Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Teen Sex, Pregnancy and Puberty Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for teenagers covering topics centering around teen sex, pregnancy, puberty, and other aspects of teen life. 

Tags: teens, puberty, sexuality, pregnancy, life issues 

Reply Announcements/What's New In The Guild
The Reason Why This Guild Was Created: My Original Rant. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kalyuhjah

Sparkly Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:12 am
Nice rant. You've made a lot of good points, and quite frankly there's a lot of people out there who should read this.

I personally consider myself rather lucky in the sex-ed respect as the health class in the all-girls' high school I attend was actually pretty good (although the video instructing how to properly put a condom on somebody was rather goofy, since the guy was using a banana to demonstrate. xD "Now you know how to put a condom on your banana.").

Just one thing I'd like to point out... IUD's aren't really all that recommended as a birth control method anymore, just because they tend to cause a slew of other problems. One in particular that was shaped a bit like a Christmas tree gained a bit of infamy for really hurting some of the girls who used that variety.

But... yeah. That's just my two cents. biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 2:11 pm
Wow, alot of typing, but its good that yo made this guild from what I think.  

Hellzspartan69

WWK

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:23 am
I agree with most of your rant and would like to share a few things that happened to me that sort of relate.

In the school district I went to school in during sex-ed they didn't even talk about sex, they talked about STD's and puberty, but I didn't even know about sex until I was 13 when my mother had a long talk to me about it (I had just started puberty at this time and was on my first period). She told me what sex was and that if I was going to have sex (even as young as 13) that make sure I used condoms, and if I told her she would get me on the pill. That same year (I was in 9th grade) there was a pregnant 7th grade girl at my school and it appalled me.

I am 17 and a virgin. I am also a junior at university so sex is a pretty common thing around here. Birth control is very easy to get, yet it seems that no one really knows how to get it, or even much about sex still. I am dating a guy I met here, and when he and I talked about sex (despite us being legal, I still feel that I am too young to have sex even though everyone says I am really mature I want to try to wait until I am at least 18 ) I discovered that while he had some knowledge I knew more than him and I ended up telling him what he didn't know (he's 22!). There really is something wrong with the system if even by the age of 22 one isn't entirely knowledgeable about things.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:16 pm
excellent points!!! people should really think about sex before they have it, it is not all pleasure, it is also responsibility, and a very big, big thing!!! it is not something to play with!! thank you so much for making educated statements about it! go girl 4laugh  

godessoftheflute3

tuckdizzle

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:32 am
i like your rant and i think that it has very good points, especially the parents part. i think that one of my parents was one of the most terrible examples in my life. in my case my parent influenced me more than T.V. i know some/maybe even most people don't think that way. some parents try to blame the T.V. for some of their kids actions when really the parents were the one to blame. by the way nice rant.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:52 pm
I agree with every thing you said. I think you shouldn't have sex until your married[Even though you didn't say that, but still.] So if you do get pregnant, you will be out of school, and have someone by your side.  

ch4nel

Deathiversary

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:41 pm
After two weeks of me worrying about me being a pregnant teen, I really am going to stress birth control for my partner and I. Sometimes it takes making a mistake for me to learn what is right (like how I had to get average grades in school in 6 grade to having straight A's the following 4 years).

You are entitled to your rant indeed, but I will always have that empathy of the unsuspecting teenage girl that doesn't know if she is pregnant or not (by unsuspecting I mean no one knows that she engages in sexual activities).  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:06 pm
That was a very well thought out rant.

I do have something I would like to add that might further explain why children are having sex at such young ages. And they just keep getting younger.

My point is actually all about clothing manufacturers and clothing designers.

have you ever noticed that little girls clothing are becoming more and more like teen/adult clothing.

Young children now have spagetti straps/bra inserts/clothing tricks to make the chest look like there might actually be boobs. They are also offered bikini's that show as much skin as adult bikini's and they get to wear mini-skirts.

The word "Juicy" and other simalar words tend to be emblazoned on girls clothing as well. Personally I don't think anyone should walk around with "Juicy" tattood on the a** of their pants. Especially not children.

All of this clothing contributes to the oversexualization of children, especially little girls. With this oversexualization come more *****, because they think it must be alright if the children are wearing some of this stuff/they don't see it as the wrong that it is because of said fact.

But this is also recognized by other children when they get older. So they think of themselves as needing sex, or as having to have it because they are dressed like adults and they want to be adults, even if they aren't.

Yamichan2

Nikolita
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:03 am
yamichan2

I do have something I would like to add that might further explain why children are having sex at such young ages. And they just keep getting younger.

have you ever noticed that little girls clothing are becoming more and more like teen/adult clothing.

Young children now have spagetti straps/bra inserts/clothing tricks to make the chest look like there might actually be boobs. They are also offered bikini's that show as much skin as adult bikini's and they get to wear mini-skirts.

The word "Juicy" and other simalar words tend to be emblazoned on girls clothing as well. Personally I don't think anyone should walk around with "Juicy" tattood on the a** of their pants. Especially not children.

All of this clothing contributes to the oversexualization of children, especially little girls. With this oversexualization come more *****, because they think it must be alright if the children are wearing some of this stuff/they don't see it as the wrong that it is because of said fact.

But this is also recognized by other children when they get older. So they think of themselves as needing sex, or as having to have it because they are dressed like adults and they want to be adults, even if they aren't.

I agree completely. The content of your post scares me, because I know it's true. gonk  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:15 pm
Nikolita

1) The media. Famous celebrities and musicians who glorify having sex and sleeping around, while knowing their main audience is young girls or young youth in general. Look at today's teenagers - within the past few years, it's suddenly become "cool" to wear one's jeans halfway off their a**, or to wear miniskirts and halter tops to school at the age of 14 of 15. In my grade 12 year (last year) for Halloween, I was very disturbed upon seeing a girl I'd once gone to Brownies with, coming to school dressed as a "super-slut" in a school uniform, fishnets, knee-highs and waaay too much make-up for someone her age (I think she was 14 or 15 at the time? Maybe 16?) And the sad part was, she got away with it. No one told her to go home and change; no one said anything. Girls think it's cool to show off their bodies, and guys will take advantage of that sometimes. Why? Because they see it on TV and hear it on the radio, and no one stops them from buying into it. The sick thing is, sex sells. Sex sells very well. I'm so bloody tired of seeing children walking down the street in lowriders with thongs hanging out, or boys wearing "pimp" jackets with baseball hats on sideways, and "bling-bling" around their necks.
Edit: To clarify what one poster pointed out, about girls "showing off their bodies": I have no problem with girls who dress nicely and reveal a little skin. I have no problem seeing legs or arms or a little cleavage revealed. What DOES bother me however, is when I'm seeing thong straps and outlines/imprints of bras through clothing left and right, or seeing someone's excess weight being squeezed out from under their tight clothes (don't wear lowriders if you don't have the body for them, I can't stress this enough whee ), seeing someone's a** crack or just half their a** because their skirt is so short, etc etc. If a girl can pull of being revealing in a flattering way, then she can go for it. It's when 14 and 15 year olds are dressing like whores that it bothers me, which is what I was referring to in my rant.

/cheer
All I can say
And agree times uber-big-number for the bit in red biggrin

I really want to reenact Columbine. Headshots all around for those sex-obsessed future dropouts... And no, headshot in this case is not their cranium....
And for the whoreish girls, stem cell research 3nodding  

Aleksandr Dyatlov

Wango Tango Snake

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:21 am
"This child is going to rely on you, its mother (and the father, if he sticks around), for all of its needs."

I agree that usually its the father who would ski-daddle, but you know what, its not always that the father leaves. The mother could leave the baby with the father, or would put it up for adoption and the father doesn't agree so he takes the child. I think that quote might be a bit sexist. But good job with the rest of the rant, and speaking out, people should really see what the media and society are becoming and what people and children are doing.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:40 pm
Capn Skiffy
"This child is going to rely on you, its mother (and the father, if he sticks around), for all of its needs."

I agree that usually its the father who would ski-daddle, but you know what, its not always that the father leaves. The mother could leave the baby with the father, or would put it up for adoption and the father doesn't agree so he takes the child. I think that quote might be a bit sexist. But good job with the rest of the rant, and speaking out, people should really see what the media and society are becoming and what people and children are doing.

Oh I know, I just didn't specify within the rant. Sorry. whee  

Nikolita
Captain

Wango Tango Snake

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:19 pm
its all good. i just wanted to bring it to your attention. thats all. that was the first time i used the word "ski-daddle" in a long time. i like that word.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:46 pm
Nikolita
yamichan2

I agree completely. The content of your post scares me, because I know it's true. gonk
I agree as well, and when the time comes that I have children, I'll be damned if my little girl(s) take a step outside the house wearing some of the garbage you find in clothing stores today.  

_C r y s t a l_RB

Announcements/What's New In The Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces