DarkHayama
Crew

Unforgiving Millionaire

15,100 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:24 pm
So, in the spirit of the the guild's name, does anyone have any stories involving their characters drinking too much ale? I haven't had any experiances where we made a character play drunk, but we have had characters pass out. But, I think it could be interesting to have the drunk halfling in the back, causing all kinds of trouble that the half orc fighter ends up having to clean up, or whatever heh. So, if you have any stories like that, let's hear them.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:00 am
Hehe, here's one.

I have a half elf ranger. He fights like a girl, but he's an excellent shot.

For his birthday one year, the rest of the party took him to the local tavern for a few drinks to celebrate. In the spirit of the occasion, different party members kept buying him drinks, until the party leader, who hadn't had a drink all night since he's a paladin and abstains from alcohol (among other things... *cough*sexually frustrated*cough*) decided to speak up and say my character had had enough. By this point he was plastered, and I decided that he gets very giggly when he's drunk.

The rest of the party thought it was hilarious, but poor Sage wasn't extremely happy to wake up the next morning and find out that he'd been signed up to perform as a mime =P

Somehow mime seemed much more fun when he was three sheets to the wind.

Edit: same guy in the tavern. Damn, he's an idiot. I'm waiting for one of these girls to hit him.  

Little Green Soldier
Vice Captain

Iomma Sensei
Crew

3,100 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:33 pm
My characters drink a lot whenever I get the chance to play them, once, a mage I had had a little spellcasting accident and blew up a town...

...<.< Anyway, staying away from the Epic Level Drunk. Down to earth with lower levels. I have a Warforged Warrior (Generic, not NPC) who is immune to poison, and thus, alcohol. Usually, whilst the rest of the party was in the bar getting plastered to the wall, they use my character as sort of a "designated driver" so-to-speak. After they passed out, I was to take them to the nearest Inn, pay for their stay, and watch their crap 'till they woke up two days later with a tremendous hangover. One adventure, I decide not to do that. Instead, I hide them in empty barrels of ale, take all their money, and go and solve all the problems that certian town had. By the time they broke out of the barrels (which took a while for their Wisdom and Dexterity to come back up to normal), I had already:

1. Talked to every damn person in the town to find out what's up.
2. Killed every baddie (and a few Guards ^^), that even resisted me.
3. Took down the Boss by myself (which was designed for the whole party to work together against. But I had all their crap and the DM realized that it wasn't the characters, it was their equiptment that mattered).
4. Collected the rewards and was proclamed this town's hero.
5. Was planning my escape into the next town.

But they found me, I gave back all their crap (all in terrible condition, sorry Beligmum smilies/icon_sweatdrop.gif ), and went off.

Moral: Don't pass out while drinking around me. I'll either rob you of everything you own (clothing included), or go do things on my lonesome. Not that I don't like drinking, I like it when other players drink. Makes the game that much more fun smilies/icon_twisted.gif .  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:25 pm
Using the same character as in the Tavern:

It'kth's water elemental heritage had just manifested itself, so, once we got to the next town, I had him spend around 300 gold drinking himself into a stupor. Now, the DM and myself had decided that when he was completely unconsious (i.e. not in control of his mental faculties), his heat aura would stop being supresses by the arm wraps (mentioned in Tavern). So, he's out cold and setting a bar on fire at the same time...

Anyway, the halfling monk was out praying and passes by the bar to see the owner chuck me out with a pair of tongs. Unable to grab me, he hooks his javelin to my tunic and drags me all the way to the inn. When I finally come to, the DM has me make two Fort saves; I fail the first but make the second. So, my character spews flaming vomit onto the (stone) floor, but doesn't choke on it as it comes out. (that was the second save).

I think that I tried to hug the halfling afterwards before he knocked me out again with the javelin.  

Makiru Koritaigo

Little Green Soldier
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:51 pm
Oh man, that totally pwns my mime story.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:17 pm
weeeell I once upon a time had a very interesting character.

He drank...alot, he drank almost constantly, though thanks to his uncanny fort save(after about a dozen sessions the DM bestowed upon him the ability to avoid being drunk unless he wanted to be) he never really got "drunk" just hovered in the buzzed area, vision swimming, etc etc.

Anyway like I said he drank near constantly, he fought one handed so he could drink during his initiative, anyway lets shift focus to another party member. 5 INT, couldnt speak properly just REALLY REALLY dumb, also very good hearted, also VERY VERY strong.

Anyway some bad stuff was going down and my character was a bit out of it and consequently hadnt had a drink in quite awhile. Now to our dumb friend, I'm always happy and always drinking, so he connects that drinking will make me happy. Cue grapple check...next thing I know I'm rolling fort saves to avoid drowning in my everful mug of ale(which has been shoved down my throat))

ah good time good times  

AsuraTheDrunk

Omnipresent Gaian

9,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Signature Look 250

GS Sailor Saturn
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:37 pm
Wow, some interesting stories!
As much as I'd like to share an interesting tale of a time Alässe got drunk: I can't. Aside from the fact that she isn't really old enough to be having much alcohol, she's smart enough to realise that alcohol and fire don't mix. And she likes fire spells. A lot.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:18 pm
I find that a tad ironic considering my story, when my character is pretty much living fire.

How much worse is that?  

Makiru Koritaigo

DarkHayama
Crew

Unforgiving Millionaire

15,100 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:32 pm
Alcohol and Fire mix great. How else are you going to make a moltov cocktail?  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:44 pm
DarkHayama Wrote:

Hehe, that reminds me of the time the party I was in got captured. We had no weapons, but the guard we knocked out had a bottle of rum on him, so we just splashed it on enemies and had the sorceress set them on fire. They went up like dry Christmas trees.

I loved that guy, he gave us extra exp for being creative.  

Little Green Soldier
Vice Captain

AsuraTheDrunk

Omnipresent Gaian

9,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:18 pm
speaking of fire, imagine this concoction.

A medium sized tavern, a air elemental whirlwinding. Now my character being the pyro he is decides to toss some oil flasks about and set some fires, fun fun. Anyway he eventually tosses one at the elemetal.

Whirlwind -> oil whirlwind

now this is getting interesting, he decided to add some alchemists fire to the mix

oil whirlwind + fire = fire tornado smilies/icon_biggrin.gif

needless to say the tavern did not fare well  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:09 pm
I used to play a Drow fighter, lawful evil, in a party of lovable idiots.

They'd cause mayhem in the tavern, and he'd just sit quietly with his tea while flaming bits of roof came down around him.

You have to imagine it like an anime scene to get the full comedic impact...

1: I cast Magic Missle at that jerk who pinched my a**!
2: NOT IN THE TAVERN! OUTSIDE! OUTSIDE!
3: GAH *rolling dexterity to dodge projectiles*
Me: I hate you all... More tea, if you please.  

Little Green Soldier
Vice Captain

Makiru Koritaigo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:11 pm
DarkHayama Wrote:

I'll need to remember that if I ever get to play that game again.

me: "I'm going to spit the alcohol across my arm."
artificer: "Crap, he's got a breath weapon now."
monk/rogue(soon to be drunken master): "You took my idea!"  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:28 pm
There was this one time, where I was DMing a campaign (I allways DM ><), and in the campaign...was a CE Cleric. First thing he does, is find a tavern. He breaks the back window, lights a torch, and fails to land the torch on the barrels of ale with a good toss. So he sighs, walks around to the front, rolls a freaking 20 on a Hide check to remain "unnoticed", another 20 on his Move Silently check to jump over the counter (the patronss were rolling 4's, I took into accout that alchohol drops you wisdom), walks into the back room, and catches the damn place on fire. The local mages put it out three hours later, much after the Cleric took a few kids hostage (rolling 20's on Diplomacy checks and grapple checks and his Use Rope check to bind them up)...

...I really hated that Cleric, much more than the Halfing Bard with ADHD (same campaign).  

Iomma Sensei
Crew

3,100 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100

Fiver

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:05 pm
I would have questioned that die. <.< That many 20's seems a little far-fetched.

My drunken character stories... I have a few.

Near when I was beginning to play D&D, I had an evil Invoker. There was also an annoying fire lizard in the party who was constantly accusing him of being gay. Now, this wizard happened to walk into a bar only to later discover that it was a gay bar.

Another man pinched his butt.

He cast Flaming Hands.

He walked out. The tavern didn't last long.  
The Drunken Dwarf Tavern

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games