DarkHayama
Crew

Unforgiving Millionaire

15,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:57 pm
So, I'm sure at some point or another you've done it. Found a way to do something totally overpowered without actually breaking any rules. Or finding a way to make the rules work for you. So, what are some of the best uses or manipulations of the rules you've ever used?  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:49 pm
I've never really taken advantage of rules during the game. I've cheesed out a bit during character creation. Not often though.

There's taking advantage a rule and then there's cheating. If it's under the rules it should be ok if it's done simply to enjoy the game.
Some people I've known have done it to be cheesy and piss off the GM. That I hate.  

FlowersInMidgar

Iomma Sensei
Crew

Dangerous Genius

3,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:38 pm
The rules, I believe, are nothing more than limitations to what a character can do at a certain level. However, there are always ways around these rules. Like Healers, for example. I'm not talking about the class "Healer", they can never be as good of a Healer as I can make a Cleric. Anyway, under the spontaneous casting clerics option (who cast spells like a sorcerer), there's an option that states that you can use d12's instead of d8's for your healing dice. Then, with the Healer's Benediction Feat (Relics and Rituals 2), you can sack a daily turning attempt to max out a healing spell. Has some rules that have to deal with Charisma and how many dice you can max in a spell by level, but the character I use for that has an insanely high Charisma already. So, poke, you're healed.

Or...<.< >.>, my trade secret >:} . But, as much as I love the infinite spells per day character, I'm afraid that I cannot reveal the information as to how she gets an "Infinite" spell per day. It's all within the rules they presented in the Unearthed Arcana (fine, it deals with mp, that's all I'm gonna tell you ><), and with a little DM "yessing", it is possible at lv. 1 instead of Lv.3.

What a nifty topic to bring up, I have years of experience with loopholes and bending rules.

Want a Dwarf that can really hold his ground? Or an Elf that can win any drinking contest, guaranteed? A Halfing with a +15 Fort? An unseeable Goblin? A +11 to your AT with a throwing knife? All of these and more...at first level <.<  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:52 pm
Oooh, there's many I know how to do, but I've never done.  

Velris the Blade

twilightwyrm

Quotable Hunter

7,200 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:37 pm
Someone said to polymoph your rogue into a twelve-headed hydra and cast greated invisability on it. twelve sneak attacks in one attack.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:56 pm
I heard of a nifty rule-bender. It's called "master juggler." What you do is start with a level one halfling rogue. Then you equip them with halfling throwing balls, and max out their cross-class perform check for the balls.(if you roll a high enough perform, you get two attacks) Then, take the feats improved and greater two weapon fighting, weapon expertise(balls), double attack, and a few others I can't remember. To help with feats, take some levels as fighter.(7/3 ratio, if I remember) Finally, when you're level ten, take the prestige class "master thrower." Finally, you get your balls to be returning and you can deal up to 400-something damage per attack.  

blakat1313

Iomma Sensei
Crew

Dangerous Genius

3,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:46 pm
...or you can get 164 attacks with a Thri-Kreen Monk/Fighter/Dervish ^^...  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:12 pm
When dealing with core material, manipulation of the rules becomes a bit diffulcult.

Its when you branch out into the poorly worded and vaguely defined things in other sources that manipulation becomes paramount.

Also in my view there is manipulating the rules, making them work to your favor, then there are things like Pun Pun, which by the most literal definations follow the rules but destroy the spirit in which the rules were made.  

AsuraTheDrunk

Omnipresent Gaian

10,750 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Signature Look 250

Iomma Sensei
Crew

Dangerous Genius

3,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:20 pm
...Or a Kobold with an armor class of 36...at first level...  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:57 am
Iomma Sensei
The rules, I believe, are nothing more than limitations to what a character can do at a certain level. However, there are always ways around these rules. Like Healers, for example. I'm not talking about the class "Healer", they can never be as good of a Healer as I can make a Cleric. Anyway, under the spontaneous casting clerics option (who cast spells like a sorcerer), there's an option that states that you can use d12's instead of d8's for your healing dice. Then, with the Healer's Benediction Feat (Relics and Rituals 2), you can sack a daily turning attempt to max out a healing spell. Has some rules that have to deal with Charisma and how many dice you can max in a spell by level, but the character I use for that has an insanely high Charisma already. So, poke, you're healed.

Or...<.< >.>, my trade secret >:} . But, as much as I love the infinite spells per day character, I'm afraid that I cannot reveal the information as to how she gets an "Infinite" spell per day. It's all within the rules they presented in the Unearthed Arcana (fine, it deals with mp, that's all I'm gonna tell you ><), and with a little DM "yessing", it is possible at lv. 1 instead of Lv.3.

What a nifty topic to bring up, I have years of experience with loopholes and bending rules.

Want a Dwarf that can really hold his ground? Or an Elf that can win any drinking contest, guaranteed? A Halfing with a +15 Fort? An unseeable Goblin? A +11 to your AT with a throwing knife? All of these and more...at first level <.<

Oooh Oooh!
I use throwing knives!

Tainted Deity

DJ Ducki

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:20 pm
Pixie rogue/ninja/any class with a sneak attack ability = auto hit sneak attacks, sudden strikes, or anything of that nature due to the natural greater invisibility = ow >.>;

Or having a monk / Spellcaster that uses damaging spells to punch and cast spells into people's guts. It may not seem like much, but pretty much my ideal for it is that casting a touch attack spell (ranged or normal) after an unarmed strike would allow it to automaticly hit, as you've already made contact with an attack. Imagine getting hit then just as a kick in the a**, getting a Disintegrate spell into your gut, automaticly hitting.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:40 pm
Tainted Deity
Iomma Sensei

Oooh Oooh!
I use throwing knives!

Then be a Halfing ^^...  

Iomma Sensei
Crew

Dangerous Genius

3,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Iomma Sensei
Crew

Dangerous Genius

3,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:41 pm
...or an Barbarian that does 3d6+14 dmg, while not in rage, at 1st lv....  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:03 am
How about a Golith that that does 40+ damg on sunder and a 27 atack roll to do so without magic on his weapon.  

Norebo

Iomma Sensei
Crew

Dangerous Genius

3,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:05 pm
...Or an Evoker that has a caster level of five at first level...  
The Drunken Dwarf Tavern

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff