Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Welcome to the Rehab Center Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 85 86 87 88 89 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AvalonAuggie

4,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:08 pm
Quote:

I'm not sure if i'd done an into yet in all my grand lurkings, so here's one for ya!

I go by aradia online but only because i don't like using my real name on the interbutts. i'm a 23 year old mom of twins. religiously, i practice Aradian Stregoneria, which means I use C.G. Leland's texts as reference instead of *shudders* grimassi's. My grandfather was from siciliy so i use some greek things interchanged with the italian. magically, i practice hedge magics, kitchen magics, a little hoodoo thrown in for good measure. little practical things, nothing ceremonial really. i know it's silly, but what i explain to people is i'm kind of like the aunts in "practical magic" as far as, you come to my house throw a donation on the table and i do a working for you. so yeah, i hope to be able to contribute greatly to the guild.

Welcome! or Happy Delurking!
So how did you get involved in your path? Is it a family tradition or did you adopt it independently?

I'm looking into incorporating some hoodoo into my own hodgepodge of practices, and I'm curious as to any resources or source materials you might use. I haven't found anything terribly useful at the local bookstores, and I don't know which websites are the most reliable for this sort of thing. confused  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:21 am
AvalonAuggie
Quote:

I'm not sure if i'd done an into yet in all my grand lurkings, so here's one for ya!

I go by aradia online but only because i don't like using my real name on the interbutts. i'm a 23 year old mom of twins. religiously, i practice Aradian Stregoneria, which means I use C.G. Leland's texts as reference instead of *shudders* grimassi's. My grandfather was from siciliy so i use some greek things interchanged with the italian. magically, i practice hedge magics, kitchen magics, a little hoodoo thrown in for good measure. little practical things, nothing ceremonial really. i know it's silly, but what i explain to people is i'm kind of like the aunts in "practical magic" as far as, you come to my house throw a donation on the table and i do a working for you. so yeah, i hope to be able to contribute greatly to the guild.

Welcome! or Happy Delurking!
So how did you get involved in your path? Is it a family tradition or did you adopt it independently?

I'm looking into incorporating some hoodoo into my own hodgepodge of practices, and I'm curious as to any resources or source materials you might use. I haven't found anything terribly useful at the local bookstores, and I don't know which websites are the most reliable for this sort of thing. confused

I adopted it independently, when I was 18 i came to the realization that most of the bunny writings available didnt feel right, that i wanted something more tangible, older, i started seeking out occult texts from the 1900's and older, found Leland's work with the folk religion of italy, and knew i was home. It called to my roots, as does, in a way, hoodoo, since i'm a metis and hoodoo is metis in nature (metis is a racial cross-breed of native american and european. My grandmother that married my scillian grandfather was 100% ottowa.)

some of the better hoodoo resources i've found are "roots stones sticks and bones" and "papa jim's herbal magic workbook" which is great for all the low magic i do.  

Satyr Prince

Tipsy Reveler

6,950 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conversationalist 100

Jokoria17

5,100 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:22 pm
{Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law, or hello for all the non-Thelemites in the guild.

I'm Mihi. No, I don't feel like saying my real name, so let's just take Mihi please? Okay, thanks. 3nodding

I was raised Catholic, even got confirmed in the 8th grade but by the middle to end of 9th I realized that Catholicism wasn't doing it for me. (No bash intended, just personally didn't work).

Somehow I ended up in Thelema. I do not regret this choice. I've been a Thelemite for a few years now (I'm in 12th grade, so about 3 years). -No I do not claim perfection. Mine is a very inexperienced self, even now.-

The main reason I'm here is to study up on general paganism. You see, I'm working on this project of mine to make a little premier to Paganism and the Occult. I'd like to have my facts straight. This seems to be a good place to look.

Yeah, that's me...

Love is the law, love under will. (AKA "bai")

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:26 pm
Hi my name is Heather, i'm 18. I'm pagan but as far as specifics of path and what not, nothing has really screamed out my name. Right now i'm in the process of just poking my nose about things and finding out what my calling is and who i really am. 3nodding  

Leaf pup

Adalyna

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:23 pm
most of you already met me, I'm Sara. My old account name was Asahi Sara, it didn't feel like me so I changed it sorry.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:45 pm
Hello! I'm Bran. (Please don't link my user name to Raven Silverwolf or whatever her name is, it came from a character in a novel I was writing.)

I'm 25 years old and I identify myself as Norse Pagan. I've been pagan since I was 12. I have a daughter who is a year old. Her name is Saoirse. It's nice to meet everyone!  

Branwen Silverwolf

Devoted Prophet

7,250 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Brandisher 100

Collowrath

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:25 pm
Branwen Silverwolf
Hello! I'm Bran. (Please don't link my user name to Raven Silverwolf or whatever her name is, it came from a character in a novel I was writing.)

I'm 25 years old and I identify myself as Norse Pagan. I've been pagan since I was 12. I have a daughter who is a year old. Her name is Saoirse. It's nice to meet everyone!

Welcome to the guild Branwen!  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:54 pm
hello, i'm Shade (magical name i don't give out my given name on the web unless someone i have gotten to know for a while ask.)

well i joined this guild to help me find the right path. i'm starting to think it ain't wicca. because the more i learn the more i feel like a fluffbunny.  

-MysticCherri-

Fuzzy Lunatic

Eltanin Sadachbia

Fashionable Nerd

9,950 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:31 pm
I didn't realize that I hadn't posted here yet. redface

My name is Eltanin, but you can call me Elta. I am not pagan, but I have several friends who are. I like to understand other people's point of view, and I like to have facts straight as well.

Most of my friends are sensible, and I even relate to their beliefs in a major way: but a few of them just scare me when they start talking about what they believe. I try to find the balance between relating to them, and just learning to leave well enough alone.

I think knowing learning the points of view of people who have previously been in my friend's shoes, learning about where certain strange views have originated, and how people have overcome those same ideas will help me accept, and not judge my few fantastical pagan friends.

I hope I don't sound awful to anyone here. In short, my main objective is to broaden my understanding.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:38 am
Eltanin Sadachbia
I didn't realize that I hadn't posted here yet. redface

My name is Eltanin, but you can call me Elta. I am not pagan, but I have several friends who are. I like to understand other people's point of view, and I like to have facts straight as well.

Most of my friends are sensible, and I even relate to their beliefs in a major way: but a few of them just scare me when they start talking about what they believe. I try to find the balance between relating to them, and just learning to leave well enough alone.

I think knowing learning the points of view of people who have previously been in my friend's shoes, learning about where certain strange views have originated, and how people have overcome those same ideas will help me accept, and not judge my few fantastical pagan friends.

I hope I don't sound awful to anyone here. In short, my main objective is to broaden my understanding.

None of that sounded awful to me. The fact that someone would go out of their way to understand a viewpoint rather then condemn it after a few minutes is a good thing. smile  

Kuroiban

Dapper Explorer

2,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100

Dante Moonshadow

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:11 pm
Hello all, my adopted/magick name is Dante Moonshadow. I've been studying pagan ideologies since about age 15 (i'm 21 now). For a while, I identified myself as wiccan, but the sort of "light a few candles ---> say a few words ----> ?????----> profit/results" mentality that most refer to as "fluffy bunny" didn't seem right. So now, i'm sort of doing my own thing atm  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:47 pm
((I'm really bad at this sweatdrop ))

Hello everyone, my name is Tia and I'm 20 years old. I am in the process of just studying whatever I may get my hands on. I always have questions when it has to do with Paganism. I find it very interesting and I look forward to learn more about what fits me and I look forward to learning.  

Unbeatable Tofu

Wheezing Sex Symbol

DarkAliceChibi

Proxy Survivor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:47 pm
Uhm...Hello! (I'm bad at introductions.)
I've been a member of/lurking in this guild for...I think a year or more, now. And I just realised that I don't think I've ever actually posted anything. So, I will now.

My name is Arin. I also go by, as per my screen name, DAC. I'm 18.
I was basically raised in the pagan community. My father is a Hare Krishna, and there's several witches of varying types in my immediate family. However, I was never really taught much about, or taught to be anything, religion-wise, and was basically left to fend for decide for myself in that regard. So I don't necessarily know all that much about my family member's respective paths. Somehow, it feels almost embarrassing to me to ask my family about it. So...I'm here to learn. I've already learned a lot by lurking, and I hope to learn more.
Thanks!  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:38 pm
Alright, let's summarize who I am and why I'm here. Twenty-five year old genetic male viewing myself as generally sexless but predominantly male since those are the bits and hormones I have. Cultural background: second (third?) generation Greek (grandparents and most other members of paternal family are Greek immigrants). On maternal side generic mid-west american dutch/native american Roman Catholics. I was adopted from a family of genetically Irish (Norman descent) and German stock. I was baptized Greek Orthodox (recognized by roman catholic church) and confirmed catholic in eighth grade. This confirmation was forced on me against my will. I was attending catholic school at the time and it was required of all registered catholic students. In preparation for my confirmation I learned that the religion frowned upon the study of magic and divination as well as a certain activity I did in the privacy of my bedroom. (I had been studying necromancy, high magic, and hermetic alchemy from a young age having initially checked out a book on alchemy from the library around the age of 5 or 6 and becoming hooked. About a year or so later I purchased The Book of Ceremonial Magic by Waite in order to begin more formal study.) After learning those two things as well as finding out they didn't think my cat had a soul I realized I had never been particularly attached to the religion anyway so I decided to jump ship. I floated quite aimlessly from a spiritual perspective through my high school freshman year. Eventually it occurred to me that their had been many religions before christianity and I should see what exists as far as info on them. Unfortunately, this is where I fell in with a bad crowd. I became associated with "wiccans." This led me down a very dark path of three-fold laws, motes, and Konstantinos. After I hit rock bottom by becoming a "dark wiccan" I sat up, looked around, and realized what a buffoon I'd been. The mistakes I made in the past became a learning experience that helped guide me back in the right direction spiritually. Eventually I created a nice, cozy little personal religion for myself and was mostly happy. In the back of my head there was always a little yearning, though. I still felt spiritually incomplete. I just knew that there had to be a religion in existence that fit my exacting demands. I kept trying to shove myself into established religions I respected but they never quite fit.

This brings me to why I'm here. Recently I discovered Asatru. Looking over all the resources I've found on the religion it seems to fit all my criteria like a glove. It also engenders in me a sense of fundamental rightness and belonging I have never felt from any religion before. As an ex "dark wiccan who should have known better" as well as a multiple religious divorcee I throw myself upon the mercy of this guild to help me get this whole converting thing. I want to make sure I hammer out any misperceptions I have as well as just generally assure I always am guided to the best resources possible in my quest for further knowledge.

Thank you and I'm sorry for the length.  

Vairadeya

Musical_Vampire_Socks

27,300 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Converting 100 items 100
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 9:17 pm
Hi, I have been a member of this guild for awhile but I don't like posting much because its seems like often I have seen people here who like to prove other people wrong and themselves right when to me its not so much a thing of who's right and who's wrong since everyone is different and their personal experiences/perspectives are different.

Buy anyway..Hi I'm Remmy, 22, I have been studying paganism myself for about three years now while taking some basic classes here and their from local covens. I'm always looking to learn more.
I enjoy hearing about other peoples point of views on their faith and how they came to their beliefs.
...not so much sure what else to say....but I felt like posting...so I did....

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 85 86 87 88 89 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff