Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[Spar - Atlantis] Changing the Game (Melvin/Ever) Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:44 am

He had reached out to those he knew to help him and while sparring was a normal thing to request, it was a bit more delicate when you weren't using a traditional weapon. He didn't even bring the rods in to Life for testing in fear it would be reported to Soarca and viewed as a sign of distrust. Everything he did was a moment to ask if it would somehow ******** up this one chance given to him.

He asked Ever out to a spar with a text stating he needed help with some Atlantian business of highest priority that required a spar and the rest would be explained.

He waited on the fields, sword in hand, and Babel overhead.

and be blue

beejoux
Bee requested Zeke to spectate.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:57 pm
A text to Ever was a bit of a crap shoot -- a decent chance that it would go unseen for hours or days at a time. In recent days, he'd at least gotten better at it: had started using his phone as a timer, as an alarm clock, had learned the telephone number pad for texting in return. Maybe it was the flip phone just suiting him better that meant Melvin got confirmation within half an hour (a miracle), and Ever showing up on the field not that much longer.

He raised both his eyebrows at Melvin, offered a quick flash of a smile. "You've been at this a lot longer than I have, haven't you? Am I about to get my a** kicked?"

moonkitsune

beejoux

and be blue

Ruthless Nerd

20,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Normal Everyday Human 50
  • Beta Gaian 0

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:23 pm
"Probably, but I'm not using Saliva today. Not as familiar with swords as I am with guns, but - yeah. You're probably going to get your a** kicked. Silver lining, I'll get you a snack as a reward for helping." He pointed out, hoping that would keep Ever from signing out of the spar before it even started.

"Where you busy?" The text had taken some time. Most hunters were pretty speedy with their responses.

beejoux

and be blue

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:19 pm
Had Zeke been present for the text, or had he simply been lucky enough to have seen Ever heading out to the training fields and decided to tag along?

Either way, he sat himself comfortably at one of the picnic tables near the two, slouched low, arms back for support, and legs crossed at the ankle out in front of him. He looked perfectly content, and utterly amused as he watched and listened.

and be blue

moonkitsune

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

and be blue rolled 1 20-sided dice: 17 Total: 17 (1-20)

and be blue

Ruthless Nerd

20,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:19 pm
"Not too busy, obviously." There was just a little bit of a spark behind it, though, somewhere between amusement and annoyance. Ever shook himself out and dropped Amory into hand. The gesture, after a couple years, had become second nature and familiar, his bond with his weapon...adversarial, at times, but strong enough that it was comfortable. Amory's death threats were probably a sign of affection, probably.

"Let's see how this goes." And maybe he wouldn't get his a** kicked, because Ever looked more prepared than one might have expected.

moonkitsune

MoonKitsune rolled 1 20-sided dice: 15 Total: 15 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:00 am
"Alright then. Just a head's up, I'm not using Saliva. I'm using an Atlantis tool. It won't hurt you any more than my own weapon would." He said, moving over to opened a black satchel and selecting one of the two identical rods.

Returning back with the rod, he activated the blade that made it into a sword and looked over at him. "Still good to go with this?"

and be blue

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

and be blue rolled 2 12-sided dice: 10, 5 Total: 15 (2-24)

and be blue

Ruthless Nerd

20,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:11 pm
"That's fine. It's all the same, isn't it?" And even as he said it, Ever stepped in, a quick and sharp little movement, to thrust his dagger against Melvin's shield. His intention was to be testing, to push against the limits. Instead, he struck near to the center of Melvin's mass, and hard. His expression went apologetic despite himself, but at least he bit down on the words.

"Would you rather I didn't use any magic, to even things out?"

HP: 60/60
Charge: 1/3
DMG: 9

moonkitsune

MoonKitsune rolled 2 12-sided dice: 9, 2 Total: 11 (2-24)
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:17 pm
The strike was quick and fast, leading to the surprise of such an effortless and smooth flow of actions. Unlike Melvin who never used a blade or a weapon like this before, Ever's had muscle memory and time to move through each step and turn.

Stepping back, he rubbed his chest as he looked back. "No. Opposite in fact. I like going all in with spars. You aren't a newbie. I wanna see what you can do." He said, and he moved in, extending his arm out and trusting the blade straight out at Ever's chest.

"Let's see if you can shatter my shield."

HP: 51
Dmg: 7

and be blue

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

and be blue rolled 2 12-sided dice: 8, 6 Total: 14 (2-24)

and be blue

Ruthless Nerd

20,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:45 am
"That's the goal -- " Even jerked back as Melvin thrust out, but not quite quickly enough to avoid the point of that sword. With a low sound, he ducked under the arm to slash at Melvin again, chain rattling idly.

He was surprisingly comfortable at this, considering how gangly he was. Outside of fighting he looked just a bit awkward, graceless. Here, Ever seemed to know how to actually move his body.

"But you don't seem exactly helpless there, Melvin."

HP: 60/53
Charge: 2/3
DMG: 8

moonkitsune

MoonKitsune rolled 2 12-sided dice: 4, 8 Total: 12 (2-24)
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:06 am
"Thanks. I should hope after all these years I'd know a thing or two to avoid getting killed too quickly. Might not know swords though. More a marksman myself."

He sucked in quick as he was slashed at again, Ever using the dagger more of an extension of himself while Melvin's was handled more as a unfamiliar tool.

"I can get the appeal though." He matched the hit, slash back at Ever's chest.

HP: 43
Dmg: 8

and be blue

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

and be blue rolled 2 12-sided dice: 3, 3 Total: 6 (2-24)

and be blue

Ruthless Nerd

20,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:42 am
"You seem to be doing just fine." Too much talking, and not enough fighting. Ever brought up the other half of his weapon, the metal sheath, to try to smack away Melvin's weapon. He was just a hair too slow, whilsting through air with his chest aching just a bit as he jumped back, instead.

HP: 45
Charge: 2/3
DMG: 0

moonkitsune

MoonKitsune rolled 2 12-sided dice: 9, 5 Total: 14 (2-24)
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:21 am

He jerked his head back, feeling the gust off the swipe but pulling quickly back to avoid contact. Breathing a bit harder from the surprise, he went and brought up the sword from the side.

"Any pointers? You seem good with your hands."

HP: 43
Dmg: 10

and be blue

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

and be blue rolled 2 12-sided dice: 1, 12 Total: 13 (2-24)

and be blue

Ruthless Nerd

20,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:01 pm
When Melvin hit, he hit hard; he caught Ever across the side hard enough to knock the breath out of him, and Ever struck back with his off-hand. He wasn't bad at this. Melvin was still kicking his a**, but --

"I do it all by feel, really, but a lot of it is keeping your arms up, and keeping your wrist a little loose." He drew in a breath sharply, shaking himself up and raising his own weapon. "Otherwise, someone might knock it out of your hand."

HP: 35
Charge: 3/3
DMG: 7

moonkitsune

MoonKitsune rolled 2 12-sided dice: 10, 1 Total: 11 (2-24)
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:09 pm

Arms up. Wrist loose. It was better than what he thought which was to keep his arms close to his side and keep a firm grip on his sword.

"You ever fight before Deus?" He asked, stepping back when the dagger pierced his shield. He managed a quirk slash back before taking steps back to get some distance to regroup from the quick attacks Ever threw each time he attacked, not leaving him much time to think.

HP: 36
Dmg: 7

and be blue

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

and be blue rolled 2 12-sided dice: 9, 2 Total: 11 (2-24)

and be blue

Ruthless Nerd

20,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:58 pm
His weapon thrummed with energy, Amory pushing at him for the release of charge -- but instead Ever swung out at Melvin again, a sharp little stab that didn't land nearly as hard as previous ones. In this fight, he wasn't looking that hot.

"...I got into fights, but I didn't really know how to fight." He lunged in again, thinking about it. "Mostly I got beat up, unless I got a good sucker punch in."

HP: 28
Charge: 3/3
DMG: 5

moonkitsune

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items