Help!

Quick Reply

Submit

Help!
  ok!
View Results

xdarkeningxkittenx

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:25 pm
This Halloween I am making my costume, cause im sick of the crap costumes you buy at the store! There are two things I need to know.
1. I need a pattern for the robes. If you can find one, let me know.
2. You know how they wear the grey sweaters? Would I wear a long sleeve shirt, or short sleev shirt?(I'll probably get long sleeve though)
I need help! smilies/icon_sweatdrop.gif  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:06 pm
http://www.alleycatscratch.com/lotr/makingem/Patterns/Cloaks.htm

That is a really neat site, I haven't tried any of the patterns yet because I don't have a sewing machine and it really wasn't a task that I wanted to tackle by hand. But I think you might find what you need there, you can eaisly alter the pattern to look how you want, the great thing about making a cloak/robe is that it is all slack fabric and there really isn't much but stragit lines to sew. You can also find all sorts of places online that sell all kinds of clasps. If you need anymore info or anything lemme know and I will be happy to help. smilies/icon_3nodding.gif

And as for the shirt, I dunno where you live or what your doing for hallloween but, here its cold as hell during Halloween so I would recomend a long sleeve shirt.  

naynaygoose

Nanie Chama

Distinct Seeker

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:00 am
You should be able to find a cloak pattern at a fabric store. That's what my cousin does (she goes to Rennisance Faires and sews her clothes for them, she's soo lucky...)  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:30 am
Oh yeah Nanie Chama! Duh why didn't I think of that?? smilies/icon_rofl.gif smilies/icon_rofl.gif My x-bf's mom was really into sewing and stuff, she used to make her own patterns out of old newspaper. You could try that too smilies/icon_3nodding.gif  

naynaygoose

vampiress 777

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 3:56 pm
well, first it kind of depends on where you live if you want a long sleeve or short sleeve. i mean you don't want to cover up your costume right? smilies/icon_rofl.gif  
Slytherin House

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games