Reply *~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild
For the Moderators of this Guild Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Silent Expressor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:15 pm
For awhile I was a member of this Guild, but I quickly got disgusted on how things are run. Threads are locked for speaking out against homosexuality, people are told to be quiet when speaking out against witchcraft. Every day this Guild becomes more and more secular and the worst part of it all is that the moderators are allowing it to happen. I am not speaking out against every one of the moderators. I know that there are a few of you who are doing your best to keep things running the way a Christian Guild should be run. I realize I am probabally going to be flamed and possibly even banned for this thread, But I dont care. The moderators need to take a careful look at their Bibles and at least try to get this Guild back to a Christian Thread. I was under the impression that this was a Christian Guild not just another chatterbox forum.

Thank You
Silent Expressor  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:01 pm
Well as I'm the only moderator that's still active these days (though I'm not entirely sure why I'm still active, in truth), I guess I'll have to answer you.

1: Threads are not locked for speaking out against homosexuality; they are locked for redundancy. You'll notice that the homosexuality thread in the debate forum has quite a few anti-homosexual sentiments posted to it, and no-one has yet locked it.
2: No, people (i.e. you) have been told that they are wrong to equate certain books with witchcraft. But that's what happens in a debate forum: people disagree. The members of this guild do not represent an ideological monolith, and I'd thank you to remember that.
3: The guild has not become secular just because it doesn't pander to your biases. True, the guild has in many ways been steered toward a more liberal, ecumenical sort of Christianity, but that is not the same as it being 'secular'.

Now of course you're not going to get banned for criticizing the moderators. Do bear in mind, though, that we don't necessarily care. As I said, the guild isn't here to pander to your interpretation of Christianity specifically. Get over it.  

Tarrou

Silent Expressor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:43 pm
Im not saying that the guild has become secular because of my interpretation of the Bible and Christianity, and if you look around I am not the only person that feels this way. This guild has steered more toward the world than any other christian guild that I have visited. Which there is a problem with, because we as christians are told to be different from the world  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:56 pm
Tangled Up In Blue
True, the guild has in many ways been steered toward a more liberal, ecumenical sort of Christianity, but that is not the same as it being 'secular'.
Liberal "ecumenical" Christianity is secularism. Look at the Episcopalians, they can't even admit that Jesus Christ is the only name by which you can be saved.  

fantrl

Silent Expressor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:09 pm
fantrl
Tangled Up In Blue
True, the guild has in many ways been steered toward a more liberal, ecumenical sort of Christianity, but that is not the same as it being 'secular'.
Liberal "ecumenical" Christianity is secularism. Look at the Episcopalians, they can't even admit that Jesus Christ is the only name by which you can be saved.
Unfortunately lately Christianity itself has been starting to steer in the direction that this guild has taken.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:12 pm
fantrl
Tangled Up In Blue

Same with the UCC. Recognizing Gay marriage nd the beliefe that Jesus is not the only way to get to heaven  

Spartan1989

Seority

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:44 pm
-x> ^^'

Well this definetly isnt your run-of-the-mill, grandmas-prayers Christianity any more. Also, we have quite a few atheists protesting their thoughts. I like it. I like to hear the other side of the story. Even though I 99% of the time disagree, I have gained knowledge through that. Tangled up in Blue is nice enough to let everyone speak their minds, even though he's an atheist himself.
~Ex.Kin.Fin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:18 am
And how, pray tell, would you run a Christian guild? I'm something of a benighted heathen myself, so clearly my competence rating is somewhere south of 'baboon'. Would you have me start censoring everything to the theological left of Messieurs Robertson and Falwell just because it would be the proper 'Christian' thing to do? I rather like allowing our members their freedom of conscience, but if you think that it would be more Christian to crack down on those dirty liberal types, then by all means speak up.  

Tarrou

fantrl

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 6:09 am
Tangled Up In Blue
And how, pray tell, would you run a Christian guild? I'm something of a benighted heathen myself, so clearly my competence rating is somewhere south of 'baboon'. Would you have me start censoring everything to the theological left of Messieurs Robertson and Falwell just because it would be the proper 'Christian' thing to do? I rather like allowing our members their freedom of conscience, but if you think that it would be more Christian to crack down on those dirty liberal types, then by all means speak up.
I think the real issue is that people are perceiving orthodox Christianity being censored, and liberal Christianity being accepted by the mods. No one wants to censor alternate views, but we all want the equal opportunity to do so.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:23 am
To censor is to remove. Last I checked, no-one is deleting the opinions of conservative Christians—some people just happen not to agree with them. I'm sorry that you don't like having to deal with people who don't already accept your worldview, but that's just tough.

This, by the way, is my definitive position on the matter.  

Tarrou

Ablazed
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:36 am
One of the things that disheartens me about Christians more than anything else is the fact that the entire "open arms" aspect of Christ's life has been completely ignored in favor of being judgemental and condemning. This guild was intended to operate on the notion of being open and welcoming to all walks of life, to acknowledge that all human beings are equally valued, and to live on the principles presented by Jesus Himself.

The bottom line is that this guild is meant to generate thought and growth in faith. Actually being surpressive would be to disallow any opinions that differed from my own concept of Christianity, which obviously hasn't happened. It's a little odd that you think that the moderators (which really is only Blue and I've just recently started coming around again) are surpressive, when we really just want to maintain some level of control.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 5:29 pm
I left this guild because of some of the things that were said. I do agree the mods are human. I have made mistakes as a mod in my guild but I am willing to admit human mistakes.  

rftkfan

ioioouiouiouio

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:00 pm
Pretty much, everyone here is allowed to speak their mind, whatever that may be (the obvious limitations being Gaia's TOS and the guild rules). Fortunatly for me (and all my fellow debaters), everyone also is allowed to dispute the beliefs of others.

Besides, while I may think it's a little sad that a Christian guild is basically being run by non-christians (I say this in that the only active moderator is Tangled), I think it's even sadder that I don't think many Christians here could do a better job at keeping this guild fair towards all beliefs. Think about that next time you want to complain about guild management.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:04 pm
Okay...interjection time....

Keep in mind to EVERYONE that no matter WHAT guild you attend, there will ALWAYS BE A DISAGREEMENT.

Doesn't matter what topic or what thread, there will always be an opposite view.

Even if this guild was ENTIRELY christian with ONLY christians, people debate about christian beliefs because there is different off branch christianities.

For those who are NEW to this guild, the guild used to be run where threads were locked left and right....its way more open then it used to be and i find it actually ENJOYABLE that even athiests are here because they share views OTHER than my own, even if i dont agree with them, i learn something new each time i debate with them, whether they be athiest or some other religion.

So yeah, get over it. So what if Tangled Blue is athiest and runs a christian guild? He's one of the most open minded athiests ive ever met and a darn good guild moderator and an intelligent debator (no exageration).

And as he said, he's one of the FEW active moderators around, so lighten up. Credit is where credit is due.

Threads get repeated WAAAAY too often. Too many Homosexuality threads, too many abortion threads....etc etc....thats why threads get locked as Tangled said. I'm glad redundant theards are locked cuz I'm sick of seeing the same thing over and over.

And as was said earlier, Christians shouldnt just be subjected to other christian views, we have to be open minded to other's beliefs as well. Jesus loves everyone, why can't you?  

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

tarah_titan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 4:39 am
rftkfan
I left this guild because of some of the things that were said. I do agree the mods are human. I have made mistakes as a mod in my guild but I am willing to admit human mistakes.
and belive me rftk has made some biggie. just kidding rftk don't get mad  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces