Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gathering of Adult Friends

Back to Guilds

A place for the old folks to hang out and chat about anything and everything. 

Tags: adult, friends, eighteen, discussion, adults 

Reply Gathering of Adult Friends
This or That game :) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 46 47 48 49 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Submit

What did one ghost say to the other ghost?
  "Do you believe in people?"
  D'oh! *slaps forehead*
View Results

Whiskey Sunshine

Dapper Gekko

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:29 am
Biiii-cycle, Biiiii-cycle! I love to ride my bicycle, I love to ride my biiiike... *trails off* Oh, uh, hybrid. Efficiency and cleanliness is priority for us po' folk.

A twenty-four hour fast or three days with no sleep? In this case, a fast being no food, no water, or anything at all.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:41 pm
The fast, definitely. I do it every year for Yom Kippur anyway, and from time to time when I feel bloated.

Art class: painting (anything 2-D) or sculpture (anything 3-D)?

Lycanthropos

Partying Reveler

Nocturnal Coffee Maker

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:07 pm
painting. I'm not an artist, but I find it soothing when I have the time.

Forgive your enemies or seek revenge?  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:55 am
Revenge!

I am a very optimistic person, and if the person has done something to earn the title of an 'enemy', something like: purposely setting me on fire, sabotaging my car etc. (all has happened) they deserve revenege.

Though being happy, perky me... Revenge would be me tripping them, or calling the police...

There is a building going up in flames, You only have time to break down the one of the two doors. Behind door number one holds five strangers. Behind door number two holds one sibling or family member.
Who do you save?

WhitePrinceOfWonderland

Blessed Guildsman

8,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500

Lycanthropos

Partying Reveler

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:21 am
“On this home by horror haunted--tell me truly, I implore:"

It depends on who the people/family are, but assuming they're all good people, the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. Unless it's my wife or child... they outweigh everyone.

You have been looking for work for ages and are desperate, no job soon and you will be on the street. You get two job offers:
a. 100K/year and you have to live in a deserted dying town with no culture, and the closest cultural city is a 6 hour drive. And you only get off Sundays and 1 week vacation. But the cost of living is cheap and your money will go far.
b. 25K/year and you live in a cultural urban paradise on the coast with gorgeous weather. You get off half-days on Friday & the weekend, and three weeks vacation. But the cost of living is Astronomical and your money barely pays your bills. The best you can afford is a single room, shared bathroom, and a 1/2 walk to the bus stop because you can't afford a car.
Pick one.

"Quoth the raven, 'Nevermore'."
- Edgar Allen Poe

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 8:31 am
You would be surprised at how little you can sacrifice to earn your freedom in the end. I'd take the well paying job. I'm used to exhaustion and being alone in a dead place; hell, the only thing that doesn't apply is that I only make $13k a year. And I don't get any vacation time until after October. *sighs* But seriously. cut costs at all cost in that situation, and after a few years you suddenly have a few hundred thousand dollars to do what really want to. I could handle that.

After living away from home for a few years (say, in another state or province) and not paying much attention to events from your home, you get a phone call from a friend you had not spoken to in months, not having much reason to. Well, you missed the call, and so put off the voice mail for a day or two before finally getting to it. The first thing you can hear is your friend, speaking slowly, with a shaky voice, delivering the news that a mutual friend with whom you had a bit of a falling out with had committed suicide. You're not sure how you feel right off. After a few hours of emotionless thought, you've come to one conclusion: With work and other obligations here, you have two options: Lose a substantial amount of money and time that you desperately need to return home and attend the funeral, an emotionally distressing time for everyone involved, or not return any calls and simply send some way of expressing your condolences before continuing on as you had before.  

Whiskey Sunshine

Dapper Gekko

Lycanthropos

Partying Reveler

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 9:02 am

Point one: I only go to funerals of people I'm intimately close with. (platonic or otherwise)
Point two: I don't do suicide funerals. (for reasons I'm not getting into)
I would bypass the event and anything associated with it to the best of my ability.

a. Smoke, drink, ravage your body...and you look gorgeous! Everyone wants you. You will have a premature death that might be pretty painful.
b. Quit smoking & drinking, eat healthfully, but you balloon up anyway and get cankles. No one wants you but you've added 15 years to your life.
Which do you chose?

- Edgar Allen Poe

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 3:48 am
Considering I dont really enjoy smoking/smokers.... I'm gonna have to say not smoking.
Especially since my body doesnt hold that much body fat, for weird medical reasons. I'll take that rode! smilies/icon_smile.gif
No really, I have only 4-6% body fat... I scared my doctors and PE teachers... The PE teacher was teaching about it, and we were all having our body fat percentages, and she said its impossible to have under 5% and I had 4% at the time ^^

But all in all, I would go that route. I know the world isnt completely vain, and I would find someone.

Have Insomnia, or be Narcoleptic?
(Insomnia causes you to get very little sleep, and Narcolepsy causes you to fall asleep instantly at any time, incase you didnt know)  

WhitePrinceOfWonderland

Blessed Guildsman

8,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500

Lycanthropos

Partying Reveler

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 3:35 pm
My best friend from childhood lives on candy bars and 100% refined sugar and has almost no fat. I've always envied him that.

I've had long bouts of insomnia and they suck, but narcolepsy would suck worse. Anything that makes me give up driving I'm going to pass on, so a resounding 'no' to narcolepsy.

Your 9 year old daughter is at sleep-away camp for the first time. She's never been to a sleep over, but is friends with a few girls from the neighborhood who recommended the place, so she's not going to be alone (by far). It's a 2 week camp and she calls a week in begging to come home. 'All the girls hate me!' she exclaims. There's been no physical violence and you doubt they all hate her. Do you go get her or have her stick out the second week?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:24 pm
Ahh tough. I'm going to have to let her tough it out one last week. She's already halfway done. I'd like to hope she will be a stronger person as a result of this hardship. Plus I probably spent money on it to begin with, I'd hate for it to go to waste. And since it doesn't seem like she's in any direct threat, I think it will be ok.

Choose a set number of years to time travel through.
Do you choose to travel that many years back in time to your past for a day to relive a moment/change something to affect your present -OR- travel that many years into the future for a day so as to gain insight as to what's coming and be better prepared for it when you return to the present?

Kieran CaWell

Durem Citizen

5,850 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Medalist 100
  • Invisibility 100

Endrael
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:44 am
Being a mad prophet is appealing. emotion_smilies/icon_yatta.gif

You have been picked up by the Video Game Gods to become a video game character. However, you will not be the PC. You may choose to be A) a background character such as a peasant, shop keeper, or quest giver, in which role you are almost certainly doomed to be found dead later in the game or in a follow up expansion pack, but at any rate are only important temporarily or B) one of the antagonists, whose defeat is certain.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:29 am

I'd be the antagonist. I can enjoy high status and then go out in a blaze of glory.

During a business transaction the person you are dealing with suddenly becomes aggressive, accuses you of being dishonest, and threatens to have you removed from their establishment if you do not leave. It's a misunderstanding, but the other person will not even give you the opportunity to talk or ask a question that can clear things up. It is in your realm of influence to cause them to lose customers. Do you:
a) leave, brush it off and never go back because you don't want to spend any more energy on this person?; or
b) use your influence & cause them to lose some business because you can and it will give you satisfaction?

- Edgar Allen Poe

Lycanthropos

Partying Reveler

Kieran CaWell

Durem Citizen

5,850 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Medalist 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:40 am
It seems this was done in public, and I was shamed or humiliated. That can't do. I'm going to use my influence against him. Unfortunately for him, I'm the vengeful type.

Think about your favorite animal. Any animal.
Access to the internet is now impossible for you. You have been given a choice. Kill the animal to get internet access back, or let it live but remain internet-less for the rest of your life.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:38 am

I lived most of my life without the Internet and can do so again. I've thought about giving it up, but alas the best I do is lower my usage as the 'net is handy for paying bills, shopping & research. It would probably benefit me to get my arse off it. (although I would truly miss the encyclopedic aspect the 'net offers) My wife & kid can look stuff up for me. Meh. I'd go without the 'net. I'm not going to kill my pet for Internet access when I'm surrounded by people who can take over the responsibilities I've been carrying out via Internet.

OK, a light easy one. You can easily afford either, which do you pick:
1) an exotic extravagant car? (Maserati, Lamborghini, Ferrari, Rolls, Bentley, etc.)
2) a down to earth electric or hybrid that reduces your carbon footprint and is eco-friendly?

- Edgar Allen Poe

Lycanthropos

Partying Reveler

Kieran CaWell

Durem Citizen

5,850 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Medalist 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:06 pm
Admirable answer, woof.

Without a doubt, the earth friendly vehicle is my choice. If I had enough money to afford the fancier cars, I'd even see about installing solar panels in my home with any of the remaining money.

It's your birthday! Do you throw a party, inviting all of your friends, family, coworkers, and even some acquaintances OR do you limit it to a small group made up of your closest friends and family?

Gathering of Adult Friends

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 46 47 48 49 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games