What do you think about this?
  It's turned my mind around.
  But, how?
  I think you're delirious.
View Results

Norma Zamar

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 3:15 pm
Between Metaljunkie and Saint:
Please do not fight. We are supposed to show Christ wherever we go. We are light of the world, and should so it.

The word Hell wasn't ever meant to be a curse word. But since it is considered one, it depends hwo you use the word.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 3:16 pm
Human_King_Commander
Is it possible that she was thinking of Revelations 20?

The Angel comes down and opens the ABYSS and Stan is locked in there for 100 years

hehe stan  

The Tiger Of Judah

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 4:16 pm
Well anyway..... heart

I finally found the scriptual verses i was looking for. THESE will, I'm pretty sure, will help conclude the things I've talked about so far.

First off, direct scriptures talking of Satan roaming about:

1 Peter 5:8 Be of sober spirit, be on the alert. Your adversary, the devil, "prowls about" like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.

And here is one where Satan HIMSELF says he's on the earth.

Job 2:2 And the Lord said to Satan, "Where have you come from?" Then Satan answered the Lord and said, "From roaming about on the EARTH, and walking around on it."

There you see? You can't refute what even Satan says himself.

And final evidence to show that NOTHING is in Hell right now....

Ecclesiastes 9: 10 Whatever your hand finds to do, verily, do it with all your might; for there is NO ACTIVITY or planning or wisdom in Sheol where you are going.

Hopefully this will conclude this debate, but if you must continue debating then do so smile  
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 4:36 pm
u still didn hug me back..i'm hurt crying ...lmao, just messin wit ya ^^  

thrashmetaljunkie

Egon is a Scrub

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 5:52 pm
SaintXenos
Well anyway..... heart

I finally found the scriptual verses i was looking for. THESE will, I'm pretty sure, will help conclude the things I've talked about so far.

1 Peter 5:8 Be of sober spirit, be on the alert. Your adversary, the devil, "prowls about" like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.

Job 2:2 And the Lord said to Satan, "Where have you come from?" Then Satan answered the Lord and said, "From roaming about on the EARTH, and walking around on it."

Ecclesiastes 9: 10 Whatever your hand finds to do, verily, do it with all your might; for there is NO ACTIVITY or planning or wisdom in Sheol where you are going.

Hopefully this will conclude this debate, but if you must continue debating then do so smile

What in the world is Ecclesiastes?????  
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 6:39 pm
its a book in the bible..in the wisdom books i believe (psalms, song of soloman, proverbs, and ecclesiastes) its in the catholic bible, on of the books that the catholics have that protestants don't.  

thrashmetaljunkie

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 7:54 pm
Human_King_Commander
SaintXenos
Well anyway..... heart

What in the world is Ecclesiastes?????

.......youve never heard of Ecclesiastes? Its one of the many books of the bible that was written in its time. O_o I'm shocked you don't know of it. its only in just about every single bible out there. in fact i dont know of a bible that it ISNT in.  
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 5:57 pm
Thankyou trashmetaljunkie, a CATHOLIC Bible.  

Egon is a Scrub

thrashmetaljunkie

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 6:07 pm
dude..i'm assembly of God, and i have a catholic bible, ur just gonna fire more stuff up trying to prove tha kinda point, if she says shes not catholic, shes not. i didn even know that i had a catholic bible, until i learned that they had more books, n, infact, my bible had those books. perhaps she has a catholic bible, n just dosen know it? you shouldn just assume things bro, thas how things boil up. neways, yes, it is in the Catholic bible ^^ (i suggest not making her mad..she threatned to hurt me with a pitchfork)  
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 6:54 pm
Human_King_Commander
Thankyou trashmetaljunkie, a CATHOLIC Bible.

let me REITERATE my basis here.

Ecclesiastes- Means preacher, book in the Old Testament generally ascribed to Solomon.

Ecclesiastes is usually included in the category of wisdom literature along with Proverbs and Job. The style of its language, its vocabulary, and themes it holds in common with Greek philosophy suggest that it dates to the second century B.C.E.

Solomon was one of God's prophets. Again have no idea how your associating this with catholic or what makes you think IM catholic.

I neither believe in pergatory or limbo or all that other crap. (no offense to Catholics). You have to keep in mind that alot of word usag in the NAS is goign to be used in MANY OTHER BIBLES. I'm a monergist, not a Catholic >> i swear to god i can't stand the catholic religion, so if you want to keep pissing me off then by all means keep accusing me of being Catholic. But since you people just keep assuming I'm catholic, heres a GREAT article on the Bible I read and no ITS NOT CATHOLIC! scream

NAS- New American Standard. direct word for word translation of the hebrew,aramaic OT and latin,greek NT.

And in the best nutshell ive seen from ANY website:

Version Information

While preserving the literal accuracy of the 1901 ASV, the NASB has sought to render grammar and terminology in contemporary English. Special attention has been given to the rendering of verb tenses to give the English reader a rendering as close as possible to the sense of the original Greek and Hebrew texts. In 1995, the text of the NASB was updated for greater understanding and smoother reading. The New American Standard Bible present on the Bible Gateway matches the 1995 printing.

The New American Standard Bible Update - 1995
Easier to read:

* Passages with Old English "thee's" and "thou's" etc. have been updated to modern English.

* Words and Phrases that could be misunderstood due to changes in their meaning during the past 20 years have been updated to current English.

* Verses with difficult word order or vocabulary have been retranslated into smoother English.

* Sentences beginning with "And" have often been retranslated for better English, in recognition of differences in style between the ancient languages and modern English. The original Greek and Hebrew did not have punctuation as is found in English, and in many cases modern English punctuation serves as a substitute for "And" in the original. In some other cases, "and" is translated by a different word such as "then" or "but" as called for by the context, when the word in the original language allows such translation.

More accurate than ever:

* Recent research on the oldest and best Greek manuscripts of the New Testament has been reviewed, and some passages have been updated for even greater fidelity to the original manuscripts.

* Parallel passages have been compared and reviewed.

* Verbs that have a wide range of meaning have been retranslated in some passages to better account for their use in the context.

And still the NASB:

* The NASB update is not a change-for-the-sake-of-change translation. The original NASB stands the test of time, and change has been kept to a minimum in recognition of the standard that has been set by the New American Standard Bible.

* The NASB update continues the NASB's tradition of literal translation of the original Greek and Hebrew without compromise. Changes in the text have been kept within the strict parameters set forth by the Lockman Foundation's Fourfold Aim.

* The translators and consultants who have contributed to the NASB update are conservative Bible scholars who have doctorates in Biblical languages, theology, or other advanced degrees. They represent a variety of denominational backgrounds.

Catholic Bibles are NEITHER accurate NOR word for word translation. I think I've made my point? *takes a deeeeeeep breath* okay i feel better now. no hard feelings wink just dont accuse me anymore of being catholic and all will be well heart  

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

thrashmetaljunkie

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 8:01 pm
HEY!!! you people? i wasn accusing you!1 i was sticking up for you! read my post, gosh, i swear, its like ppl act like i dun exist cry  
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 8:38 pm
my Mom died when my sister was born, but they brought her back. she didn't want to come back. she said it was wonderful being dead. she saw her body and the doctors, and the baby, and wanted to go enyway. but ehr dead realtives told her it wasn't time and made her go back.
so she did.  

chewmynails

AnimeMonkey

7,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 9:25 pm
One word: wow! eek  
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 9:26 pm
chewmynails
my Mom died when my sister was born, but they brought her back. she didn't want to come back. she said it was wonderful being dead. she saw her body and the doctors, and the baby, and wanted to go enyway. but ehr dead realtives told her it wasn't time and made her go back.
so she did.
That reminds me of a story I read 3nodding  

AnimeMonkey

7,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash