Reply *~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild
Forgiveness. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Uthopia

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:08 pm
Just until recently, I've discovered how hard it is to forgive an enemy. I know that we're commanded to do so, yet it's still so hard. Have you ever been in this kind of situation? And what did you do? ninja  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:12 pm
I don't have enemys as much as I have people who annoy me so bad that I twitch and go crazy... burning_eyes
But usually if someone makes me angry or does something that is wrong to me, I let it go after a while. Just give it time. Being angry is misrable, I just pretty much think you should move on with it and forgive them. Why they do the things they do is their problem, let them be the one wasting their time thinking about it.

Ginger Snapple

rftkfan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:46 pm
True we are suppose to forgive. Some things happen in my past that I will NEVER forgive. Is that one of the times?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:56 pm
I find did hard to forgive myself about stuff rather than others. Although there are thing people do I find hard to forgive, I mean sometimes it does take awhile, its not always something we do right there on the spot willingly each time. Takes pracitice and sometimes lots of prayer.  

Litia_Echo

thrashmetaljunkie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:54 pm
Litia_Echo
I find did hard to forgive myself about stuff rather than others. Although there are thing people do I find hard to forgive, I mean sometimes it does take awhile, its not always something we do right there on the spot willingly each time. Takes pracitice and sometimes lots of prayer.
i'm sum what the same way. I'm always really hard on myself. and when someone gets mad at me, and then i get mad at them. i blame myself. i blame myself for everything that goes wrong in a relationship. i also blame myself for others pain, so i try to fix it. as far as enemies, i just pray. Yea they piss me off, i dont love them, but God still does. So i try to remember that. i have a soft heart though...so i forgive others more quickly then most. because i spend my time not forgiving myself.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 6:55 pm
Oh geez... sweatdrop .. forgiveness...so hard. I can honestly say god has been working in me with that. It all depends on a sittuation. But when people hurt me its hard for me to forgive. But if it's like i pushed you or you bumped into me...its not that big of a deal. But when u hurt me...that's a different story. neutral  

xX_Chula_Xx

Uthopia

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:07 pm
rftkfan
True we are suppose to forgive. Some things happen in my past that I will NEVER forgive. Is that one of the times?

Not really. sweatdrop But you can't just NEVER forgive, no matter how horrible the situation. We're told to forgive no matter what. ninja  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:17 am
Uthopia
Just until recently, I've discovered how hard it is to forgive an enemy. I know that we're commanded to do so, yet it's still so hard. Have you ever been in this kind of situation? And what did you do? ninja
I'm ALWAYS in that kind of situation. I've learned you need to continuously forgive because God's forgiven EVERY one of your sins!  

Atarashi No Sensei

Uthopia

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:22 pm
-Sunset Wahine-
Uthopia
I'm ALWAYS in that kind of situation. I've learned you need to continuously forgive because God's forgiven EVERY one of your sins!

Very true. Even though it can be sooo hard at times, it makes you feel a bit better in the end. whee  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:39 pm
I think that what we are scared of is the cut in our pride that we think it will make. Whenever you forgive somebody you get a heightened sense of pride, like you just did something really big....  

Haven923

Aged Gaian

7,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

Atarashi No Sensei

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:21 pm
Haven923
I think that what we are scared of is the cut in our pride that we think it will make. Whenever you forgive somebody you get a heightened sense of pride, like you just did something really big....
Nope. My situation is different. When I forgive a certain person, I think that that person thinks he can do it again another time because I'm able to forgive.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:20 am
-Sunset Wahine-
Haven923
Nope. My situation is different. When I forgive a certain person, I think that that person thinks he can do it again another time because I'm able to forgive.

Why do you think this? Have you truly forgiven him/her? I know this is hard to believe, but when someone is forgiven for something they did, they realize that what they did is wrong, and thus, they have a real reason to no longer do it. They have a big burden lifted off their shoulders, and they react with gratitude. Fight fire with water, not fight fire with fire as we so often do. Such things require faith.  

yzz_90

Sir BlackHeart

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:22 am
rftkfan
GOD commands mercy however we can deceide not to obey, however it's best that you should obey... therefore If you have a problem with someone aske GOD to give you the power to forgive.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:04 am
NewFoundLight
rftkfan
GOD commands mercy however we can deceide not to obey, however it's best that you should obey... therefore If you have a problem with someone aske GOD to give you the power to forgive.
In some situation forgiveness is not an option. I will not forgive so there will be no trust.  

rftkfan

Atarashi No Sensei

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:15 am
Orizion
-Sunset Wahine-
Haven923

Why do you think this? Have you truly forgiven him/her? I know this is hard to believe, but when someone is forgiven for something they did, they realize that what they did is wrong, and thus, they have a real reason to no longer do it. They have a big burden lifted off their shoulders, and they react with gratitude. Fight fire with water, not fight fire with fire as we so often do. Such things require faith.
Thanks much for the advice. ^^ It helps.  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff