=>[META] Lightseekers Briefing Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sypon
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:34 pm
“Okay! So, the other three can make their way here whenever, but I’m so glad y’all are here. Oh gosh, y’all. Haha! Malory’s rubbing off on me.”

Panili, now outside of her speech-giving stature, looked small and shrewish in comparison. She fiddled with her sleeves around her wrists, squinting her eyes shut to shoo away visions of comings and goings.

“You three are actually grouped up pretty conveniently, because I wanted to chat with you about what’s going to happen next for the Lightseekers. I didn’t want to outright promote anybody right then and there in case you had reservations, you see! But, we’re a small crew, and… Frankly, a pre-Regina set of adults and a dimunitive lowblooded leader do not make a very good impression when it comes to beauocracy.”

She turned towards Hemera, beaming. “Hemera, you’ve done just wonderful practical work, particularly when times were tough in the Space Ladders. You took up a natural leadership position, and since you’re very pragmatic and intelligent - and, ah, present very well! I was hoping you’d consider taking on the role of guiding trolls closer to your age, when I myself am barred from doing so. Not exactly my assistant or, ah, partner, per se, but a de facto leader on missions!”

“Now, ah, Nucleo and Amonee… My goodness, even when I first met you I was so impressed by both of you! Honestly, you’ve got me starstruck… And everyone else, it seems. I’m not really one for flashy programs or any of that… So color me embarrassed when I didn’t realize how important was for Alternians to present on a huge stage like the Superstar Authority. I hope this isn’t too much to ask of both of you, but the Lightseekers needs some serious image help! As well, you’re both bright, lively, inspirational! We would be so grateful if you would consider a leadership role. We’re looking for trolls who have a sense of “the now” in Alternia, who can give us better ideas about how to construct our settlement and our culture and help us country bumpkins shape the movement. From the Alternian perspective we may still be fringe, but I think there’s a way we can coexist and grow - at least until other options are available, and at that point we can decide whether we should grow more independent or alter our strategy. You two would be key! Um, that is - if you’re not too busy! I know running a highly successful business is one heck of a task. We can support you and supply you with anything you need to help you out! From trollpower to resources.”

Gl!tch~

Yamashii

Doutei

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:46 pm
Nictor pressed his lips into a line and listened with a furrowed brow as Panili tried to make a start. There was some trepidation to her demeanor, not heavy, but a noticeable tone down from the enthusiastic greeting Nictor had gotten. He felt a tug of sympathy for her though, it was a well familiar feeling for him and she pressed forward well and oh wow okay adults he really hadn't noticed the.crew just yet so it was a little bit of a surprise when they appeared.

Nictor listened to the announcement and he wasn't entirely sure what to think. They sounded like a good group and Panili was incredibly welcoming he thought.

But then the announcements really got rolling.

And so too did Nictor's overactive nerves. All this natural disaster talk was getting him all hot in bothered. In the i'm about to freak out kind of way.

The particulars weren't fresh in his mind but nictor clearly remembered Kolako's story of the previous Lightseekers meet up ending on a rather grim note. Was this where this was going to? Oh no, the talk of inevitable natural disaster was just a precursor to the proposition of installing devices of questionable legality on property of the Alternian military.

That really wasn't much better. At all.

The point sounded important? None of that information sounded nefarious, but rather useful in learning about this natural disaster type stuff. But it's still installing things that the military hasn't entirely approved of, which sounded a little underhanded. and risky. And maybe he was focusing in mostly on that aspect of this operation. They had sort of approval but not really? What does that boil down to? How much of a risk is this? They did say to drop it and not bother if it put them in danger which implied it potentially could put them in danger in the first place.

They did say they didn't want anyone hurt though.

Nictor wasn't really sure what to think other than whis was a lot more than he'd expected but really, he didn't know what he though this was going to be. He would question why he was here but hat was silly, Hemera and Kolako invited him.

Speaking of them though, they just got called out for. For something. A private meeting. Ah. White noise started to drown out his anxiety over possible trouble with the military, instead replaced the fact that both Kolako and Hemera were called out. Which left him alone.

Oh.

Nictor's head napped around to look at Hemera wide eyed when she spoke, a little struck by the situation, his bran feeling just a bit sluggish on the uptake right then. It wasn't like it was a big big deal that he was being left alone but he sorta of didn't want to be right then. He nodded numbly at Hemera's promise to return but joy of all joys, another worry to add onto the pile there was apparently a blueblood around that was dangerous. Or. something like that. If Hemera was warning him they couldn't be anything good.

Despite his own hangups, Nictor felt a pleasant warm and Kolako and Hemera receiving recognition. Hopefully it was just good things they had to walk about?

Nictor nervously bid Hemera a congratulations before she departed and he backed off, trying to locate Kolako and see what she was going to do about the child's summons. He wanted to at least offer a smile and tell her he'd be okay if she went. Might only manage a smile though but she'd probably get it..

((feel free to bug nic anyone!))
quite uneventful
in case you want it

Tsarzi had taken note of Panili when she'd entered, but had been concerned with something more important that social niceties. She'd been working longer and harder tonight with knowledge she would be taking a rather hefty break for this meeting. First order of business was food and refreshments. Tsarzi listened in on a couple of other kids chatting by the table as they set out their offerings to add to the spread, but she found sweets were not particularly enticing for her palette so didn't bother to partake.

The meeting started and Tsarzi attentively listened to the presentation. How unsurprising that the military planned to bulldoze their way to get what they wanted, as though that truly helped solve anything. The pursuit to gain information that would otherwise be lost, information with such a valuable use caught Tsarzi attention. That would be quite a spread of statistics that could tell them quite a bit about the current patterns and project path their planet was on. While the military might be the one facilitating the troll race reaching into space, if sounded as though the Lightseekers were the ones concenred with the intellectual venture and experience this offered.

Tsarzi had been considering committing to joining for a while and so far the Lightseekers had been plenty impressive, thoughtful, and progressive.

As the speech wrapped up, Tsarzi found herself getting called out amongst others.

Interesting, an offer of a position within the organization piqued her curiosity, not that she showed a reaction other than straightening up and cracking her neck. Tsarzi hardly considered her contributions to be special, she's just come at the work presented by the construction of the settlement with appropriate levels of dedication and productivity. It wasn't her fault that was apparently notable. Hmm, it would seem even among high thinking and functioning trolls like those that would align them with the Lightseeker philosophy, they couldn't all be winners. work ethic might still need some work.

This meeting might actually be a good place to remind the attending trolls the settlement still had a lot more work to do and all help was welcome. It was a rather obvious observation, but maybe pointing it out would get some of them to stop dragging their feet.

Before Tsarzi departed from the food spread though, she still had something to do.

As she walked away with a newly filled plate and drink, left behind were a few scattered stacks of business cards, advertising one αWulf's furs.

Tsarzi noted that Panili seemed to have already disappeared, as well as a couple of trolls that she could remember were also participants in the recent publicity contest that was Superstar authority. She said to talk in the nutritionblock though, so it wasn't too hard to track down. Tsarzi quietly admitted herself, glancing over the older trolls already there and making eye contact with Panili, offering a nod of acknowledgement. She considered cutting in to ask what Panili wanted, but this was her break, Tsarzi had time to wait. Time she could use to eat.

Tsarzi propped herself on a counter, setting her plat down so she could actually use that hand to eat, occasionally taking a drink as she listened, curious to hear what these other trolls were being offered.

Sypon

Taki-di

Bouquet of Diamonds

Fantastic Kitten

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:56 pm
The moment that Panili began speaking, Rastin seemed to stand at attention and slowly grow more concerned. However, it was only when she spoke about needing teams on and off planet that he outwardly reacted and his eyes turned to Sephos.

Were they really going to send people into space? Truly the world around him was spiraling further into insanity... But still. If they were branching out into different groups like this, he would gladly volunteer for space duty if it meant keeping others safe here on land.

He mulled this over to himself, gazing to the ground and sighing, before his attention was taken by Chiara.

"... Ah, yes." He said, briefly scanning her and nodding in recognition. "Apology accepted and..." He paused, questioning himself before continuing. "Thank you? I'm hoping that this endeavor works out for the best. After all, space travel sounds quite intimidating."

And, frankly, he wasn't sure he or anyone else here were prepared. What if something exploded and threw them all out into the cold, silent grasp of the cosmos? It seemed like a mission eager to get to tragedy.

DraconicFeline

Micillia

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:25 pm
Her pumpbiscuit leaped. De facto leader... Organization. Direction. Yes. She could absolutely do that. Well. Better than last time. She would have to. Mera would prove herself worthy of the responsibility! "Thank you for considering me. I am flattered by your assessment, and I will happily do what I can to fulfill the role. I would do anything you asked of me for the good of the Lightseekers. I won't let you down, Panili." Then she was definiely going into space. She would need to be able to contact anyone else going up as well... "Will we have secure ways to contact each other while we're in space? That will definitely be important for this I think..."

Ah, yes, the other promotions! She couldn't forget about those. Though...it did leave her feeling awkward. Superstar Authority... Getting her sponsorship pulled. Yes. Well. Bygones. But what did one say? "I agree that they're both well-qualified. I hope you two consider it! You would both be amazing in that area." She smiled, genuine, truly believing in their capabilities.

That seemed well-put enough. In the meantime, someone else came in. Ah. The new child. Mera nodded at her in greeting.

Sypon

Doutei

Yamashii

Taki-di

Gl!tch~

Fashionable Genius

4,475 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

Hobo Pixi

Divine Demigod

17,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:13 pm
Eilidh listened to the speech that Panili and the others made but it didn't give hope to her. She hadn't realized that Alternia was in such dismay; ecologically. The tealblood felt fear rise inside her, much like it did during the space race. Was this going to be a repeat of that time? Eilidh looked to Amonee and Nucleo as they were called away. She didn't want them to go. She didn't want any more of her friends hurt. She wasn't even completely over the space race.. even after taking a couple months to just be alone.

Eilidh's attention shifted to Xavier as he spoke to her... but she didn't hear him, she was so far gone in her own thoughts. She nodded to him, hoping that answered whatever he had said. When Xavier started a conversation with another troll, she slipped away from him. She moved to find a place to get some air... a place to just breathe for a moment.

She took in a deep breath, momentarily resting her head in her hand. She felt naive for not knowing how bad everything was around her. Sure, she knew the hemospectrum was a mess but... the whole planet too? It was a lot to take in. Did her friends know or was it just her? The thought of possibly losing everything she has ever known was more than terrifying, it was horrific. The tealblood's pump biscuit thudded painfully as she remembered what happened with the space race.... Nucleo was still affected but that.. just as she was... What if this is the last time she would see them?... Xavier, Caiden and Kio... She took another deep breath. This was not the place or time to be losing her mind... After another deep breath, Eilidh bottled up her fear, worry and sorrow before moving to find Xavier again... This time she forced a smile on her face.

Doutei

Yamashii

leon_a_darkangel

Micillia
Mention of Caiden

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:47 pm
“Ah!! I’m so glad!” Panili slapped her hands together. “I know you won’t. This is going to be a very important mission for everyone, not just us. I can’t imagine how much work has gone into this effort so quickly. Speaking of, you’re right… Communication is, and always, so important… But…”

She sighed and her brow furrowed. “That’s why it’s so important that you’re taking over leading duties for the space missions. Alternia just doesn’t have the technology to maintain or employ communication in space, or communication from on-planet to our teams specifically. Radio operators directly on the tower will be the only ones able to contact teams - and of course, I don’t have any kind of clearance. It’s going to be just you and a smattering of other military and volunteer trolls up there in space… I have such faith in your capabilities that I know you can persevere... At this point I simply don't know how many trolls in our numbers will be able to volunteer for off-world duties, so we're pinning our hopes on you!”

Cold, dark space - a small group of teens and adults, combing derelict ships with the possibility of danger and death. Panili pursed her lips. She was not particularly interested in the idea of trolls in space to begin with. If Alternia could just stay hivebound, that would be enough. Perhaps hivebound on multiple, abandoned planets that didn’t need conquering and some-such. Either way, she could not lose Hemera. She was valuable, committed.

"After we chat, please talk with Malory. She has something for you."

Gl!tch~

Sypon
Vice Captain

quite uneventful

Kawaii Garbage

18,425 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:39 pm
      Kolako had spent most of her time attached to Nictor's side. She was thankful he was willing to be there for her so attentively, especially after all the stuff that'd gone down between them in the past, but... She grew nervous when he left. He was like her safety net.

At the sound of a familiar, relaxed voice, Kolako grew tense.

It wasn't that she hadn't expected to see her, at some point. It was that she hadn't expected the other to return to the Lightseekers, especially after all that happened. This just showed how easy Chiara forgot the things she did. Here she was, agonizing over the probability of the blueblood returning to finish the job, while the other laughed and partied with trolls who were supposed to be her friends. Kolako stayed to the side, looking away from anyone who wanted to approach her. Kolako was not in a friendly mood.

When Panili began her speech, Kolako listened attentively, understanding most of what she was saying. She'd planned on staying on the ground-- It felt a little unnatural to go to space, when she'd spent all her life among the trees. But when her name was called, the little lion troll tensed. She kept a level head, ignoring the blueblood. She'd definitely mention her to Panili, privately. She did not want harm to befall the group-- She just wanted the blueblood out. Kolako quickly followed the group to the nutritionblock, allowing herself a glance at Chiara. It took everything in her not to lunge at her right then and there. Then again, there was a time and a place for everything.

At her arrival in the nutritionblock, the brownblood arrived near the end of Panili talking to Hemera. She offered the others there a small wave along with a tightlipped, forced smile. She wasn't sure how to feel about how happy Amonee had been to see Chiara. "Hello." It was polite, almost too polite for the usually extremely casual troll. She stood awkwardly to the side, fiddling with the bracelets on her hands. Kolako wasn't used to being fueled by anger and having to hold it back. She tapped her foot lightly. "You called for me?"

Sypon
sorry for taking so long!! holds u
Gl!tch~
Yamashii
Doutei
Taki-di
Micillia

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:24 am
Sephos Arbola

Sephos set out his bringings, stealing glances at Nucleo as he did so. Something about him seemed off - why? Sephos couldn't quite place the feeling. He had it sometimes when a plant wasn't doing well in his nursery or in the woods, but there he usually knew what it was about and could help the plant. What did one do when one felt this sort of 'concern' for a troll?

Nothing, he guessed. People liked to be left alone, and so he guessed that that was best.

He was distracted, suddenly, by his friend. There was Rastin. Rastin made sense. Sephos brushed off his hands. "Nothing yet." he said, his mouth turning - just slightly - upwards in a small smile. He was glad Rastin was there - there were so many more people, now! Not just the ones he knew. Was this what the settlement did? Bring in new people? He didn't know what to do about that, but he was here so he had to deal with it. Here.

And then stuff happened. It was the best way he could describe it. Panili took a stand. The entire room changed its focus, like plants leaning towards light. If the attention had been on him, it would have been very uncomfortable, but as it was, it felt really eerie. He felt a different kind of concern, for Panili, one that rumbled in his gut in a funny way as she spoke.

And yet, she seemed so cheerful, and there were those space crew people (Who he felt an odd aversive emotion to, but paid it no need,) and they seemed to be fine as well. Maybe there would be no bombs or fire. A lot of it was over his head - Space was, literally and figuratively. His business was with the soil and the plants, and the rest of it could grow wild.

Still, he got the gist - make everything better - and he agreed with it. He wanted to help. He wanted to help his planet, balance the ecosystem, stop the disasters. He wanted to be like his Lusus, even if he wasn't sure if his lusus wanted that for him. He felt that he would have to stay on the ground... but that was fine, wasn't it?

And then he heard his name, and not much more after that because he was sufficiently confused to think that there had to have been buzzbeasts in his ears or something. But now there were eyes looking at him. His pumpbiscuit raced in his torso and he felt his face flush green. That had been his name. That had actually and truly been his name. He wasn't sure what to do.

He turned to Rastin, eyes huge. What did he do now?

And then a Spiral-horned blueblood came up to him, too. "Uh, yeah." he said, utterly distracted. If he'd known who she was, maybe he would have been happier to see her. Or not. He had no idea. He had no idea about any of this.

"Uh..." he looked at Rastin, studying his features. He seemed... ok. If he was ok, then that probably meant that Sephos would be okay. He just had to go into the nutrition block and... something? "I gotta go?" he said, pointing to where a few had already entered. He hesitated and grabbed up a flower, stuffing it into one of his pockets. It made him feel better.

He meandered his way to the nutritionblock, awkward and reluctant in his steps. He peeked in. They seemed to be well into discussion, and Sephos was very uncertain about breaking it. But then a redblood did, and that made it easier.

"Hey." he said, voice wavery from nervousness. He realized, suddenly, how tall he was. It did not help. "Um..." he looked at the others. At least he knew Amonee and Nucleo. They were good people. "I-I'm here." he managed lamely, fidgeting with his flower.

Sorry! Will stay on top of things more next week!
quite uneventful

Sypon

Gl!tch~

Yamashii

Doutei

Taki-di

Micillia

bouquet of diamonds

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

Sypon
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:17 am
“Ah good, everyone is here!” Panili observed as Sephos entered the room. The latter three trolls of her choosing seemed to have less of an idea why they were summoned, but Panili fidgeted with enthusiasm all the same.

She nodded to the three of them and cleared her throat. “So, in addition to the more holistic, social leadership positions, we have a really deep need in the Lightseekers to bolster our leadership at the Settlement. We need point trolls to learn from our crew members and to take on roles that will advance us with the rest of society, even while society has the benefit of numbers and resources. However - and this is my personal belief - the troll race is flawed in many regards. Alternia has a lack of focus, and where it does the primary concern is on othering - other races, and our own of course. Dividing and conquering. Now, despite my issues with Alternia at large, there are a few individuals that have shown to break the mold, to break the ingrained proclivity for senseless bloodthirst. Many of us here and in the meeting hall fit this description, and I think that as a collective group we can achieve more than any simple Alternian believes we can.”

After a pause and a nod at all of the trolls in the nutrition block, Panili continued.

“You three are expert hunters, gatherers, and agriculturists. You have between you the knowledge of Alternian flora and fauna that is desperately needed on a self-sustaining settlement such as ours. While the ship crew members have been in space for sweeps out of touch with the current ecology and practices on Alternia, you are acutely aware of it. Sephos, I would like to offer you all the resources and assistance you need to enhance our agricultural program here at the Settlement. You would be in charge of research and development in order to structurally provide greater housing for our crops, tending to our food stores, and cultivating new breeds for the future. Tsarzi and Kolako, I know that both of you are adept at hunting, skinning and gathering - I mean, Tsarzi, you showed the world this! We have a great need to improve our fauna practices, as well as scouting around the forests, wilds and coastline of the Settlement for potential dangers and expansion. There is a lot of untamed and abandoned or unexplored ground on this planet since the Vast Glub. Kolako, I would like to promote you as an effervescent leader of the Lightseekers. Your age, skill and personality make you a great internal leader focusing on the land management surrounding the Settlement. I would be so honored if you could step up to manage the ground troops this coming mission, and after continue to work with us. And Tsarzi, your intelligence and dedication on the grounds itself have been just - incredible.”

Panili bubbled up, holding her hands to her chest. While Tsarzi was young - well, Panili was one to talk - she was sharp. Blunt, but eloquent. Not an inspirational leader like Kolako, but already at a young age a fascinating asset.

“You would be a head of development at the Settlement. Your assistance in maintaining and constructing our infrastructure speaks worlds - I think having your voice as a primary expert in our organization is an obvious choice.”

“All this to say, we need you all. As a small organization we can do what we can to reimburse you for your hard work. We have the benefit of having adult trolls with a vast knowledge of technology and other academia as well as practical skills. But, we lack numbers and support. We are not working against the military, but do not see the benefit of playing into their agenda at every turn. In fact, we must be careful: if we make enemies we could easily be considered a fringe group, an anti-Alternian organization, a cult. We seek to change Alternia from the very foundation of its being, and perhaps that is radical, but we must stay smart and vigilant about our place on this world. And, of course, these ‘unofficial promotions’ simply mean that rather than volunteering your time you will be consistently given resources. You are still welcome to come and go, or chat with me if you’d prefer your path to go in a different direction. But if you would like to solidify your place in our group, have more growth and say and so on, this is a great opportunity. Or, at least, I think so!”

Taki-di

quite uneventful

DraconicFeline

Gl!tch~

Yamashii

Doutei

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:37 pm
Sephos Arbola

Sephos looked at the others, face completely blank, as Tsarzi and Kolako (he remembered the redblood, not the blueblood) recieved praise, responsibilities... all of that.

He liked the feeling that he was needed, an important part of the ecosystem that Panili was trying to create. He was that for the forest, but the idea that he could be that elsewhere... He was fine with that. More than fine - he wanted to help, and he would help. Things would grow. Greenery would unfold.

The world would blossom and become a paradise. Eventually. Between the gardening club and this, he could do something to improve the world. To make it less vicious and cruel, not that nature wasn't, but the violence at the tower, what he saw when he went into town, some of it was so... meaningless. Unecessary. Unpleasant. That was why he liked to be in the settlement - others thought the same way. And they could change things. And he wanted to put his all into it, like any gardening endeavor.

But to be in charge of something... To be given things to work with... He wasn't sure what to do with that, not yet. So he looked back at Panili, crossing his arms uncomfortably. He needed to talk to her. About stuff. And then maybe things would become clear.

They usually did.  

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

KitsuneAura

Magical Detective

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:50 pm
Garand turned his attention back to front and center as Panili stepped up to begin her announcements. He was interested of course to hear what they planned to contribute to the space operations, but it was the plans for Alternia itself that really caught his attention. The environmental concerns that had been mentioned, in particular, had him sitting up straighter in his chair.

The word 'drought' was daymare-inducing for anyone living in the desert, he figured, but the idea that those kind of disasters were happening as a result of what trolls were doing was a fear he hadn't ever considered. How long would it be until flowers couldn't grow anywhere, if they were ruining their planet? If helping the Lightseekers out in big movements like this meant helping find a solution to a problem that large-scale, he'd throw his hat in in a heart beat. It would take a little of the sting off of being unable to go into space just yet besides, knowing he was doing just as much good down here.

The blueblood made a note of the names that had been called, watching them follow Panili to the side, then turned his attention to the space crew that had been left behind and neatly raised his hand. "Could you tell us more about the transmitters we'll be installing?" As usual, he couldn't wait to get his hands on new tech and learn how it ticked, but there was more to it than that. "If we need to be subtle, it could help to go over how they work and possibly even practice handling them beforehand."

Sypon

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:43 pm
Tsarzi considered the tealblood acknowledging her. Older than her, upright posture, seemed well put together, and another of the trolls called in by Panili, meaning potentially someone Tsarzi would have continued exposure to. That was worth the social courtesy then. Tsarzi gave a nod back.

As it was, it seems that Tsarzi had missed whatever Panili was offering to the three that had been in here when she came in, unfortunately. She could ask Panili later, no doubt, so not the worst, though it did make her eyes linger on them a bit longer as she considered what they could possibly have been here for. Something about the tealblood face was familiar, perhaps she was one of the Superstar Authority participants? That sounded like it might be right.

Of course, what Tsarzi did hear from the tealblood when she spoke in response to whatever offer she was made was unhelpfully nondescript. However, Panili's response to a communication's inquiry was far more revealing. This was one of the trolls going into orbit then. And pinning their hopes on this troll, according to Panili. Some sort of Lightseekers ringleader for the trolls going offworld then. Fielding their interests on that front then.

That told her nothing of the two greenbloods though.

Tsarzi tucked away those musings for later as the other two trolls being waited on arrived. A lithe redblood, smile on her face that did not reflect in her impatient fidgeting. A greenblood, slow to step in, broad built, voice unsteady. The last two additions to the room's company certainly seemed put off by being here, though in different ways. Tsarzi would reserve judgement on these trolls for now. Panili was generally well put together, if a bit excitable, and she had the counsel of the space crew behind her.

Observations aside, Tsarzi's gaze cut back to Panili as she began to make her proposition to the late entrants.

Holistic and social leadership had already been addressed then, meaning the tealblood and two greenbloods were on that end. Tsarzi tucked that tidbit away as Panili really started in on her offer. Tsarzi found herself loosening up a little as Panili's speech gave her some insight into the greenblood and redblood and their value to the group. Based on visual cues alone, Tsarzi would assume the greenblood was Sephos, given his symbol resembling a leaf and the flower in his hand. That would make the redblood, Kolako then. Panili's words would indicate that the redblood was normally a bubbly and friendly person though. Interesting.

Last of all seemed to be Tsarzi herself being addressed.

She stared at Panili as she finished her speech, swirling her drink idly before draining it and setting her cup to the side.

If Panili's words were anything to go by, Tsarzi's efforts had been quite impressive, even if she herself saw it as simply being goal oriented and hard working. Tsarzi was intelligent and dedicated, yes. That was just a fact of her person She was just doing things her own way, as she always did. And yet, that in and of itself was presenting her with quite an opportunity.

A goal. Lighseekers could give her a goal, and resources to work towards tat goal. Panili's speech brought her attention to a fact she hadn't given deep though on yet. After construction was done, there would still be work to do. The Settlement would need to be maintained and watched after and beyond that, the group itself would need to be nurtured and given room to grow. It was small now, yes, as any group would start. But already with work, it was taking roots and sprouting. Any beyond that, this was a goal she could get behind, a philosophy that she saw as worth spreading. The troll race is a flawed one, distracted and wasteful, but the Lightseekers strove for efficiency and awareness. Sounds like something she could commit to.

What a way to join, by taking up management immediately.

"Sounds like something I can do," Tsarzi said, straightening up from her relaxed lean. A job that let her keep an eye on the Settlement as a whole, that made her a hub for the information and knowledge passing through. Something that would put her in the middle and keep her in the loop on matters. That suited her just fine. "I accept that offer. I'm interested in shaping the future for Lightseekers. I'd like more details on what exactly I'll be doing, but we can go over that later."

Sypon

Gl!tch~

Yamashii

Doutei

quite uneventful

DraconicFeline

Taki-di

Doutei

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:23 pm
As Panili explained her hopes and needs to the group, Nucleo listened carefully. He appreciated that she was trying to set up some structure to the Lightseekers but even more… he was glad to hear her admit she needed help. An operation like this was going to take a lot of work and he hated to think of the pressure that would’ve mounted on her if she tried to do it alone. If he could help carry some of the burden for her, he was willing to consider it.

It was a big commitment, he knew. It would be horrible to agree to help her and then back out later. Frowning as he considered what she needed, he wondered how it would change his life and if he was okay with the changes. He also considered how it might change her life and the rest of the Lightseekers. Nucleo knew he was taking this maybe a little too seriously from the information she’d offered, there was certainly more she probably wanted to tell him. Still, he didn’t want to do anything that would hurt her or let her down.

Hemera replied first, immediately declaring her intent to help. He watched as she brightened at the chance to help coordinate. It was a good role for her. While he and Hemera had disagreed over things regarding Superstar, he did appreciate that she was decisive and quick to action. A minor disagreement didn’t mean he didn’t appreciate the helpful qualities she brought to the table. As she encouraged him to consider it, Nucleo gave Hemera a nod of acknowledgment with a gentle smile before Panili addressed the second wave of trolls.

It was wonderful to see Sephos and Kolako again after they’d been apart for a while. The assignments Panili offered them sounded perfect for their specialities. Sephos would create a beautiful garden and make it possible to sustain not just the Lightseekers needs but possibly trolls in need beyond that. Just imagining what he could do was amazing. Kolako’s great spirit would be encouraging and keep up their morale, as long as she too received emotional support. He recalled hearing from Amonee that she’d been through something hard but believed she’d be able to make it through. Her suffering was hard to watch but perhaps this project would give her something to focus on and look forward to.

As he glanced at Tsarzi, he recalled her act at Superstar and hoped Amonee would be okay. It’d been a little graphic for the jadeblood. Still, it’d shown that Tsarzi was a great survivalist and he had confidence that Panili wouldn’t have asked her in here if she hadn’t shown promise. As she replied her acceptance to help, he found himself letting out a breath he hadn’t realized he was holding. Relief.

"I’ll find time." Nucleo smiled, speaking up once the room was quiet for a moment. Panili’s concern over his busy schedule was a fair one. Still, he’d come in here to offer what help he could and wasn’t going to go back on that. It was a little scary to not know what would come next but somehow he’d make it work.

"Whatever I can do to help, it’s your’s." The greenblood added. He appreciated Panili offering him with supplies and resources but felt a little bad. She and her crew of adults had limited supplies themselves, even with their settlement. It was on him to step up and help them, not the other way around. He’d stayed away for a while out of guilt from not being able to prevent the destruction in Civisect. Then, so much time had passed that he’d felt too awkward to return. So much wasted time!

"I’d like to talk with you more about this later but I understand that now isn’t the best time. Was there anything else you wanted to discuss regarding the current situation?" There was much to catch up on but even more so, much to prepare for! The military’s plans for space were definitely troubling and he wanted to know as much information as he could before heading up there to make Panili’s goals come true.

Yamashii

Sypon

Gl!tch~

DraconicFeline

quite uneventful

Taki-di

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:37 am
It took a lot of courage to ask for help. Amonee put a hand to his chest as he listened to Panili, very emotional from her earlier speech and even more so now that she was explaining what she needed from him. Of course he would be willing to do whatever he could to help her. She was not only an inspirational leader but a friend! The orangeblood hurried to talk with the others while Amonee stood next to Nucleo and thought over everything he'd just learned while listening to the other requests.

Koko, Hemera and Tsarzi would be great trolls to fill leadership positions. They were certainly capable in their areas of expertise. Hemera worked tirelessly to make things efficient; Kolako was a shining example of compassion and spirit; Tsarzi had practically taken over construction already and was doing a great job! But the troll he had the most pride in was Sephos and his green thumb. After visiting the boy's garden earlier and seeing what the greenblood was capable of... Amonee knew that Panili was making a strong choice.

"I would love to help, Panili. I'll do anything I can." He reached forward to take one of the girl's hands and squeeze it for a moment. It was a lot to take in right now and somewhat overwhelming. Saving the environment, creating a network of information, setting up equipment across the planet and across the skies... But if Panili thought this would lead to a better vision of the future, it would all be worth it.

"Yes, we'll be in touch." The jadeblood echoed Nucleo's statement.

"Maybe we could talk ideas over," Amonee let out a laugh and winked at Panili, "Coffee?" He glanced at Nucleo with a smile.

Doutei

Sypon

quite uneventful

DraconicFeline

Taki-di

Gl!tch~

Yamashii

Sypon
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:18 pm
“Ah!” Panili looked to be tearing up. She kept bowing her head in thanks, humming with joy. “Thank you all - um, yes, we can all talk after this! You’re dismissed for now if you’d like to head out and enjoy some food and drinks. If you’d like to ask me questions I’m totally up to answer them! Though it’ll be just a while before we get your night-to-night duties all settled and whatnot.”

EVERYONE!
Lightseekers leaders, you are free to move about the cabin! Feel free to ask Panili any questions you have; I'll probably just answer them interview style so that we can get through them quickly.

Historical & Archived Events

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff