Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Guitarists Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The Original Guitar and Bass Guild 

Tags: Guitar, Bass, Guitars, Strings, Guitarist 

Reply The Guitarists Guild of Gaia
Getting To Know Your Community Psychos Part II Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Poisen_Lotus

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:59 pm
Gaia Name: Kikyokagome89
Gear (your guitar, amps ect.): Strat, boss distortion pedal, cheapie flanger, really shitty amp
Favorite Music: Gothic metal, Progressive, melodic black, metalcore, indie and and celtic when the mood strikes me
Favorite Guitarists: Bad with names so I'll just list bands; Kamelot, Nightwish, Draconian, Nirvana
What you like to play: metal or rock
Songs you can play: Ug... to many to list."make damn sure" by Taking back Sunday (even though I hate the band), Lithium, and smells like Teen spirit (nirvana), Pretty Woman, Santeria, Comfortably numb (pink Floyd), Hotel califonia, eye of the tiger, most any 12 bar blues, House of the rising Sun, Knights in white satin, meh I give up.
Been to Any Concerts: Nope, I'm dirt poor ^.^
When You Started : 2004
Bio: I like art (mostly fantasy), and of course music. I'm pretty good at singing and lyrics too (at least that's what I hope). I'm a bit of an occultist so i'm into tarot, cyrstals, candles and all that crap. I really don't know what else to say...  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:01 pm
Gaia Name: crazy_psycho_monkey
Gear (your guitar, amps ect.): Black Fender Squire Strat, Fender amp, Black Fender Bronco Bass, an unidentified Acoustic, and an unidetified Red Electric
Favorite Music: ALL
Favorite Guitarists: Billie Joe Armstrong, Bradley Nowell, Jimi Hendrix
What you like to play: ALL
Songs you can play: Come as you are (Nirvana), Smells like teen spirit (Nirvana), Date Rape (Sublime), Hotel Yorba (White Stripes), Boris the Spider (The Who), The Emo Song (Adam and Andrew), and many more...
Been to Any Concerts: Hells yeah, 2 GreenDay, White Stripes, the Vines, Weird Al, the Adolescents... way too many to count...
When You Started: A few years ago
Bio: Uh... potatoes...  

Crazy Psycho Monkey

DigitalTrowa

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:27 pm
Gaia Name: DigitalTrowa
Gear (your guitar, amps ect.): Squier Strat, Pod XT Live, Epiphone Les Paul, Austin Acoustic, Squier 10 Watt, other sound making implements
Favorite Music: Post rock, prog-metal, indie
Favorite Guitarists: Kevin Shields, Dave Knudson, Stephan Malkmus, Paul Waggoner, Q and not U
What you like to play: post rock, metal influenced indie
Songs you can play: A few.
Been to Any Concerts: Hundreds.
When you started: 4 years ago  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:47 pm

I pmed my one, but I'll post it here as well. :B

User Image

Gaia Name: xxClyde
Gear (your guitar, amps ect.): Giannini acoustic, my sisters Behringer electric which came with an amp (not the greatest quality)
Favorite Music: Rock/Alternative/Pop/Christian
Favorite Guitarists: Eddie Vanhalen, Jimmy Hendrix, Lindsey Buckingham
What you like to play: Eh, whatever song that I like and is able to play.. I'm kindof writing a song right now. I work on it off and on.
Songs you can play: Right now I'm learning Coming Home by City and Color. I can play most of Stairway To Heaven, Best I've Ever Had by Vertical Horizon, Knocking on Heavens Door (who can't play that one?!), most of Everloving by Moby and such.
Been to Any Concerts: One and that was The Trews. I wish I could go to more..
When You Started: Huh, it's hard to remember.. About 2-3 years ago I think.
Bio: I've moved 3 times and now I'm in grade 10. My Dad was the one who inspired me to start guitar and my Giannini used to be his until he got a new electic acoustic (I'm jealous!). Him and I play at my church about every Sunday so I know how to play a lot of Christian songs. My friend and I get together and learn songs too. Yeahh.

xxClyde

The Emo Biscuit

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:53 pm
Gear (your guitar, amps ect.):Les Paul Custom(Took out old humbuckers and put in some Zakk Wylde EMGs), Takamine Koa, Squier 51', GuitarBug, Valveking 112, Boss Noise Compresser, RP150, Wylde Overdrive, Crybaby Wah, and a hopeless pile of Mogami and patchbay cables

Favorite Music: Punk, emo, heavy, classic, blues, and alternative
Favorite Guitarists: Ray Toro, Carlos Santana, Jimi Hendrix, Angus Young, and Iggy Pop
What you like to play: Basically everything in my favorite music section
Songs you can play: Beast and the Harlot(Avenged Sevenfold)Dead!(MCR)BYOB(System Of A Down)Welcome Home(Coheed And Cambria)Miss Murder(AFI)Lying Eyes(Eagles, and yes, it does seem kinda outta place in this list sweatdrop )
Been to Any Concerts: Warped Tour 05'
When You Started: About 2 and a half years ago
Bio: Basically, I was exposed to AC/DC cause of my cousin and couldn't stop obsessing over their songs and wanted to be able to play them so I picked up my mom's guitar and it all went from there xd  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:01 am
Gaia Name: suicidial tendancy
Gear (your guitar, amps ect.): First Act Accoustic( first guitar, doesn't sound bad when it's tuend properly) epiphone les paul black buety epiphone studio 10s
Favorite Music: lots of stuff mostly classic rock and 80 metal like metallica,also like some country
Favorite Guitarists: hendrix,Van halen,Angus Young ,slash,Krit hammit , jimmy paige, also really like some of joe perry work.
What you like to play: well most of the stuff i know is classic rock
Songs you can play: nothing all the way through but i know bitrs and pieces of,crazy train by ozzy,stairway to heaven by zeplin and bad to the bone to name a few. trying to finish my first song all the way through ,Dream on by aerosmith
Been to Any Concerts: nope
When You Started : 2006
Bio: i don't have much. pretty musch bvorn and raised where i live now.  

suicidial tendancy

Radriff

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:43 pm

Gaia Name: Radriff

Gear (your guitar, amps ect.): Dean CFH ML w/ original floyd, fender strat, marshall MG30DFX [replacing], Ibanez Tube screamer, Dumlop Wah Pedal, BOSS Phase.

Favorite Music: My main focus is metal these days mainly because my band plays metal...so therefore metal, i also listen to/play alot of bluesy stuff and im in two jazz bands[playim guitar of course].

Favorite Guitarists: Jerry Cantrell, Dimebag, J. Yuenger, Vernon Reid, Tony Iommi, Slash, JImmy Page, Steve Vai, kirk hammet, adam jones etc, etc, etc....

What you like to play: im in a band that plays hard rock/metal so thats my main focus these days but i also like to sit dowsn with my strat and have a blues jam with some freinds.

Songs you can play: way to many to list bro!, nowadays i mostly play my own stuff, i think thats more important than playing someone elses stuff.

Best Concert: TENACIOUS D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEST CONCERT EVURRRRRR

When You Started (the guitar of course icon_wink.gif ): bout three years ago  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:20 pm
Real Name: Erick "Shen" L. (If you really want to know my last name get to know me)
Gaia Name: Shen Akamatsu
Gear (your guitar, amps ect.): 12 string fender acoustic, Gibson Les paul, Fender '58 straticaster, ESP AX Series, a Yamaha 6 string acoustic, an old squier strat, a Roland amp and a whole bunch of cables, pedals and stuff
Favorite Music: Punk/Folk Punk
Favorite Guitarists: Pat the bunny (Johhny Hobo and the Freight trains)
What you like to play: My own songs, folk punk.
Songs you can play: Quite a few, mostly Broadways, Causalties, Johnny hobo, Defiance ohio.
Been to Any Concerts: Yah, my fiance's band I frequent, I've been to a Damage plan concert, and a Johnny hobo and the freight trains concert.
When You Started : About two years ago  

Shen Akamatsu

CwP

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:44 pm
Gaia Name: CwP
Gear (your guitar, amps ect.): Starcaster, Saving up for a Dean.
Favorite Music: Sabbath,Pantera,Megadeath,Guns N Roses, Metallica, AD/DC, That's just a few. smile
Favorite Guitarists: Dimebag Darrel, Zakk Wylde, Randy Rhodes
What you like to play: Metal when I can.
Songs you can play: Godzilla by Blue Oyster Cult, Black Sabbath by Black Sabbath, Yeah pretty much just slow stuff right now.
Been to Any Concerts: Sadly enough no.
When You Started : Last year(06) I just now started making progress.
Bio:Ask if you really want to know.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:54 pm
Hi! Thanks so much for letting me join!

Gaia Name: LadyAlina

Gear (your guitar, amps ect.): One yamaha deadnough (AKA Brad) . . . that's about it. Oh, and a pair of Vic Firth Drumsticks. Some picks that are scattered around the house, since I keep misplacing them. A cheap capo, less than 10 bucks, and not really that good either. I never use it because I'm so afraid of scaring Brad.

Favorite Music: Rap, Hip/hop and R&B (and yes, I'm not ashamed to admit it), Rock. Some of the older, guitar driven stuff played by acoustic guitarists. Anything by Linkin Park, my favourite band.

Favorite Guitarists: Brad Delson. He was the one who inspired me to play guitar in the first place. I even named my guitar Brad in honour of him. Others like Eric Clapton, the Beatles, Buddy Holly, Elvis Presley.

What you like to play: When I have the time, I play normally Christian songs with simple chords, though trying to learn more. Also, some songsheets I copied from the internet, like "Winds of Change" by Scorpions and "Leaving on a Jet Plane" by John Denver.

Songs you can play: Well . . . mainly songs with the simpler chords.

Been to Any Concerts: No, and will never do so, hate crowds.

When You Started: About five years ago. My cousin introduced me to Linkin Park (I hated them without even listening to their music, so decided to give themn a try), and they became my favourite band. I really admired Brad Delson and the snazzy guitar riffs, and thus, my love for the guitar grew. I even bought my own and started to learn how to play. Nowever, ever since I started really studying for school, I didn't have the time to improve my skills.

Bio: Well . . . besides music, I love reading stories, writing (planning on becoming a writer, but starting on fanfiction first) and communicating on forums like this.  

LadyAlina

Sakura Nashimari

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:49 am
Gaia Name: Sakura (Nashimara)
Gear (your guitar, amps ect.): http://www.music123.com/Epiphone-Special-II-Player-Pack-Package-Electric-Guitar-i38034.music
Favorite Music: rock
Favorite Guitarists: Frank Iero, Ray Toro, Prince, Keith Richards, ect..
What you like to play: elecrtic guitar
Songs you can play: Silent Night (I just got the guitar and i'm teaching myself how to read music right now)
Been to Any Concerts: Muse and MCR
When You Started: very recentally xD but i'm an idiot and can't remember the day lmao
Bio: I'm Noelle. fear me. mwhahahahahahahahhahahahaha! twisted  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:54 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Here are some samples of my playing via Myspace!

www.myspace.com/steveconversemusic

Gaia Name: Shredi Knight

Gear (your guitar, amps ect.): I've got an IbanezRG470(black), a Gibson Sonicx, another blue Ibanez, and a yamaha acoustic. As far as other things, I've got a full tube Fender Deville amp that definitely gets the job done on amplifying the sound, and then to do all the tone processing(and other fun stuff), I've got my RP350. I hope to upgrade my guitar to a John Petrucci Musicman 7-string, and also get the PODxt amp modeler(for direct recording). I record via Audacity(directly plug pedal into my PC)

Favorite Music: Alice In Chains, The Ataris, B.B King, The Beatles, Chet Atkins, Cowboy Bebop(amazing soundtrack), Days Of The New, Dream Theater(personal favorite), Evanescence, Fiona Apple, Foghat, Hoobastank, Incubus(another personal favorite), Jack johnson, Joe Satriani, John Mayer, John Petrucci, Jordan Rudess, The K.G.B.(these guys were great!), Kelly Clarkson, Linkin Park, Liquid Tension Experiment, Maroon 5, Muse, Neil young, Opeth, Queensryche, Sarah McLachlan , Sonata Artica, Steve Vai, Symphony X, Tommy Emmanuel, Tool, Tori Amos, even Weezer! (I also enjoy basically any kind of instrumental music...you know, sountracks.) There's a scroll through my library.

Favorite Guitarists: John Petrucci, Satriani, Vai, Michael romeo, Andy Timmons, Paul Gilbert, Tommy Emmanuel.
What you like to play: I like to play anything, but I usually find myself playign stuff along the lines of Dream Theater, Liquid Tension and such. I like to improvise over backing tracks alot.

Songs you can play: In The Name of God(dream Theater), Under a Glass Moon(Dream Theater), Flying In a Blue Dream(Satriani), A Change Of Seasons(Dream Theater)...There's alot of other stuff, I promise... razz

Been to Any Concerts: A few.

When You Started : I started playing around 5th grade, didn't REALLY get serious until about 8th grade, and now I'm approachign 10th grade.
Bio: Just get to know me!  

Shredi_Knight

iGuitarGuy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:00 am
Gaia Name: Sasquatch9934
Gear (your guitar, amps ect.): Greg Bennett (Samick) Signature Series MB1 MR, Original Crybaby Wah Pedal, Lyon Distortion Pedal, Small Peavey Backstage Amp
Favorite Music: Metal and any sort of rock
Favorite Guitarists:i suppose my favorites are the ones i talk to, i mean, sure, all the other popular guitarists are great but they are too busy to just talk to random people lol, or do they? well my friend Kentaro is one
What you like to play: Hmm i like to play anything i CAN play lol, well my prefered is fast pace songs
Songs you can play: well im trying to play a lot of songs, but im not too good at the sweeping solos and going up and down the fretboard at 300 miles an hour
Been to Any Concerts: well an old friend played with his band
When You Started : well basically this year. i mean i had a guitar before but didnt really pick it up, it was a yamaha acuistic and i just wanted an electric for now.
Bio: Well for specifics you can ask me i suppose  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:19 am
Gaia Name: Deathsnyper
Gear (your guitar, amps ect.):
Silvertone Electric (Don't know the model)
Silvertone amp (Don't know this model either)
Iris Acoustic (It's very old
ESP LTD Alexi-200 soon to come
Favorite Music:
Glam/Hair metal: (A few examples: Ratt, Skid Row, Poison)
Classic Rock: (A few examples: Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd)
Heavy Metal: (A few examples: Trivium, Demon Hunter, Godsmack)
Favorite Guitarists: Jimmy Page(Led Zeppelin), Jimi Hendrix(Jimi Hendrix Experience), Warren DeMartini(Ratt), Sam Totman(Dragonforce), Angus Young(AC/DC), Paul Stanley(Kiss), Slash(Guns 'N' Roses), Eddie Van Halen(Van Halen)
What you like to play: All the old Classic Rock, Hair/Glam Metal
Songs you can play: Crazy Train(Ozzy Osbourne (Randy Rhoads)), Sweet Child O' Mine(Guns N' Roses), Stairway to Heaven(Led Zeppelin), Deteriorate(Demon Hunter)
Been to Any Concerts: I wish, I was going to go to Iron Maiden this summer. But still, I live in Turkey which is close to Germany so I can get a plan ticket and go there for next to nothing.
When You Started: Half a year ago
Bio:
My name is Zac, I have moved 7 times Texas, Arkansas, North Carolina, Virginia, Kansas, New Jersey, Turkey (in that order). My dad is in the Air Force. After listening to Kiss and hearing Paul Stanley play guitar it just made me want to play. And also Jimmy Page was the guitarist that confirmed my buying of a guitar and learning.  

xViking-Shredderx

sushi phish

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:43 pm
Gaia Name: doctor rocksolid
Gear (your guitar, amps ect.): gibson SG special, gibson les paul special, fender M80 pro amp
Favorite Music: rock, metal, jazz, blues, techno, trance, indie
Favorite Guitarists: anyone who plays guitar =]
What you like to play: rock and metal
Songs you can play: lots
Been to Any Concerts: yesssss
When You Started : 12
Bio: i like guitars, music, girls, motorcycles, cars, lava lamps, tattoos, and food  
The Guitarists Guild of Gaia

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff