Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[Runic Course] Medic (Kai/Seren) Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:54 am
WE ARE HALLOWEEN
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Life Hunter
BATTLE ARENA

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

General Information
The portal opens up into an observation room, and down the stairs, an odd chamber for something like hunter training. At the center of a piranha-filled pool stands a solid stone table and several chairs. The Life Arena was built underneath the demolitions and ballistics testing areas, and the chamber rumbles with the occasional explosions above. Pinpoint red lasers sweep across the room regularly, as if hidden snipers are searching for a nice target. In the center of the table sits a wooden tower, made up of smaller wooden blocks. Yes. That's right. The Life Hunters prefer to train via Jenga.

Note: Distraction techniques and Yo Momma jokes are considered viable weapons when playing competitively.

If you fail: you have knocked down the tower! A small dart hits the back of your neck. You come to several hours later, and hope Dr. H didn't do anything to your body while you were unconscious. When you look into the mirror...

If you win: you have reached 50 points! You get a sharpie marker to do with as you please. peen points go to those with the highest scores.

Group Play
Playing in a group on any course means certain things can be shifted to make it a better experience for multiple people without holding anyone back.
An approved group play alteration for the life arena goes as follows:
When someone knocks the tower down, they are shot with a weaker dart. They will wake up 5 minutes later, the game can be reset back to the point before it fell by placing their hands on the table and saying the word, constructum. This allows them to start again where they left off instead of the beginning. They can take up to three of these darts before passing out for an hour, the game will not reset for them and they will need to try again from the beginning.

Mechanics
    - by carefully removing pieces of the tower, you earn points and advance to the next round. As the rounds continue, the odds grow steadily against you. Rolling a 1 at any point means you have knocked down the tower. Please do enjoy your mystery dart. Anything after reaching 50 points is purely for peen.

- you may roll pieces individually (suggested for group play) or in batches of 5 (basically, a full round.)

• Round 1

Pieces: 5
    Points per piece: 1
    Trainee Roll: 1d10
    Life Trainee Roll: 1d12
    Hunter Roll: 1d12
    Life Hunter Roll: 1d20

• Round 2

Points per piece: 3
    Trainee Roll: 1d8
    Life Trainee Roll: 1d10
    Hunter Roll: 1d10
    Life Hunter Roll: 1d12

• Round 3

Points per piece: 4
    Trainee Roll: 1d6
    Life Trainee Roll: 1d8
    Hunter Roll: 1d8
    Life Hunter Roll: 1d10

• Round 4

Points per piece: 10
    Trainee Roll: 1d4
    Life Trainee Roll: 1d6
    Hunter Roll: 1d6
    Life Hunter Roll: 1d8

Bonus Mechanics
  • Life Hunters train for precise hand eye coordination and exceptional judgement, thus they have a slightly lower chance of knocking down the tower.

Status

Round: (current round number)

Pieces Taken:
Total Points:

[quote="Status"]
[size=14][color=#00BFFF][b]Round: (current round number)[/b][/color][/size]

[b]Pieces Taken:[/b]
[b]Total Points:[/b]

[/quote]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:06 am

Kai walked down slowly into the large room, jumping in place whenever he heard another rumble from above. "Why everything gotta be underground." He said to Seren. Since dare night, he had texted her asking if she wanted to spot him during runic courses. He had never done any and didn't want to go alone.

"Looks like a James Bond lair. Oh fish!" He said, looking over at the fish in the water around them. "Ugly fish." He corrected.

Aria Starstone

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

Aria Starstone

Sexy Goat

32,115 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Enemy of the Goat 25
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:27 am
Seren had been totally up for it, since she hadn't done this one either. She figured every chance to get one of these under her belt was a good one, and so she had texted him right back with a Yes! His question made her lift her brows at him, curiously. "Don't like being underground?" She asked, her head tilting. "Or overly enclosed spaces?" Her tone was just curious, maybe a little concerned for him, but there was no judgement in it. People had their fears, and she understood that all too well. She didn't much like the rumbles, herself, but she was trying to control her reactions, which meant with a tiny degree of success at least.

She laughed at his comment on the fish, though the Lair comment got a puzzled smile. She glanced down at the fish and her brows wrinkled a little. "They look kinda like the pictures I saw of piranha in school, but way way waaaaaaaaay more vicious. Not a thing I want to go swimming with for sure." She moved towards the bridge, walking with slightly exaggerated caution, unwilling to risk that one of the rumbles would be heavy enough to send her tripping into that horrifying water.

MoonKitsune

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:38 am
"Nah, small spaces don't freak me out unless I can't fit. Just don't like pits with explosions up over my head." He said as he pointed up, following Seren over the bridge. "Don't like big pools of weird fish either." Or pools in general.

In the center of the platform was a set of chairs around a table and in the center was a tower of wooden blocks. "Are you shittin me?" He sid, moving over to take a seat as he looked at the Jenga blocks.

"Is this Jenga?" He said in disbelief as he looked over at her. "I thought we were in da army, not first grade."

Quote:
Wanna do batches of 5 or do it roll by roll. Batches makes it go more quickly.

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

Aria Starstone

Sexy Goat

32,115 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Enemy of the Goat 25
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:54 pm
She nodded at his response, understanding that completely. Getting across the bridge, she heaved a sigh of relief at not being in danger of falling onto the fish anymore.

She took a seat to his right, staring in bafflement at the Jenga blocks. She had no idea what this game was. "Um... What... is Jenga?" Her expression shifted to one of both bafflement and embarrassment. She'd never played this game, and she had no idea what the hell she was getting herself into. She was probably going to ******** this up badly, she found herself thinking. "Do we... build things with these blocks or what?"

MoonKitsune
It looks like the dice changes per round, so through round 3, I don't think we can do 5 at a time? After that, though, def five at a time.

Unless I'm misreading. I often do, I can kinda be an idiot.

MoonKitsune rolled 1 10-sided dice: 10 Total: 10 (1-10)
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:54 am
He sat down with her, trying to get comfortable in such a stiff chair and stared at the tower. "You never played? Nah, you like, try not to knock it over. You look around and pull out one block. Then the other person does it too. You keep doing it and the person who makes it fall over looses and you win. So like, you get blocks too that try and make it harder for the other person to win. Gotta have steady hands too when you pull it out."

"Here. Let me show you." He reached out, taking a block right from the middle, pushing his finger into the side to force the block to slide out from the other side, before grabbing it and sliding it very slowly out. "See. Now you gotta go."

Status

Round: 1

Pieces Taken: 1
Total Points: 1

Aria Starstone
First off. Never say you are an idiot. Not well informed or not sure is a fine excuse. *Pets*
Trainee Roll: 1d10 - Our roll

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

Aria Starstone rolled 1 10-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-10)

Aria Starstone

Sexy Goat

32,115 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Enemy of the Goat 25
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:36 am
She blinked, surprised by the explanation of the game. It didn't sound too hard, initially, but then she realized you weren't just taking from the top, and her eyes widened a bit. Watching him maneuver the piece out, she absently said "Never had much time for games. Studying and work, yeah?"

She was very impressed by his skill, and gave a small, very careful clap, before tilting her head, trying to find a decent block to move. Finally, she selected one from slightly higher then he had, and began to carefully, and slowly, wiggle it out. Her expression was a little ridiculous looking, eyes narrowed in concentration, nose wrinkled, and her tongue sticking out of the corner of her mouth, something she hadn't even realized she'd done. When it popped free, however, she looked ridiculously pleased.

Status

Pieces Taken: 1
Total Points: 1

MoonKitsune
Eep! K. Sorry, I tend to get self conscious and self deprecating when nervous and/or unsure. And danke for explaining!

MoonKitsune rolled 1 10-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-10)
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:52 am
He watched her with an amused smile before she managed to get one out. "Not so much. School wasn't much for me. Didn't do family games like this much. Just in elementary a few times. Keep ya busy."

He reached out, poking on the side again to try and gently pull one out again. Delicate work like this always made him nervous, his fingers feeling too fat, his hands too large, and his whole body not suited for something that required anything gentle. He held his breath as he pulled it out and then set it down, breathing out.

Status

Pieces Taken: 2
Total Points: 2

Aria Starstone
That's okay. I just feel it's healthier to not be so hard on yourself. You are learning. Feel free to poke me on discord if you have any shop questions. I'm always open for talking.
Trainee Roll: 1d10 - Our roll

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

Aria Starstone rolled 1 10-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-10)

Aria Starstone

Sexy Goat

32,115 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Enemy of the Goat 25
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:23 am
"School was supposed to be an exit path." She said, with no emotion in her words as she watched him work, the kind of emotionless that said 'sitting on the emotions'. She clapped, gently, when he got his next piece out, glad for his success, always happy when some one she liked did well at something.

It was possible her competitive side might be very weird.

She then reached over, and slowly, carefully, worked a piece out around the middle, trying for one that wouldn't ruin the entire tower if she got it out. Her fingers finally got enough of it to slip out that she could grip the very end, and she slowly just pulled it back and out of the tower.

Status

MoonKitsune
It is, I know. Ongoing mental battle, that'un. <3 I appreciate you, and your help a lot!

MoonKitsune rolled 1 10-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-10)
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:07 pm
"Exit path to where? Where were you going?" He said, reaching out and going to pull a piece from the side. This didn't turn out so well as when he started to pull, his thumb nudged the side and before he could stop, the entire tower fell over.

"Aw well, loo-" Before he could even continue, his eyes glazed over and the table shook as his head hit the table, a dart sticking out the side of his neck.

After a few minutes, he slowly started to come to. Rubbing his head and groaning, he slowly sat up and looked around. "What.....what the...." Where was he again?

Status

Knocked out!

Aria Starstone

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

Aria Starstone rolled 1 10-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-10)

Aria Starstone

Sexy Goat

32,115 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Enemy of the Goat 25
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:49 pm
"An escape from home." Was all she said, in a tone that really thoroughly pleaded him not to ask too many questions. She hated that part of the discussion, it always went places she didn't want to go.

When the tower went down, she jumped, with a startled 'AH!' However, when he went down from a dart, she stared in mild horror. "This is... ridiculous. This is INSANE." She stared at him for a long moment, then carefully arranged him into the most comfortable position she could manage for him, patting the big man's shoulder. He was such a nice man, and she hoped he'd wake soon.

She placed her hands on the table, and calmly said "CONSTRUCTUM." When it reset, she muttered "That is some serious Harry Potter BS. Not that Potter is BS, but wow."

She began working on a piece, and managed to get it out in the time he was unconscious. When he woke back up, she blinked, startled, then said "Hey! Are you ok? You knocked over the tower and they ********' darted you!"

Status

Pieces Taken: 3
Total Points: 3

MoonKitsune

MoonKitsune rolled 1 10-sided dice: 10 Total: 10 (1-10)
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:31 pm
"They what?" He reached around, feeling the dart and pulling it out with a hiss. Staring at it in his hand in disbelief, he looked up at her and then jerked in his chair to look at the walls. "Some Indian tomb s**t in here. What the hell man? I thought we was playing Jenga not ...look at this." He said, holding it up.

Rubbing the flat of his palms against his eyes, he looked at the tower. "Aww. We still gotta do this I'm tired now."

Shaking it off, he reached out and pulled off a easy piece from the side. "Feel like I got hit from a truck. Didn't know I was gonna get drugged. What if I fell into the pond who gonna dig me out?" It was no offense to Seren, but he doubted she could pull him out and he didn't want to drown or be fish food.

Status

Pieces Taken: 3
Total Points: 3
Knocked out: 1/3

Aria Starstone

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

Aria Starstone rolled 1 10-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-10)

Aria Starstone

Sexy Goat

32,115 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Enemy of the Goat 25
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:01 pm
She took no offense at his words. She was strong, and would jump in to fight off the fish, but she wasn't stupid enough to think she could extract him. "I get you. I mean if it came to it, I'd call for help and fight off the fish, but yeah." She frowned around the room, a suspicious look on her young face, before going back to glare at the tower.

She reached over, and found a piece that looked like it wouldn't destabilize the mess TOO much, before working it out with care. "There we go.. By the way, meant to ask. How goes the tattoo parlor setting up... thing?" She realized that wasn't the most eloquent way to ask but her brain had decided NOT to cooperate with SmartWords TM.

Status

Pieces Taken: 4
Total Points: 4

MoonKitsune

MoonKitsune rolled 1 10-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-10)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:20 am

"Gonna open soon. Been helpin Joy clean up the ol2ace. Wanna start making cash to get her an new oven. Thinking of being my first client?" He asked as he slid out another block.

Status

Pieces Taken: 4
Total Points: 4
Knocked out: 1/3

Aria Starstone

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

Aria Starstone rolled 1 10-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-10)

Aria Starstone

Sexy Goat

32,115 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Enemy of the Goat 25
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:20 am
She made a wistful sigh. "I wish. It'll probably be awhile before I can afford it. I'm saving up, though. Gonna be my first big splurge, once you have everything you need. And regarding clean up, if I can help in anyway, let me know." She began to work her next block out as she talked. "I'm no stranger to cleaning or labor, so I can probably be of use." She said it as an open offer of assistance, with the clear implication she didn't expect anything in return... Just offering aid to friends. "Heh once she has it, maybe she'll let me borrow it once in a while, that oven. The ones in the kitchen are awful."

Status

Pieces Taken: 5
Total Points: 5

MoonKitsune

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items