dirtdevilgrunt13

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:52 pm
Black or white magic?  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:46 pm
if you want better information about wicca here is somewhere to start

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Ravens Nest a pagan guild
Witchvox

VERY IMPORTANT LINKS! This is a link from one of the guilds im in, if you are just interesting in learning what its about, because i was extremley dissapointed by reading the first page, I highly suggest you read these pages and the one listed on important links. Please educate yourself further on what Wicca is, even tho you claim you arent anymore. To clearly know what it is and what it isnt is very good information to have.

-edit-
oh yea and your poll slightly insults me because wicca is neither.  

iRTsuki

` J A C K

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:21 am
O.O
I'm assuming you got tremendously flamed for putting this here,
But I'm not going to read through...
Anyways,
What I have to say about this...
The Bible says witchcraft is evil.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:51 am
I appreciate where you're coming from. I personally believe it is dangerous to dabble in 'magic', because it is obviously real and so much it comes from Satan's power I'm not saying that all Wiccans are Satanic or anything, I'm just saying it's dangerous.  

Grayfriend

Arachibutyrophobic

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:38 pm
blueprints for the black market...

Point One:
You're a naive, sad individual.
Point Two:
Wicca is of the devil.

All this Goddesss stuff you're spouting off about is all c.r.a.p. You cannot be dabbling in the power of the occult and all that shizz and still be considered Christian.

Even Satan knows Jesus is real. Demons know God is there, Jesus died, it doesn't mean they're all saved and going to heaven.
Just because you're acknowledging (Lord I can't spell) that yes, there is a Jesus and yes, He is the savior of the world, doesn't mean you're getting the whole picture here.
I'm REAL sure that dabbling in Wiccan things, being involved with that sort of culture, is not righteous and/ or OK'd by God.
You're.
Not.
Christian.
You're Wiccan trying to take out the offensive.
I'm not sorry that I said all this.

...anberlin

Donate your extra tickets? Them's mighty appretiated!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:39 pm
ravenspi
I appreciate where you're coming from. I personally believe it is dangerous to dabble in 'magic', because it is obviously real and so much it comes from Satan's power I'm not saying that all Wiccans are Satanic or anything, I'm just saying it's dangerous.

Of course not all Wiccans are directly Satanic.
But all magic is connected to Satan.
It's just that simple.
There's magic, and then there's the power of the Holy Spirit.
Wiccanism is magic.

...anberlin

Arachibutyrophobic

Arachibutyrophobic

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:42 pm
` J A C K
O.O
Anyways,

Amen.

...anberlin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:24 am
First of all, you seem to be posting this because you wish for everyone to open their mind and have a clear vision of what your religion is about. However, in doing so, you have also put down other religions in your own close-mindedness, which will probably makes some dislike your religion in the long run. Being a representative of your religion, and despite the note you put up, people see your example as the entire religion. Sad, but true. My suggestion to you is, if you truly wish to educate those about your religion, don't bash other religions and seem close-minded in the mean time, while asking others to be open-minded.

On to the actual important part.

Ace_Of_Swords
- Our modified Golden Rule, which is the golden law really, "Harm ye none, and do what ye will." We are not allowed to harm others or we will have the laws come back on us.

There is only one major problem that I have with this religion. By saying that you are capable of possessing great power of hurting others, with spells and such, aren't you dubbing yourself as powerful as God Himself, and only choosing to obey him out of your own will? It's one thing to just plain hurt someone with normal human capabilities, but if you think you possess such powers as to burn people and such, doesn’t that mean you think you are just as powerful as God? And you think you have the capability to control human will, yet you just choose not to? Isn’t that dubbing yourself in power as well...?

Please note that I am not bashing you in any way and if it seems like I am, I am truly sorry. I’m just trying to get some things cleared up. I’m glad you made a thread like these because I’m sure many people have questions that need to be answered. :]

gree

lordstar

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:37 pm
` J A C K
O.O
Anyways,

no, the popes would call everything they didn't like evil  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:52 pm
i am just going to repeat what alot of ppl have already said...
you are pretty sad if you believe what you said, Satan 'believes' in Jesus, but that doesnt mean that he is going to Heaven! i mean, he fought a battle w/ Jesus, and he will again! and i do believe that wicca is satanic, sorry if that 'offends' you, but i am proven not to be politically correct. i have done my share of research on this, esp. after i gave up one of my better friends when she went wiccan.  

jms_13_13

TN_Lark

200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:31 pm
Arachibutyrophobic

Point One:
You're a naive, sad individual.
Point Two:
Wicca is of the devil.

All this Goddesss stuff you're spouting off about is all c.r.a.p. You cannot be dabbling in the power of the occult and all that shizz and still be considered Christian.

Even Satan knows Jesus is real. Demons know God is there, Jesus died, it doesn't mean they're all saved and going to heaven.
Just because you're acknowledging (Lord I can't spell) that yes, there is a Jesus and yes, He is the savior of the world, doesn't mean you're getting the whole picture here.
I'm REAL sure that dabbling in Wiccan things, being involved with that sort of culture, is not righteous and/ or OK'd by God.
You're.
Not.
Christian.
You're Wiccan trying to take out the offensive.
I'm not sorry that I said all this.

...anberlin

Excuse me, but I believe that you have just violated several rules of t his forum, particularly those saying that you should not judge the paths of others and the rule that states that cursing is prohibited. Perhaps you should look at the rules at http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=1784855

Now, I wouldn't have a problem if you said that you disagreed with the beliefs of Wiccans and that they were not right for you. But you have no right to say that the beliefs of ANY religion are crap.

I will say that the OP in this thread has little knowledge of what Wiccans do believe or how they practice. Most people who are not Wiccan do not. But I can tell you that there are many, many Wiccans out there living righteous lives in accordance with the teachings of their faith. You might be surprised that they are sometimes more in accord with the teachings of Jesus than some Christians I know.

I think that Christianity is a beautiful religion..for Christians. But it is not my path, and therefore the teachings and the rules that apply to Christians as set forth in their Holy Book do not apply to me. I am only held accountable for living in accordance with the teachings of MY religion and the demands of my Gods. And one thing that they demand of me is tolerance for the beliefs of others.

-Lark-  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:39 pm
Gree
There is only one major problem that I have with this religion. By saying that you are capable of possessing great power of hurting others, with spells and such, aren't you dubbing yourself as powerful as God Himself, and only choosing to obey him out of your own will? It's one thing to just plain hurt someone with normal human capabilities, but if you think you possess such powers as to burn people and such, doesn’t that mean you think you are just as powerful as God? And you think you have the capability to control human will, yet you just choose not to? Isn’t that dubbing yourself in power as well...?

You are limiting it too much. The Rede which advises that we live our lives so as to do the least harm possible does not simply apply to magic or spells, it applies equally to mundane things. So a Wiccan would try to walk gently on the Earth, doing what they can to not cause harm to our planet. And they would try to treat others with respect and care..sort of like Jesus' commandment to love your neighbor as yourself.

Wiccans don't believe that they have god-like powers. We do believe that our Gods have granted to us the ability to make changes in the Universe to bring about what we truly need. We also believe that this gift should be used respectfully and carefully. I personally have never used spellwork to harm anyone, only for their benefit.

Unlike the OP, who obviously knows very little about what Wicca is really all about, Wiccans are NOT Christians. Therefore we are not bound by the teachings of Christianity. We have our own Gods and Goddesses to whom we listen and from whom we receive our teachings.

-Lark-  

TN_Lark

200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

TN_Lark

200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:42 pm
jms_13_13
i am just going to repeat what alot of ppl have already said...
you are pretty sad if you believe what you said, Satan 'believes' in Jesus, but that doesnt mean that he is going to Heaven! i mean, he fought a battle w/ Jesus, and he will again! and i do believe that wicca is satanic, sorry if that 'offends' you, but i am proven not to be politically correct. i have done my share of research on this, esp. after i gave up one of my better friends when she went wiccan.

Calling Wicca Satanic is a violation of your own forum rules. http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=1784855

I feel sorry that you walked away from a friendship just because someone did not believe the same things that you do. That is really sad. I can promise you that Wiccans are people just like yourself and that a Wiccan would have had the respect to permit you to chose which spiritual pat is right for you.

-Lark-  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:56 pm
Wow, I definitly disagree, Wicca and Christianity...*sigh* No.
I'm going to pray for you.
But I have some questions for you because I'm worried about my "Wiccan" friend.
First off, I KNOW Wicca is dangerous. Just trust me.
But she claims she is "pulmary Wiccan" who fights the "Sosarian Wiccans."
I sorry, I could barely understand what she was saying and I can't spell. But it sounded something like that.
Apparently, she was "psycically raped" and had to switch souls to go heal in the inner circle, and she switched souls with her "spiritual daughter" named "Soleste."
I've NEVER heard anything like this, and I do know a little about Wicca. Is she lying to me or does this actually exsist?  

dragongirl42391

TN_Lark

200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:06 pm
dragongirl42391
Wow, I definitly disagree, Wicca and Christianity...*sigh* No.
I'm going to pray for you.
But I have some questions for you because I'm worried about my "Wiccan" friend.
First off, I KNOW Wicca is dangerous. Just trust me.
But she claims she is "pulmary Wiccan" who fights the "Sosarian Wiccans."
I sorry, I could barely understand what she was saying and I can't spell. But it sounded something like that.
Apparently, she was "psycically raped" and had to switch souls to go heal in the inner circle, and she switched souls with her "spiritual daughter" named "Soleste."
I've NEVER heard anything like this, and I do know a little about Wicca. Is she lying to me or does this actually exsist?

Your friend obviously has little understanding of Wicca at all. It sounds like she's talking about a bad Hollywood movie or a trashy book. She may believe what she's saying, but I would suggest that you don't. And I would bet you a gazillion dollars to a doughnut that she's just trying to make herself seem more important by making ludicrous statements like this.

Nope, what she has described isn't Wicca and I doubt she is Wiccan either.

-Lark-  
Advice

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces