Submit

Everyone loves polls! :D
  He he, I know. ^_^
View Results

Etherealemblem

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:45 am
Seority
User Image

Does anybody think that some 'Christian' bands sing songs that have almost no meaning to what Christianity is or what it stands for? I know a lot of Christian music, and let me tell you, some are just flat out stupid! I know that some groups do a silly song here and there, but some don't make any sence in any of their songs! It's almost fustrating when they call them selves a 'Chritian' band. It's quite odd though because if you do call yourselves Christain, you popularity goes down about 75% of what it would be. I have some of my friends listen to the Christian music I have. They said, "O that's awesome! Who are they?" I say their name and that they're a Christian band. They almost immedently forget about the whole ordeal. It's quite sad.

There's also some groups or singers, such as Evenesence, who don't say they're Christian, but definetly could be. I always admired them for some reason. They get many people to listen to their music, even though they maybe thinking other things, it keeps them away from the real crappy music that's out these days. Some people start to shun those kinds of bands saying that they only want the ratings. Well, if they were really that selfish, they would spit out any kind of random junk just to get to the top. rolleyes

Anywho, just more stuff to talk about I suppose.

Kitty teh bread.

lot's of christian bands use subliminal ways of putting God in their music, like Demon Hunter and As I Lay Dying, the speak of him in a subliminal way, as not to turn off the Secular fan base, it still reaches people, but they jsut don't realize it!  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:51 am
User Image

I understand that. It's just that I hear no kind of reference in their songs, but I am absolutly horrible at hearing lyrics anyway. ( I thought M.J. said 'hot pocky' in his song 'Beat It' sweatdrop )

Kitty teh bread.

Seority

Etherealemblem

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:15 pm
Seority
User Image

I understand that. It's just that I hear no kind of reference in their songs, but I am absolutly horrible at hearing lyrics anyway. ( I thought M.J. said 'hot pocky' in his song 'Beat It' sweatdrop )

Kitty teh bread.

well you must not be digging deep enough, they are Subliminal after all!  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:35 pm
Anything that uplifts God and can be used for worship..... I listen to more stuff, but it can't have suggestive themes or cussing......  

Jedi-girl101

Seority

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:46 pm
MagisterofJesusChrist

well you must not be digging deep enough, they are Subliminal after all!

User Image

It's just me then ^^'

Kitty teh bread.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:16 am
U2.

cool  

Gambol

Shy Sex Symbol

Shizuko-chan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 6:14 pm
to me christian music is defined by the indvidual and what that individual gets from the song. It really has nothing to do with the artist at all, its just a matter of how you view the song. But when it comes to worship(that you sing in church, at youth, etc.), I think thats slightly different. It tends to be a little more forward with the lyrics, and is normally obvious to anyone if its worship or not.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 5:05 am
This debate is why I mainly listen to music with no words.  

The Noble Protoman.exe

Gambol

Shy Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:17 am
Master Protoman_exe

You've got to be careful with those cray-zay classical composers~! xd  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:08 am
Gambol
Master Protoman_exe

Honoes! Mozart is gonna trance me with his subliminal messagezorz!!!  

The Noble Protoman.exe

[Life.In.General]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:16 pm
Christian music is quite bad.

It all contains the words:

pain, almighty, love, death, broken, save, saviour, god.

Just in different combos. Evanessence is ok, but alot of her stuff is "iffy".

People would say: Oh, well, christian music is worship.

Actually, it's not. It's singing. If I'm singing about a happymeal™ at McDonald's, it doesn't mean I worship it.

Worship is talking about god, and simply believing in him.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:07 am
Master Protoman_exe
Gambol
Master Protoman_exe

Um..actually they are right. I don't know if you've ever heard of Tchaikovsky's 6th Symphony. It is also known as the Pathetique. It's pretty much a symphony of death. And although, me, being a death metal fan...intrigues just the thought of having a symphony of death...this is far much worse. I've listened to only bits and pieces of it from what i found online...i think that it has a spiritual curse. If you look it up, you will find that Tchaikovsky died 9 days after writting it. While performing the piece, musicians have acutally died while playing it. Sometimes others in an audience have actually died while listening to it being played or loved ones close to the ones listening to the piece. Audof Hitler wouldn't even let his symphony play the song because even HE knew that there was something "wrong" with the song once one they played it and one of his musicians died.  

Siren of Saturn

The Noble Protoman.exe

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:56 pm
[Life.In.General]

Actually, it's not. It's singing. If I'm singing about a happymeal™ at McDonald's, it doesn't mean I worship it.

How and where do you find your scource of that. I would like to study more into such...  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:57 pm
Siren of Saturn
Master Protoman_exe
Gambol
Master Protoman_exe

Um..actually they are right. I don't know if you've ever heard of Tchaikovsky's 6th Symphony. It is also known as the Pathetique. It's pretty much a symphony of death. And although, me, being a death metal fan...intrigues just the thought of having a symphony of death...this is far much worse. I've listened to only bits and pieces of it from what i found online...i think that it has a spiritual curse. If you look it up, you will find that Tchaikovsky died 9 days after writting it. While performing the piece, musicians have acutally died while playing it. Sometimes others in an audience have actually died while listening to it being played or loved ones close to the ones listening to the piece. Audof Hitler wouldn't even let his symphony play the song because even HE knew that there was something "wrong" with the song once one they played it and one of his musicians died.
Thanks. I'll go cry now.  

The Noble Protoman.exe

Eurytus

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:29 pm
[Life.In.General]

You don't listen to Christian music at ALL, do you?

I'll quote a few songs I listen to every day...

the song "Myspace" is about wanting to know what someone is really like, not just knowing about them from Myspace or other websites. It's about knowing things about people but not knowing them.

My personal favorite, the song "Fiction," By Kids in the Way. I'm going to just post the lyrics.

Quote:

I had the strangest dream
That you were lost at sea
I found you drowning on the ocean floor
I woke from my deep sleep to end the misery
I found you lying outside of my door
I tried to wake you up
To shake you up
And found out you were dead

Like a leaf in the wind you left me standing alone
To face the demons in my head

We're making fiction of our lives
Burning pages as we write
We read the lies between the lines
These dead letters won't survive

A dusty record spins
An old song plays again
The needle drags across it's skin
Ink spills through my pen
The paper soaks it in
The music bringing tremors to my hands

I can't just give you up
Just lift you up to chance on a dragon fly's wings
With my love in the wind you left me standing alone
Hoping it brings you back to me

These dead letters won't survive [x2]

We are not poets
We have not right to make ammendments
This story's over
This chapter's closing
I don't know how it ends
But I really don't like how it begins

These dead letters won't survive [x2]

We're burning pages
We're burning pages now

And those are just two that I particularly like. There is a whole slew of Christian music that isn't necessarily ABOUT the religion. Just because you're too closed-minded to try to find them, doesn't mean that all christian music is Worship or wanna-be worship.  
Debate and Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff