Submit

Haven923

Aged Gaian

7,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:01 am
I have started to try to write Christian songs and am having problems producing decent works.... I have 3 songs that arn't even close to completion and lots of little tidbits that don't go with anything else. All of my inspiration seems to be Praise and Worship type songs but I'm trying to aim for Christian Rock.... HELP ME!?!?!?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:05 am
Oh yeah, almost forgot! here is teh link to all of my work:

http://www.freewebs.com/haven923/  

Haven923

Aged Gaian

7,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

Haven923

Aged Gaian

7,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:21 am
Somebody? Anybody?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:50 am
I dunno...The only time I write is when it just comes to me...I don't know how to tell someone how to write songs.

Sorry.

Maybe try going over what you've already written and see if anything comes to you? Sometimes listening to other artist's work or reading the bible helps me.

Spastic waffles

thrashmetaljunkie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:52 pm
look in my journal bro, or you can look at the "inspirational?" thread, i posted my newest song there, i'm told i write good lyrics, so perhaps you can get some deas from mine, but no copying of course. i also suggest looking at the lyrics of songs from demon hunter, and living sacrifice. psalms is also a good place to look, if you want ideas for praise and worship. i write some praise and worshop songs, but its still metal. my band is metal. but we're christian ^^  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 4:51 pm
Do you mean writing the music or the lyrics? With me the songs just flow. Sometimes I get an idea of what I want to say in a song and I think about the words for a while until they come to me and it just happens. You just have to practice a lot. I used to write really crappy songs too but it just takes time and practice. Don't pressure yourself. Just try meditating on the words. I find it if I try to pressure myself to write it turns out crappy. I can't do music but only lyrics. I can hear it in my head and everything I just can't produce the sound.  

LittlePinky82

LittlePinky82

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 4:54 pm
I hope you copywrite all your stuff that you put on the internet. I had a friend in high school who had a friend who made the mistake of putting uncopywritten lyrics on a website and someone stole them and used them for their own.

MstrChf25
Oh yeah, almost forgot! here is teh link to all of my work:

http://www.freewebs.com/haven923/

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 4:55 pm
I hope you're songs are copywritten before you spread them around the internet. You don't want someone to still your work. I know that would really piss me off.

thrashmetaljunkie
look in my journal bro, or you can look at the "inspirational?" thread, i posted my newest song there, i'm told i write good lyrics, so perhaps you can get some deas from mine, but no copying of course. i also suggest looking at the lyrics of songs from demon hunter, and living sacrifice. psalms is also a good place to look, if you want ideas for praise and worship. i write some praise and worshop songs, but its still metal. my band is metal. but we're christian ^^

LittlePinky82

chewmynails

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:17 pm
there is a guild for Christian poetry and song writers. have you been to http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/index.php?guild_id=14331?
it is called "More than useless: Christian music poetry and art." They might be able to help you develop them.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:38 pm
I've tried writing songs and it really didn't work for me. sweatdrop But I'm going to say to keep trying the first few songs may not be the best, but once you get the hang of it, it'll be easier as you go along.  

Tarani Sarihi

Tarack Ollama

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 2:37 pm
like most talents it just needs practice, if your focusing on God then all should go fine. If you know it's what He wants you to do then the songs will be given to you by Him. =)  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:33 pm
lilterra13
I've tried writing songs and it really didn't work for me. sweatdrop But I'm going to say to keep trying the first few songs may not be the best, but once you get the hang of it, it'll be easier as you go along.

That is very true. I used to write horrible songs myself in the beginning compared to one's I write now so it does take a lot of practice. Just let it flow. That's the best way.  

LittlePinky82

MimiInWonderland

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:56 am
Take inspiration from the old hymns. Hey, the hymns mean more than the trash on the radio. :B  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:40 pm
Thx, I just wrote another song part when I was at SL camp. I just realized how much everything I write looks like it is a chorus....  

Haven923

Aged Gaian

7,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

somebodys_PeNgUIN

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:48 pm
2 things:

1 - If it's from the heart, it's gonna be good, because that's what God wants. It doesn't matter if anyone else likes it as long as God does, because that's who it's about and for.

2 - Stay simple. Don't cram too many words into one verse. Say as much as you can with as little as you can, meaning, say all you want to say using as few words as possible (confusing ain't it sweatdrop ).

Hope that helps some wink  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces