Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hivestuck

Back to Guilds

Homestuck inspired troll related b/c 

Tags: homestuck, troll, breedables, mspa, alternia 

Reply Alternia RP
[PRP] Doing your Part (Athera and Keionx)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:14 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The Alternian Ninja Squirrel event inspired a certain heroic troll to build some serious training equipment in the swamp... How suitable that it involves trees, right?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:20 pm
Keionx looked at her handiwork. Wooden structures loomed overhead, along with ropes and weighted objects, all treated with substances she understood could resist the pervasive rot of the swamp.

It was an obstacle course.

The Bloodfest booth, with the squirrel and the sea of acorns, had appealed to her a lot. Keionx couldn't get it out of her head, no matter how hard she tried to focus on other things (helping with the training tree, scouting, the duties she had gradually aquired as a member of the rebellion.) So eventually, as with the renovations on her old Busthind hive, she just went and DID it. And now here it was, in all of its glory.

As she rested against one of the 'training trees', Keionx was pleased... and she almost couldn't wait to test it out.

saedusk

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

saedusk
Crew

Dedicated Bunny

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:39 pm
"Woaaah, hey-! What's thaaat?" Athera asked, awed and unperturbed by her own failure to introduce herself or even say hello. They were formalities she'd have time for later; right now she was far too busy being a kid whose interest had been caught by the scruff the moment she'd seen Keionx's work. "Did you build it, huh? By yourself?"

It was apparent she'd only been passing through originally. In her arms was a bundle of swamp flowers she'd picked at the edge of the village, transplants for her garden and ingredients for her experiments. Now they were an afterthought as she set them on a small jut of rock and pulled one glove tighter over her hand.

"It looks so coooool."

DraconicFeline

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:42 pm
saedusk

Hmm? Oh, it was a child. Keionx wiped some stray sweat from her brow and smiled.

"Indeed! It beith mine own work. Others helped," she amended, credit where credit was due, she had had help, "But the idea, and yey, much of the work, cameth from mine hands." And she was very proud of it.

It was only at that point that Keionx noticed the kid's blood color... well, after realizing that this kid was one of the Leader's children, to whom she was playing lusus. It was odd, but hadn't someone played lusus to Keionx twice before? And had not her lusus taken care of two children? It was not so unlikely, was it, given all of these things.

"Tis an obstacle course, for training thyself on, if thou shoult wish it." Was the child here to inspect her for the leader, or just here? Either way;

"Indeed, it does." she said, smiling, "Twill look cooler, once it has been worn in a little."  

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

saedusk
Crew

Dedicated Bunny

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:04 am
"Beith...?" she repeated. It was easy enough to understand what Keionx was saying overall, but she'd never heard anyone talk that way before. It was kinda cool, she thought. Athera appreciated most anything different.

"How come you talk like that?" It was an innocent enough question, not meant to be rude, though it may have come off that way with how blunt it was. Athera didn't seem to notice if that was the case. "It's neat. I haven't heard anybody talk like that."

With an energetic sort of smile, she looked from Keionx to her creation and back again. "When can we use it? Can I use it? I wanna try."

DraconicFeline

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:12 pm
saedusk
now we get to the fun part

"Aye. Beith - is my own work." Keionx clarified, in case her accent had been confusing. Sometimes it was - didn't mean she wasn't going to speak like this... why be something other than who she was?

"Aye, verily, twas what I read in books." At the same time, she didn't mind explaining. A lot more thought had gone into how she spoke than it seemed, and it had just become... that. "Twas how some trolls spoke - trolls I wished to trod in yon footsteps. And so, I spoke as thus, and so my lusus encourageth."

It also felt good to speak that way, the flowing vibrations ringing presently in her throat and in her ears. "If thou wishest to speaketh in this way, twould be my pleasure to lend thee mine books." she'd salvaged a few of them - she was going to put them in the library in the training trees anyway, another way of giving back. Just like Vremea. In fact, exactly like Vremea - these could well have come from the aisles of her library, those sweeps ago.

At the mutantblood's voiced desire, Keionx grinned. "Tis ready now!" she said, rubbing her hands together, "And it doth need testing. Art thou volunteering?"  

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

saedusk
Crew

Dedicated Bunny

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:32 pm
"Ohhhh, yeah yeah!" When she could, Athera liked to snoop through Muerte's books. A lot of them were scientific and way over her head at this point, but the ideas they presented fascinated her. She had no idea what kind of reading Keionx meant to share, but she'd give it a shot. "Can I borrow them? Maybe we can go after-" She pointed to the obstacle course without finishing the thought. She didn't really need to.

"I reeeeally wanna try. I volunteer! I volunteer!" The hand previously pointing shot straight up into the air, raised like this was some kind of classroom and she was eager to give the correct answer.

"I promise you won't be disappointed. I'll do really good. Probably the best." Athera's own hubris had her puffing up before she even stepped foot on the course. It was good to be confident, but sometimes she got a bit excessive.

DraconicFeline

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:16 pm
"Excellent!" Keionx said, enthused by the troll's enthusiasm, "Go for it! Twill be watching with great excitement!"

And excitement was the word. While Keionx wanted to take a proper turn on her course, she also wanted to make sure it was calibrated for the youngins, too. If it wasn't, then it would be a terrible teaching tool, with terrible scaling, and that was just bad training.

"Start ye on the yonder log, then to the net, and forth to the curved wall." she instructed. There -- that would be good to start with, wouldn't it?

Quote:

Log Grip
-1 Stamina
A vertical log hanging from a downward sloped rail with two one foot drops over a pit of acorns. The objective is to hug the side of the log, riding it across the pit of acorns without falling in.

Add your strength to your score.
A score of 7 or higher is required to pass this objective.

Cargo Climb
-2 Stamina
A thirty foot vertical climb of cargo net. The objective is to climb straight up.

Add your endurance OR your strength to your score.

Spider Climb
-3 Stamina
Two vertical parallel walls, each twenty feet tall. The objective is to climb straight up, with one’s hands and feet on either wall.

Add your strength to your score.

saedusk
Omg I'm sorry

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
Alternia RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash