• Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:40 pm
Brief solo RP between my Caelius and Talitha
Please do not post here
Teepee

User Image User Image

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:50 pm

Caelius had been wandering for what felt like ages now. His hooves were weary and his mind even more so. For some reason, this time, it felt like his journey was lasting ages instead of mere minutes...and he just wasn't exactly sure why? What was so different about this time than any other time he had set out with a specific goal in mind? Was it the actual goal itself? The same goal he had held for the last several months now? The very same goal that had led him to his brother, albeit half brother, his blood none the less.

Or was it the circumstances in which he had set out this time?

He wasn't sure. The question kept repeating over and over and over in his mind and he grew even more so exhausted. Without his trusted avian companion to keep his focus in check, Caelius found himself... well ready to give up. Coming to a slow stop, his eyes fluttered shut as he let out a heavy sigh. "Why?" he whispered to himself and to the wind, not really expecting an answer. "Why does it feel so heavy?" he tilted his head towards the sky, wings shuffling as they came to a fold against his side. He kicked absent mindlessly at a rock, shuffling it around the grass before too giving up on that action.

Gaze turned towards a slumped tree with low hanging branches, Caelius decided to stop for the night and rest. Maybe if he slept he'd regain his strength and energy? Or at least, he could only hope. Legs feeling too tired to even support himself anymore he let his body lower to the ground, hooves tucked underneath him, tail curled around and resting at his flank. His neck ached from strain and he let it slip gently to the ground. Another tired sigh escaped him as he attempted to search for sleep though it seemed elusive at first. His ears were perked, alert to a sound his mind wasn't even aware of yet. "Maybe I should just..." he whispered again to himself. "Just......stop." he groaned, face winced in agitation though his mind scrambled to catch up.

Behind him a figure approached, calm, gentle, smiling. He was only just now becoming aware of the sounds of her hoof-falls and the delicacy of her breathing. Wearily he lifted his head and set his pure white gaze upon her. For a moment, his tired mind played tricks on him. "Could it be?!" he gasped, excitement half lifting him from the ground before pausing.

No.... it wasn't. "Oh....forgive me.... I thought you were....someone else." he apologized before slinking back down against the earth. Gently he shook his head, eyes now closed once more. "I thought I had finally found her..." he muttered quietly and under his breath, quite clearly dejected.

Word Count: 473

Fea Line

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500

Fea Line

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:07 pm
"But you found me." her words were gentle, soft, warm, and happy. A smile lifted her features as she peered at him, an almost childlike laughter in her tone.

She had been following him for the last several hours unbeknownst to him. She wasn't trying to be malicious, dangerous or creepy. No, rather, she was almost drawn to him. She felt him, almost, the moment he had given in. He hadn't put it into words yet but deep in his heart, he had lost hope. And she could sense it.

Drawn to his heart ache almost like bees to nectar she had hoped to reach him and perhaps....persuade him. No matter the time it took. "True, I'm not who you were looking for." she said again, taking a few gentle steps closer to him, watching carefully as he moved, albeit subtly. An eye peered open now at her and she grinned even wider. Her wings tittered excitedly against her side and small bubbling laughter escaped her lips once more. "But I am here. And I want to help." she said more sternly now, almost like a mother addressing a child. "And I can't do that if you're giving up." she whipped her tail against the air, eyes narrowing slightly.

"No no no, I'll hear none of it!" she exclaimed, waving a hoof at him to silence him before he could really even speak. "You can't fool Caelius. Your heart is as tired as your body and I can feel it. You can't deny it any longer." she scolded him, now taking her place at his side as he began to rise on weary legs to protest. "Hush." she snapped, shaking her head and letting out a sigh herself. "No one ever said this was going to be easy." she gently reminded him, her glowing mint eyes landing on him with concern. "But it wont get finished if you just give up either." she prodded gently, reaching her neck out and gently touching her muzzle to his shoulder. "You can't let something like time defeat you Caelius. Patience can be hard but sometimes it is necessary." she continued to speak to him like a mother teaching her foal an important life lesson.

She smiled once again as he seemed to calm himself and accept her presence more openly now. Together they fell softly to the ground, legs nestled beneath them and wings tucked against their sides. "Rest now. Regain your strength for tomorrow and press on. It may not happen then and it may not happen the next day either but.....it will. Just keep believing. I can promise you that...." she cooed, spreading a single wing over his side as he relaxed into slumber.

Gently she hummed a tune, lulling him farther into sleep as she watched over his sleeping figure. Whether or not she'd be there when he awoke however....that remained to be decided.

Word Count: 484

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff