Reply *~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild
Once saved always saved? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ginger Snapple

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 5:26 pm
The only way to be sent to hell is to refuse Jesus as your savior, hence refusing God and his word.
God is mericful and loves his people and most likely he forgave Ian.

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 8:17 pm
reddy4nething
mistressofthelost
So wait...if I get saved and then go murder someone, I'm ok?
nope.......if u ask 4 4giveness God will 4give u but otherwise......ull be judged 4 it

yeah shes right, even though once your saved it cant be reversed, we are still accountable for our sins and we WILL be judged accordingly.  

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

vampy dave

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 10:12 am
SaintXenos
reddy4nething
mistressofthelost
So wait...if I get saved and then go murder someone, I'm ok?
nope.......if u ask 4 4giveness God will 4give u but otherwise......ull be judged 4 it

yeah shes right, even though once your saved it cant be reversed, we are still accountable for our sins and we WILL be judged accordingly.

So, since it's very unlikely that her friend had a chance to ask for forgiveness, how likely is the chance that he went to Heaven?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:18 am
God forgives everyone no matter what you have done. So everyone goes to heaven. Even Hitler did. (I think so). The point is that there are probably millions of people who beat him up on a daily basis for the crimes that he has commited. So afterall it doesn't seem like heaven to him.  

Raioga

Raioga

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:20 am
Ginger Snapple
The only way to be sent to hell is to refuse Jesus as your savior, hence refusing God and his word.

I refuse his word and he is not my saviour.
I am not a slave to anyone.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:12 pm
reddy4nething
Some people say once saved always saved.Well for those people id like 2 tell a story to.There was this guy named Ian Matthews.He had just gotten saved and loved God with all his heart.One night his friends invited him to a party.There was drinking,smoking,and drugs.One of his friends offered him a drink and finally Ian got tired of it.He said"okay.Ill do it.just quit bugging me."He took the drink and swallowed all of it.He thought it tasted good so he asked for another and another and another.He died of alchohol poisoning.now would Ian go to heaven or hell?
Im a Christian,and I believe that Ian really did get saved in the first place,but when he decided to drink,I think that the night he died he went to hell.I know I sound harsh,but I would like to know your opinion.

I don't think you go to hell for drinking. I even enjoy the occasional drink myself. Ian overdid it. The consequence of his actions was death.

I have my own experience with this subject. I was a Christian, truly in love with God, but questioning some of the things that were happening in my life. One day I decided that God wasn't going to do me any good, and I left him. It got pretty bad. Before long I was getting drunk every time I had the chance to the point where I couldn't remember that I had spent half the night bent over a toilet. Next up was Weed. After all, morality no longer mattered, and I really couldn't cope. I didn't think it was all that bad, just as long as I didn't do harder drugs. I got stoned almost every night. And those harder drugs I thought I'd never do? I was offered some cocain, and I took it. I wasn't pressured into it, I wanted it. Next up was Crack. Then Crystal Meth. Thankfully that's where it ends.

So what's my point? I'm getting to it. God didn't stop seeking me. I didn't want him, but he wanted me. I didn't need anyone to preach to me, God himself spoke to me. And I knew I had to get free from the drugs. Then he offered me an out. That out required me to move, but it has worked thus far, and I am drug free. There really is no turning back.  

songsparrow

chewmynails

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:53 pm
Being saved is one thing. STAYING saved is another.
So, everyone can make the choice to sin and turn away from God. Even people I know who are Godly sometimes turn away, and turn to make the effort and decision to turn back to God and rededicate themselves to Him.

If I am saved, and abuse small animals, then I wasn't really saved, was I?
If I am saved, and get drunk, but then repent and say I won't get drunk again - and then don't get drunk again [keep my word to God], then I am saved.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:16 am
Guacamole-kun
Wait... since when is drinking a sin?

Good point but she pretty much implies he got drunk.  

Tarack Ollama

sk8er061191

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:20 am
If he truely did accept Jesus, he went to Heaven, simple as that.

Raioga
God forgives everyone no matter what you have done. So everyone goes to heaven. Even Hitler did. (I think so). The point is that there are probably millions of people who beat him up on a daily basis for the crimes that he has commited. So afterall it doesn't seem like heaven to him.

You only go to heaven if you ACCEPT God's mercy, he forgives everyone but you only go to heaven if you accept that Jesus died on the cross for your sins and accept him as your lord and savior.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:38 pm
Yes.
Once saved, always saved.

Drinking is no sin.
Being drunk is. xD

But if he ever did die after being
Drunk, he'll still go to heaven, but
here's the thing, he'll mis all the reward
Christ has for him.

The guilt of sin looses the joy of salvation.
Not salvation its self.

Salvation can NEVER be lost.

chickenlipsRfun2eat

Ginger Snapple

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:59 pm
Raioga
Ginger Snapple

Thats too bad for you.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:56 pm
Raioga
Ginger Snapple

o dont mean 2 sound blunt but if u have that attitude until death well ull go2 hell....literally.....and if u think that life is goin 2 be easier without God ure wrong bcuz with God life isnt easy but @ least Hes always there when we need him.  

reddy4nething

600 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Power of Miracles

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:46 am
Raioga

No, God loves you and pities you, but if you don't repent, He "can't" do anything about it cuz you don't accept Him. It's like unrequited love, like you loving a girl with your life; if she doesn't like you, you can't really force her, can you? But you'll still love her true.... You'll try to win her heart, you'll try to show her that you're hers, and she's yours.. God's love is in the same way....I just know it....He once let me fall in love with the impossible, only until then when I start to understand how much He loves me......

and your concept of Heaven is probably wrong.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:49 am
chickenlipsRfun2eat
Yes.
Once saved, always saved.

Drinking is no sin.
Being drunk is. xD

But if he ever did die after being
Drunk, he'll still go to heaven, but
here's the thing, he'll mis all the reward
Christ has for him.

The guilt of sin looses the joy of salvation.
Not salvation its self.

Salvation can NEVER be lost.

Just one thing, not the joy of salvation, it's the things that you'll be given in Heaven, and only if you repent and follow His words (such as telling the world about Jesus) should you receive your reward in Heaven :D  

Power of Miracles

Skeleton Bart

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:41 pm
SaintXenos
no, once your are saved it is irrevolcable (irreversible).

John 10: 27-29

27: My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow me.
28: and I give eternal life to them, and they shall never perish; and no one shall snatch them out of My hand.
29: My father, who has given them to Me, is greather than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand.

once given this it IS a free ticket to Heaven....no matter what things we do on earth. there is ALOT worse things then getting drunk. we do ALOT of things everyday and it adds up in the end. you dont go to hell just for drinking. God chooses who will go to heaven, and once chosen, it can't be changed by mere man.

Thats a bold statement. I'm truely curious about this being raised A.G. this was not preached or believed. I do not see where this say a person can not turn from God with their own free will. I know that I at one point in my life was so frustrated with God that i turned from him I was angry and confuse I didn't see his plan as a good plan. (my own arogance) but I strongly belive I would have gone to hell during that time. Not because I was doing any terrible sin, nut my refuse to converse with God. Now God would not let up on me. And I belive never would have, and he did bring me back to him. If you can find any scriptures that chalange this please let me know.  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff