*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Back to Guilds

Reply Debate and Discussion
Can people with mental defects be saved??? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Can you be loved by Jesus after you have killed someone?
  YES definitly.
  NO. God said no killing.
  Maybe I am unclear on this one.
View Results

TezzyDarling

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 5:45 am
OF COURSE!!!

Quote:
John 3:16 for God did so love the world, that His Son -- the only begotten -- He gave, that every one who is believing in him may not perish, but may have life age-during.

Uhhh it didn't have any thing in there that said "Accept'eth those who'th have'th mentel deffects'eth"
>_> All are welcome!

Anyway, I'm not sure where but does he talk about an age of understanding per-individual. And if you mentelly retarded you may not understand very much, hmmm?

So it would be like a baby. The mind of one who understands-not!  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:18 pm
Dude..
if that's true..
I'm screwed >_<

I have ADHD and next week i get to go and find out what other mental disorders my test came up with. A lot of people think i have borderline personality disorder. Not cool.

But it is fun to freak people out when writing something to just randomly go from cursive to script...and change the "tone". hehe.

Eh...while i was in the looney bin i saw this one kid who was really bad. He heard voices and saw things. He would have conversations with no one next to him. *scary*

If someone can make a logical decision in their mind to comprehend what Jesus did for them, realize they've sinned, and that God is the only way to save their sins...
Then i don't care if they used to be Osama Bin Laden...God loves him too.
And honestly...i don't think that there isn't anyone that at one point in their life or another couldn't make a decision like that. You aren't born crazy.  

Siren of Saturn

PoppyDadswell

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:03 pm
take your pastor out the back and give him a hidding.how dare he?i have mental health problems.i supose he would like the likes of me put down like the nazis?has he ever felt the devasting effects of a nervous breakdown?or is his life controled on a daily basis by ocd?has he been gripped by the darkness of depression?may some day he will understand when he is laid so low that he tries to slash his wrists.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:09 am
Jenniferlynn
I am asking this question because I was told be a Pastor from a few years ago, if you have a defect God will not accept you. Is this true and if it is not how do you become saved with a mental defect like ADD or ADHD????????

i have add AND adhd

i am a christian

my brother is autistic he cannot choose, everything my spirit tells me that he will be in heaven. he cannot sin he cannot choose it he doesnt know right from wrong. he is thirteen.

add and adhd do not inhibit your knowledge of right and wrong therefor we choose just like everybody else, we just get bored faster in church.  

promised_child

Metanoeo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:14 am
Yes. People with mental defects could be saved but it depends on the will of God. Some say that those who have mental defects do not have the ability to knowledge God. That's not so...

Romans 1:18-20 (ESV)
For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth. For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:19 am
while thats true some mental defects hinder your capacity for right and wrong the Bible also says that those who did not know the law but lived it anyway were counted umong the rightous. my brother cant know, he believes because he is told, he sings because that is what he is told to do, he freaks out in crowds because that s what autism does. he cant choose Christ, and if you CANT make the decision you are counted among the inocent, just like babies and young children  

promised_child

promised_child

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:25 am
the bible says that it is the will of God to save all the world. Jesus didnt die for a select few, that is why He is the Passover Lamb  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:45 pm
If God gave these people mental disorders, he did it for a reason. Therefore I am positive that he has a plan for them, just like he does everyone else. Afterall, he knows we cant live up to a perfect image, so why would he expect someone with a serious debilitating mental disorder to be able to do things they are simply incapable of?  

AoiNamida

YeLlOwS

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:28 pm
Jenniferlynn
I am asking this question because I was told be a Pastor from a few years ago, if you have a defect God will not accept you. Is this true and if it is not how do you become saved with a mental defect like ADD or ADHD????????
i have a friend who has both ADD and ADAH and OCD and he love Jesus from the bottom of his heart and tries to serve him faithfully. his family even let a satanist kid stay with them while his mom was in the hospital.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:45 am
YeLlOwS
Jenniferlynn
i have a friend who has both ADD and ADAH and OCD and he love Jesus from the bottom of his heart and tries to serve him faithfully. his family even let a satanist kid stay with them while his mom was in the hospital.

amen. xd  

PoppyDadswell

theskyiscrying

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:10 am
Jenniferlynn
ur pastor is wrong!!god doesnt care what problems you have if you have a mental defect or not god accepts all of us as lond as we are willing to give aour lives to him  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:55 pm
amen bro  

promised_child

Metanoeo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:28 am
promised_child
the bible says that it is the will of God to save all the world. Jesus didnt die for a select few, that is why He is the Passover Lamb

Let's see...

John 6:37-44
37 "All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never cast out. 38 For I have come down from heaven, not to do my own will but the will of him who sent me. 39 And this is the will of him who sent me, that I should lose nothing of all that he has given me, but raise it up on the last day. 40 For this is the will of my Father, that everyone who looks on the Son and believes in him should have eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day.”

41 So the Jews grumbled about him, because he said, “I am the bread that came down from heaven.” 42 They said, “Is not this Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know? How does he now say, ‘I have come down from heaven’?” 43 Jesus answered them, “Do not grumble among yourselves. 44 No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him. And I will raise him up on the last day.

No one can come to Christ unless the Father draws them. For man is fallen and depraved so then we have no ability to do good by ourselves (Romans 3:10-18 ). I agree, Christ is the Lamb of God but this is irreverent what I been trying to point out.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:32 pm
Quote:
35 Jesus said unto them. I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall not hunger, and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

36 But I said unto you, that ye have seen me, and yet believe not.

37 All that which the Father giveth me shall come unto me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

38 For I am come down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.

39 And this is the will of him that sent me, that of all that which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up at the last day.

40 For this is the will of my Father, that every one that beholdeth the Son, and believeth on him, should have eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.

41 The Jews therefore murmured concerning him, because he said, I am the bread which came down out of heaven.

42 And they said, Is not this Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know? how doth he now say, I am come down out of heaven?

43 Jesus answered and said unto them, Murmur not among yourselves.

44 No man can come to me, except the Father that sent me draw him: and I will raise him up in the last day.

45 It is written in the prophets, And they shall all be taught of God. Every one that hath heard from the Father, and hath learned, cometh unto me.

46 Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he that is from God, he hath seen the Father.

47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth hath eternal life.

48 I am the bread of life.

49 Your fathers ate the manna in the wilderness, and they died.

50 This is the bread which cometh down out of heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die.

51 I am the living bread which came down out of heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: yea and the bread which I will give is my flesh, for the life of the world.

you should read the whole thing.

shalom  

promised_child

promised_child

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:37 pm
Romans 3:9-25
Quote:
9 What then? are we better than they? No, in no wise: for we before laid to the charge both of Jews and Greeks, that they are all under sin;

10 as it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one;

11 There is none that understandeth, There is none that seeketh after God;

12 They have all turned aside, they are together become unprofitable; There is none that doeth good, no, not, so much as one:

13 Their throat is an open sepulchre; With their tongues they have used deceit: The poison of asps is under their lips:

14 Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness:

15 Their feet are swift to shed blood;

16 Destruction and misery are in their ways;

17 And the way of peace have they not known:

18 There is no fear of God before their eyes.

19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it speaketh to them that are under the law; that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may be brought under the judgment of God:

20 because by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified in his sight; for through the law cometh the knowledge of sin.

21 But now apart from the law a righteousness of God hath been manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

22 even the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ unto all them that believe; for there is no distinction;

23 for all have sinned, and fall short of the glory of God;

24 being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

25 whom God set forth to be a propitiation, through faith, in his blood, to show his righteousness because of the passing over of the sins done aforetime, in the forbearance of God;

this is your second verse in context  
Debate and Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces