Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Forum
What Are You Doing for Halloween? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Adelgirl

Wealthy Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:34 pm
smithers456
Adelgirl
Nothing much. I have work. I'm seeing if some friends want to do a Halloween themed D&D session that night since Saturday is our D&D night

A Halloween themed D&D session sounds cool. I'm curious as to what your group will do. Will it be in a traditional dungeon or something else? I like playing D&D a lot myself. biggrin
I was talking with one person from the group, and we had the idea that it could take place irl and everyone became their costumes (ala Halloween town)  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:22 am
Staying home and eating nachos.  

ChaosKnights

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:16 am
Adelgirl
smithers456
Adelgirl
Nothing much. I have work. I'm seeing if some friends want to do a Halloween themed D&D session that night since Saturday is our D&D night

A Halloween themed D&D session sounds cool. I'm curious as to what your group will do. Will it be in a traditional dungeon or something else? I like playing D&D a lot myself. biggrin
I was talking with one person from the group, and we had the idea that it could take place irl and everyone became their costumes (ala Halloween town)

Another term that you can call your D&D outing is LARPing (Live Action Role Play). A lot of people who Cosplay sometimes do this and have a lot of fun. Often Cosplayers would do an Anime Group Cosplay and be in character while doing a LARP. It's something that you could consider doing anytime of the year. Back in the 1980's when D&D first came out people sometimes did their sessions outside to add more fun to it. I remember hearing about it because I played a lot of D&D back then.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:39 pm
smithers456
Adelgirl
smithers456
Adelgirl

Another term that you can call your D&D outing is LARPing (Live Action Role Play). A lot of people who Cosplay sometimes do this and have a lot of fun. Often Cosplayers would do an Anime Group Cosplay and be in character while doing a LARP. It's something that you could consider doing anytime of the year. Back in the 1980's when D&D first came out people sometimes did their sessions outside to add more fun to it. I remember hearing about it because I played a lot of D&D back then.
I know what LARPing is, but It's not in person , so that wouldn't work. We live all around America so it's impractical to actually meet up for stuff  

Adelgirl

Wealthy Prophet

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:28 pm
Adelgirl
smithers456
Adelgirl
smithers456
Adelgirl

I know what LARPing is, but It's not in person , so that wouldn't work. We live all around America so it's impractical to actually meet up for stuff

With the way things are changing now and going virtual that could be an idea I don't know if you tried it yet but you could do a zoom session together. It would be a challenge at first due to everyone being on at the same time. I personally haven't been in a Zoom session before so I'm not sure how people do it. I'm curious as to how your D&D group gets together.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:01 pm
smithers456
Adelgirl
smithers456
Adelgirl
smithers456
Adelgirl

With the way things are changing now and going virtual that could be an idea I don't know if you tried it yet but you could do a zoom session together. It would be a challenge at first due to everyone being on at the same time. I personally haven't been in a Zoom session before so I'm not sure how people do it. I'm curious as to how your D&D group gets together.
We do voice chat for dnd, don't really need to see each other to play.  

Adelgirl

Wealthy Prophet

OH MY
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
D

Heart Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:33 am
I haven't got anything planned - I honestly stopped celebrating long ago.

but I love anything creepy and horror 24/7, 365, so hey... 4laugh  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:09 pm
smithers456
Hi Everyone,

I'm curious as to what everyone is doing for Halloween this year? For me I always celebrate it by going to the Anime / Cosplay Youmacon convention in Detroit, Michigan which is always around Halloween.

User Image

Happy Birthday & Happy Halloween  

Aunie

Generous Nymph

13,640 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Millionaire 200

Aunie

Generous Nymph

13,640 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:10 pm
I'm having a small gathering at my place, no trick or treating this year.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:25 pm
Aunie
smithers456
Hi Everyone,

I'm curious as to what everyone is doing for Halloween this year? For me I always celebrate it by going to the Anime / Cosplay Youmacon convention in Detroit, Michigan which is always around Halloween.

User Image

Aunie thanks for the Birthday Wish. biggrin I hope you have a great Halloween too!

One of my best memories of Trick or Treating one year when I was a kid was my brother, sister, and I emptying our bags of candy on the kitchen table. Their was so much that it covered the whole table. smile  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

XxZeroTempestxX

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:49 am
I'll be watching anime to make up for the year where i wasn't able to do anything  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:23 pm
Totally forgot it was tomorrow with all the stuff going on. My husband reminded me this morning.

I don't know what I'll be doing really. Maybe Hocus Pocus, candy, and a costume for the kiddies that come by.  

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200

Aunie

Generous Nymph

13,640 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:53 pm
smithers456
Aunie
smithers456
Hi Everyone,

User Image

Aunie thanks for the Birthday Wish. biggrin I hope you have a great Halloween too!

One of my best memories of Trick or Treating one year when I was a kid was my brother, sister, and I emptying our bags of candy on the kitchen table. Their was so much that it covered the whole table. smile

"Were not trick or treating this year but having a party with a pinata."  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:50 pm
Aunie
smithers456
Aunie
smithers456
Hi Everyone,

User Image

A pinata sounds cool!! What shape, animal, etc is going to be. It would be cool to have an Anime version of one. smile  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

Aunie

Generous Nymph

13,640 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:24 pm
smithers456
Aunie
smithers456
Aunie
smithers456
Hi Everyone,

User Image

A pinata sounds cool!! What shape, animal, etc is going to be. It would be cool to have an Anime version of one. smile

"An anime character would be cute, they were all sold out of Halloween pinatas so we got a batman pinata for this years party. It will be a fun alternative than trick or treating this year."  
Convention Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff