Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

`Germicide
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:01 am
User Image

Hello. I hope the maker of this guild doesn't mind me starting this thread, but I do believe I was invited here for the reason of starting a possible Sub-Forum about the real 'Charmed ones' as you could call it.

I'd be glad to turn this into a Q&A forum where I will answer questions about the Wiccan faith.

Rules:

1. Be kind and curteous to people
2. Ask away! No question is stupid
3. Please be patient. I'm currently trying to get over family issues so if I don't respond, keep checking back.
4. No bumping. Instead post pictures of either charmed or Wiccan things. This thread is mainly for questions.
5. If you have a problem, Pm me with it.

Note: I only know about Wicca but it is NOT the only religion to do with Witchcraft.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:30 am
*Sigh* Anyone?  

`Germicide
Crew

Blaze1616

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:35 pm
I have this very large "Book of Shadows for the New Generation" by some Silver Raven Wolf, I think her name was. It's very intersting, and has 'spells' and 'potions' with ingredients. I like the book. It also gives background on the Wiccan belief, and whatnot.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:42 pm
Yeah.

I really don't like her theology but she isn't as bad as many people say she is.  

`Germicide
Crew

Starlock

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:23 am
Konomiko92
Yeah.

I really don't like her theology but she isn't as bad as many people say she is.

Agreed. She gets an awful lot of flak from the Neopagan community. Some of it, sure, is deserved. If you want good history, you won't find it in her books. To be fair, you won't find a good history of the Craft in *most* Wicca 101 books, be it Buckland, Grimassi, Cunningham, or other more well-respected authors. I think that some on the community forget the audience she's writing for. Given her target audience, her books are written in a style that's well-suited for that audience. They aren't so great for someone like me who isn't in the ansgty-tennage phase, but they really speak to those who are. whee

Oh, and I see there's a new subforum being created on Wicca. While I do not claim to be Wiccan, lineaged or otherwise, I am relatively knowledgable on the basics of the subject and a bit moreso with general Neopaganism.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:00 am
Ravenwolf is bad for the history part since she just like out right lies about alot of stuff haha. Her books have brough alotof people to the pagan faith though i have to admit i even started out reading her book teenwitch. If you are creating a wiccan subforum i would be glad to help im not wiccan but it is what i started with at first and i do know a good bit on it.  

CoonHillda

Funkcarla8
Crew

Dapper Shopper

1,650 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:46 am
Marie Bruce got me into Wicca and Witchcraft just over a year ago, I know some stuff about wicca but i'm just beginning so i'll help when and where i can. biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:48 pm
I'm not Wiccan, but I practice magick and psionics.

Recently, I've been wondering:

"How does Magick differ from Psionics?"

- They both use energy
- They are capable of controlling the elements
- Both can be used to contact higher powers

So what makes Magick, magick? And what makes psychic abilities, psychic abilities?  

Terg

`Germicide
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:23 pm
Starlock
Konomiko92
Yeah.

Agreed. She gets an awful lot of flak from the Neopagan community. Some of it, sure, is deserved. If you want good history, you won't find it in her books. To be fair, you won't find a good history of the Craft in *most* Wicca 101 books, be it Buckland, Grimassi, Cunningham, or other more well-respected authors. I think that some on the community forget the audience she's writing for. Given her target audience, her books are written in a style that's well-suited for that audience. They aren't so great for someone like me who isn't in the ansgty-tennage phase, but they really speak to those who are. whee

Oh, and I see there's a new subforum being created on Wicca. While I do not claim to be Wiccan, lineaged or otherwise, I am relatively knowledgable on the basics of the subject and a bit moreso with general Neopaganism.

You're gonna laugh >. >;;

The only reason I got a book of hers was for the Spells.

I get lazy and a little non creative when It comes to spells so I like hers.
I flip through her theology >.< and get to the good stuff.

NOTE: I have one spell up in my spell section.
Um please don't comment there but I'll accept a PM or something with what you think. Starlock I look foreward to your comment and opinion of it ^^  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:24 am
I have always been intrested in Wicca and other similar religions but have not had a lot of help on knowing where to start. Any sugestions?  

jennyluver

LadyAnubis

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:24 am
I started out just browsing though the new age section of the local library, doing research. It was bout five months before I actually started practicing.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:30 pm
I am also Wiccan if anyone else is. xd Or Pagan, or any other Magickal related religion.  

Mythological_Maiden

Mythological_Maiden

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:32 pm
Terg
I'm not Wiccan, but I practice magick and psionics.

Recently, I've been wondering:

"How does Magick differ from Psionics?"

- They both use energy
- They are capable of controlling the elements
- Both can be used to contact higher powers

So what makes Magick, magick? And what makes psychic abilities, psychic abilities?

Magick is about knowing the unknown and having a spiritual guide or some sort of animal that tells you what may be right or wrong. Magick also is also to be capable of other powers instead of just pyschosis.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:17 am
Also if you need to see another Guild to learn more about Wicca, come here:

User Image  

Mythological_Maiden

[ Roswell Lover ]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:46 pm
I have been reading books about wiccan stuff. It seems really interseting and I want to be with this. My mom is wiccan she studies it and everything I think it is really cool!  
True Wicca

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff