Reply Alternia RP
[Meta PRP] King of the Hill - Mahmud + Quella

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Buzzwulf

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:19 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Once you've got a taste, how could you ever go back?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:39 pm
Quella was having so much fun with slam poetry, she was disappointed when trolls finally began to leave. As the last of the trolls filtered out, she caught sight of the teen brownblood who'd started the whole impromptu group. Wasting no time, she dashed over and screeched to a halt in front of the troll as he sauntered away from the poetry pit.

"Hey!" the yellowblood called out, putting herself right in the older troll's path. "I didn't even know word battles were a thing! Do trolls do this all the time? Is this how we tell who's the one on the top of the pack?" Quella was burning for answers, and also more raps. The brownblood had been clearly the one to set up the battles, and also the one who'd called the winners out. Did that mean that he was pack leader?

Quella wasn't sure if she could take him, if that was the case. He was clearly one of the better word trolls that had been on the stage, and Quella was starting to feel pretty worded-out after all the intense concentrating she'd had to do on the spot. Still, she was determined to be the best slam poet of them all!

Skyli Peep

Buzzwulf

penemueIntuition

Magical Bro

23,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:20 am
        Thank. Gog. Ugh slam poetry was something he adored, but too much of it with so many strangers was tiresome to this troll. Honestly, it wasn’t even supposed to have gotten as far as it did… some random person came over and wanted to see what he was writing about. Next thing he knew, there was a little crowd and he was motivated to share some of his works… and it just snowballed from there. It had been a long session of trying to make sure they all stayed civil and placating their needs to know who was best but Mahmud felt he did the best he could. Even if he was exhausted with it all, he couldn’t say he left upset.

One troll stayed behind however, eager and full of questions. ”Oh!” Eager was… certainly one way of describing it. Meddlesome could be another. Either way though, her questions were innocent enough (save for that weird one about being at the top of the pack). Couldn’t be too bad to foster a love for the art , right?

”You mean the Slam Poetry Battle, right? It’s something trolls do fairly often I imagine, just at events. This was just impromptu.” Despite his nerves being on the fried side, Mahmud just kept smiling at Quella. ”You’re pretty good at it yourself. Honestly, I uh…” a little smirk twitched on his lips. ”Action Barbie… still really great. Apt description of Scorpa I’d say.” Still though, there were no doubts she could deliver a great verbal blow. Of all the sirens she definitely was the more tolerable.

”Seriously though, you’ve never rhymed like that before? I don’t believe it.”

buzzwulf

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:48 pm
If there was some kind of pack that ruled over her kind, Quella was pretty sure that this orangeblood had never been in it. It sounded like he just did this... slam poetry... thing... for fun. Which was great! But now Quella wondered just a bit if she was starting to associate with the weird parts of the pack. She'd seen members of Akurra's pack get run off because they couldn't hunt, or were gassy all the time, or were just plain weird. She didn't want that to happen to her. Still, what could possibly be wrong with a little bit of play now and again? The blueblood gave Mahmud a big smile.

"Thanks! I wasn't really sure if I was doing it right, but I just kinda went with what felt good. Speaking of which... how come you didn't really get into the fight yourself? You were kinda running the whole thing, so I figured you'd let a bunch of challengers get all fluffed up, then smack us all down at once. That's how my lusus does it!"
Quella exclaimed, puffing up with a little bit of pride. "I was really excited to see if I could beat what you came up with, but then we kinda fizzled out!"

Quella thought for a second, kicked at a little bit of dust on the ground. She looked at Mahmud, wondering how a troll that looked so meek had such a kickass pastime and didn't even seem to be all that proud of it. Weird!

"Anyway, I guess I was just wondering... do you wanna try and practice some more sometime? I bet I can do even better! The best, even!"

Skyli Peep

Buzzwulf

penemueIntuition

Magical Bro

23,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:19 pm
        Fizzled out hunh… Was that really the impression he gave? Admittedly, hearing her talk about what her lusus would do and her aggressive methodology was amusing beyond all reason. She was young, and excited. Just like how he’d get excited as a kid just writing the poetry he loved so dearly.

Mahmud blinked for a moment when Quella requested practice time. Slowly he looked to one side, then the other side, finally back to her. And then? He grinned. Gave the biggest, goofiest grin he could muster and murmured to her in a voice only she could hear.

”You really wanna rhyme, want a skill you can conquer?
        You’ve got the skill, got the time, and the talent I can concur.
        I don’t have a lot of time, I can spare a couple moments
        Swapping our info sounds prime, let’s go cause some more commotion.”

There was a twinkle in Mahmud’s eye and he gave a wink. ”First rule of Alternian Slam Poetry is to be creative… second is to master Polysyllabic rhymes.” Was it possible to grin wider? Apparently it had been, because Mahmud was smiling even more. ”Like… not just rhyming mutt and butt. Getting to it, like rhyming “that mutt” with “fat butt””. Gog he couldn’t believe he was teaching polysyllabic rhymes to a kid using the word ‘butt’. This truly was an odd day.

buzzwulf

Alternia RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff