Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[PRP] Rabbit and Crow, Here to Put on a Show (Melody + Fred) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Saliru

Cluttered Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:04 pm
Melody was walking down the path leading back to the dorms with a large lace print umbrella to keep her outfit dry. It was barely drizzling, but that was beside the point. She had on her usual lacy style, but this skirt was slightly shorter than usual which allowed her to show off her favorite knee high boots. She was carefully avoiding the puddles, like a child might avoid sidewalk cracks for fear of breaking their mother's backs.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:24 pm

Fred was dressed in his own fancy clothing, wearing a grand frilled and elaborate ensemble, all pink, dark red and dark purple. It was the sort of thing you saw in a fashion show or a fashion district, very far from the normal clothes people wore out and about. He was wearing a tall top hat decorated with an array of fancy things and had his own umbrella by his side. He wasn't in the rain, instead relaxing by the doorway, looking out over the grounds he now called home.

He didn't think anything of Melody as she approached, though he tipped his hat to her in greeting.

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

Saliru

Cluttered Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:37 pm
Melody didn't think anything at first either, even grabbing the fabric of her dress to offer him a curtsy in kind as she ducked in the door. Then froze in her tracks and spun around and returned to smile brightly at him. "You have delightful taste." It was extremely important he knew this, even if he already knew it, confirming it. Yes. "I love your hat especially."  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:55 pm

"Thanks" he said jauntily. "I'm a big fan of hats, always have been. Like good clothes too. Shame I had to leave so many behind. I'll make do though, I'm nothing if not resourceful, will have my wardrobe sorted out in no time."

He extended his hand. "Fred." he said.

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

Saliru

Cluttered Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:02 pm
She gently placed her hand over his, palm down, and made no effort to shake the hands together, "Melody."

"We have portals that lead all over the world so all the sources are at your disposal, that is... if you have permission for them yet? Or are you fresh from the labs." She shuddered visually, the pod room was always rather unnerving and it wasn't fun for her waking up so disoriented among the other podded persons. She hated pod duty. It felt like they could all come alive at any moment and what if they weren't all so friendly?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:13 pm

Fred smiled. "Too new for portals." he said. "I'm all fresh and new out of the pod in general, so still just adapting to the speed of life here. Things seem pretty slow paced, to be expected I guess on an island."

He gestured to the jungle. "Always wanted to retire to a tropical island, shame the sun's been gone a while, otherwise I'd be living it large."

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

Saliru

Cluttered Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:44 pm
Melody nodded, "I would have preferred a city somewhere, just walk to all the things you could possibly ever need. But I have to admit the flora sure is beautiful here, just be wary some of it does not attempt to eat you -" She eyed him over, very much impressed still, "- or your clothes."

"Either of those things would be a terrible shame."

She tilted her head to one side. "Is the island part what sold you on the idea of this place?"  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:11 pm

"Oh that sounds interesting." he said regarding plants trying to eat him. "I hope some of them can talk, I wouldn't mind a conversation with a tiger-lily. Maybe they could send me in the direction of the red queen." and he gave her a cryptic wink.

"Honestly there were lots of things that coaxed me here." Though he didn't impart what those were. "I had no idea it was an island, that was just a bonus. It's not quite a resort thing but it's not far off. I think it'd be very nice, if only the rain would clear up a bit."

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

Saliru

Cluttered Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:18 pm
"It used to be sunny most of the time," she assured him. "I miss those days. I'm sick of these impromptu water creatures spoiling the fun as well."

At his statement and wink, she blinked at him. She was not entirely educated on that particular book, or series rather, but had planned to partake when she had the time. She still knew enough to know what he was most likely referencing. "You will have to educate me sometime on that - my current skills begin and end at tea."

She hoped not to offend him with her ignorance of something he so clearly enjoyed, though now his hat seemed to make a lot more sense.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:34 pm

"Hopefully they leave soon." he said with a nod.

"And oh yes, gladly, there's a ******** huge deal to be said for it." And Melody at some point would get to be one of the many people subjected to long lectures on the nuances of Wonderland and how it was so deep no really.

"Just a thing I'm a fan of really, do you have anything you like?"

Saliru

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

Saliru

Cluttered Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:09 pm
Melody looked thoughtful for a moment, tapping her lip with the tip of her finger. It was a question that lead to so many flood gates; she liked certain colors, she liked lace, she liked how it felt when having her hair just done or any other number of things that made her feel crisp, clean, and refreshed. Most of all though was probably, shopping. She wasn't sure though as it seemed like a question more at media, was she a fan of anything in particular? Yes, to some extent, but the material was far more vague. "I really like most shows on Netflix, like Jessica Jones, but my favorites are the old black and white movies and shows like I Love Lucy or the African Queen. I haven't really read as many books as I'd like to of, though I do have a few ...interesting... novels that have been my favorites."

Baneful

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:47 pm

Fred gave Melody a curious look as she replied, keeping whatever he might of thought about her list mostly to himself. "Jessica Jones?" he said. "That the one about the guy who can control people? What a cool super power!"

He laughed. "By interesting do you mean smutty as ********? Loads of women these days seem to be into the good old bodice rippers. I like loads of books, Master and Margarita, Watership Down, Call of the Wild, Pig Tales and the obvious Alice and Wonderland. I'll read anything though if I'm bored enough."

"Guess I'll have even more time here to read things. Like jail."

Saliru

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

Saliru

Cluttered Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:20 pm
Melody nodded wildly at the description of the show, "It would be cool for someone who at least understood morals but he's downright terrifying honestly. I hope there's updates for my next leave trip to America." And that was itself a question, "Where are you from?"

Her question however had been immediately forgotten at his rather blunt and straightforward question. She may have turned a really really bright pink colour. "Mmmffdngg...," somewhere between a strangled snort and a stutter. "...no." She lied.

It's not jail, she mentally added, but was far too flustered to actually say.

Baneful

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:58 am

Fred didn't look too bothered or to think that the antagonist of the show was very concerning, but nodded in agreement. "Eh. I've been around, mostly New York city though." That was his most recent home and the one he felt most warmly about, before that things had been less pleasant.

He shrugged. "Oh right. Just a guess then, whatever mate."

Saliru

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

Saliru

Cluttered Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:49 am
At Fred's response, she gave herself a moment to defluster and calm herself down before shaking her head at him. "No, I'm sorry, I lied. I don't know why I lied. I guess that stuff just makes me very... well... you're plenty clear aren't you? I'm not used to that and honestly... you kind of shocked me." She looked around nervously before deciding New York was a much better subject, "Oh yes, New York, I've never been but hopefully will in the near future. Is the architecture as beautiful in real life as it seems in movies and magazines?"

Baneful

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces