Reply *~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild
I'm sorry, but being religious, has recently sucked. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Your-Face55

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 6:14 pm
My Friends are either Atheist or they really aren't to carring of god, they just say, "He's out there, whatever, now lets do everything he said not to do!" (Well they don't REALLY say that...) Or my friends have another religious Figure. My friends kinda harrass me about it by giving tough questions like "If god really does exist, then why is there such pain in the world." It sucks 'cuz they don't really mean to hurt me and when I tell them to shut up, they keep going on. there also my best friends so It's not like "I'm gonna abandon you now" 'cuz That aint exactly cristian Like either. I dunno, I'm just having a really hard time. Questions? Comments? Concerns?

Edit: When I say religious, I don't mean like... you know, Religious, I mean more like believeing in the cristian faith... and having a spiritual connection with christ.  
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 7:01 pm
Life is hard because God said it would be.
God said there would be suffereing, but he also said that he is suffereing with you.

You should talk to your frineds about it, tell them it really disturbs you, or whatever it makes you feel, when they say things that make you question your religion.  

[GWW Guild Mule]

thrashmetaljunkie

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 7:46 pm
good comes from all suffering, alot of suffering is to strenghten a relationship with God, or a test, but either way, good will come from it. if they question your religion, or r discriminate, tell them that Jesus didn discriminate, niether does God, n, that you dun discriminate against them for their beliefs, so if they ARE your friends, they won discriminate against you for your religion. also, show them how God is at work in your life, pray at lunch (i do all the time in front of the whole school) dun b ashamed, pray before class, read your bible...SUMTHING! just show that God is at work in your life, n if they are willing to accept that he is there, then they will see it, but you cannot force against freewill. i wish i could tell you more..but i'm tired, it was a long day, n i might go to bed soon...so ya, i might add 2 this post tomorrow when i'm fully awake ^^...O!!!! and pray for your friends as well  
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 8:16 pm
One main reason why there is so much suffering in the world is because many people dont believe in God, dont care about God, or just dont know about Him. Mankind causes most of the suffering in the world today. God gave us free will and many people abuse it. My friends vary widely in religious beliefs. Some of them are even Wiccan, but if your friends are true and good friends, then they would respect your beliefs.  

Princessofwhatever

BDSaint13

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 10:07 pm
Your-Face55
My Friends are either Atheist or they really aren't to carring of god, they just say, "He's out there, whatever, now lets do everything he said not to do!" (Well they don't REALLY say that...) Or my friends have another religious Figure. My friends kinda harrass me about it by giving tough questions like "If god really does exist, then why is there such pain in the world." It sucks 'cuz they don't really mean to hurt me and when I tell them to shut up, they keep going on. there also my best friends so It's not like "I'm gonna abandon you now" 'cuz That aint exactly cristian Like either. I dunno, I'm just having a really hard time. Questions? Comments? Concerns?

Comment: There is a reallly, REALLY good book out there called "Case for Faith" Written by Lee Strobel, It answers questions just like that, JUST like that, and you can come back with a great rebuttle or something that convinces them. If they are your friends they will listen what you have to say.  
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 10:55 pm
One thing God makes sure to tell us in the Bible is that we WILL have trials and tribulations just like everyone else. Just because you're a Christian doesn't mean you don't go through things either. Maybe you should talk to those who are your friends and let them know your feelings if it really bothers you. You know your faith and have it and that's all that matters is your personal relationship with God. You can just be yourself. Remember you aren't a lone whether spiritually or physically. heart  

LittlePinky82

LittlePinky82

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 10:56 pm
I agree there. And something I've found in my life is when I'm going through something and starting to doubt God something happens to reenforce my faith. I agree about freewill. They can't take your (original poster) faith away either. Don't forget that. Only you can do that.

thrashmetaljunkie
good comes from all suffering, alot of suffering is to strenghten a relationship with God, or a test, but either way, good will come from it. if they question your religion, or r discriminate, tell them that Jesus didn discriminate, niether does God, n, that you dun discriminate against them for their beliefs, so if they ARE your friends, they won discriminate against you for your religion. also, show them how God is at work in your life, pray at lunch (i do all the time in front of the whole school) dun b ashamed, pray before class, read your bible...SUMTHING! just show that God is at work in your life, n if they are willing to accept that he is there, then they will see it, but you cannot force against freewill. i wish i could tell you more..but i'm tired, it was a long day, n i might go to bed soon...so ya, i might add 2 this post tomorrow when i'm fully awake ^^...O!!!! and pray for your friends as well

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 4:49 am
1.I have athiests friends but I choose nice ones,not negitive ones
2.Remember you are a person of god,you go to church and do what he tells you to do,and you should answer them with something for from the bible like

The story of Adam and Eve,how god said not to eat from a tree but the serpet told them to do it,and they did,thats why we have sin

3.Christians should work together to change the world in how god wants it,tell your friends if you cant appect me for who i am why shall i accept you?

4.Try best to your power to answer there questions.

God bless you and May he be with you.  

dirtdevilgrunt13

`Kel`

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 9:09 am
Stop being religious, and start being spiritual. When the devil asks you questions like that. Like "why is there suffering in the world" answer it with confidence. Dont just say shut up. Answer it first, and then it will shut them up.

The answer to that question is, Because where God is, Satan is not, and were God is not, Satan is. We are not of this world, We were chosen to leave it behind. remember that. The worse the hold gets, that satan put on the earth, the closer our redemption draws near.

Pain & Suffering = Absence of God
Peace, Joy, Love = Presence of God
We were blessed to have God live in out hearts, so He is always with us.

Get out there and study for your next move. Be ready for questions that will get thrown at you. Put the armour of God on, and get ready to be an example to those around you, because God may want to use you to help someone there. Be aggresive, because Jesus is coming soon, and we can't waist any time. We need to help these people.

Im not saying go around with picket signs in front of your freinds and tell them thier going to hell. NO, have wisdom, dont offened anyone. Figure out what they would say before they say it, and most of all. Listen for Gods voice, and pray for wisdom to witness and to handle the questions that are thrown at you.

=)  
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 2:43 pm
Your-Face55

We should never be religous, Jesus dressed them down many of time for being religious. Matthew 15 is an example of it. Being religious is mainly putting on a show, usaly trying to one up some one. example "Lookie here, I've wash seven times today in a certain way."

As for the qustion "If god really does exist, then why is there such pain in the world?" is real simple to handle. Ask them "Do you want Him to remove free will and you become a robot?" Now what I did was make a "Sorrow Box" which is a box with a mirror on the inside. This would be what I would use the next time they ask me about pain in this world. "I would hand the the box and tell them the reason for the pain is in the box. When they look in, they will see their reflection. After all, we choose to cause the pain in most cases becuase we don't want to listen to our Father YHWH.

rockmanx

rebecca7523

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 7:23 pm
If theyre really your friends, they would accept your beliefs and admire your judgement. Even if they dont agree with you, theyre still your friends, and they should just leave the topic of your relashinship with Christ alone.  
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 5:54 pm
Thank you all for your help!  

Your-Face55

Muffin Face

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 6:14 pm
Lead by example. Okay so they ask you questions have answers for them. Show them how the love of God is present in your life. Like the joy and peace you have 24-7. That's what I'm doing now with my friends.  
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 1:34 am
oh man........so many opinions on this subject and very few being quite accurate.

why do we suffer? because the world is of corruption. we make each other suffer either through action or it is of our OWN fault. THAT is why we suffer. the only true suffering god brings upon us is the weather, for he controls it. there is specific versus in the bible where God himself states this and his reasons for bringing destructive weather is not of our knowledge. he is not obligated to tell us specific reasons.
But God is not blind to our suffering. Many forget that his son WALKED the earth as we do, he SUFFERED greatly as we do. He know's our pain.

But as was mentioned, suffering is NEEDED to learn, to grow. Without suffering what do we learn? The bible never states that life will be easy.

your so called "friends" mock and DISREPECT you. if they TRULLY didn't want to hurt you then they wouldn't mock or scorn you at ALL. you are foolish to keep befriending those who disrespect you and walk over you just because your religion is differen't then theirs. especially since they ask foolish questions.

mind you that because you of god's chosen, you WILL be mocked and scorned regardless. christians suffer more then the usual non believer. and just as Jesus was scorned, we will be scorned.

for other foolish questions such as "does god really exist?" again, as others have said, study the bible and answer them in wisdom OR you can backfire with simple logical responses such as "if you dont believe he exists then why are you asking in the first place? if one TRULLY believes that god doesn not exist they will NOT search out answers to find that he does."  

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Tarack Ollama

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:35 pm
PLEASE READ ALL OF THIS I THINK IT COULD HELP! =)!

First of all stop being religious and start living life =). No i don't mean stop following Christ i just think relgion was created by Satan to blind the world. Christianity is a way of a life .. the ultimate life =)

Secondly EVERY christian is hit with those questions! You just need to know how to answer them. Read the bible every day, it helps alot in answering. Secondly when they do ask you questions you don't know the answer to then basically tell them 'I can't answer everything all i know is my way of life is the best i know' explain why you are a christian and why it is so great!

Telling them to shut up is the worst thing to do. Your shutting them out when you should be excited to talk to them about Christ, afterall he did sacrifice himself to save them along with conquoring death amongst many other miracles xD plus your giving them what they want. In questioning you they are looking for a way to find faults in your beliefs .. they most definately think what you believe is stupid or doesn't make sense, it happens to everyone.

They probably don't fully understand the christian life style they will have a stereotype of what church is and what a christian is which may well be wrong. A friend called me a loser because i said i go to church three times a week then went on to say she would find it boring, i was confused as she has never truely experienced church therefore how could she find it boring? She basically has this idea of what church is and it's so far from the reality of Church life. This hurt me but i haven't told her. If what your friends are saying hurts then all you need to do is pray and show them love Please don't fall out with them over this. You need to be there for them in their times of need ready to show love and understanding just as Jesus does. =)

Erm anyway i hope some of that help at least a little please pm me some time i would love to chat with you about ... well everything i think i could really help you with some things.

lots of love and stuff <333
Stix
.x.

*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out