AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Crew

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:34 pm
User Image

teepee stuff here  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:55 pm
He didn't know how those land dwellers did it. He couldn't fathom living above the surface, there was so much to do below. And it was always the same, no change in the weather. Sometimes it was a little cooler or warmer, but all in all. It was roughly the same no matter the time of year.

The pale male tossed his head, removing his dark bangs from his face and moved through the depths, pale eyes searching. He had been wandering near the cave, mainly because he was curious.

He wasn't AGAINST the once a 10 years thing, though he was still young. New to the rituals and everything that it revolves around. No one really knew for sure if whoever entered the cave died or not. They just didn't come back.

Moving his tail slightly so that the long tendrils floated around his legs he attempted to get a little closer, he just wanted to see inside. If only a little.

Kaya Wolf Moon

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Crew

Winter Wolf

Kaya Wolf Moon

Mystical Wolf

10,125 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:48 pm
Their time would come. There could be no doubt about it. For it had been written in the stone archway of the caverns long ago, during the time when the Beast first awakened. “Once in ten must yield a price. Lest ye bear a greater sacrifice.” No truer sense of the term could ever be deciphered. Its meaning plain and simplistic to all those whom encountered the runes. And so, the village had set to task one family with gathering the necessary requirement. A blood pact passed down through the generations, placing duty above all else. Deino and her sister, Enyo, were to be next in line. Both understood the honor and necessity of the task. Both long since accepted that theirs was a grim yet important future. They were tide-born, after all, and soon to be Speakers of the Abyss. As such, Deino came to understand that a certain finesse would be prudent when attaining each chosen one. They could never know who she and her sister were, never realize that their future would be snuffed out soon enough. Above all, they could never come to recognize the true purpose of the cave. If this were to happen, and word spread, then finding a proper sacrifice worthy of the Beast would become far more difficult; however, as with all things, rumors and stories appear and spread, reaching even unto the deepest parts of the ocean. Deino had seen the consequences of these rumors. Young foals and foolish curiosity seekers idling by the maw of the cave, staring into its blackened depths as if searching for affirmation on the sincerity of the tales.

Despite not yet being handed the mantle of Speaker of the Abyss, Deino took it upon herself to govern the area near the caverns. She and her bonded, Thanatos, patrolled the waters daily to prevent the curious from disturbing the Beast by venturing too far. The current down seemed no different than others. The bonded duo had already shooed away four idiotic young foals, and the water hadn’t even lightened yet. So it was that another seemed to be feeling himself the fool now. “He wanders ever closer.” Thanatos spoke softly from his seclusion amidst the seaweed. His keen eyes peering intently at the intruding Seathi. “Then he is even more foolish than the children.” Deino harrumphed. She swung her tail grumpily back and forth, feeling the annoyance start to weigh on her. “I may be struck by the Beast for this but…sometimes I must wonder why we are required to seek out chosen ones. With the way these fools flock to the caverns, it would be much simpler to allow them enter at their own peril and be done with it.” The Koi’s whiskers flittered in the current as he sat silent in contemplation. After a pause, he said, “I suppose it is better to select a pure chosen one than to let a mere folly transpire. The Beast does quite enjoy the consumption of purity.” Now it was the Seathi mare whom drew quiet. “You do make a valid point,” came the hefty sigh in response. “In that case, we shall continue with our duty. The fool appears determined to glimpse the Beast, and it is still a year before the next offering is to be given. Come, let us speak with him.”

Deino swam backwards to keep the blue Seathi from witnessing their hiding place, exiting through the rearmost portion of the kelp then following along the edges. It was only when she could see the stallion’s rear that she came forward from the plant life. “And what is it that you think you’re doing?” Her voice boomed over the small clearing in which the stone cave resided. Though it would not penetrate deep enough to awaken the Beast. Thanatos hovered to the left of his bonded, keeping his attention on the surroundings lest any other danger should surface.

AstoriaFallen

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:37 pm
Kaya Wolf Moon

While he'd never go into the cave he was fascinated about the history surrounding it. He only heard bits and pieces and never the same thing twice, so he was unsure the true backstory to it's heritage. He had been so focused with his curiosities that he failed to realize there was a mare not too far away. At least until she spoke, her dark coloration helped to hide her in the dark depths of the waters and he couldn't help but feel a sense of awe at her unique markings.

He had heard of the twins that guarded the cave but he wasn't sure if she was one of them. Well, not so much guard. It was rumor they selected those to be sacrificed every 10 years, what a job that must be.

He wasn't sure that was something he'd all around be comfortable with doing. Even if it was a necessary evil.

"I was just looking was all. I'd never been this close to the cave before and had only heard of it from word of mouth so I thought I would just take a small look." He said to her with a sheepish smile. "I promise I wasn't going to go in there. That would be making your job easy I guess." He chuckled at the thought, even though he wasn't sure if that was her particular job or not.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Crew

Winter Wolf

Kaya Wolf Moon

Mystical Wolf

10,125 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:49 pm
Her eyes gleamed an eerie orange in the dim light of depths. They studied the Seathi intently, weighing his words and his actions to ascertain the truth. “Many have said those very same words to me,” she said after a moment’s pause. “And none of them have ever understood the dangers in which they place themselves. You would be wise to check your curiosity where it begins.” Deino inched closer until she was less than a foot away from him. She swam in circles around him, surveying him like a predator might prey. “Are you so foolish that you would let your curiosity lead to your doom?” There was a brief pause as she listened to him explain his purpose for being there. “Hmph,” the brightly colored Seathi scoffed. “I do not know what you have heard about the cave, but rest assured it is not what you think it to be. Rumors and stories are never to be trusted. They do nothing more than inspire idiocy in the minds of foolhardy individuals. Whatever you may have heard of this place, it is likely untrue.” Deino could sense the wave of intrigue wafting from her male counterpart. He wanted to bare witness to the source of the rumors. Rumors that had spread like wildfire since the last sacrifice had been made. Part of her desired to divulge everything to him, if only to scare him from his foolish tendencies. Yet, she knew that she could not. To confirm the hearsay would be tantamount to blasphemy and held the potential for dire consequences. No, she must use her abilities of deception and persuasion to send the male on his way.

“I am unaware of the job of which you speak.” She dismissed his comment with a huff. “The one and only job I possess here is to keep those such as yourself from venturing inside the cave. Unfortunately, we cannot dissuade everyone, and some have fallen to the whims of the cave. There are reasons we guard this place.” Her gleaming eyes cast over to the cavern’s maw. To any other, it might seem nothing more than a normal cave, accented with runes for a mysterious effect. However, Deino knew what lay secreted inside of it. The yawning darkness concealed far more than this stallion could ever imagine. Her attention returned to the blue and purple Seathi. “Contrary to popular belief, the cavern itself is the reason we keep watch. An ancient formation, it has not stood the test of time within its furthest reaches. Many adventure seekers have tested their mettle by trailing after the ghosts of rumors. Few of which have ever returned, if any. They either become lost in the labyrinthine tunnels or fall prey to the predators whom call the cavern home. So, tell me, would you follow in such footsteps?” She swam to the cave when she asked the last, floating just off to the side. It was an invitation for him to press onward without her interference. “Think well on your answer.” Thanatos spoke at last, speaking directly next to the male’s left ear. He had used the distraction of the conversation to sneak up on him. The Koi understood his bonded’s methods. Offering access to the cave was merely a bluff. One designed to inflict dread in the hearts of those they encountered. For, by offering freedom to enter, their curiosity would begin to morph into uncertainty. That uncertainty would soon enough turn into fear of the unknown and they would be sent swimming away.

AstoriaFallen

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff