Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[PRP] Gourmand (Jordan, Lysander) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:43 pm
Jordan shrugged one shoulder. "Maybe you did have good ideas as well," he said. "I don't know your area of expertise. But it's a lot harder to get people to say something they think you won't like if you're in charge of what happens to them." It would probably be wrong to assume that Lys had been entirely incompetent; Jordan had only vague grounds to base his guesses on. But he was certain that the other man wasn't used to people disagreeing with him. "Would you tell your boss flatly that his idea was wrong, or would you try to make it sound better so he wouldn't be mad at you?"

Baneful

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:53 pm

"My dad was my boss, but I guess you are right, I just wouldn't tell him or I'd spin it in a way that he wouldn't get pissed off. I guess people do lie. It's just weird though, to think that all those people who I just trusted to be telling me the truth maybe weren't."

He nodded. "I'll deal with it, it's just a lot of things I never really had to think about. I kind of lived in a bubble I guess, and now its gone."

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:09 pm
"Life here takes some adjusting to." Jordan nodded, sipped at his coffee. "On that note, how're you and your weapon getting along?"

Baneful

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:51 am

It was a question Lysander would have rather avoided, but given how direct it was here and now he couldn't think of a way to wheedle out of it. Instead he cleared his throat and said.

"Er. Well I mean. Herald. It was hard to even believe she was even real for a long time there. So I was trying not to listen. Sometimes its hard to make myself listen, it's quite staggering to take." he looked away shiftily.

"She sounds like a little girl a lot of the time, it's really quite distressing. But I know she's not a little girl, whenever she talks my mind gets bombarded with really strange images. Distressing things, birds drowned in oil slicks, that sort of thing. It all feels....toxic."

He made a face. "It's hard to get along with something which feels so inherently evil when my religion is all about primarily harming no one, I just consistently feel that if I side with this voice in my head, it will lead me down a dark dark path."

Prolixity

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:23 pm
Jordan listened, and made a noncommittal, considering noise. "I understand where you're coming from," he said after a moment. "It's good to have some kind of amiable arrangement, though, if you can manage that. It helps you get stronger and deal with the things we have to deal with. Maybe think of it as a business partnership, if that would help."

It wouldn't be helpful that Lys found his partner offputting. Some bonds were less naturally compatible than others. Time might help, or it might not, but they would have to come to some kind of reconciliation to work together. Jordan reached mentally for Ferros, grateful all over again that the two of them had been compatible from the start. That was a piece of luck that he had not known enough to appreciate when they had first bonded.

Baneful
[  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:04 pm

"Yeah I'll try." he sighed. "Just going to be hard."

He sighed. "It'd be easier to have a business partnership with something human ultimately. Hopefully next time we talk I'll be better off."

Prolixity

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:44 pm
Jordan nodded, and didn't dispute the idea. "I hope so," he agreed mildly. Lysander had been fairly receptive to the ideas he'd put forth, and it would probably be counterproductive to push any further now and risk a stubborn backlash.

"I don't make it a habit to provide all and sundry with caffeine, but I don't mind sharing from time to time," he said. He finished off his own cup of coffee, and put it down on the counter. "Anyway, if you ever feel like getting some exercise or training in, we're always up for a spar."

Baneful

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:26 pm

"Much appreciated, I need coffee to live and going cold turkey is unbearable, anything you can spare I would love. And I'll even spar you too in exchange if that's the deal you have going." he winked.

"You can just either text me or whatever, call me, or my personal assistant Roswell."

Prolixity

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:33 pm
"I hear that. You can come by from time to time for a cup, as long as I'm not busy," Jordan nodded. "I'd like it if we could spar as well. I'm not going to require it, but it's strongly suggested. It's good to learn." He grinned, friendly. "I'll even go easy on you."

Ferros sighed wistfully, aware that that meant that he would be left unsummoned while Jordan fought with daggers, but resigned to the fact that sometimes trainees needed a less intimidating experience.

"I'll have it put on your schedule, then," Jordan agreed.

Baneful

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces