DarkHayama
Crew

Unforgiving Millionaire

15,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:09 am
This is an idea I got from someone in a different guild, and I liked it enough that it will be a main topic in my forum. Or maybe, if people use it. It's just an RP thread that's nothing but a tavern. You can use any and all characters you want, of any level. Fighting is okay to some extent, but please try not to destroy the thread.

A few details. The tavern has rooms for sleeping upstairs, and is a typical tavern downstairs. Things are made of wood. The owner and part time bartender is Gurni Holderhek, a retired adventurer. You can try to fight him if you want, but he's an epic level fighte/monkr. I will create a character sheet if need be. But you won't like it, I assure you. There is also a Half Orc bouncer, an ally of Gurni's. He doesn't talk, and you can tell he's not the brightest (or best smelling), but he is good for keeping trouble out.

Obviously, interation is encouraged, but anything that leaves the tavern is no longer roleplayed in this thread. And as always, keep to the Gaia TOS.

*Edit* I wanted to give credit to the user who made a tavern thread like this, and is the reason I got the idea. Velris the Blade made a thread like this in a different guild, so I should give him props for the idea.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:59 am
Val walks into the tavern and heads towards the bar. One mug of ale please.
(Heres his sheet if ou have any questions, Val)  

SAR101

DarkHayama
Crew

Unforgiving Millionaire

15,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:04 pm
The large, muscular Dwarf looks up from the glass he's cleaning, his head bald and his beard long and grey, with braids on either side. He gives a smile, which seems to be mismatched with his cold, scared face, as he grabs a mug from behind the bar and fills it with the amber liquid, and hands it over the bar to you. "There ya go lad, first drink's on the house"  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:11 pm
Thankyou lord Dwarf, nice little tavern you have here. Val looks around the tavern as he sips the ale slowly. Bt you lack entertainment, or so it seems at the moment.  

SAR101

DarkHayama
Crew

Unforgiving Millionaire

15,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:16 pm
Gurni looks around at the mostly empty tavern. "Aye, but it's early. We get bards in here every now and then, and I'm always willin' to pay the lads or lasses for some entertainment. I find it better to than hiring someone specific, as it gives both variety, and the chance for some unexperianced adventurers to pick up a little coin."  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:26 pm
That does make some sense, if you can't find any body for tonight I'll be glad to help out. Val said smiling at the dwarf. A bladesinger is always ready to perform in the time of need.
( Ah it feels good to play ol' Val again, been a while since I was able to be my first character )  

SAR101

DarkHayama
Crew

Unforgiving Millionaire

15,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:34 pm
"Aye, if we get a large crowd, I'd be glad to hire ya. I pay based on how much ya please the crowd, with a minimum of 300 gold for the night and a maximum of a platinum peice. Ya also get free drinks, and a free meal, and any tips that you may get."Gurni walks to the other end of the bar to put the glass he was cleaning away, then walks over and sets out a few bowls of salted nuts. Then, he points to the western wall, where the claw of a red dragon hangs. "I'll give ya another mug free if ya can guess the age that dragon was ba'fore we slayed the bugger"  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:57 pm
"Not old enough, it seems."A figure wrapped with a pitch black cloak steps from the shadows in a cobwebbed corner of the room.. A hood conceals the figure's face in shadow. The voice seemed male, a little cynical, and almost musical in nature.  

Velris the Blade

DarkHayama
Crew

Unforgiving Millionaire

15,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:02 pm
Gurni turns to look at the newcommer. "Aye, apparently not. This one was about 1,300 years old, by our best calculations. So, what can I get for ya? First drink's on the house."  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:11 pm
"I'll have some rum if you have it." The figure sits at the bar and pulls back his hood, revealing the face of a heavily-scarred elf with pale skin, violet eyes, and spiky black hair. A recent cut travels along his right cheek, and dried blood cakes the skin around it.  

Velris the Blade

DarkHayama
Crew

Unforgiving Millionaire

15,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:18 pm
The dwarf turns and grabs a bottle from the shelf behind him, then turns back around and grabs a small glass "Ah, rum. It's nice to see an elf that strays from that weak stuff. I've got practically anything you can imagine. I've travelled much in my life, and after defeating that there dragon, it certainly paid off." He chuckles a little, indicating he was mostly joking, he pours some rum into the glass and hands it over. "Here ya go, enjoy."  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:16 am
"What's this about a dragon?" The too cheerful inquiry comes from a tall ranger just striding through the door."I hate picking up the tail end of a conversation, means I've just missed it, am I right?" His softly pointed ears reveal elf blood, but certainly no more than half. He wears a quiver of arrows and a bow easily, although he seems not to care that he has them either way.  

Little Green Soldier
Vice Captain

DarkHayama
Crew

Unforgiving Millionaire

15,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:03 am
Gurni turns to look towards the ranger, then nods towards the large dragon's claw hanging on the wall. The colour of the claw makes it very obvious the type of dragon, and by it's immense size, you can eaisly tell it was no baby."Aye, but I don't mind repeatin'. But first, how's about a drink? First one's on the house."  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:34 am
Not long after this latest arrival, the door opened again and in came another person. Dressed in black leather armour, with what looked like a robe and a quarterstaff with one charred end the woman was barely over 5 feet tall, with tanned brow skin, sun-bleached blonde hair and the trademark ears of an elf. Though the skin colour wasn't one normally found on elves.

"Hiya! What've you got? Do you serve food?" Her voice was high and perky, suggesting that this particular adventurer was pretty young, or as young as an elf can be, at any rate. She hadn't seen the claw yet, it seemed.  

GS Sailor Saturn
Crew

DJ Ducki

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:04 am
"Sounds great, I'm parched from the long journey here, Master Dwarf. Sorry if my coming was one of a major inconvience"

From across the room enters in a fairly radiant figure. Dressed in simple clothes with a hood over her head, which she promptly removed, showing the face of a beautiful Elven Female. She stood a meager 4'8", slim figure, long blonde hair, deep blue eyes, corellon's symbol adorning her forehead, as well as a noting feature of her, the wings upon her back. Upon her back was a truely amazing sight, her left wing feathery, like an angels and her right wing leathery and spiked, like a demons. she wandered over towards the bar and sat down, hoping that her presense wouldn't stir any misfeelings towards her.

(Yay for my Avatar, I always thought of a Winged Elven creature and she's my creation Mitsuki-chan, Angelic Muse of Corellon)  
The Drunken Dwarf Tavern

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 33 34 35 36 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff