Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[PRP] Where There Be Dragons? (Sherry and Mark) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Grifferie

Crew

Deus Sherry

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:52 pm
There had been a lot of things to think about after returning from the tiny island. Or not think about. The time spent there almost felt like a dream, but clearly not all of it had been, even if the actual timelines were off and - Sherry sighed, looked at her calendar and reminded herself she'd only lost a few days, not months and months. Stranger things had happened. Right?

Sherry was currently wiping down her kitchen counter for the third time. It didn't really need it, but it was something to do. She'd been fidgety since she got back - even with Armagnac very well and talking again Sherry was having trouble being alone. It was too quiet and too, well, lonely.

Sherry could feel Armagnac mentally wrapping around her, protective and promising.

"Yeah," Sherry said, twirling the ring on her finger. Except it wasn't. She and Lucky had talked about things and he remembered them.

"Right." There were other things bothering her. Not just the lost time. It was hazy - a half remembered dream for most of her time there - but she remembered a few things. She remembered some conversations with others and she remembered feelings. She remembered everyone abandoning her - her friends and her dragons. (Armagnac gave her a mental shove for she denied this had actually happened.) She remembered questions.

"I'm going to go check on Mark." Sherry had been thinking out loud a lot more since returning from the island. Make sure he was okay - and ask him a few things. So far, he'd been the one who had been the most forthcoming with information on Steve.

"Caelius might know more," Sherry was saying to herself as she walked down the hallway, "but he's an a** and I'd rather not deal with him. H probably knows more, too, but he's always so busy." Besides, she was worried about Mark. She didn't say that part out loud, but it was still true.

"Mark," she said, not bothering to knock when she got to the door to his office, "are you in? I've brought you some pop-tarts." She had indeed brought a box of pop-tarts.

Zoobey

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:10 pm
Mark was doing a really good impression of trying to slowly shake his head at Sherry subtly as possible while pointing a finger away.

The Death lead was also in the Death office but he was busy doing whatever it was he did when he wasn't finger and arm chopping.

Grifferie

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

Grifferie

Crew

Deus Sherry

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:12 pm
Sherry raised her eyebrows at Mark, trying to figure out what was wrong with him. What was that look? Why was he pointing --

Sherry froze in the doorway as she saw Caelius was also present. He'd only been here maybe 1 out of the past 4 times she'd stopped by, and it looked like her luck had run out today.

Sherry swallowed as if that could somehow take back what she'd said and breathed and the whole past 30 seconds. She took a step back, hoping to get out unnoticed.

She was very, very aware of the ring on her hand as she waved frantically, but in a small contained way, at Mark even as she backed out into the hallway. She might have been mouthing something that was supposed to be 'come here'.

Zoobey

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:13 am
Mark in turn made a series of even more complicated hand gestures back that had no bearing or significance to Sherry, though the last gesture seemed to gesture give me of her food sacrifice.

"Come in," said a familiar voice, of neither Mark or his lead, but familiar.

Grifferie

WE ARE HALLOWEEN
Captain

Blessed Member

Grifferie

Crew

Deus Sherry

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:39 pm
Sherry's expression just became more confused. What the hell did that even mean, Mark? She was in the middle of shaking her head and shrugging her shoulders at him when she heard the voice.

She paused, gave Mark a pleading look, and then stepped in enough to poke her head through the door.

"Um," she said, her fingers nervously drumming on the pop-tart box, "me?" She looked at Mark, Caelius, and around the room trying to find the voice.

Zoobey

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:08 pm
Mark made grabby hands again for the pop tart box as soon as Sherry got closer. Yet, something stranger happened if she took another step. The room shifted, just slightly, subtly-

- And it was just Sherry alone now.

"Over here," said a polite voice, and next to Sherry, close, almost too close was a woman in a white dress and long braided black hair and a fixed, purposeful smile. When she spoke, it felt impossible to concentrate on anything else. "Did you come back to repay my favour?"

Grifferie

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

Grifferie

Crew

Deus Sherry

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:27 pm
Sherry saw Mark, but before she could hand off her gift or see who had spoken things things changed and she was alone. Her brow furrowed in worry at that, for she registered it as a bad omen.

"Oh!" Sherry jumped and whirled to face the woman, holding the pop-tart box up to her chest like some kind of shield. As if it would help if anything happened.

She gazed at the woman - beautiful, familiar. "I. um, favour?" The question the woman had asked was important, but it took Sherry at least a few heartbeats remember. The woman who'd been in cage the with her. Talk of a favour. Accepting her help. She'd never forgotten. She'd remembered all of it. The cage, the falling, the choosing, the dragon, being lost, and spending forever in a cage. She did remember.

"I guess so," Sherry said slowly. "I mean, that's not why I came here but... do you need me to repay it now?" Sherry swallowed as the word price began to echo in her head.

Zoobey

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:44 pm
"Now," she repeated, but not spitefully, "Soon, later, I can wait-" She gave Sherry a more singular sort of smile, never breaking eye contact. "-Can you?"

Before Sherry could ask why, her cold fingers were holding up her hand, the hand Sherry had worn the ring. She traced a finger from the back of Sherry's hand down to her forearm, and where it touched, a burning pain flared, and revealed light gold scaling, almost tattoo-like patterned against Sherry's skin. "Not long, I don't think," came her eternally amused voice, as if this was just all a game.

Grifferie

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

Grifferie

Crew

Deus Sherry

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:20 pm
Sherry's face showed her alarm at the question. Why wouldn't she be able to wait?

Confused and almost entranced, she didn't flinch from the cool touch, not until the pain started. Sherry hissed and squirmed, trying to pull away.

"What is this?" She looked down at it, afraid to touch her it herself. Gold. Scales. Dragon. Price. "What is it," she repeated.

Zoobey

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:37 pm
Yet the markings were gone and it was just the touch of her cold fingers, unyielding. The chill was was starting to burn Sherry's skin.

"Affliction," the way she said it was just another game to her, another fancy, a whim. "A fixed time set on the price of your existence. Are you scared?"

Grifferie

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

Grifferie

Crew

Deus Sherry

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:27 pm
Sherry stared at her arm, her mind's eye overlaying what she'd seen. It was hard to believe it had been real. But it had been.

She shuffled again under the touch, too cold now. The opposite of the pain from earlier. "Affliction," she said again in onfirmation and question. Her eyes rose to look at the woman. So beautiful, so casual about all of this. "I don't know if I'm scared."

It had to be related to the Legacy. The price she'd accepted. "I don't want to be scared of It. But I think I'm scared of this. What is it doing to me? Is it killing me? How can you help? Will it make the Dragon mad?" Sherry had so many questions.

Zoobey

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:27 pm
"Yes," she replied, not answering any specific question at all. "And when you die, no memory of you will remain."

It was said so simple and straightforward, it felt like at this moment, Sherry's existence hung on a fragile balance that threatened to scatter.

What felt like more than several heartbeats passed.

"The favour," the woman repeated again, gently, "Are you ready?"

Grifferie

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

Grifferie

Crew

Deus Sherry

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:39 pm
It felt to Sherry that something was slipping away. Her life maybe. Everything she held dear. Slipping away and she wanted nothing more in that moment than to scoop it up and keep it close.

She stared at the woman, at those eyes, that smile. She stared and she started to shake her head. She wasn't ready. There was no way, especially if it meant angering Gold. But.

"I owe you, so I guess I have to be. What is the favour?" Sherry would stick to her word.

Zoobey

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:00 pm
What is the favour?, Sherry heard her own voice echo over and over and over and the room felt so much larger, colder, wider. The woman was gone, or perhaps she har never been there in the first place-

But that wasn't quite right either was it? She knew this wasn't truly a woman, it was a weapon, and her name was-

- Was-

Cold. When Sherry woke up the bed was large, too large and spacious, and empty, like the apartment, the suite she resided. The ceiling was too tall, the walls too wide apart but it had always been like that, for years and years now. Her alarm blared again and through the thin curtains and wider windows she could see it was still dark outside. 4:30 am.

It would take her longer to find her coat, a fresh one from her closet, and then check her schedule again. Few appointments, some basically on funding for those in her division, and not too much else. As she mulled over those, another presence stirred too in her mind - her weapon.

"Good morning," said Circe.

Grifferie
Sherry is now in a "dream au" where she has been a life division lead for 10 years now. Her weapon - well it has always been the same one now hasn't it?

Feel free to make up some more backstory, interact, and explore the AU As well as make up her setting/ roles/ etc.

WE ARE HALLOWEEN
Captain

Blessed Member

Grifferie

Crew

Deus Sherry

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:26 pm
Good Morning, Sherry replied pleasantly. She sipped at her tea and glanced over her schedule for the day once again before closing the small leather bound planner and readying herself to actually leave her spacious, if not a little bare, apartment. She'd learned long ago not to become attached to things -- too often things had gone wrong in her early days as a trainee. She'd lost too many things.

She did pause, planner tucked under one arm and mug of tea in hand, on her way out of the apartment. One thing she did keep plenty of was records. Copies of reports and files from those in her division. Everything from research notes to mission reports to personality quiz answers. She liked to know what everyone was doing. Of course, most of the information was voluntarily collected. She knew the value of a secret.

She paused there, by her shelf of reports, and grabbed a few. Things to read over before a few of her appointments.

By 5:15 am she was making her rounds. The pod room, first, to make sure all was well and functioning as it should. She spent a moment chatting with the trainee signed to watch it overnight. She was still amused when trainees seemed afraid of her. Afraid or unsure how to talk to her. Sherry had to smile to herself.

Her next stop was past the minipet room. "Hello, Besty," she said to the hunter she found there. Besty was also up early everyday - she insisted that she liked to get started with her experiments early. Lately she'd been melting a lot of minipets. Which she said she'd probably do again today, as well.

"I'll need to do a collection run before the end of the week. I'm almost out of test subjects," she said.

"Approved," Sherry said, raising her mug of tea as a form of cheers. "Take a few of the new trainees with you. They could use the experience." And then Sherry was off to her office.

Her office, too, was large, though it help more of her than her apartments did. Perhaps that was because she spent more time here. Maps hung on the walls - world maps, with locations of high fear, lairs, ruins, and hundreds of interesting things marked on them. Samples of various fluids and things sat in pretty little jars along one wall, backlit with a subtle light so as to be lovely. She'd been told it was also eerie. One whole wall was devoted to runic tech - showcasing the history of it, as far as they knew.

Sherry set her files, her planner, and her mug down before sitting down herself. She had some time to read through things before her first appointment.

She sighed at the first appointment. She'd told this particular hunter a hundred time that she was NOT going to be funding an expedition to the center of the earth. He was going to be presenting her with more stories of dinosaurs down there. "I can't wait," she said. Some said she was getting bitter in her old age.
"Maybe we should see about getting him transferred. Do you think Death would take him?" she asked Circe even as she opened the next folder.

It looked like Lucky was going to be asking for more funds for his project again. More work on runic defense systems. Complete with a demonstration this time around. Sherry smiled to herself, nodding. He'd be getting his money. It was good having someone so dedicated to runic research these days. He'd come up with some truly great things over the years.

The next meeting looked like it would be one on weapon conversion research. Sherry sipped at her tea and kept reading. They'd been making improvements in that area, too.

"Oh." It seemed she was out of tea. Sherry rose and moved towards her runic kettle. She'd have to wait for it to warm.

Zoobey

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces