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:22 am
Fifth Entry: GIVE ME PEN AND PAPER! ;.;

[on a piece of lined paper with a blue inked pen]

Dear Diary,

Ok look, they've given me a pen! I was beginning to loose sleep at night. I complained to the people... the people at the house... where they... the people who gave me the pills. Yes them.

Well anyway, I complained that I couldn't be cured of my problem if I didn't have the problem. And because I was twitching and had a headache I screamed down the phone for an hour until they agreed I could have something to write with again. I didn't know I could be so forceful!

The reason for writing to you today is to mention Nexi's strange behaviour. I'm beginning to worry about him, or it... and I don't like it at all. It certainly doesn't help with sleeplessness, knowing your only friend is all depressed. I wonder what the matter is. Have I done something wrong? Maybe it was when I told him to get off the roof. Oh dear.

Scared the s**t out of me the other day. I was in the shower and what appears before me, the shadow of a person! I thought somebody had snuck in. Now I don't want to appear strange but really, that's my job! Anyway, it turned out to be Nexi, looking somewhat unhappy and not giggly and sticking his cute wiggly arms through my midriff like usual. This time he had a shadow. Is that normal? I don't think it is, 'cause the shadow waved at me. I nearly fell over.

Ok, sorry I lied. I did fall over. And now I have the huge bump to prove it. But Nexi just stared and then sat down on the toilet seat... not one giggle.

I am very concerned, but glad to be writing again. I'm sure it'll all sort itself out eventually. Oh look, I thinm I can hear him in the kitchen. I'll go see if he wants some chips.

[little note down the bottom of the page]

Haven't seen Apathy lately. Still don't know what soap he uses.

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:29 am
Sixth Entry: Um... o.o;

Dear Diary,

Nexi's shadow is waving at me again. While Nexi does nothing, this dark shadow wanders behind him... most of the time anyway. The other day I think I saw it in the lounge room, without Nexi. That's not normal shadow behaviour.

At least it hasn't done anything strange or mean. Just floats, I think, and waves. I'm sure I'll get used to it eventually.

Haven't been outside lately, been raining almost constantly and with nobody to follow I really don't want to get my hair wet. I really should find out where Apathy-

[scribbled out]

- what kind of muffins he likes! Yes... and meet some more people! I can't just focus on one. A young girl occasionally walks past with her dog. Maybe we could have a conversation. That word is so funny. Conversation. Oh, spilled my coffee. Damn.

[rest of the page a murky brown]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:23 am
Seventh Entry: Something Different

Dear Diary,

Nexi disappeared yesterday. Not only am I terribly worried but I am also very lonely. Ever since Nexi first appeared, we have never been apart. Where has he gone? Do you think it was something that I did? Have I driven him away? Oh dear... I only want him back.

--

The duck was gone, no doubt having found better ways to spend its time. Maybe it had gone and found itself a family, or then again, it could have flown itself into a truck. Ruri figured that must have been it, since it had been living a pretty miserable existence. Just like she was pretty miserable right now.

The little pebble that she threw skipped once across the waters surface before sinking with a small 'plop'. Ruri could not help but sniffle slightly, fairly sure everything was her fault. There must have been something that she had done to make Nexi go away. Or maybe... it was those pills. The thought struck her suddenly, a light of brilliance in her dark despair. If she stopped taking the pills, Nexi might come back. Right?

Then again that guy she had met, Apathy, had thought it was the pills were making Nexi appear in the first place. Thus Ruri found herself with a dilemma, one she found that seriously just wasn't fair. Too take the pills or not, that was the question. One might bring Nexi back, but then, it might not. Although it had only been one day, she was at her wits end. She had not quite realized what impact he had on her life. In the morning she woke up to his neon green body twirling around the room and each night went to sleep telling him stories. In between they talked and argued, or well... she talked and argued, while Nexi did what Nexi did, which often meant hiding in the toilet.

Life without her Nexi was just... well, it wasn't right. No doubt the rest of the world would tell her she was being stupid, but Ruri had never been one to listen to the rest of the world. In fact, that little voice of reason that most people seemed to have was so terribly warped that it was also cursing the fact that Ruri's only friend had buggered off somewhere. Hallucination my a**, Nexi was as real as they came.

Just as she decided to go home to weep some more, something came hurtling around the corner into the parl. It skidded to a halt, looking desperately around for something. Ruri stared at this longhaired young man as it turned this way and that before he finally spotted her, tears pricking at the corners of his eyes.

"Er..." This was quite, unexpected. For some reason, she couldn't quite keep her eyes off him. She continued to stare even as he came hurtling towards her, the world behind him completely visible. As Ruri stared something clicked inside her mind. "NEXI!" Without a second thought the slightly disturbed woman launched herself at him, passed right through him and got a face full of dirt.

That this was Nexi was a definite. He had come back to her! The only thing was, he was different. And he was definitely a he, where before he'd been some androgenous plant type thing. Now he looked human. Besides the fact that you could see right through him of course. Ruri sat up, watched his worried face for a moment before bursting into tears. "I- I'm so glad to see you." She sobbed.

A beaming smile slowly spread across Nexi's face.

"I'm glad to see you too."

--

Dear Diary,

Nexi came back today, though a bit different than before. I don't mind though, because now he can talk to me. Although, he doesn't talk that much, I think he's happy to just listen. Too bad I can't cuddle him. He's got the cutest ever face.

We're going out for ice cream tomorrow. I've already talked to the police about it. I can't wait. I feel like a child again.

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:37 am
Rp Log

-Will fill in later

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:38 am
Rp Log

Ruri and Vis meet!

-While at the Happy Home for a check up, Ruriska runs into a rather strange man named Viscount and his hallucination companion named Val. At first things were a little rocky but quickly everyone started to have a great time. Nexi is quite impressed by Val.

---

Dear Diary,

I've come to the conclusion that stalking friends is something I don't want to do, at this time anyway. It's just that little bit more polite. Besides, I don't want loose my friends; not everyone is as understanding as Nexi.

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:44 am
Eighth Entry: Observation File of Jane Murphy

I've been getting those urges again, so with the police loosing interest I went out for a little stroll today. Found something very interesting. Nexi was a great help.

She hadn't meant for it to happen. It simply... had. Apparently those pills she was taking weren't doing what they were supposed to be doing, still... she wasn't complaining. Ruri shifted slightly as she waited behind the shed in Mrs. Murphy's backyard, doing her best to remain silent and hidden. Nexi crouched beside her; his eyes scrunched shut as he went over his latest instructions. After a few more seconds he gave Ruriska thumbs up and disappeared around the side of the shed.

It was three hours before he reappeared again, giving her to all clear. Not long later she was carefully unlocking the window and crawling inside, following Nexi down a hallway to the study where the all important files were kept. "Jackpot." This was only a start of course. While Nexi had gotten a few titbits of information from watching the activity in the house (and was looking mighty proud about himself), there was still so much to learn.

They retreated from the house, Ruri carrying a small statue taken from the study, careful to leave unseen. In a few days they would return.

[carefully written on a plain piece of paper]

Preliminary Results

Full Name: Mrs. Jane Lucy Murphy
Sex: Female
Complexion: Caucasian – on the pale side due to insomnia
Hair: Dark brown
Eyes: Dark brown
Blood Type: B+

-Three children aged 7 (f), 11(f) and 14(m).
-Suffers from insomnia
-Drinks excessively after she drops kids off to school
-Sexlife with husband is nonexistant

Note: File Information Incomplete

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:25 pm
Rp Log

Link Coming

Ruri and Nexi meet Autumn and Ati

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:33 pm
Ninth Entry: The Zoo!

"N-Nexi... I don't think you should... please..."

"Huh?"

Nexi looked up from where he was crouched inches from the lions head, hand outstretched to touch the shaggy brown mane.

The fact that her only friend was that close to a lion could justify Ruriska's nervous jumping from foot to foot. Of course, the fact that Nexi was invisible to pretty much everyone, including the lion, made her worrying rather pointless.

Still, just to wake her happy, Nexi wandered back through the bars to her side. "Could we go that way now?" He asked pointing and grinning happily.

They meandered their way along the path, admiring the different animals that were on display. The zebras, the giraffes, and Nexi's favourite, the peacocks. The brightly coloured males strutted around while Nexi giggled happily, and Ruri leaned on the fence and tried to reach for one of their feathers to take home.

It was turning out to be a really good day.

"Oi! Don't do that miss!"

"Hey, leave that poor bird alone!"

Ruri ignored the annoyed people as she plucked out a long feather from the tail of a rather upset Peacock. It screeched and scrambled away in a very undignified manner, turning once to give her an affronted look before stalking away, back to the females.

"Ok, I got one. Next exhibit?"

"I wanna go see the lions again!"

---

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:18 am
Tenth Entry: Late-night movies?

Dear Diary,

Nexi's been a bit spaced out lately. He's been giving me strange looks ever since he stayed up all night watching late-night movies. Do you think they scared him?

Oh, he's staring at the wall again. I'll go see if he wants some chocolate.

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:49 pm
Eleveth Entry: Chess!

"I'll move the knight..." Nexi studied the chessboard with a thoughtful expression before pointing at a black square. "... here."

Ruri automatically reached over to move the piece, and then sat staring downwards with a perplexed look on her face. "I think you just won." She said, smiling slightly when Nexi grinned happily.

"That's eight." Chuckling, Ruriska returned all the pieces to their starting positions. "You're really good at this Nexi. I just can't seem to win."

"Do you... want to win?" A worried looking Nexi asked, no doubt obviously planning on loosing the next one just to make her feel better. "I can let you."

"No, no! Don't be silly Nexi. I don't mind loosing."

"Oh, ok then." He grinned and then pointed. "I'll move the pawn right here."

--

Dear Diary,

My Nexi is as smart as a button. Or is that bright? And how can a button be smart, or rather... bright? Anyway, today we got a chess set and after learning the rules he beat me, quite a few times.

Perhaps if I entered a champion chess tournament Nexi could tell me where to put the pieces and we could win a fabulous cash prize! Though that would be somewhat dishonest. I'll have to give it some thought.

I think we should go out again tomorrow. Nexi has been a little mopey lately, all quiet and just not like himself. I'm worried.

Oh well, everything will work itself out. Now, time for pills and bed!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:39 am
Twelfth Entry: Who the HECK is this?! o.O

The young woman mumbled softly in a half sleep, ineffectually waving a hand to bat away an invisible nemesis. Her dreams of flying pigs and talking purple dots were quickly fading away no matter how much she tried to cling to them, an insistent poking at her shoulder pushing her into wakefulness.

"Stop iiiit." Ruriska whined, her sluggish mind trying to make some sense of the situation. Somebody was currently nudging her shoulder, but whom? For a second she considered the possibility of it being Nexi but since his arms tended to go through things rather than touch things, obviously that ruled him out. Maybe she was just imagining it? She wouldn't be surpised if that were the case.

Well, there was only one way to find out. "Ok... fiiine." Ruriska frowned and turned, opening her eyes into a squint. When she finally saw who was there her eyes widened and she stared at the unfamiliar smiling face an inch from her own before letting out a shriek.

Jolting upwards Ruriska lost balance and tumbled backwards, effectively tangling herself in the bedclothes. Becoming still she stared at the ceiling, thoroughly confused but willing herself to simply shrug the situation off like she usually did. Mornings had never been her best time.

"Ruri?"

Raising herself up as far as she could go without constricting herself, Ruri stared at the man perched on the edge of her bed. He had a strong face, with purple skin and dark hair that fell across his shoulders in waves. As she watched he tilted his head to the side, a small smile rising on his lips. He didn't say anything just stared at her with very familiar blue eyes, waiting for things to click in hermind.

It didn't take too long. When it finally did Ruri let out a small sigh and gave him a bright relieved smile.

"Oh... Nexi. You scared me." She looked him up and down. "You've... changed." Nexi looked older, handsome and much more confidant. Yes, Nexi was different, but when he smiled, well, you could see than he was still the same.

Chuckling, he lifted a hand to brushed away some hair from his face. Ruri turned her attention to his clothes, the green business shirt, the bluish pants and the bracelet on his wrist. It was all rather fetching.

"I can hug you now Ruri." He announced.

Even his voice had changed; it was deeper.

"That's great! You're like Val now... you know, from The Happy Home. He can touch people too! " A bubbly laugh of joy rose up in her chest. Ruri couldn't quite believe how happy it made her to know she could finally hold her greatest friend.

Untangling herself from the blankets, Ruri didn't think twice before launching herself at his chest. For a second she thought maybe she would be meeting the wall, but instead she hit something soft and warm. Arms encircled her, pulling her close. So it was true. She really could hold him. It was... nice.

Nexi was real, he was here and she could touch him. Now she would never be lonely again, she told herself. That thought ran across her mind and she tested it. Ruri liked that possibility. Liked it very much indeed.

They sat that way for a minute or so before Ruriska's stomach gave a little whine of displeasure. "It's breakfast time." She said, not quite willing to move yet.

Nexi seemed to consider it for a second before turning his head to stare towards the doorway. "Hmm, can we go out for breakfast? You haven't got anything in the fridge."

"Oh, yes... of course."

They pulled apart and got on with their day, as if nothing had ever changed. Though they were definately both the grinning pair.

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:25 am
Thirteenth Entry: Time Passes

Life moved in calm, predictable ways these days. Ruri had gotten a job at the local bakery (obtained in no small way by Ruri’s new found skill of blackmail). They income and her apparently new ‘health of mind’ made the police loose interest completely. Of course, that didn’t mean the Home wasn’t still in the picture. Even after moving into a bigger apartment, one with a room she would specifically use for her ‘human studies’, she kept on keeping in touch with Home, to make sure she always had a good supply of pills.

In their new neighbourhood they began to mix with the community. Ruri and Nexi joined the local chess club. It was mainly just for Nexi, since Ruri’s just moved whatever piece he pointed at and then tried not to giggle to hard when Nexi did a victory dance around the room whenever they won (which was often). And Ruri began a painting course and then took a cooking class, until she nearly burnt the place down, after that she just focused on finding suitable ‘stalking subjects’ while avoiding any unnecessary attention.

Nexi had finally gotten his budgie, quickly dubbed ‘Moe’. It was an odd little bird and, unknown to Nexi, Ruri was fairly sure it was out to get her. For a time she’d considered the idea of shoving it out the window but Nexi was very fond of it. Thus, Moe wasn’t going anywhere anytime soon and the two enemies had to come to an uneasy truce.

Yeah, they were settling in nicely. The only complaint was that they hadn’t seen their friends for a long time and there weren’t exactly good new ones to pass the time with. Nexi was quite obviously pining for a certain someone and there were quite a few people that Ruri wanted to catch up with. Well, she should be due for a check up at the Happy Home soon. That was something to look forward to!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:54 pm
Fourteenth Entry: We’re back!

Dear diary,

It’s sure been a while. I didn’t feel up to writing while I was at that ‘other place’. But now I’m back and I have an announcement. I’m in love. He’s so suave and charming. The way he looked at my disdainfully as we passed in the hall was just perfect. I attempted to stalk him but it proved impossible. He comes and goes like a magical magical creature of cupid!

I just hope he’s open to dating outside his species. Since he’s… well, he’s a duck. That’s not considered beastiality is it? Oh wait, he’s got a hat so it should be fine. =)

Maybe I’ll ask Nexi’s new budgie (Moe succumbed to a terrible illness and even though we didn’t get along, I kind of miss the silly guy) if he can set up a meeting for us. Anyway, time to go, I have to take my medication… and I must say there seems to be quite a bit extra from last time. It makes me feel pretty woozy.

Am I crazier than before? I can’t really tell. But I must be; since they’re making me stay here for good now.

Love,
Ruri

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

File Cabinet - Journals only

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items