Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
The Imperial War Room Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 87 88 89 90 91 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 11:07 pm
Darth Fury
Cale Darksun
stellarmagic
I'd have thought the sith would have gotten off some signal with observed ships around the planet and moons. But hey, it does seem like an awfully small attack force doesn't it?

For the fleet assembled against them, yes.
But something else comes to mind as well.
The Republic picked you up at the edge of the system, in a location similar to where Fury plans to deploy.
Odds are that she's going to be picked up as well. And since you can't cloak in hyperspace without blowing out your devices, she'll need to drop out, then stealth.

Space is not finite. (Or at least, not that finite) We're dropping out of hyperspace out of their sensor range, and then approaching the edge of the system. I'm outnumbered 100 to 1 as it is, I'm not going to jump into the middle of a deathtrap.

Ok then.  
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 11:11 pm
Cale Darksun
Darth Fury
Cale Darksun
stellarmagic
I'd have thought the sith would have gotten off some signal with observed ships around the planet and moons. But hey, it does seem like an awfully small attack force doesn't it?

For the fleet assembled against them, yes.
But something else comes to mind as well.
The Republic picked you up at the edge of the system, in a location similar to where Fury plans to deploy.
Odds are that she's going to be picked up as well. And since you can't cloak in hyperspace without blowing out your devices, she'll need to drop out, then stealth.

Space is not finite. (Or at least, not that finite) We're dropping out of hyperspace out of their sensor range, and then approaching the edge of the system. I'm outnumbered 100 to 1 as it is, I'm not going to jump into the middle of a deathtrap.

Ok then.

You edited your post right as I was about to reply...didn't you. stressed

Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly big it is.

If I drop out of hyperspace well outside of the system, than approach under cloak and at sublight speeds, then they shouldn't pick me up on their sensors. They shouldn't pick up the radiation from the hyperspace exit either, since it is well outside of their sensor range.

Edit: And Stellar, a week hasn't gone by in our chain of events. Check the discussion forum...

Edit again: Page 690, near the bottom.

Darth Fury

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 11:19 pm
Cale just how long would the travel time be for her to do as she's suggesting? I mean we know that the travel time from system's edge for a massdriver round was two hours. So how long for these ships to arrive under power from the ion drive?

A day or two?  
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 11:27 pm
stellarmagic
Cale just how long would the travel time be for her to do as she's suggesting? I mean we know that the travel time from system's edge for a massdriver round was two hours. So how long for these ships to arrive under power from the ion drive?

A day or two?

Cruising? For combat grade warships it would probably take 12+ hours.
At the battle of Serroco, the Mandalorians jumped to the edge of the planet's gravity well or beyond it. It took them a few hours to meet the Republic Fleet head on in a pell-mell action, though their missiles struck the planet from their entry position in a matter of minutes.
Thats the Planet's gravity well, not the edge of the star system.  

Sol Walker
Crew

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 11:29 pm
Let me amend that. A week has passed. In this week Darth Fury has dropped her fleet out of hyperspace and has proceeded at sublight to their jump-off positions. Why? Because it'd take that damn long. Most battles in a star system involve significant in-system jumping because the distances are that mind blowing even in a star system.

That should solve the time synchronization problem.  
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 11:34 pm
Ok, not sure what to do about that one.
I figured it would take Fury some time to get to Yag Dhul.
It may be a well traveled hyperlane, but its still old school hyperdrives.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Darth Fury

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 11:37 pm
The whole point of me coming here, now, is so that you guys wouldn't have a week to sit on Yag'Dhul.  
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 11:39 pm
In the previous chapter, the Republic had been there for a day or two at most when the Mercs showed up.
Retaking a planet takes time.
The job isn't over yet and you needed time to assemble a counter attack. So a week works just fine.
That does leave the question of what Demaia, Marr and DA's characters are doing this time...  

Sol Walker
Crew

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 11:49 pm
Fury if you're worried about us securing the world and using it against you. A week is insufficient time to truly secure a world, let alone replace the defenses and infrastructure disabled or destroyed in the attack. While the strategy used lowered infrastructure damage significantly, the shield generator I destroyed for the infiltration window must be replaced, and that could take a month or more.  
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 11:52 pm
Though chances are, the fleet has been expecting a counter attack for some time. After the initial strike, she'll have to move fast.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 11:57 pm
This is why I told you to make sure you had everything planned out and synchronized with everyone, so that you didn't get into this little debate. I see that my advice went mostly unheeded, save for the most basic of tacticular capacities.  
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 11:59 pm
Fury wasnt exactly available to discuss this.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 12:01 am
Hence PM. You do have a right to uphold the RP if you want to make sure things run smoothly.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 87 88 89 90 91 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff