Are You in a real coven?? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

dark_violet2

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:48 pm
I am...Me and my three sister are The Silver Nytes
i am the 3 sister...we have no boys at the monet...  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:07 pm
guess none of you are excep me how sad...i guess i'm the only one in wicca  

dark_violet2

13lackMagic
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:14 pm
There's a whole sub-forum on Wicca, check it out..  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:23 pm
13lackMagic
There's a whole sub-forum on Wicca, check it out..

thier is i'm new

((haha its me dark_violet2 on another account!!!))  

aqua_misty

dark_violet2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:30 pm
((no really its ture i have about 5 accounts))  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:38 pm
dark_violet2
it's cool... but yea... um... True Wicca is what it's called.  

13lackMagic
Vice Captain

dark_violet2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:41 pm
13lackMagic
dark_violet2
lol..ok  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:41 pm
dark_violet2
13lackMagic
dark_violet2
lol..ok
yep, pretty self explanitory...  

13lackMagic
Vice Captain

Starlock

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:34 am
Question: what do you mean by "real coven?" There's some debate on what constitutes a "real Wiccan" and that carries over into this topic as well.

There is no doubt, though, that the following is a real coven: a coven who can trace its lineage back to Gerald Gardner and who uses initiation to obtain new members. Personally I'd broaden the definition, but not so much to neccessarily include every teenage hopeful who just decides to make their own coven with a group of friends.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:05 pm
Starlock
Question: what do you mean by "real coven?" There's some debate on what constitutes a "real Wiccan" and that carries over into this topic as well.

There is no doubt, though, that the following is a real coven: a coven who can trace its lineage back to Gerald Gardner and who uses initiation to obtain new members. Personally I'd broaden the definition, but not so much to neccessarily include every teenage hopeful who just decides to make their own coven with a group of friends.

A real coven to me, is someone who has elders in it (Someone older then say late teens to early 20's because of the knowledge and expieriene)

Thats what I'm looking for when I turn 18. Not a group of young people. I want someone older so that I can benifit off their knowledge.  

`Germicide
Crew

CoonHillda

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:23 pm
Yeah for the most part "real covens" wont let anyone under 18 in it because of liability perposes. There is also a LONG road to go to get into one and become a priestess it takes a good few years. Unless you can find the right books its hard to even consider yourself a real wiccan when you are solitary or start your own coven because well your not suposed to be given the names of your deitys untill your initiated into an already astablished coven. Alot of people wont cosider you a wiccan unless you are in a coven you can be studying it all you want but untill you get the title your not one. Thats not my personal opinion just because i know its not always easy to find a coven especialy when your in your teenage years.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:41 am
Konomiko92
Starlock

A real coven to me, is someone who has elders in it (Someone older then say late teens to early 20's because of the knowledge and expieriene)

Thats what I'm looking for when I turn 18. Not a group of young people. I want someone older so that I can benifit off their knowledge.

Not a bad policy. If only age always meant greater knowledge and experience. In many ways it isn't how long you've practiced or how old you are... it's how diligently you've been practicing during that time and how mature you are... sweatdrop

I'll echo what CoonHillda said as well... generally legitimate covens will not initiate minors for a variety of reasons, the primary one being parental consent issues.  

Starlock

`Germicide
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:31 pm
Starlock
Konomiko92
Starlock

Not a bad policy. If only age always meant greater knowledge and experience. In many ways it isn't how long you've practiced or how old you are... it's how diligently you've been practicing during that time and how mature you are... sweatdrop

I'll echo what CoonHillda said as well... generally legitimate covens will not initiate minors for a variety of reasons, the primary one being parental consent issues.

Thank you ^^;

See, I want to go somewhere where I KNOW I'll get the right respect, friendship and knowledge. Knowledge usually comes with age but I understand where you're coming from. I don't want somoene who's been Wiccan for 6 months and has only picked up a book twice and done one spell that DOESN'T relate to love (Tired of Love spells. Ever do a google search for spells? OMG EVERYWHERE!!) but is 87 years old. Ya know? I want someone who has been in the religion for quite a while. Now on to altars! >.< (Just set up her Yule Altar)  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:08 am
I'm not in a coven, I'm a soliatry wiccan. But i visit many wiccan circles to see how others do it and learn from them.  

lordbirch
Crew

LadyAnubis

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:04 pm
I practice with a group of solitaries (yes, I know, oxymoron). A coven requires minimum five members, one of which must be a high priestess, and as there are only four of us and none of us hold that title (our longest practitioner has only been pagan for about six years and has never had any kind of training).  
True Wicca

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff