Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Back to Guilds

Reply Debate and Discussion
Much of the Religous right has gone too far... Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jubel

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:35 am
The Religious Right has gone too far, IMO. When people like Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell become the unofficial spokesmen for Evangelicals and Fundamentalists... that's going too far. When Christians blindly defend every action and every decision of President Bush... it's gone too far. When the devastation wrought by Katrina is claimed to be God's judgment... it's gone too far. When we allow (or make advantageous use of) people's hatred (see many anti-homosexuality protests)...that's gone too far.
Every person is personally responsible for their decision to accept or reject Jesus. However, what Christian abiding in Christ would want to contribute to someone's rejection of Jesus?

If a believer were to shout in the ear of a non-believer "You are a sinner and without Jesus you will be doomed to an eternity in Hell!" repeatedly, and that person dies without accepting Jesus because they were fed up with that believer, how will that believer feel? Did they fulfill "the great commission"? Is God glorified? Did that believer contribute to the unbelief and ultimate rejection of Jesus?

That's why we're called to love others.... not beat 'em unconscious with a club and drag them into the kingdom of God.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:56 am
As God's followers, we shall help with the harvest and share God's word.

Mark 13:10
And the good news (the Gospel) must first be preached to all nations.

When it comes to recieving salvation and entering God's Kingdom, it's God's work.  

Atarashi No Sensei

dirtdevilgrunt13

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:24 am
Well,for one the action of bush got some of us worried because the Middle East holds many paths of Christ.
And 2nd there's way to many Fundamentalists nowa days.
T.V. and the news has blinded people of relity and what not.

And last Christianity isnt the only way to get to heaven,I know athiests and wiccans and a few other people that can make it to heaven but dont the in the same we do,along with that,If someone says that,I say Then how did jesus get to heaven?
Jesus was a Jew.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:23 pm
-Sunset Wahine-

When it comes to recieving salvation and entering God's Kingdom, it's God's work.

While we, as Christians, are called to preach the gospels and the word of God; we are not called to call them demons and sinners. All people sin...Jesus said, "Let him who is without sin cast the first stone." None of us can point the finger at anyone else, nor can we say that we are better than any others. Jesus also said, "How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye?" ~ Matthew 7:4  

Curium

Spastic waffles

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:40 pm
LRD_nick
Well,for one the action of bush got some of us worried because the Middle East holds many paths of Christ.

And last Christianity isnt the only way to get to heaven,I know athiests and wiccans and a few other people that can make it to heaven but dont the in the same we do,along with that,If someone says that,I say Then how did jesus get to heaven?
Jesus was a Jew.
Jesus couldn't be a Christian.

He can't follow his own religion that wasn't even created until after his death and resurection and return to Heaven. Until He died, Judiasm (SP?) was the way to Heaven, after his death, since sacrifices and the such became unneccesary (Jesus=ultimate sacrifice), christianity became the way to Heaven.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:21 pm
LRD_nick

Jesus was a Jew.

Jesus had the advantage over us of being perfect and without sin. Since sin is the thing that seperates us from God and condems us to hell, I can see why Jesus would get to heaven.  

ioioouiouiouio

loneangel19

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:50 pm
ummm...??  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:16 am
So you guys are saying,CHRISTIAITY IS THE ONLY WAY TO HEAVEN!
YOU DONT THIS NEXT YOU ARE DOOMED IN HELL!

Your wrong and your brain washed,you have been taught been wrong teachings.
Your the one who has a chance of bein doom,we are no better then that man in jail at this moment.
We are humen,I know people who dont beleave in Christ and God and they have a chance of goin to heaven.

How god judges it is how you play your cards!
Meaning how you act and do things.  

dirtdevilgrunt13

Blckpanthr13

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:34 am
LRD_nick
So you guys are saying,CHRISTIAITY IS THE ONLY WAY TO HEAVEN!
YOU DONT THIS NEXT YOU ARE DOOMED IN HELL!

Your wrong and your brain washed,you have been taught been wrong teachings.
Your the one who has a chance of bein doom,we are no better then that man in jail at this moment.
We are humen,I know people who dont beleave in Christ and God and they have a chance of goin to heaven.

How god judges it is how you play your cards!
Meaning how you act and do things.

stare ....
John 3:36
"Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God's wrath remains on him."

John 14:6
"Jesus answered, 'I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one come to the Father except through me.'"

Yes it is the way to get to Heaven, but our job as Christians is to spread the Gospel and the good news of our Savior, but by loving and not accusing or "condemning" others. Get the facts straight before you go accusing people of being brainwashed.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:44 am
Hey Nick...

What the deuce did you just say? Please use coherent sentences if you want us to understand you.  

ioioouiouiouio

SUPERSQUIRRELX

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:46 am
Hey, I'm part of the religious right :p.
Theres nothing wrong with being conservative.
There is something wrong with being a bigot (Fred Phelps), or saying someone should be assasinated (Pat Robertson). But otherwise, the majority of us try and stick to the Bible's teachings.
I don't go along with the Jesuit way of doing things, whereas you say, "beat someone over the head and drag them into the kingdom of God".  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:53 pm
SUPERSQUIRRELX
Hey, I'm part of the religious right :p.
Theres nothing wrong with being conservative.
There is something wrong with being a bigot (Fred Phelps), or saying someone should be assasinated (Pat Robertson). But otherwise, the majority of us try and stick to the Bible's teachings.
I don't go along with the Jesuit way of doing things, whereas you say, "beat someone over the head and drag them into the kingdom of God".

I heard a good analogy to go with that.

"A bar of Gold is a precious thing. If you give one to someone, they would treasure it, for it is wondrous and special. But if you beat them over the head with it, more than likely they won't appreciate it as much."

Blckpanthr13

LittlePinky82

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:42 pm
Good point. That's why I'm glad the "religious left" is speaking out more. I read this past weekend an article in the NYTimes on this revrend guy who was talking about the "religious right" and he was talking about how churches should stop getting involved with politics because they are becoming apart of the world. The "religious right" is becoming much like the Pharasiee's of Jesus Christ's time. Jesus hung out with some of the worst people in his days but he still loved them and treated them with respect and decency. We are called to be in Christ's image and not make Christ in our image. That is what is wrong with the "religious right."  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:44 pm
-Sunset Wahine-

Ah but you're forgetting Jesus's FIRST commandment out of two: love thy neighbor's as yourself. Would you treat yourself like that? I don't think so.  

LittlePinky82

LittlePinky82

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:46 pm
LRD_nick

4Then I heard the number of those who were sealed: 144,000 from all the tribes of Israel. And last Christianity isnt the only way to get to heaven,I know athiests and wiccans and a few other people that can make it to heaven but dont the in the same we do,along with that,If someone says that,I say Then how did jesus get to heaven?
Jesus was a Jew.

If you read through Revelation you can find that the Jews will go to Heaven.

Revelation 7:

5From the tribe of Judah 12,000 were sealed,
from the tribe of Reuben 12,000,
from the tribe of Gad 12,000,
6from the tribe of Asher 12,000,
from the tribe of Naphtali 12,000,
from the tribe of Manasseh 12,000,
7from the tribe of Simeon 12,000,
from the tribe of Levi 12,000,
from the tribe of Issachar 12,000,
8from the tribe of Zebulun 12,000,
from the tribe of Joseph 12,000,