pyorno -
"Yaaaay! Human places. I love human places. ...But there are no humans here. What a pity. Anyway!"

Toki rushes gracelessly through the abandoned temple grounds, rummaging through wardrobes and storage rooms, knocking over boxes and crates, determined to find some sort of (preferably bite-sized) souvenir.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

AriaStarstone -
Ekaterina emerged from the portal, moving carefully and curiously. This was a part of the world she was entirely unfamiliar with, even in her studies, and she was curious as to what she would find when she began to explore the place. She glanced ar the aging architecture, and made a soft sound of admiration... Followed by a sound of startlement when she hears somethings going 'BANG' and 'THUD.'

"I thought this place was abandoned...?" She murmured, and began to hunt for the source of the sound, her long blond hair flowing behind her. Finally, she found, much to her surprise, Toki rummaging through old objects. "Toki, what are you doing?"

pyorno -
Toki pauses from looting a particularly full box and looks up.

"Katya! Why, I haven't seen you since that...guh...that potions e-experiment! How have you been?"

She turns back to the task at hand, throwing junk over her shoulder. The debris is slowly forming its own small pile on the floor.

"I am looking for souvenirs, of course! Hoho. Humans abandon the strangest things. Come, help me look! I'm almost done with this room--well, except for that wardrobe over there. And I think there's an adjacent bathroom. Have you seen the baths here? They are made of wood! How charming."

Another piece of trash gets tossed onto the ever-growing pile behind her.

AriaStarstone -
"You forgot already? We saw each other when we went Artifact hunting." She laughs, amused, however, at the small, odd girl. "However, I am well. What about you?"

She watched Toki hunt through the things, and finally moves to join her. "Wood baths? How do they not rot? Water eats at wood, usually." She spoke with the confidence of a being who spent much of their life in water, when not at school. She began to go through things, finding some odd objects that she couldn't work out, but looked pretty... long sticks with decorations on them... and set them aside. "Perhaps we should check the wardrobe, then?"

She turns to peer at it, then slowly, and carefully, opens the door. A small cloud of dust billows out, leaving Katya coughing and dusting herself off.

pyorno -
"Ooooh! I did not know humans had those. They're very popular in my home city!"

Toki picks them up and kind of...shoves them into her hair.

"It is what one uses to tie their hair up! But mine is, unfortunately, not long enough. Why don't you try it on? Perhaps after you've searched that...rather dusty wardro--oooooh!"

FINALLY, something interesting. A couple of brightly-colored boxes are the only things left at the bottom of the crate.

"Temporary hair dye. Hmmm."

She eyes Katya's long, pale, perfectly dye-able hair.

"Hmmmmmmm."

AriaStarstone -
Katya turns to look at Toki as she demonstrates how to put on the hairsticks, still sneezing a bit. After she got her nose back under control, she studied them. "That looks very pretty! Perhaps, yes, I could try them, once the searching is done. At least the cloud of dust seems to have died down."

She blinks a little at the boxes, and Toki's words. "What colors are they? That could be fun to play with." She glanced at Toki's own pale hair, curiously, wondering if they both should try them.

Would human hair dye work on Halloween hair? It was worth finding out, right?

pyorno -
"This one's dark blue, and this one's red. Humans have such limited natural hair colors, hmm?"

Toki grabs them both and wobbles (crouching for long periods of time is hard) over to Katya.

"Perhaps we should hold on to these. It looks like we can just spray it on! How convenient. It is too bad we don't have any fancy clothes to go with fancy hair pins and fancy hair dye. Well, unless that wardrobe has anything interesting. I, uh, cannot see through all that dust."

AriaStarstone -
Yes, let's hold onto them for now. It might be silly and fun! And yes, which is why I too have boring blonde hair... Rusalka all look mostly human." Her tone was slightly petulant at that.

She watched Toki, with mild concern, and then said "Perhaps you should stretch your legs out, you are moving in a very stiff sort of way, and it can't be comfortable!"

She turned back to the wardrobe, then looked at the pile of trash. After some studying, she found a bunch of old rags, too worn and torn to be sure what they were, a long stick, and a tatty piece of rope. She considered them, then went over and tied the pieces together to create a makeshift broom. She considered it, waved it a little to test how sturdy it was... just sturdy enough, a few rags wobbled loosely, then said "Stand out of the way of the potential dust cloud, I'm gonna do the same, and use the length of this stick to let me beat the dust out."

pyorno -
"Brilliant! Why didn't I think of that?!"

(The answer is because she never stops to think.)

"Oooh, I cannot wait to try the hair color. Your hair is very pretty! Well. I suppose Rusalkas are all very pretty. Even male ones. Who would have imagined? Hmm, if we find anything nice in the wardrobe, let's try it on. It is the least they could do for us, who are helping to clean the room."

(Only Katya is cleaning. What Toki is doing amounts to breaking and entering. But again, she does not think about these things.)

AriaStarstone -
Katya gently pats Toki on the shoulder at her question. "Just do the stretches behind me, so you don't get dust covered."

She smiled a little and nods. "I was very surprised about the male Rusalka thing myself. But it was an interesting experience!"

She moves into position, and begins to beat the dust out of the stuff in the wardrobe, once Toki is not in it's path. After several minutes of beating, she pauses and lets the dust cloud die down. Once it did, she began to beat it again. It took a few rounds of this before she put the makeshift dustbrush down. The last cloud settled, and several brightly colored robes revealed themselves. "Are these bathrobes? But they are so fancy!" Katya asked.

pyorno -
"I've seen these! ...Well, kind of! The ones I have at home are a little different. But I think I know how to wear them!"

Toki has been craning her head to try and peer in, barely avoiding getting a faceful of dust (what did we JUST SAY about thinking things through).

"Here! Just stand right here. Wait, maybe let me do your hair first."

She carefully sprays the bottom half of Katya's perfect, pale hair. The dye comes out blood red, which is...probably what the manufacturer intended. Right? Perhaps it is best not to dwell on uncomfortable subjects. Anyway, it looks great, which is what matters. She haphazardly does her own (she really wants to try on the fancy costumes).

"Okay okay okay we're done time to dress up!"

She rushes over to the wardrobe and grabs a robe. It looks fantastic.

"You do actually wear it like a robe! Here, the left side goes over the right side. And then you kind of wrap this other cloth around the middle. And then you tie it with this string so that it does not fall apart!"

Somehow, she manages it by herself, though her explanation is woefully lacking. Still wobbling a little (no leg room plus crouch-y legs), she looks over expectantly.

"Now you!"

AriaStarstone -
Katya looked surprised but pleased that Toki knew what they were. "Are your ancestors from a region like this one, Toki?" She asked, curiously.

She continued to peer at the robes, then blinked, waiting while Toki did her hair. She was about to offer to return the favor with the other can for Toki, but was too late, as Toki was already handling it herself. She watched and looks amused at the result, since it is haphazard and mirror free, but a lovely shade of blue. "That blue suits you, Toki. It goes with the white of your hair, and the golden tone of your horns." She decides to go with that option, because it is true, and the nicer half of the situation.

She watched Toki grab the robe out, and studied her as she put it on. The explanation was... not very clear, but Katya thought, maybe, she could guess how it would work on her, though she had mild concerns about how it might... fit on her.

Still, she thought the robes were beautiful. "What are they called, Toki, do you know?" She asked as she moved in to look at the ones in there. She found a longer one, obviously intended for a tall woman, and selected it. It was beautiful, and she sighed, wishing they could bring these home to keep, but accepted that this was for here alone... But if Toki knew of places one could get such things, perhaps she could have it recreated, and maybe even get others.

She slips it on, and carefully attempts to recreate what Toki did. It is an approximation at best, and it does not fit on her the way it does on Toki, but it still does look flattering, she thinks. "Oh this is lovely, and the material... is it spidersilk?"

pyorno -
"The ones I have at home are called hanfu, but I think these are slightly different! Uhh...kimono. I think. I like these better! Here, here, let me do your hair, give me those hair sticks..."

She somehow does a neat updo, wobbling the whole time.

"We must acquire more of these. Dressing up is so entertaining. There, you look so nice! Let us take a commemorative photo!"

"And then try and bring these back with us somehow" is unsaid but implied.

User Image