Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply :[ Graveyard ]:
BREEDING Thread :: CLOSED INDEFINITELY Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tartara Seabreeze

Feral Kitten

11,190 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hunter 50
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:52 am
Lets Have a Little Chat For Sigurd x Shageki  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:47 pm
I'M GOING HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS

The holiday season is approaching fast on Telrunya, a time where things seem festive and some of the older Pae'il might miss the snow that used to happen more commonly on the Isle, back when it was in the sky. It is a time for winter togetherness for everyone, families celebrating the year behind them and the year upcoming.

Wouldn't your Pae'il like to go and enjoy the holidays with their family too?

RULES
  1. This is a Reverse Breeding Event! While this may normally apply to Pae'il who are second gen and up only, there is an exception to this event! All Pae'il with no PC parents may enter.
    1. If you win with a first gen, your Pae'il will be modified to a second gen Pae'il, so any Pae'il in a form that is specific to a first gen Pae'il cannot be entered. For example, first generation flutters, faun that hatched from acorns, faeries with concepts, etc. Please use common sense when entering!
    2. Fauny are a special circumstance, as some already have established canon parents. If your fauny has established canon parents, you may enter for those if you wish. In this case, everyone related will need to submit an entry, and decide among themselves who gets which parent. (For example, for the Apples, the owners of Big Mac, Applejack, and Applebloom would all need to submit an entry.) Otherwise, you will need to convince us why the fauny's parents should exist, with a believable story that fits with the established fauny canon.
    3. Second gens and higher may still enter as normal, but they also must fill out the special form for this event.
    4. Like any reverse breeding, in order to have the parents breed in the future, they must belong to two different people. The winner(s) may choose who to gift their second parent to if they wish, or keep them both.

2. In this event, you must fill out the modified form included below.
    1. The essay should be written from the perspective of your Pae'il! Explain what family means to them and why they feel they should be reunited with them.

3. You can enter multiple times, but you may only win once.
  4. This is for Reverse Breedings only. Regular breedings as a whole are closed. This includes DNA Breedings and EI Breedings. Attempting to enter for any of these will result in disqualification of your entries.

FORM
[b]Pae Name[/b]:
[b]Owner[/b]:
[b]What Generation are they?[/b] (Currently. Please enter current 1st gen Pae'il as 1.)
[b]If Gen 3 or later, are you looking for an earlier generation than Parents? If so, which one?[/b]
[b]What are the parents' names, and their owners?[/b]

[b]From the perspective of your Pae'il: Please write about why your family is important to you, and why you wish to be united with them for the holidays.[/b]

AND GO! APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED UNTIL NOVEMBER 27th, 11:59PM EDT!

Guardian_Iris
Captain

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:09 am
Pae Name: Diona and Aulii
Owner: Wolfs Heart
What Generation are they? 1
If Gen 3 or later, are you looking for an earlier generation than Parents? If so, which one? I am requesting the grandparents they have in common so that I can cement into canon that they are cousins which I have had in their back story since I received them.
What are the parents' names, and their owners?
Iolana (f) and Kadmus (m)
I would like to give away one of the grandparents, but determine this at another time if possible.

From the perspective of your Pae'il: Please write about why your family is important to you, and why you wish to be united with them for the holidays.

Diona:

To be honest, family hasn't always been the most important thing to me. I don't really need to go into detail about all the times family has been unimportant to me. Recently, following the birth of my little girl, family has become so much more important to me though! Dulce is absolutely perfect, and I want to give her the perfect life. I have unfortunately become out of touch with so many of my other family members, including my many, many sons. If I could make it up to them I would though. I really am trying to be a better mother. I mean... I went to that Halloween party, but at least I left Dulce with a babysitter instead of leaving her by herself or taking her to the party.

So I'm trying. For her sake at the least, family is important to me now.

It really has been so long since I have been in touch with any of my family members that I think now is the perfect time to be reunited with them. I was probably very young the last time I saw my grandparents. I saw Grandma Iolana and Grandpa Kadmus more than my other grandparents growing up just because me and Aulii spent so much time together when we were little and they were always there when the rest of the family would gather. I think they would simply adore Dulce. We could have a little reunion just like old times, and I could provide the drinks! Family just always makes the holidays better, like the time I took Porter trick or treating. Halloween just would not have been the same without him there. I had so much fun dressing him up in frilly clothes. He might not have liked it, but I had fun! I don't know what my family would think of me now... but I'm sure that won't matter. We'll all just be so happy to see each other again.

Aulii:

Family is totally important to me. Its on my list of important things. Right after surfing and sleep. In that order. It had to be important, I have put up with all of Diona's crazy stuff all these seasons and only walked away from her twice, and never when she really, really needed it. And why did I do that? Because we're family, and family sticks together no matter what, although she never figured that out apparently. I don't have my own kids and girl and stuff, but that's only because settling down isn't important to me right now. But the family that raised me, the ones I grew up with, they still mean a lot to me. Heck, even Diona's kids are important to me. Although, I probably should have given them some more surfing lessons.

If Grandpa Kadmus was here right now... I bet he'd give Diona a stern talking to about her life. Although... on second thought I would probably get one of those talks too. Grandma... now she was always the laid back one, I bet me and her could go for a good surf together. We could have one giant luau, it would be perfect. Surfing, food... oh maybe I should put food on my list of important things. It's like this: surfing, sleep, food, family. Family is still really high up on my list though, see?

I don't really know why I want to be united with my family for the holidays. Any time would be a good time, but I guess holidays are usually the easiest time for pae to set aside important things like surfing in order to spend time together. I would be willing to put up my surfboard for a day I guess. Although if its going to be a holiday luau, I won't have to put up my surfboard anyways.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:50 pm
Pae Name: Lira
Owner: Seruta
If Gen 3 or later, are you looking for an earlier generation than Parents? If so, which one? N/A
Syrma (Mom) - Seruta
Marfik (Dad) - Seruta
(They are happy with the kid/kids they have/had... Don't want no more. >>; )

From the perspective of your Pae'il: Please write about why your family is important to you, and why you wish to be united with them for the holidays.

Lira sighed, sitting beside her fireplace and found herself lost in thought. The holidays were closing in. Another year passing without her beloved family...

Sure, she had plenty of friends. Most of which she hadn't seen in a while. Would they even remember her? Would they even care to see her again?

Another heavy sigh and she tugged the blanket tighter on her shoulders.

"I know it'll never happen... You've been dead for some time now..." she started, whispering to no one in particular... "But I deeply miss you all. I miss spending the holidays with you. I miss decorating the trees for the birds...." she sniffled, trailing off a bit. "You were the only ones who understood me. Cared about me..."

((*In her past, I've noticed she's told a few Pae that her family was dead. Killed by wolves, or something...? However, I think it would be interesting if they weren't really dead? Injured because of the incident, maybe? But maybe there was some weird psychological trauma of seeing them attacked that she refused to believe they'd survived such an ordeal? That's kinda how I'm playing this angle, at least. :3*))  

Seruta

Sexy Believer

15,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Party Animal 100

Fea Line
Crew

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:50 pm
Pae Name: Dosvidaniya
Owner: Fea Line
What Generation are they? 2nd
If Gen 3 or later, are you looking for an earlier generation than Parents? If so, which one? n/a
I will be giving one away but if possible I'd like to wait to see them till deciding names and such.

"My parents.......yess...my parents. They know! They see it! They do not turn a blind eye like some of these...these.... heathens! So long. So so very long have they been away, searching. Seeking a cure, a protection, anything to thwart the Nimwaps! And lately....the spirits. They speak to me that they have succeeded. An answer, so very close in reach! I can taste it on my tongue, oh yes ahahaha! But they must return. They must return to the place where it all began, less their journey be in vain. I desire that not! I have held strong against the changing winds. My solitary existence up until now used to serve the greater good.....but I can not do it alone. Nay, nary no longer. They gather. They strengthen, and my blood is not enough. To be reunited would be glory as in the days of old! Much rejoicing is to be had!"  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:15 pm
Pae Name: Scylla
Owner: Teigra
If Gen 3 or later, are you looking for an earlier generation than Parents? If so, which one? N/A
Ceto - Mother - Demon (Teigra)
Phorcys - Father - Naiad (Teigra)

In my head canon thus far...

Many many seasons ago, a demon Pae'il named Ceto was exploring the lake. Odd behavior for a land Pae, perhaps, but the unknown had always fascinated her. And nothing seemed more unknown in those days than what lay beneath the calm surface of the lake. She dove too deeply, becoming tangled in a waving kelp bed...by the time she untangled herself, she was running out of air and was completely disoriented. If not for the Naiad who saw her struggles, those may have been the end of her explorations.

She was, of course, grateful for being rescued, but also fascinated by this strange new Pae. She'd never seen anyone like him before, and so, asked if he would mind if she visited again. And so it began. Ceto and Phorcys began spending more and more time together, growing closer in other ways. He fascinated her, something foreign and exotic, little known by those on the land. And she? Well, he seemed reasonably fascinated in the ways of the land and those who lived there. Or at least in Ceto.

However, as much as they enjoyed one another's company, difficulties soon arose that mere infatuation couldn't resolve. Though they had enjoyed their time together, they both agreed that it couldn't last. They were just too different. And so went their separate ways.

Knowing enough of his carefree nature by that point, Ceto never informed Phorcys of her pregnancy.

She shouldered the burden on her own, thinking she could handle it. She didn't realize the troubles that could come with trying to raise a hybrid, a child born between their two worlds that they'd already agreed they could not share. She struggled by as best she could for the child, frequently taking her down to the water's edge to play. Word was that there were many more Naiad in the lake these days. Something about a Queen and a whole temple with a court...nothing like before, when she and Phorcys had been together. Though the temptation of finding out more about this society developing beneath the surface called to her, it also offered Ceto hope. Hope, that they could care for the child better than she.

She could nearly care for herself already, so one day while the child, nearly a teenager by now, was playing in the water...her mother disappeared. She was there when Scylla dove into the water...and gone when she surfaced again. She looked for her...called out...but never found the demon woman who silently cried as she slipped away. Scylla stayed near the water's edge for a long time...hoping that her mother had gotten lost and would find her if she stayed in the same place. No luck...she was on her own now.

((Plot idea: Scylla basically raised herself on the fringe of Naiad society, keeping away due to the odd stares from others. Her father never knew he had a daughter...but now that she's grown, I'd like to see them reunite, him realizing who and what she is, so he can function as her gateway into normal Naiad society.))

She'd heard the murmurs, even from this distance. Preparations for some kind of celebration or something. A time for being thankful for what one had, for family, for companionship, for the blessings of the Waters.

Ha.

"Yes, thankful," she muttered to herself, straightening a bit of coral on the rocky shelf of her humble abode. "Thankful I'm still here. With no help from anyone else. For my little hole in the rock here. That I'm not sharing it with anyone." She huffed, finishing straightening the decoration for what was likely the third time this morning. She swam towards the entrance, dropping down to curl up in the opening and look out over the ocean below. Yes, she was alone, and she was fine with that. Right? And yet...sometimes, she couldn't help but wonder..

"...what it must be like to be like them? With homes and families...places you belong that you didn't carve out of a rock and claim for yourself..."

She sighed, relaxing her tense expression here, where she knew no one could see. No one to judge here. No one to stare. Just her and her thoughts. That's how it was these days.

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Fea Line
Crew

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:23 pm
Pae Name: Inessa
Owner: Fea Line
If Gen 3 or later, are you looking for an earlier generation than Parents? If so, which one? n/a
Strawberri Stardust will be getting the Mother, I'll be taking the Father.
Mother (Naiad): Meredith
Father (Angel): Enoch

"My family.....heh. Where do I even begin?

She was entranced by his feathered differences. He, drawn to her natural beauty and shimmering scales.

A one night stand, a child, and foolish dreams.

I do so love my mother, don't get me wrong. We are best friends, her and I. I could swim the waters forever with her, talking idly as the day passes by. There's not a dull moment when I am with her, she has taught me everything I know. She loves me for me. My differences, my mistakes, my.....temper. But she longs too much for that angel of a man I do so have the misfortune of calling my father. I see the wistful look in her eyes, especially towards the holidays or times when she feels most lonely. Sometimes it makes me feel as if my presence isn't enough for her. I've urged her to seek another male of our...her kind.... but she seems to have eyes only for one.

I don't yet know where he is. I'm not sure I really want to know. I never really knew him. She kept me a secret from him yet told me many things about him. About his supposed kindness, the warmth in his eyes, softness in his words when he spoke. Things I find very hard to believe.... He may be my father, I may harbor some form of love for him, if only on principal, but trust is not something I have for the angel that stole my mother's heart. In fact, I almost wonder if I despise him for it. For stealing her love, leaving her and keeping her waiting. The torment she had to endure alone, putting up with me.

And yet....

If it were not for him, I would not be where I am today. A fact I cannot deny, no matter how many ways I try to look at it.

So maybe... if she could see him one more time, even if just for holiday spirits, there might be some happiness in her eyes this season, and by extension... my own.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:30 pm
Pae Name: Xenia
Owner: Falcona
What Generation are they? 3rd Generation
If Gen 3 or later, are you looking for an earlier generation than Parents? If so, which one? Grandparents
Grandmother, to be owned by Falcona: Glykeria
Grandfather, to be owned by Fea Line: Akram

Xenia was a lot closer to her grandmother than her grandfather, but it did not mean that she loved him any less, it was just that Her grandfather tended to be a little... Well, to put it one way, her grandfather is the opposite of senile. Like her, he is happy go lucky and can do crazy things that get him into trouble. Like a child. Her grandmother wonders why he married him in the first place. Surely something came up before all this bonding business. Xenia will never know. And probably does not want to know...it could probably explain the lack of her own parents in her life. But she is not blaming her grandfather for passing his cheerful genes to her mother. Then again, it is probably why she never saw her mother (and possibly her father) when she was young. Ah, well, no need to dwell on the past, she would say.

Back to her grandparents, Xenia always has fond memories of them. Having been raised by them for most of her life, she always remembered the times when her grandmother would sternly tell her not to touch anything in the chapel. Which if course she didn't listen and one day had climbed up the organ chair and (as a tiny Pae'il) promptly fallen off as she lost her balance. Her wings twinged a little at the thought. But she always knew her grandmother was there for her whenever she had problems, especially when it came to her abilities. The warmth of her grandmother's cooking, or just an embrace was all she needed to let all of her fears and stress melt away.

Her grandfather would be the one to egg her on in her battle to climb the pews of the chapel, or attempt to play the organ. Which brought a smile to her face. It was interesting nonetheless. Her grandfather helped her slowly develop her abilities to what it is today. Back then, she will be burning herself more often than not and her grandfather will be the one to patch her up and bear the pain if her abilities extended to him.

Christmas would be a great time to relive those memories (Her grandmother might argue otherwise) but Xenia missed more that she could ever admit. She sometimes wondered how both of them could tolerate her with her cheerfulness, she will never know. (Her grandmother will probably be the one to tell her reality is not rainbows and bunnies, as compared to her naive nature)

Xenia smiled was she remembered her grandparents fondly. “They mean a lot to me because, well, they raised me since I was a young Pae. " A look of sadness crossed her face. “My abilities I think were what caused my parents to abandon me, or so says my grandmother, so I feel I owe them a lot and it would be great to be able to thank them for all the years raising me as their own"

Falcona

Aged Muse

7,325 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Regular 100

Daisicle

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:59 pm
Pae Name: Hjortur
Owner: Daisicle
What Generation are they? 2
If Gen 3 or later, are you looking for an earlier generation than Parents? If so, which one?
Vera (mother, Aernyn naiad)
Snorri (father, Aernyn naiad)
Right now, I would hold both. I am not against the idea, however, of giving one to someone else; I just need to see them and find someone who would be willing to work with the personalities I already have in mind for them. :3

Oh boy... My family you ask? I hold each of my parents dearly to myself, but there have been many times I have been nothing but a shame to them. It hurts a little, but I think all children grow up to disappoint their parents in some aspect.

Some... just a bit more than others.

Despite all of this, though, they have never fully rejected me. I come and visit them more or less often than they should like (never quite the right amount, naturally), and we speak of our vastly different livelihoods. Recently, though, they have taken a liking to my little girl Pippin. The twins... Well... They shall find out about them soon enough. It was one thing to ask for their help with caring for a grown child of no genetic similarity; their grandchildren, on the other hand... Well... They shall surely not be so kind with their words. There was always such a directness about their desires and displeasures that I somehow wonder how they could stand one another for very long without becoming mad.

They always were very adamant with their wishes for me. The best schooling available, the most wondrous of hobbies and foods... all that they had to give, they gave, and only now am I beginning to understand how selfish I have been in not appreciating their gestures. I mean, I was quite thankful for them and my circumstance, but one never truly understands their parents' motives until one becomes one.

I intend (very) soon this season to show them their grandchildren, for better I sure do hope. I do not expect to get off without a scolding, but I hope they can teach me what to do next.

I have much to learn; they have much to give.

[Edited because I entered as o0_Daisuke_0o]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:46 am
Pae Name: Eleora
Owner: Wolfs Heart
What Generation are they? 2
I would prefer the father to be the unicorn fauny and the mother to be the fae. I would like to determine their names and owners afterwards if possible.

My family is super important to me. My mom and dad raised me and I think they did a pretty good job, so of course they mean the world to me. I struck out on my own to be all grown up, but so far that hasn't gone too well for me. My life may have been fairly sheltered due to circumstances, but I know they were just trying to protect me. Now, family is more important than ever. See, I recently acquired a little birdy creature. And it insists on calling me mama, although it says it in this eerily, creepy voice. Maybe I'm just still freaking out over the party still. I'm not even really its mama, I don't know where it came from.

However, I could really, really, really use my mommy right now. She would know what to do with this thing, she was a great mom... and I feel like I am doing horrible at this. I mean this kid... I love it. I mean you can't not love a kid, but it is really weird. Its probably only weird because I'm doing such a horrible job. And if my mommy was here she would do an amazing job. -deep breath- Not to sell my dad short, because he is cool too, but I'm like really freaking out here and could use my mom.

That is why I wish to be reunited with them now... because I have this child... the fact that its also the holidays makes it even better! Me and mama can make cookies (I bet the birdy would like that), and dad will be there making his funny jokes and singing off-key. I miss them ever-so-much and we always spend the holidays together before. No reason we should stop spending time together just because I'm trying to be a little more independent. My family has just always brought so much light into my life, and things have just felt so dark lately. Surely being reunited will brighten things up!  

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100

sailornorthstar

Generous Giver

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:28 pm
Pae Name: Sugar Crystal
Owner: sailornorthstar
Ferka (father) sailornorthstar
Frost crystal (mother) sailornorthstar

Sugar Crystal did not have to think at all about how important family was to her. "My family I love them very much although I miss my mama and papa. Mama is very pretty and she would always make dolls for me to play with. They were not as pretty as the ones I have now but they were special because they smelled like her. She told me that if I was ever lonely I could hug them and she would feel it were ever she was. I hope it works with these Dolly's also." Sugar crystal hugged her dolls tightly.
"My papa was funny he would always be making up stories and would do the voices of the people when he told them. He was the one who would always do my hair up into puff balls saying that they looked so yummy that way that one day he might eat them up he would then chase me around trying to eat them." Sugar crystal giggled at the memory. "I would love to see them during the holidays mama and papa promised me that when the cold weather came around they would come to check up on me and bring me presents."  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:08 am
Pae Name: Lila
Owner: Shicala
What Generation are they? 1st
Mother: Katarina (Shicala)
Father: Dimitris (Shicala)

Lila smiles with this question, she pulls out some paper and begins to write. 'The holidays are the one time of year I feel it possible to be the closest to my parents, I have loved decorating the christmas tree with mama and papa each year, and last year it felt wrong not to. My parents raised me in the city, and I was very close to them, mama taught me to read lips when i was quite young and between my two parents she is the one I'm closest to, she was the only pae I ever felt to truly and completely understand me, to see and be with her and papa this holiday season especially after the summer adventure I had would truly be a tremendous joy.'  

Shicala

Hungry Animal

Twitchapher the 3rd

Beeping Lunatic

18,840 Points
  • Who's The Boss Now? 300
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Super Converter 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:00 pm
Pae Name: Aquos and Zinerva
Owner: Twitchapher the 3rd
I would be keeping Zoria and give Zinous to someone I deiced on a later date(been busy!)
Zinous(angel) -Father
Zoria(naiad)- Mother

Aquos:

Aquos closed his eyes and though for a moment before speaking. "Family is important because they are with you the longest. They help shape who you are, your memories. Through the good and the bad times, you are bound to them by a force stronger than blood. Their love, your love...Not all families have it this way. Some are broken, like my own. Dad told me how my mother used to sing for me and my sister, how the only way I'd fall asleep was to her voice or the sound of the waves against the shore. I don't remember her voice, too young."

"My father...My father taught me everything I know. He took me all around the island, camping. Taught me how to fish, what was good to eat and how to hunt....Although I always I had a horrible shot." Aquos laughed lightly. "Keep your chin up boy, you'll get it next time...He always told me that no matter how many times I missed." He looked down to his hands for a moment before speaking again. "I could go on forever but when I get down to it...I just want to be with my family again.I really miss my dad...I want to met my mom. I'm scared to, it's hard to know what to say to someone you don't remember but I know when I see her, I'll know what to say...Or I'll just cry. One of the two." Aquos weakly smiled as he thought of the possibilities.

Zinerva:

Zinerva smiled softly. "My mom did her best to raise me right, I can only hope I did her proud. It's hard to be a single parent...It's harder know you love someone you can't see that often because you dry out. I'm not even too sure what to say. Really it's hard to say why your family is important when they do everything for you to make you happy. I know my mother did. That's why she's so important to me, more so, that's why I want to get my whole family together again. She lost so much to make me happy, I want to see her happy again. Her and my dad, together again. It's her time to be happy..."  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:56 pm
Pae Name: Malloren and Yuki
Owner: Tartara_Seabreeze
What Generation are they? (Currently. Please enter current 1st gen Pae'il as 1.) 1
I'd be keeping one, and giving the other to someone else depending on how they turn out.

Oni: (Mother)
Tenshi: (father)

Tartara did a good job raising Yuki and myself, but honestly we've always felt like outcast. We were made fun of as kids, and can feel the stares still as adults. We thought we'd find someone who'd understand us with the new feline race, but they aren't the same...

What my sister is saying is, I guess, is family is somewhere you belong. Something we've never felt. Maybe if we knew where we came from, we wouldn't be quite so alone.  

Tartara Seabreeze

Feral Kitten

11,190 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hunter 50
  • Tycoon 200

Guardian_Iris
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:10 pm
THE HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS EVENT IS OFFICIALLY CLOSED FOR APPLICATIONS

WE WILL BE SELECTING APPLICATIONS SOON!

:[ Graveyard ]: